Greatest music movie

is this the greatest movie about playing music ever made? it teaches that playing music should be a highly stressful situation, I love it

no its school of rock

but that movie taught us that music should be fun, unlike whiplash - god what a great movie

That wasn't the message nice meme.

you mean Spinal Tap?

Almost Famous

It's the Full Metal Jacket of music.

what was the message?

American Pop

yup, that's exactly what it is

i dunno man, if that's what you want out of a teacher than that's your thing, i just don't believe music should be taught in the manner they depicted

Anyone who knows anything or has any experience at all relating to music should be able to tell you that this movie is trash unless they are retarded.

you are a retard.
>muh music
it wasn't about music you utter dipshit.

No it shouldn't be taught like that, and it isn't. It's completely out to lunch.

That it never gets easy no matter how talented you are, the shit just keeps piling on. You either play through or you don't

>waaa hes a good guy dude fletcher is a good guy hes actually the good one cuz the ending smile makes it all right

shit movie, reddit tier

also, you shouldn't feel the need to prove yourself constantly, or else in the midst of your chase of it you'll probably lose everything else in the process

>is this the greatest movie about playing music ever made? it teaches that playing music should be a highly stressful situation, I love it

The op was my friend

I'm just so sick of this bootcamp scared straight shit - I'm sure it works for the military and shit but come on we're just trying to play some music here

jimi hendrix never even learned how to read music

This movie would be good except Miles Teller is filthy juden

totally right?
>too fast
>too slow
>too fast

jesus just play the fucking song who gives a fuck? if you listen to some of the most legendary recordings of music legends the tempo fluctuated a bunch! if it feels good do it! i've heard miles davis tracks where by the end of it they were a bunch faster tempowise than the beginning

lmao

Except it is.
Charles Mingus kicked the tooth out of one of his musicians because he was fucking it up.
When Sun Ra wasn't satisfied with the performance of someone, he just left them stranded in the city while he took the rest of the ensemble to the next city.

>Some old black jazz artists were assholes so we should be assholes too!

And that Inside Llewellyn Davis is the best music movie ever made

>musician here

10/10 subtle troll got me

This is why we're all glad jazz is dead

kys

I didn't say it should be like that, I said it is.
Not only you talk about shit you know fuck about, but you don't know how to comprehend basic texts.
The only way you could possibly think there's no rigurosity and perfectionism in music is if you're completely oblivious to art music and only listen to plebeian garbage.
For a classicaly trained musician, extensive practice is the norm, and for some jazz musicians that's the case too, Barney Kessel was known for practicing 14 hours a day.

wat

>

Amadeus is better.

It even does the climactic "feuding rivals put aside differences to make music" scene better.

Musician here. Been playing/reading music alone and in group settings(garage bands, orchestra, jazz ensembles) since I was 12.

The movie was very enjoyable, but then again I have a bias when it comes to movies about and revolving around other musicians.

However, it gets harder and harder to watch;

The 'not muh tempo' scene was horribly cringe. Any scene showing andrew 'playing' is just badly edited(you don't need to be a musician to see his hits have shit timing with the actual song).

Andrew 'practicing' was terrible since every single time we see him practice its him practicing double-time swing('Whiplash' has no sections of double-time swing in the actual piece, and 'Caravan' only has it during Andrews extended solo)

The missing folder scene was a stupid way for the writers to get Andrew to impress Fletcher.

We only ever see Fletcher pick on the drummers(beside the fat fuck in the beginning).

Fletcher intentionally sabotaged Andrew in the end, making Andrew walk off. Had Andrew not come back for the solo, Fletcher would be without a drummer for the rest of his bands set.

Everything 'music' about this movie was pretty shitty. But the cast, soundtrack, filming style were all enjoyable.

Call it a concert or whatever...there was nothing better before it. There will never be anything better.

You mean that the last half was shit and forgettable?

Okay...you know the ending isn't a happy one right? Sure he impresses the teacher, but now he's invested in being passively controlled by a manic man. His life will mimic the jazz players he idolizes and he'll die addicted to drugs and alone because all he focuses on is being a good drummer. It's literally the most sad movie I've ever watched.

Blues Brothers is

Best answer so far. Has the best examples of music legends and great session artists

This film was unbearable.
>not quite my time
Shut the fuck up you bald cunt, music is shit and you're shit.

What would you do, if this man would slap you in the face in front of auditory for fucking up tempo?

>most sad
Kysmm