If you havent seen this film you should kill yourself

If you havent seen this film you should kill yourself

It's such a fucking awesome feel-good movie.

Doesn't come close to touching Linklater's other stuff, but I'll be damned if I didn't have fun watching it.

But then what would become of my collection of gashapon?

I saw it and didn't like it

literally /fit/ the movie, gay as fuck

It's pretty new to be fair, but yeah, you should watch it.

This movie looks like it will remind me how much of a piece of shit I am. I don't think I can watch it.

this is the reason all the losers at Cred Forums havent seen it

good this movie is for wannabe alphas, movie nerds who want an inside peek of a jocks life

spoiler alert: its meandering and boring

shouldn't i watch it?

>spoiler alert: its meandering and boring

You just outed yourself as a turbopleb. Opinion discarded.

holy shit i watched it last night
one of the comfiest movies i've ever seen

I'm going to edge myself and play with a big black dildo in my butt, while I watch these young men lusting for a hole, ty for this gay movie op

HOW IS IT CALLED?

It's literally Dazed and Confused crossed with his Bad News Bears remake. It's so laid back it's impossible to hate.

I thought it was better than Dazed

Good movie

everybnody wants some

>tfw the original title was thats what i'm talking about
its a good thing they changed it otherwise Cred Forums memers would have kept spamming threads

Fuck you! I was ready to watch it.

that's too bad, now you gotta die

Is this a movie women will never understand ?

Dazed was not a Chad fest though

all Americans who aren't limp-wristed artsy fags like myself are chads tbqh

wow a film about chads having more fun than everyone else, how compelling

As with all his films the main protagonist is someone torn between the arts and sports worlds, as Linklater was irl. He was a star quarterback who also loved alternative music and reading and movies.

The main protag in EWS! is the guy who helps bridge the jocks with the punks, and then later the theatre kids.

The thing is, one of the points of the movie is that these guys are more complex than just "Chad". The main dude comes into college thinking he's going to be surrounded by dumb Chads and realizes these guys are more complex than he knew.

That's what I love about Linklater - every character has layers. His "bad guys" always do some cool, kind-hearted stuff even if they're douche bags, and his "good guys" always have a devlish side to them as well.

Fun movie.

so sad...

why was Finn so based?

he got the best mustache

this dude was so fucking pretty in this movie, i would suck his dick and i aint even gay

I've already watched it four times this year, including August 28th. This is the date Jake moves to college in the film and it was also the day I moved to college so it felt special.

>His "bad guys" always do some cool, kind-hearted stuff even if they're douche bags, and his "good guys" always have a devlish side to them as well.
You nailed it, that's what I love about them too.

His charisma was off the charts.

Saw it with my baseball team in the baseball house. It was probably the best movie experience I've ever had tb h. Every character felt like someone on the team

That sounds fun as fuck

>im on the baseball team

no you are not

I loved it. Makes me regret not getting into sports and normie shit. Probably would have had a better time in life. I had some good times with the boys in college but nothing like this.

>I had some good times with the boys in college
oh I BET you did....

>70s chad movie

no thanks

It was; it's weird cause the layout of the house is even similar

is it so hard to believe? not every user is a socially inept NEET

I think he's implying you fucked boys in college

A better question is why is Glen Powell so good at portraying Chads? His character in Scream Queens was also a pitch perfect depiction and was literally named Chad.

>is it so hard
oh I BET it is...

;)

oh hehe ;)

I saw it three times in a theater and I've watched it seven times since then.

We're living in peak Linklater everyone, enjoy it while it lasts.

i have the same shit jaw
should i prepare the rope?

the movie has only been out for a few months.
youve seen it TEN times?

shouldn't we just watch the film? What are you, a mafioso?

It meh and super boring. They didn't even play baseball.

