Who is the best Star Trek character ever and why is it Neelix?

Who is the best Star Trek character ever and why is it Neelix?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyF-ik2Cteg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Neelix was actually really great. He was captain of his own ship.

Cred Forums only ever posts about the nature of his relationship to his two-year-old wife but the fact that he was a captain is more interesting

Indeed. We also later learn that the Talaxians were basically the space-nips. They had a big war with another alien species and one of their peaceful paradise moons was essentially nuked, wiping out hundreds of thousands of them and forcing them to surrender.

Neelix was the deepest character in the shows history. We love you Neelix.

neelix is the main cunny poster on this board that's a fact

AYY that's not Phlox.

>the greatest love story ever told on screen

Nobody likes Neelix at first he was like comedy character but then you realise he is also serious. Sometimes too serious.

The Doctor

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

>tfw your qt elf gf dumps you and you have to live the rest of your days on an asteroid with your wife's son

Ah, now it's a Star Treck thread!

Yellow, and green if you know what I mean.

"Commander, tell me about your flight plan."

Daily reminder that ENT was better than TNG and VOY

Neelix is the Jar Jar of the Star Trek universe.

Fuck that fucking incompetent, shit cook, shit guide, insanely jealous, useless shit heap twat.

he did a lot wrong. the only thing he was half decent at was being a filthy rebel

Commander friendly reminder that your sexual organs did nothing wrong.

>His favorite character isn't Garak

I sing an ode to Neelix's penis anytime the theme tune plays

DS9 is worst-Trek. Nigger "captain" and Garak was obviously a homosexual.

Then why only 4 seasons, while TNG, DS9 & VGR all got 7?
Oh yeah, Scott Dracula sucked as Captain, Jolene Blalock was flat [even for a Vulcan] as T'Pol... Trip was the only good character!

close

janeway wasn't poorly written, her bipolar behavior is the perfect representation of a woman in a position of power..

Is he "Our Guy"?

he was a junker salvaging debris

She was a mostly good chaotic neutral just trying to get her ship home in one piece with as most survivors as possible. Ensigns are expendable in my view.

The old anti-Janeway meme again I see.

>She was a mostly good chaotic neutral
She was a pompous bipolar fool who should never have been given command of a starship

No, but actually and for real, no character will ever top Data

Last good captain.

I prefer Miles, he's the most human bean in the show, even when he isn't.

Weyoun came close. EMH, Bones, Q, and Quark were all very, very good.

While Sisko is my favorite captain, Picard was the better character. Also Riker has many a great moment, like when he tells the Prit and Kes to stuff it and give him back his officers.

He was too busy banging Dukat's daughter to care about what people thought his sexuality was.

>janeway wasn't poorly written

Kate Mulgrew would probably disagree. She's been rather outspoken about how much the higher-ups micromanaged her character (because no one knows how to portray a female captain like half a dozen men). Her frequent changes of hairstyle, for instance, were the result of endless disagreements about how she should look, both on the part of the show's production team and UPN itself. Her frequent shifts in personality were, doubtless, part of the same meddling.

More like JarJar is the Neelix of Star Wars. He was around first, after all.

>Neelix was actually really great. He was captain of his own ship.

The idea behind Neelix could have been interesting. He was supposed to be their guide to the Delta Quadrant, after all, and he could have been kind of a roguish sort. But instead he was just a dweeb and they found it easier to just put him down in the mess hall rather than on the bridge. Maybe if they'd ditched Paris (who was *also* supposed to be a lovable rogue) and kept the Betazoid navigator they could have had an interesting dynamic.

Also, kind of unrelated, but Harry Kim should have been in Science blue. Voyager had a real dearth of Science Division characters in the main cast, and he might have felt more useful if he was (Acting) Head of Science than...whatever it was he was.

starfleet had to fill a diversity quota

Kate Mulgrew also made Jeris life a living hell for four years just because she's a diva

her opinion is discarded

Neelix was actually the Wesley Crusher of Voyageur. He was deeply hated by star trek fans in the 1990s

The 90s also thought that Y2K was going to be a serious threat, fuck the opinions of the 90s

I'de say hes more like the jar jar binks, but same difference i guess

I liked the deleted scenes

>Spend entire series establishing relationship of Seven and the Doctor
>Suddenly she and Chakotay are together

Not only is Neelix the best character, but once Kes ditches him he has the best relationships of any Trek.

>spend entire series establishing the Doctor as a creepy mentor attempting to take advantage of his ward
>make sure she lets him know on multiple occasions that she has no interest in him
>spend a few episodes letting her get to know Chakotay
>she explains that he has "many admirable qualities" and he's handsome
>he's kind and patient and demonstrates the parts of humanity she feels most distant from
Yeah, came from out of nowhere.
Does subtlety mean anything to you, or do you need everything you watch to have every detail spelled out for you?

Seven applies pure logic to everything

the purpose for mating is procreation

the doctor cannot mate, meanwhile achoochimoya due to his position is the most alpha male available

It might have been the shittiest chemistry but it makes perfect sense

Neelix going bonkers during a coke binge

He was never the same after she left. A true broken man.

Legate Broca believes in this thread as
much as he believed in the Dominion.

He had five kids to feed, can you blame him?

I hate how they gave him a Spock rip-off death.

She had to literally abandon her kids for the role while Jeri got in because tits and probably commanded a similar salary.

>muh kids

>Betazoid navigator
Sudor, the killer?
or is this a character from the pilot?

kim was opps officer, I had to look it up, and yes science was a better idea. until 7 of 9 they had other characters fill that role.

That just proves my point, she never had an opportunity to be a parent for her children and now they are probably still-drooling adult children ready to frequent a certain Mongolian child-grooming internet site.

No, your point is still-born because it shows that if what you say is true, she chose a career in Hollywood over the well being of her children.

>still-drooling adult children ready to frequent a certain Mongolian child-grooming internet site.
Welcome to your reflection.

He did something very wrong: he didn't kill all the Bajorans. He was too nice toward genetical and cultural trash.

the show was slipping

>they could have cancelled the show
>they could have fired and replaced HER

instead they left her in her job and brought on a new actress to bring the ratings back up

she should have been thankful

Meanwhile in the real world, what actually happened was that Captain Menopause felt threatened by a younger more attractive woman, and still can't fucking let go of it

>Implying you wouldn't abandon your kids to be the captain of a starship

>double(you)ing

>>they could have fired and replaced HER
>tfw we never got 4 seasons of comfy voyager with captain acoochimoya

>because no one knows how to portray a female captain like half a dozen men
Tits or GTFO

Acoochimoya, where is my character development.

youtube.com/watch?v=eyF-ik2Cteg

Fuck fucking character fucking development you fuck.

They should have made Chakotay a rough and rude anti-hero. They should have had him try take over the ship for real and constantly question how Starfleet and the Federation do things.

Eddington was only in a few episodes of DS9 but he's much more memorable "Maquis" than Chakotay who was supposedly a main character in a show for 7 seasons.

It's that girl from Save the Last Dance. I guess that even at a young age shes always been type cast as the white girl who has a fascination for urban culture.

that is not Janeway

Quark is my guy. I also want a physical copy of the Rules of Acquisition.

DAS RACISS!

you can buy a replica. its also on paperback

In English?

uh, yeah. I think that ones just a replica prop. look on amazon. probably doesn't include all the rules they pull out of their asses all the time though

he had such a stupid hateable face.

i really like damar and his actor, also dukat and the actor are fucking great (before he turns into bajoran).
the grin of dukat

bah, they obviously would have found a plotline to bring in a new captain from outside

I vote for Janeway dies during equinox and Ransom takes over