You ever feel like you like seasons 5 through 7 because you're supposed to?

You ever feel like you like seasons 5 through 7 because you're supposed to?

What? Don't ever, ever say or think that again!

But I don't.
Only redditors liked those.

nah even if im suppose to i still dont like them

anything after season 4 is shit

shows get cancelled for a reason

Unwatchable. Saw the first few episodes up to the DUDE iPods LMAO ep and quit. Doubt it got any better. Did it get canceled again?

Did anybody like the revival? It felt just as stale as it would have had it not been cancelled.

I dont exactly like them but if I'm on a futurama marathon ill watch em anyways

The first 3 seasons are GOD-Tier

seasons 1-4 are just as shit

The only good Comedy Central episode was The Late Philip J Fry

get out of here edge lord

s5 was shit. S6 was okay. S7 was good.

People don't understand it takes a little bit of time to git gud. Futurama wasn't brilliance, born of divinity. It was a good TV show from seasoned writers.

i guess I never felt compelled to watch them all...

in all honesty, I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing Futurama again. Adult Swim showed it without pause for what seemed like an eternity.

there are still a lot of great episodes though.

Can I ask what makes you think 7 is good? IMO it just had so many bad episodes. I really liked the final episode though, put a perfect cap on the entire series

no, I don't like any of them

I listened to some commentaries from season 6 and it sounded like they had to cut their writing staff in half from the fox era, and it shows.

Seasons 1-4 are my goto fall asleep show along with classic era Simpsons, super comfy stuff with like a million small jokes that you miss on first watch.

>Season 1-3
GOAT

>Season 4
Some dud episodes like that shitty "A Taste of Freedom" or the pretentious "The Sting" but also some classics.

>Season 5/Movies
Format just doesn't work at all

>Season 6
Largely miss but some good stuff.

>Season 7
Just forgettable.

Futurama fucking died because the writers went into full blown Soap Opera mode like anyone gave a shit about Fry and Leela's relationship. Roswell That Ends Well is the best episode and the show should have never left that style of plotting and humor. Death to sentimental fags who like drivel like Jurassic Bark.

Bender's Big Score was good though. Into the Wild Green Yonder was okay.

Name one (1) TV show that was saved from cancellation and wasn't complete shit afterards.

I loved season 6. You guys are notorious contrarians so who cares what you think

The sting is pretty great while fucked up on mushrooms, or some other psychedelic. But kinda bad sober.

Yeah agreed benders big score was pretty good.

Jurassic Bark was good because it was still a regular episode that blindsided you with a sad plot. The other sad episodes were garbage because they relied too heavily on being sad without the funny side

Benders Big Score > Beast with a Billion Backs > Benders Game > Green Yonder

Wait...isnt that the actual order they came out?

the ending was sappy manipulative shit

>haha wacky stuff for 22:30
>0:30 of oh wait let me pull this "it was actually really sad" sappy ending out of my ass

Yeah I'm being hateful to Jurassic Bark unfairly I just hate that it really ushered in the latter style that Futurama had where it was largely just character driven stories.

It was just a much more interesting show when they went to crazy planets and had funny adventures.

There's certain part of any fanbase that eats that shit up and once the writers room starts catering to them it causes the end. People who want to learn more about Rick and Morty's relationship. These people need to just move onto dramas instead of expecting silly cartoons to give them those emotional elements.

I'm gonna go on record saying that the "Susan Boil" joke was mean spirited and completely out of the nature of Futurama.

It didn't kill my enjoyment of the remainder of the show's run, but it certainly came close.

>It was just a much more interesting show when they went to crazy planets and had funny adventures.
I think this is why I like Rick and Morty, its filling that void that futurama left. Sadly though even that show seems to be getting sappy and its only on the second season

I didn't even know it was a reference to something until your post, I just thought it was a really shitty premise for an episode.

a lot of the later season episodes seemed like the premise was just pulled out of a hat
>Leela has a singing ass boil!
>Bender impregnates a soda machine!
>The professor is a drag racer!
>Zoidberg gets a girlfriend!

Susan Boyle was a contestant on one of those vocal competion shows. Everybody dismissed her but she came back a delievered a damn-fine rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables.

Now, I'm not saying Susan Boyle's off limits to humor, but having her be a litteral boil on Leela's ass is just tonaly wrong for Futerama and, I would argue, so unfunny that it should have been shot down in early drafts of the script.

Zoidberg getting a girlfriend is a perfect payoff for his character, though. He's the only member of Planet Express who isn't narcissitic or a jerk. (Fry, Nibbler, and Scruffy being exceptions I guess).

The Zoid deserved happiness.

every time a show is revived like this it's shit. look at family guy

first few season were okay, but that could be the nostalgia talking.

Reminder that Time Keeps on Slipping is the greatest episode.