*80s chad movie

what is this movie? I don't even know about it

Yes. I am a very big Linklater fan and my gf became pretty obsessive about it so we watched it multiple times. I generally try to watch 6-9 movies a week when I can so it's not that huge really.

the new Linklater movie, Everybody Wants Some. If you like Dazed and Confused you should check it out. Riotously fun.

your girlfriend was obsessed because she wanted to see what real men look like for once.

fortunately that is also the reason I was obsessed with it so it worked out for both of us

or they could just watch it

Sure it's a feel good movie, until you realize how unrealistic it is to be friends with a bunch of openminded as fuck chads willing to explore any subculture's festivities

>Dazed and Confused

What? It doesn't even compare to The Stoned Age.

Ehh, it was good but not as good as Dazed.

You didn't watch the movie

I thought it was cool but boyhood was better bro

Did you know it took 12 years to make?

no you're thinking of slaves.

why did he have writer's block

Too much sex and drugs.

Holy fuck I wish I had a jawline like this

l - i - v - i - n

Shoulda played baseball.

the trailer song is better than the movie

I don't understand

I didn't make a qualitative comparison. EWS is made by the same person as Dazed and the two movies are very similar in tone and structure. Linklater said EWS was meant to be a spiritual sequel to Dazed.

Also EWS is amazing, one of the best comedies of the last few years.

just making smalltalk m'dude

how come you didn't like EWS?

I haven't watched it. I compared Dazed to the Stoned Age

Oh.

You don't like Dazed and Confused?

But why?

Too melodramatic, too "watch how we lived superior than you, the new generation", too idealising both the 70s and america. Same thing as Detroit Rock City only I liked that one because I watched it in its time.

The Stoned Age was just mayhem, no nostalgia

Lolwut. I'm 25 and I love it especially because it brings memories from my similar teenage years. It didn't melodramatically make older generations seem idealized, you just didn't have friends.

I don't really think the movie's intent is to be nostalgic about a specific generation. The movie is deliberately set the same year that Linklater graduated from high school. It is meant to be a personal reflection on what his youth feels like that manages to both intimate and expansive. It's an amazing movie.

You kinda sound like a pleb though.

are we still talking about Dazed and Confused??

yes

are you sure you've seen it?

yes

nothing like DRC and The Stoned Age

btw, Dazed and COnfused is too "in" as I 've seen it referenced much more than the 2 aforementioned movies. SO who's the pleb?

>its meandering and boring
babby's first linklater?

I know it's probably a good movie but I was such a fucking loner autist in high school and college that it'll probably just give me heavy negative feels

Are you suggesting that obscurity = quality?

I've never seen The Stoned Age referenced on this board. That must mean it's the greatest movie of all-time.

Also are you a non-native English speaker?

Poor man's American Graffiti, younglings.

fucking this

American Graffiti is good but Dazed is significantly better. EWS is also better.

>That must mean it's the greatest movie of all-time.

never claimed that, but I liked it better than Dazed

and yes, I am a non-native english speaker, I am THE non-native english speaker from the current Sopranos thread ;)

suck my cawk ;D

I am and it makes me feel like I'm wasting my time but that drives me to at least attempt to be better. I'll never be a Chad but oh well, no reason to mope about it.

Why is this film so underrated?

This is one of the most hilarious images on internet.

how is it underrated? it is considered a classic.

if anything it's overrated

>American Graffiti is good but Dazed is significantly better.

Strongly disagree, haven't seen EWS yet. BRB, doing what OP said.

+

you called me pleb, so how am I a pleb if I liked this movie that not many people reference, more than another movie much more referenced?

check mate m8

>if anything it's overrated

Nobody ever fucking talks about it you clown. On top of that people shit on George Lucas and ride Linklater cock like it's going to make them five birth to The Great American Motion Picture when dude isn't even top ten greatest living American filmmakers.

this a strange sequence of trolling

not trolling.
how can you refute my argument?

Are you using this board as a way of understanding the world? Because that's not healthy. American Graffiti is widely beloved and will appear in any list of the 1000 best movies/1000 movies to see before you die etc that you can find.

Lucas's only great movie is THX 1138. Graffiti is good though.

