ITT: tv shows and movies that should be worshiped by critics but aren't because they are part of a genre that...

ITT: tv shows and movies that should be worshiped by critics but aren't because they are part of a genre that pretentious snobs look down on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WGbJG044Yn4
youtube.com/watch?v=0H-ibMaXa_c
youtube.com/watch?v=wuFNZJe6PSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everything single detail about this show is literally irreproachable. It's flawless.

I wish I could find another show like this. It's what sci-fi should be.

watching this in 4:3 on SciFi channel in the early 2000s is one of the coziest, fondest memory of my entire media-consuming life.

Lexx.

>'You see that one, that's that star right there. It's my point of reference, my guide, and it always becomes the center of my chart. I always name it Aeryn.'

this should've been horribly cheesy and pure gringe, but it turned out to be the most heartwarming, romantic scene I have ever seen.
gj ben, you rock.

It obviously lay down a lot of the concept but it was too raw. Farscape is the finished product.

I wouldn't call it flawless, there are some pretty bad episodes in the first two seasons

like what

>some pretty bad episodes in the first two seasons

Agreed. But something i always mention is typically when Farscape "doresn't work" its because they were trying something new and weird. Most scifi TV is so scared to take a chance that I tend to give even farscape's truly terrible episodes a pass.

I,ET comes to mind

>you will never watch farscape for the first time again

you are right, that episode was pretty bad.

i wish it was still on, i'd love to catch random comfy episodes.

critics in general shit all over the sci-fi genre

>tfw watched farscape ages ago and only remember some details so can watch it again like it was the first time

I, ET
Jeremiah Crichton
Vitas Mortis
Taking the Stone
Dream a Little Dream

There are also two really lame episodes in season 4, A Prefect Murder and Coup by Clam

Still, seven bad episodes out of a total of 88 is a damn good record

but user, it's even better the second time, especially season 1

i know

it was just an awesome show to get completely blindsided by on netflix

I'm glad the show is getting more exposure now thanks to streaming, though last I checked both Amazon and Hulu took it down, not sure if it's still on Netflix

It took me a few eps to get into it. Took me a month to watch up to the episode where John and Aeryn get stuck on a planet and grow old together. Took me less than a week to finish the rest.

Netflix still has it, but all the episodes of S1 are out of order.

Is it worth watching? Is it one of those series who takes 2 seasons before it gets guud?

Babylon 5 > Plebscape

All time favorite episode?

I say this as a fan of Babylon 5, but Farscape is at least ten times better

9.33 (repeating of course) by my calculations

No way in hell I could choose just one, but my top 5 are:
John Quixote
Won't Get Fooled Again
Revenging Angel
Dog with Two Bones
A Constellation of Doubt

I.ET wasn't a bad episode - it was flipping the script on the typical alien encounter.

If you want bad, Dream a Little Dream was completely retarded (lawyer planet one). Also the one with the cartoon images was stupid too.

>Also the one with the cartoon images was stupid too.
you can't be serious, that's one of the best episodes

Nah, it was dumb IMO. It was a total gimmick and it was forced as hell. The plot was basically written around the idea that he wanted to do and there was no real REASON for any of it to have taken place.

Season 1 and 5 of B5 is simply average at best.

Damn near everything about Farscape is perfect.

Well I love it, it's Farscape's love letter to Chuck Jones. It might not have any context to the series at large but that doesn't bother me, it's just a fun romp like Scratch 'n Sniff or John Quixote.

IMO the best episodes are the crazy, everyone-has-lost-it episodes

>Taking the Stone

>no Crackers Don't Matter

sorry, but nothing beats this
youtube.com/watch?v=WGbJG044Yn4

top ten for sure, there are just so many great eps

It's on PIVOT, at 3 in the fucking morning.

Best villain, or best villain?

That's Harvey.
Harvey isn't a villain
(except for that time he killed Aeryn)

Scorpius was the best villain I have yet seen in any TV series

youtube.com/watch?v=0H-ibMaXa_c

>I don't remember Maldis and his 2 incredibly bad episodes.

the Maldis episodes are very special "early roddenberry TNG" kind of bad.

This, Lexx is fucking awesome I wish it was still on Netflix.
Farscape is basically a higher budget ripoff of Lexx though, Lexx is more original and funnier to boot but was too weird and rough around the edges for plebs to get into.

The first one was okay, the second one sucked.

>Farscape is basically a higher budget ripoff of Lexx though
It's not a Lexx ripoff at all, they have distinctly different styles. Farscape has more in common with Blake's 7

>Lexx is more original and funnier
Farscape is far better than Lexx, which is complete shit aside from the fantastic pilot episode

gonna have to agree with this user.

I recall seeing quite a lot of Lexx back in the day and being perpetually bored by it. the chick was hot and the talking head could be funny every so often, but otherwise it just kinda sucked.

Wasn't there an episode where they were cartoons or did I dream it?

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=wuFNZJe6PSM

Revenging Angel S03E16

A LIVING SHIP

The wonders I've seen...

Good pet or bad pet?

Less annoying than Rigel