Why does season 5 get so much hate...

Why does season 5 get so much hate? It seemed like the inevitable way the story was going to go re: Walt's slide into pure psychopathy

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/how-breaking-bad-made-a-dying-boys-wish-come-true-and-scored-a-brilliant-cameo-too/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the first half is stale and repetitive stuff we've already seen, and Jessie has a severely reduced role. The show in all other seasons was split between the two of them, but the final season Jessie is not so much a character but a maguffin, showing up to further the plot.

Still seems natural to me, Walt didn't really need Jesse after he became powerful, also dat ending

ITT: ""villains"" who did nothing wrong

It took everything that was wrong with the way the show was going at the end and ramped it up to 11 because they were just flying by the seat of their pants and didn't know what they wanted to do.

OP - just like legitimately everything on this board, Cred Forums is the only place where you will find hate for season 5. Not saying it's 10/10, but it's certainly very good and is universally acclaimed...except on Cred Forums.

The main criticism I have is the opening with the machine gun and the fact that Gilligan had no idea what he was going to do with it. He clearly is a big fan of flash forwards, but when dealing with the final season this tactic almost seems irresponsible. It ended up working out pretty well, but still. One wonders what would be different, if anything, had Gilligan not immediately cornered himself into a storyline.

Jack's gang raising so much hell used to bother me too, but it made a lot more sense and was significantly more coherent after rewatching the season.

Overall it was a near perfect ending for the show.

So they wrote that first scene without knowing how it would be used? That's pretty cool considering how nicely it tied in at the end

> It seemed like the inevitable way the story was going to go

Exactly, nothing unexpected happens, they play it too safe.

I feel like a happy ending would've been such a shitty cop out though

3>4>power gap>5>2>1

Jesse became a liability again in Season 5 part 2

Is Better Call Saul worth a watch? I didn't like season 4 or 5 to be honest and Saul was never a favourite character of mine to begin with

3>2>4>1>2>5

Thats pretty fucking retarded storytelling you absolute fucking moron.

"HEY LETS MAKE THE HOUSE ABANDONED AND FULL OF GRAFFITI AND WALT HAS TO GO BACK THERE FOR SOME REASON AND HE GETS A BIG GUN"

"But why Vince? Where are we going with this? What is going to happen?"

"WHO GIVES A FUCK WE'LL MAKE IT UP LATER LOL"

Correct.

Not going to find the interview where he said all the possible ideas they threw around for the gun, but some of them (keep in mind Gilligan didn't state how seriously they considered these ideas, but they DID consider them to an extent) were things like Walt uses it to shoot up a prison bus that Jesse is on or something.

Apparently the one thing they knew from the start that the gun would be used for was to "save someone" which was obviously Jesse.

Jesse teaming up with Hank was an interesting plot development that was barely explored, they were together for one episode before he got killed. Hell Hank watched a video of Jesse explaining the entire events of the series, it would've been great to see his reaction to all the huge revelations. Instead we saw shit we'd already seen a million times like Walt and Skyler arguing or Walt lying poorly to his son.

the Nazis were not that interesting and it was a letdown having them be a final bad guy to take out rather than following Walt vs Hank to its natural conclusion.

It's an entirely different show. It still has the visual aesthetic of BB obviously, but it's not really that much like it beyond the style.

A lot of TV is made like this senpai.

Well as someone who didn't know they worked backwards like that, it makes perfect sense to me, I don't really care if they made it up as they went along when it ended up that perfect

I always felt that this is the main failing BB, any scene with Walt and his family members felt like filler throughout the entire show

>"HEY LETS MAKE THE HOUSE ABANDONED AND FULL OF GRAFFITI

But this isn't revealed until the opening scene of Season 5 part 2 when they already knew exactly where and how the series was going to end.

>WALT HAS TO GO BACK THERE FOR SOME REASON

Not even sure how this is a criticism. Even before season 5 began airing, everyone already surmised that Walt would use the disappearing guy that he was initially going to use in season 4 to escape Gus. If you already figured that was going to happen then you would naturally assume that Walt would return at some point because it's a dramatic television show.

>HE GETS A BIG GUN" "But why Vince? >Where are we going with this? What is going to happen?"
>"WHO GIVES A FUCK WE'LL MAKE IT UP LATER LOL

Fair enough.