And I'm curious as to which 10 working American filmmakers you would put above Linklater. I think he'd make that list for sure.

you're a dumbshit. the internet doesn't talk about because it's a bunch of 15 years olds who don't know what it is. older generations consider it a classic

>several awards when it came out, nominated for best picture
>huge cultural influence
>on three afi lists
>preserved in national film registry
>several notable directors noting it as an influence

>"b-but it's underrated, no one talks about it in my high school"
lol

>American Graffiti is widely beloved and will appear in any list of the 1000 best movies/1000 movies to see before you die etc that you can find.

Are you retarded? That's not a mark of how widely appreciated something is. Fucking YiYi is going to appear on those lists too, that doesn't mean it can be brought up in casual conversation with normies as a great movie like The Godfather or whatever because most people won't even have fucking seen it.

>Lucas's only great movie is THX 1138
>Star Wars
>not great

Actually kill yourself.

> I'm curious as to which 10 working American filmmakers you would put above Linklater

Martin Scorsese
Quentin Tarantino
Paul Thomas Anderson
Steven Soderbergh
Wes Anderson
David Fincher
Spike Jonze
The Coen Bros
Steven Spielberg
Terence Malick

and more

>that list
ayyyy

There is literally know way you could come up with a better one, or come up with one that omitted every filmmaker from that list unless you took non-American directors into account so don't ayyyy lmao me you cunt.

That was a different person you responded to. And yeah, I could easily come up with a better list than that.

I mean Spike Jonze. What the fuck? Fincher's masterpiece came out nearly 10 years ago and he's released trash ever since.

You just have a list of the most mainstream, well-respected American directors on there.

Where are people like Kelly Reichardt, Kenneth Lonergan, Roberto Minervini, etc?

Anyway, I guess your plebianism was pretty clearly indicated by the fact that you think Star Wars is a great movie.

also, no Frederick Wiseman?

stay pleb forever my man

no Todd Haynes either?

You disgust me

I rattled off a few immediately and now I am realizing just how awful your list actually is

I wouldn't omit all of them, just half at least.

no James Gray either

vile

>I mean Spike Jonze. What the fuck? Fincher's masterpiece came out nearly 10 years ago and he's released trash ever since.

I can't take you seriously, sorry.

> Kelly Reichardt, Kenneth Lonergan, Roberto Minervini
>greatest living American directors

Oh fuck off with your hipster trash list.

You're just going full meme.

Minervini doesn't belong on any list.

>and more

>I wouldn't omit all of them, just half at least

Because opinions, retard. My point is that there are a wealth of filmmakers to place above Linklater, and thta list isn't fucking trash, you'd have to b an idiot to think those ten aren't GOAT.

Gone Girl and Dragon Tattoo are trash.

Also, it is okay to watch movies beyond what is playing at your local multiplex. I know it's scary but believe me, there's lots of good stuff out there.

Way to dismiss anything you haven't heard of as "hipster trash" though. It really makes you seem like you probably have interesting insights into film.

or Jim Jarmush?

still, the Stoned Age is better than Dazed. By miles

Any list that has Spike Jonze on it is trash.

And Linklater has a better output than at least 5 and probably actually 6 directors on your list.

Then you have a director like Malick who is currently destroying his legacy.

Kill people who don't like Jonze desu

>Any list that has Spike Jonze on it is trash.

Spike Jonze is a fucking god mate

>Linklater has a better output than at least 5 and probably actually 6 directors on your list

Nah.

Right? What kind of bullshit is this?

>no Whit Stilman
gay

It's okay to be a pleb pal.

Go line up at the multiplex for the new Tarantino movie with a big ol' bag of popcorn. Continue a life of dismissing any movie that isn't a major Hollywood production that allows you to watch it in a room full of people eating poutine. You've got all the answers! Everyone disagreeing with your list of the most popular directors in America is just a hipster moron!

>i have seen more obscure movies, that makes me better than you

this is why we cant have nice things