Keith Stanfield ... L

>Keith Stanfield ... L

Why?

Are they trying to show how progressive they are?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xIIjGKi2YgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it will be animekino

Japanese prodigy 17 year old detective genius played by generic ass nigger.

Nice job, SJWs, you've fucked your own plans by pitting the races against one another. Cred Forums is gonna have a fucking field day.

Almost seems deliberate. Like anyone who knows about this series knows there's that vocal subsection of fans who think Light is the hero and L is the villain. Now those people get to be racist.

Genius detective right here lads.

I'll give him one chance, but he'd better look like a hunched-over autistic NEET next time I see him.

No, he's an actor who's going to play a genius detective, learn the difference.

He already plays a "quirky autist" in the TV show "Atlanta", so it's not like he's cast "opposite type".

>not based in Japan
Why

Why is there a vagina and ovaries in the logo?

That looks so shit jesus

To be fair, L was a fucking neet scum bag who never left the house

Literally a Japanese nigger

>Candid photos without context
What you expect m8

never leave the house =/= not work
He literally solved dozens of cases no one else could before going through puberty

Still looks like a Japanese nigger.

New L could have the same background family

sure guy!

This is going to be a disaster.

WE

Why is it ok for a white guy to play a chink, but not ok for a black guy to play a white guy?

Literally judging a book by its cover user

>I will catch this killer and subject him to Sharia Law, inshallah
What did he mean by this?

You guys realise L loses and dies, right? He gets outplayed by the white man

Isn't that accurate as fuck?

>raised in Britain
>still Japanese

It's like in Monster how the protagonist is the one Japanese brain surgeon in Germany.

Japs are far worse than Merkins about making themselves central to any story.

Just refer to the visually appealing on screen rankings.

White > Japanese >> Mulatto > Other Asian = Brown >>>> Black

what do you mean guy?

>inb4 he was L. Taylor

the palest character ever seen
is now a black

i think they are trying to make up for the fact that light is white

that's just your opinion,

Americans have been BLACKED already, there a relevant black character in every Hollywood movie now. Nothing you can do about it.

No they're just pandering, they know that nobody black will watch it so they have to give them an incentive

They should go full racewar with it.

Kira executes criminals and since there's so many blacks in jail he's effectively engaged in black genocide. Nigger L shows up to avenge his chocolate brothers and sisters.

Why not make Light black? and instead focus on him killing random white dudes with the death note?

>Japanese second best
>even being that close to white
lmao the yellow fever really exists

>Why?

because niggers love anime, the director knows his target audience.

That would be great.

we wuz anime n shiet

>Japanese prodigy 17 year old detective genius played by generic ass nigger.
L was 25, he just looked young

Calling it. This nigger is Lind L. Taylor.

Don't you ever avatarfag with Poppy again. She's dealing with too much shit right now.

>L cucks light by filling Misa's tight white pussy with his BBC
Now I'm interested.

by doing so they just assured themselves a massive loss of money. They'll keep repeating this mistake until they say fuck it lets do something different, cast non africans and watch the money increase.

Just let them walk blindfolded on to hot coals for now until they learn that it sucks to walk barefooted onto hot coals.

It's being distributed by Netflix. They already got paid.

>government just subsidizes diverse movies and everyone sees their taxes rise repeatedly

It would be worth the watch to see him doing all the werid quirky shit that L does

sadly they're not doing that though

Official word is theyre basing this interpretation of L on MadThad so this casting makes sense

I bet Kiras magnum opus will be killing a politician that wants to "make X great again!"

>Oh no, Kira just killed Ronald Dump
>Huh, guess he's not all bad
>Everyone laughs and looks at the camera

They'll use that as the turning point when Kira starts gaining lots of fans and making those websites with kill requests

They must be mad as fuck at the creators of Mr. Robot, because they basically did L already. They would also have a better Light in that show too.

maybe they'll fix him with bleach ?

I've literally never watched but 2 minutes of the show, so I'm wondering if I should keep it that way and be satisfied with Wingard's version or watch the anime (which, I already know L dies so fuck it mang) and be disappointed.

On the one hand I want to know how mad I should be. On the other, I really loved The Guest...

>Kira executes criminals and since there's so many blacks in jail he's effectively engaged in black genocide.

they will be white rapist bronies though, presented by Chris Hansen, you can bet on it

But Light is literally the hero. During his time as Kira crime had been virtually eradicated and the world at large was happy that Kira existed. L just had a massive hate-boner for Light (and even admits it).

Just watch the show and you'll be 100% sure that the movie's gonna be utter shit. I mean just look at this fucking guy.

L is a bigger dick than Kira. Kira at least tries to do the right thing. L just thinks it's a game.