It had its moments. The final episode was really good I thought. And the Inspector 5 ep with Bender and Hermes was really good, and actually one of my favorite Bender episodes.

>yfw Bender tap dances on the corpse of a child

>thats not back bacon, thats your back bakin!

Weak skinned yuropoor

Benders big score was amazing

Most premises can be boiled down to sound stupid.

>BENDER IS FULL OF HIMSELF SO HE HAS A BIG STATUE BUILT

You're just picking out details. There's more to all of those episodes.

6 and 7 aren't even that bad, 5 is the only true shit season

Susan go to bed

The premises took a big hit, they were too wacky and stupid. The individual jokes about the characters and situations were still great though. There's still 15 minutes of good jokes per episode and 7 minutes of awful plot garbage.

Billy West changed Fry's voice and ruined it.

There was some okay stuff in there but the magic was gone

and Bender's Game is total shit.

>total shit
welcome to wipe castle!

Those episodes have a basis though, they go to an egyptian themed planet and bender takes over. Egyptians have always been known to build monuments honoring themselves and with benders ego its no surprise.
The leela ass boil episode had a basis too, the whole eyephone thing, but still having it end up being about her ass boil is just absurd. Zoidberg getting a girlfriend was just both an excuse to have zoidbergs story end happy and get emilia clarke to guest star. Professor being a drag racer didnt even have a basis, it was just stupid.
Out of all the ones I listed the only one that actually makes somewhat sense is the soda machine was because bender has his son
at least in later seasons episodes like when leela and zap get stranded on a planet alone they're actually doing something like an adam and eve story, but there are still some really stupid episodes like bender becoming a fire fighter and suddenly sun fire is sentient and hates us.

Great analysis, McGoo!
Now give us your thoughts on "Fun on a Bun"!

They all have a basis. That's exactly the point. You're not getting it.

>Bender and Fry are having a meme contest!
>Fry finds out Leela has a singing boil

that's it

This. Nothing but apologists over there. Same with The Simpsons.

I don't like seasons 5 through 8 as a whole, but I'd say they did produce enough good episodes to constitute a single quality season.

futurama is reddit incarnate

The Susan Boil part of that episode is what ended the show for me.

The Devils Hands Are Idle Playthings is the best episode, there is no competition.

I like the look of it so every word could be "bacon"

futurama became social commentary like south park for liberals

pathetic

Seth MacFarlane is more Reagonistic

This episode was GOAT.

It's interesting, virtually every episode before seasons 4 is GOAT tier

EXCEPT

With 'How Hermes Recquisitioned his Groove Back' you can see the shitter elements of the later series already seeping in.

Can't believe they zombified muh Futurama

This is something that always comes to mind when I wonder if restrictions, and not freedom leads to clever and creative stuff. They obviously had a lot more license to do whatever with the revival compared to being under Fox, and they seemingly just got unimaginative and complacent as fuck. I only bothered with about half of the comeback season when it was airing so it could have changed, though most seem to think the later ones were bad also.

yeah and being a cartoon, they had more freedom for expression, but no, they choose to stick to american romance, even for the flicks

practically every ep from se1-4 had incredible pacing. they were able to fit so much into just 20 minutes. you really felt like you got a pretty good overview of what it might be like for a cartoon delivery service flying around delivering shit around the solar system.

se5-7 just lost that vibe entirely. the episodes felt 'slow' and dull in comparison.

>that episode with the bender clones killed that ugly giant
That was a Family Guy tier episode

I've seen a few random episodes from the newer seasons while channel surfing, and some of them are good, in my opinion.

Even the eps that weren't all that good, still had some funny parts in them

Futurama is strange to me. Sometimes the characters don't feel like characters. Other times it's just hilarious. Something that always sticks out to me for instance, is when the cast is having an intervention on Professor Farnsworth to take him to those youth pools. Leela says something out of character and annoying

Leela: OK, OK. We're not gonna force you until I finish this sentence. Get him!

It's such an artificially comedic line. And many episodes are plagued with this kind of writing. I notice it whenever it crops up, that the writer clearly put that there because they thought it was funny instead of something the character might've actually said.

Whatever, great show.

>tfw loved futurama as a kid and didn't want it beign cancelled
>after years of waiting it returns
>only to suck badily and I can't even watch it anymore

Biggest disappoint of the decade?

Hansen vs Predator

>like that time I watched tron legacy
>LIKE THE KARDASHIANS
yeah nah the reboot can suck my 4 inch dick

In my opinion 6 and 7 did lower the bar quite a bit, however I do think just like 1-4, once in a while there's an episode that's just really good. Just as good as some of the best 1-4 episodes.

I really liked Murder on the Planet Express for example since I really enjoyed 2001, The Thing and Alien.

Also the one with the time machine is probably one of their best episodes too.

Jurassic Bark isnt that good

No one wants to suck that. No, not even my mom

This one was better