Well Cred Forums?
>Best Directing
>Best Acting
>Best Overall

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11255559
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How are these vs.?

Ones an action thriller the others a drama.

Country
Blood
Country

Same year movies.

>a bowling alley in the 19th century

No thanks, my vote goes to NCFOM.

No Country by a country mile for every category imaginable

>>Best Directing

"THERE WILL BE BLOOD".

>>Best Acting

"THERE WILL BE BLOOD".

>>Best Overall

"THERE WILL BE BLOOD":

this imho tbhfam

TWbB is overrated and NCfOM is not.

>Directing
PTA vs Cohen bros, probably the best mainstream directors working today. Generally I prefer PTA, but the COhen bros outshine him on this one. Probably one my favorite Cohen bros pic, next to Inside Llewelyn Davis and Fargo. So No Country wins.

>Acting
Javier Bardem, Tommy Lee J, and Josh Brolin are all convincing, especially Bardem. But Daniel Day-Lewis and Paul Dano are simply much more unusually magnetic characters, so I'll side with TWBB

>Overall:
Story wise, No Country is the most engaging (and fun), plus the tension built up to the climax feel so much more rewarding to the viewer.. TWBB is very good on its own, and I bet it could have won more awards if it wasn't up against No Country. So No Country win

They're pretty much some of the best pics from the 00's.

No Country For Old Men's last 20 or so minutes ruined it.

agreed, except i prefer the cohen brothers over pta

>movie ends in 1927
>first indoor bowling alley in the US opened in 1840

The ending of that movie fucking rules. It's one of the finest pleb filters of all time.

TWBB
TWBB
TWBB

Unobjectively this.

I was just talking about this with a friend last night. The last 20 minutes of that movie give the rest of the movie some thematic context.

wrong

> Directing

Coens. PTA is unreal, but the Coens are the Coens. Their ability to switch from sudden thrills to their signature quirky humor was never more present than this one. I almost find it a more polished version of Fargo.

> Acting

This is a give in. TWBB is primarily a character study with everything else being secondary. DDL had to make this film happen and he did that and more. The really only other "performance" is Dano and he was excellent as well. So many people complain that he was annoying and didn't seem authentic. Not realizing that that was the entire point.

> Overall

I honestly can't decide. As the first response said, they are completely different types of movies.

Regardless, these two serve as pretty good companion pieces about American culture and show two of our great contemporary directors at the top of their form.

Suck it, Tarantino.

it was amazing

took it from a really amazingly made thriller to a really good movie

>mfw realizing what the fuck he was on about with the dreams

what the fuck was he on about with the dreams???????

strawpoll.me/11255559
strawpoll.me/11255559

just vote, you fucks

Bump

Nothing about it was what I expected and I thought it was amazing

the one where he lost the money was because they never found the money

the one with his dad was because he said his dad died when he was young. The title is No Country for Old Men and is about how the sheriff realizes he is fighting a losing battle against an enemy he doesn't understand and can't compete with anymore. His father in the dream is riding ahead into the darkness of this "tide" of enemy (as the fat cop he spoke with called it) with a lit torch (symbolizing righteoussness or at least a perhaps young and naiive thirst for justice). The father is riding on ahead first because he died first carrying this torch when he died young, and the sheriff is lagging behind because he grew older, and isn't carrying the torch because his old age and seeing this stuff that made him retire has made his torch go out. The sheriff will catch up with the dad at the campsite and go to sleep when he is dead