>Cred Forums gets buttflustered about L being black
>they just wanted a black guy to play a death row criminal

>got a selection of good things on sale

>black guy concealing his face under a hoodie
>going out in public in america
I guess L isn't a genius in this version

>why isnt every character played by a white male waaaa

its an adaptation in america u turds, even though i know youre just false flagging as Cred Forums

To be honest, those skinny ass legs give me a little hope. But pretty much everything else about this image is unsalvageable bullshit.

>inb4 L in this movie turns out not to be the real L but a decoy

>explaining the plot of death note to my 10 year old cousin
>"but if he only kills bad people, why are they trying to stop him?"

I love that kid.

Why do you think it's progressive?

>When asked about L's ethnicity, Ohba responded saying "I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian, like that"
Why so many quarters? God damn, Ohba, just pick one. Now I kind of sympathise with these guys just going "fuck it, he's black, how do you like that?"

More importantly will this be the push to make anime and manga a normalfag hobby like with what happened to Iron Man, the MCU and comics in 07/08?

As an Cred Forumsnon this worries me a lot.

Kira is an arrogant prick, the only reason his methods works is because the writers are idiots.

the problem was he didnt just kill bad people
as people got on his track he killed more and more just cover his ass, no matter who
and by the end he obviously was insane with power

>thinking it's good that you have the same mental capacity for nuance as a 10 year old

it's an American adaptation the color the characters skin literally doesn't even matter

Wingard is our guy, I have faith in him

Why not make him Asian? Diverse and nod to the weeab material

Hollywood fucking sucks

>he thinks anime and manga aren't a normalfag hobby
Spoiler: literally everyone has read Death Note already

>take a piece of fiction that has clearly-established characters of clearly-established races
>change the white or asian characters to black because "muh diversity"
>if fans voice ANY discontent, call them "racist"

When is this shit going to die? Why do they keep doing this?

It's not even set in Japan anymore.

can't wait to see weebs get pissed about this. I won't take any review for this seriously where the reviewer compares it to the manga/anime

>rehash an anime
>the anime is set in Japan
>set it outside of Japan and replace all the Asian parts with whites and blacks

Fuck Hollywood. We're about to see the rise of animeshit and it needs to be snuffed out asap

>Lights name is still Light
it was stupid in the manga and it's fucking retarded now. Light is not a name.

At least their Misa's hot as fuck and doesn't have a retarded name. And I'm excited for Dafoe Ryuk.

Kira did literally nothing wrong.

>Shane Black was going to direct this
>but isn't
My heart...

Why the fuck would an American movie be set in Japan? They tried that with The Grudge and it was fucking retarded.

Don't worry, SoL is safe. The normies will never, ever try to adapt that.

Oh god, it's just a fucking Netflix movie.

That's a really phallic candle

for her

OK, I'm from Cred Forums myself... But why do adult people unironically prefer this disgusting emo hair faggot bi boy on the right over the nigger?

Are you guys completely fucking degenerate? Go fap to traps and kill yourselves.

Apart from that, of course I'm not fond of the blackwashing myself.

If you're trying to stop someone that only kills bad guys then that makes you a bad guy too.

This is the same guy who made the shity blaire witch movie

>L revealing himself in public
Have these idiots even read Death Note?

>L
>mallninja

SCREEEEEEEE

not all criminals deserve the death penalty

>it seems the fans of the show really liked the two main characters senpai
>how do you want to adapt them?
when is hollywood going to fucking die?

>it's an American adaptation the color the characters skin literally doesn't even matter

everything in America is currently about race, if you think this won't have some dumbass social commentary in it you're naive as fuck.

lets just hope light doesn't start killing to many black people

>director already confirmed it will have swearing nudity and violence

Cred Forums are you ashamed of american movies yet?

>L goes out in public
>to address a crowd of onlookers and press
>waving his hands around like the charismatic motherfucker he was in the manga

Not only is this not in his character, it's not even close to how it happened in the books.

This is going to be worse than Ghostbusters.

>black man in America goes out dressed like that
>not immediately shot
Immersion ruined

They had to go in a different direction, considering this guy is pretty much exactly what a direct adaptation of L would have been.

Almost. They'd need to change his look a little. Add more eyeshadow and longer hair, but he'd fit the part much better than the apeman that's being cast now.

he's white so the SJW would flip shit over white washing an asian character

I'm calling it right now.

>Light will almost exclusively kill black people of importance to society his white slaver mind has deemed unworthy.
>There will be at least one news-shot, showing a black mother crying over her dead son who dindu nutin while Light remains unsympathetic.
>Near the end of the movie Light will have some sort of break down over having killed innocent people through the biased falsehood of the news and he'll weep into a picture of the dindu and beg forgiveness.