Also, OP, here's another fun fact.
thewrap.com/how-breaking-bad-made-a-dying-boys-wish-come-true-and-scored-a-brilliant-cameo-too/

>The biggest twist on Sunday’s “Breaking Bad” — a moment that brought Walter White out of pathetic, snowbound retirement — came courtesy of a 16-year-old boy who died of cancer in the spring.

>Gilligan once offered to tell Cordasco how “Breaking Bad” would end, and the teen turned him down — because he planned to live to see it himself.

Sadly, he didn’t. But he did contribute one of the its most crucial plot developments.

“Kevin, who was our wonderful, No. 1 fan… he told me that first day I spent with him, visiting him, he told me what he liked about the show and I said, ‘Is there something you feel is missing from the show?'” Gilligan said on the “Breaking Bad Insider” podcast. “He said, ‘You know what, I want to know more about Gretchen and Elliott. I want to know more about Walt’s backstory with them. I want to know what happened.'”

>Gilligan added: “I can’t promise you you will ever get your complete knowledge of that situation to your total satisfaction, but the very fact that Kevin mentioned Gretchen and Elliott led us — the writers and I — to reintroduce them, reincorporate them into the story.”

It wasn't perfect, it was stupid and lame and you have shit-tier taste if you think otherwise. You are probably young and if you continue to consume TV and film hopefully your tastes will grow and diversify and you will look back at BB and realize how shit it was.

The epitome of Cred Forums in one post, ladies and gentlemen.

>"it's shit"
>insult opinions without offering literally any argument as to why it was bad
>Writes like they absolutely no older than 21.

jesus....

Actually they regretted that cause they literally trapped themselves into a corner and had to come up with over convoluted bs to make sense of the big ass gun.

It was mostly good but the Neo-Nazis cane out of nowhere and were just comically evil. All the other bad guys made sense and seemed real, they were almost cartoonish.

2 is good desu

I don't need to explain why its shit you stupid motherfucker because I watched it and I know its shit.

But here are a couple things anyway... Skylar always against Walt and his nefarious schemes all along, every episode and always protecting her sister and Hank but "Hey Sky lets make a video pretending that Hank is the criminal mastermind and throw him and your bitch sister under the bus" "Oh yeah thats a great idea Walt, lets do it."

Another one is fucking super obvious... Walt outsmarts the shit out of the greatest druglord criminal mastermind and kills him beautifully but then gets taken down by a bunch of white trash prison Nazis??? You really believe that shit? Its terrible storytelling. Things happen that do not seem reasonable or logical based on things that previously happened. Shit storytelling.

It should have ended after the death of Gus.

>Skylar always against Walt and his nefarious schemes all along, every episode and always protecting her sister and Hank but "Hey Sky lets make a video pretending that Hank is the criminal mastermind and throw him and your bitch sister under the bus" "Oh yeah thats a great idea Walt, lets do it."

Oh, I see you missed season 4 where she helps Walt craft his cover story about gambling being the driving factor for their marital issues and also his sudden financial success. Yeah, you must have also missed the part where she volunteered to launder the money at the car wash and cook the books/store the money in their storage unit. Damn, son, you missed some really important plot points.

>Walt outsmarts the shit out of the greatest druglord criminal mastermind and kills him beautifully but then gets taken down by a bunch of white trash prison Nazis??? You really believe that shit?

Yes, I do. It makes quite a bit of sense actually when you remember that Gus and Jack are completely different entities in terms of how "evil" they are. Walt knew Gus and how he operated due to being his employee for a few months, so he was able to form a plan and outsmart Gus by using Gus' one weakness - his hatred for Hector. However, Jack and his crew were pure chaos who were 100% self interested in their own gain and who Walt had only dealt with once prior (Walt had Jack use his guys to murder a bunch of people in prison at the same time - not sure if you saw that). So when Jack thinks his personal financial printing press (Walt) is in danger, he and his boys grab their big ass guns and show up only to find DEA agents. Again - they re 100% self interested so they were obviously going to kill Hank and Gomez rather than stand down, which, obviously, led to Walt's complete collapse.

>I don't need to explain why its shit you stupid motherfucker because I watched it and I know its shit.

God damn, you sound like a fucking retard. Learn to not talk like an edgelord.

It was both the best and worst season. It started extremely strong but the finale was terrible. Just terrible.