There's literally nothing wrong with the death penalty. Rapists and murderers deserve death.
>fedora
You know it's true

>youtube.com/watch?v=xIIjGKi2YgM

Cred Forums on suicide watch.

Maybe that's from the start where he uses a prisoner as a decoy on tv? That could be why his face was covered like that

isn't he egyptian?

Then he's part black.

It is most likely that scene, yes. It's an iconic scene because it's the first time L shows Kira how clever he is, and arguably claims his first victory.

The problem is that in this scene L didn't go on camera. He was far too clever for that and instead sent Lind L. Taylor out on stage in hopes of baiting out a clue to the way Kira kills.

the thing is he was just killing people the news reported as criminals, if he only killed people who were in the act of committing crime or he had hard evidence you could argue that point but there's no way he wasn't also killing innocent people who were falsely accused or jailed

plus he was killing people all over the world, how would he get accurate information from china about their criminals?

it doesn't matter what he is, it matters what he looks like

and he looks white

>egyptian
>white

>guy talks about anime
>he's black
why am i not surprised

Does anybody have that photo where some black dude rips him apart for being cast in gods of Egypt
>casting another white guy....
Something like that

How did he get cast in the Bleach live action series?! Maybe his L is really good

Isnt there a few pages where L uses prisoners to try to call out Kira? To test his powers? Is this all a ploy to keep us talking before the series airs?

There is. See

This. He was the one keeping this project alive.

If this is half as good as The Guest it's already better than the anime

lol what? they're both jap
>merrr the features
Doesn't matter they're bother japanese born from japan

It's so after Light kills him they can do a BLM moment

L was literally born in GB, there is even a fucking flashback of it

It's set in America so the characters are played by Americans

what's the problem? Or did you think America was a white country? Well you shouldn't have taken fucking slaves then

Omfg this

Be wouldnt be able to spell their names

That requires a level of wit and self-awareness that's lost on people in the movie industry these days.

>born in GB
>not black

You're right, L should be kebab.

>pale, white, awkward, bad posture, sickly looking, shy, introvert with long straight hair that covers his face
I guess a muscly black guy full of tattoos is the perfect fucking choice huh?
also the kira is an awful fucking choice too considering he is supposed to be a good looking guy in his late teens
this movie deserves to die as hard as the ghostbusters travesty

Personally I find the cast of Light waaay more offensive than that of L.

Light is suppose to be this ultra-charismatic-super-model-Einstein-genius guy.

And instead they got numale cuck to play him? Holy fuck I'm mad.

>literally old /fa/ meme
>the guest had ideas posted by classic /k/ and Cred Forums
>you're next had ideas from /x/ movie threads

>mr robot
>the fat hacker was literally a Cred Forums meme
>the music is old Cred Forumscore
>the framing is an old Cred Forums meme from the patrician threads

why is this allowed?

I'm willing to fucking bet his motivation is that he hates people because some trump supporter chad made fun of him

Isn't that "cultural appropriation" or whatever the fuck they were screaming about last time? When they got Scarlett Johansson to play the Major SJWs went nuts screaming racism but when it's a black guy playing a Japanese character that's fine?

Who's willing to bet he doesn't kill women out of ethical reasons?

Isn't this being done by the Blair witch dude?

I mean it's possible this could be a marketing ploy or something. A clever way to generate attention to it. And Netflix is producing the movie which they rarely put out garbage (Cept for Sandler's films).

God I hope they are hiding something here because how hard do you fuck Death Note up? I mean William Dafoe is a good pick but what the fuck

>vocal subsection of fans who think Light is the hero and L is the villain

It kinda' has me worried because what Neflix was praised for was producing high quality stuff outside Hollywood.

Hollywood pulls PR stunts like this all the time, with meme-actors and meme-directors as to bait discussion. Often without delivering anything meaningful to the viewer at all.

This is the first time I feel Netflix is trying the same strategy.

Not only is this dumb as shit and makes no sense with the plot or L's character, but it also destroys the awesome scene where he reveals himself to Light in the middle of class.

Not gonna lie, I thought the same thing at first glance.

fedora

Who exactly would you guys cast as L?

Yeah we will see I guess.

But shit man this is like casting the sun to play as the moon. I never understand why it's hard to fuck up adaptions when its layed out for you.

And the success of Deadpool should show that it's okay to be faithful and take a risk. Let alone they got paid so why does it matter if the movie flo- Oh...

This is actually a great choice

He's nothing like L. How can people think this? Elliot is a fucking psychological mess. L is calm and confident, with the ability to change his personality on a dime. Next you'll be saying Jessie Eisenberg from Social Network is like L.

That's the problem though. They consider THIS to be taking the risk. Casting a black guy as L is what they see as the risk.

Throwing an all white/asian cast in there would be the "safe" route, and when you look at it like that it turns more and more into the publicity stunt we discussed earlier.

However, 99% of the time, when a chance is taken with something like this, it's very easy to read what reaction it's going to have early based on fans of the source material. But Netflix, like Hollywood, clearly doesn't care about the fans of the material, and instead falls back on specific focus groups.

This is just me guessing to the reasoning behind the problem though.

I think he ment just in terms of appearance.

Oh an Elliot is what normies think depression looks like. Depressed anti-social hackers rarely take drugs and fuck models.

I mean that sounds like something they would do. Although why is there no outrage from Asians or George Tekai for them throwing away another role an asain could play?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I'm not very deep in the production of anime, but I was under the impression that the Japs tended to defend their works pretty fiercely?

What kinda' surprises me is that NEITHER L or Light are asian. Honestly casting Light as white and L as asian could have totally worked.

The Japs made their own live-action adaption and they fucking nailed L. Pic related.

Who cares if he's black as long as it's good. Judging from the picture where he appears live in public and doesn't have his whole face covered leads me to believe it will be bad.

Yeah this casting seems pretty fucked too. If you can't take Light seriously as a threatening psychopath, the whole story will fall apart. I predict he will play Light all broody and completely wrong.

At least they got William Dafoe as Ryuk.

>live action Death Note
>cast white guy for Light
>"oh shit sjws/media are going to freak"
>cast nigger
>"crisis averted"

>"crisis averted"
>2.3 on IMDB

HEY YOUNG FELLOW Cred ForumsACK HEHEHE
GAS THE KIKES!

Well there was outrage for Doctor Strange which is what I was alluding to.

I see the Jap movies and liked them cept the 3rd one. There's actually a new one coming out in October saying Light is alive...

Real life isn't anime.

>they fucking nailed L
Yes, they make a real actor acting like a cartoon character. That's why no one takes anime adaptations seriously.

I dont think you know what Numale is. Stop using it for anyone who isnt you

L was of English french and Japanese heritage, Everything BUT black

Wait a minute guys, if he's actually L and reveals himself on TV wouldn't Light already have a huge advantage from the get go?

>French
>not black

lol

Yes.

>Yes, they make a real actor acting like a cartoon character. That's why no one takes anime adaptations seriously.

You are aware that there exist tons of anti-social weebs out there right? Who act and behave really strangely? I think L is just the one kid in school who pretends to be a clown, but no one finds funny until he has a breakdown.

This is the reason most people are upset about the picture. Not so much that it portrays L as black, but that it portrays L as an idiot.

i was skeptical but he's really good in atlanta and i can honestly see it

not to say the film will necessarily be good but the actor could probably do a decent L with the right directing

lmao

>Judging from the picture where he appears live in public and doesn't have his whole face covered leads me to believe it will be bad.

The picture where he looks not only retarded but completely out of character?

He's got no chin. Light is supposed to be handsome as fuck.

Black people are the most intelligent race
Very peaceful people too
Thanks hollywood

Anybody got any screenshots from the movie?

there are nips in the US, asians are way under represented in tv/movies. literally no reason to not to cast an asian except for nigger=diversity

Why are you faggots even discussing the movie?

>As a result, Wingard said they can stick to the adult material that Death Note is known for and incorporate as much violence or nudity as they want.

>"So, doing my first live-action anime thing, to me it was important that you have those adult themes," Wingard told Collider. "So, it’s got nudity, it’s got swearing, it’s got a ton of violence."

He probably hasn't even seen or read the fucking thing. A friend told him about this "dude cool anime lmao" and he watched couple of clips from youtube and that's it

What a fucking joke of a movie it will be

night in the museum

AYO MY NIGGA WE WUZ DETECTIVZ N SHIEEET

oh shit he's the druggie from Atlanta, I didn't even notice

>itt: muh anime

since when was Cred Forums infested by weebs

Death Note is made buy the guy did did The Guest which objectively kino

Who will play the superior Kira in his inevitable biopic?

Are normies about to take anime and manga like they took comics?

wrapped filming like a week ago so no nothing for a while

>like they took comics
And video games.

One medium at a time, SJWs already exhausted the comic industry to the fullest extent, now I see they've moved onto video games, anime and manga could be next due to the Japanese Olympics coming up but Japan seems to based to ever let anything like that fly in their businesses.

>let the west take their source material and cast a black retard as L who goes out and speaks in public
>"to based to ever let anything like that fly"

Except that's literally what they're doing.

they got their money

basically this means there is no way for it to end like in the anime. light can win easily right from the start, doesn't need to do incriminating shit and near/mello won't be able to do shit to him

And this translates as "based" to you?

WHAT ARE YA BOYIN

But L does reveal himself on TV in the 2nd chapter.

Or so Kira thinks.

This is almost certainly Lind L Taylor.

>BY THE END

becuase your target audience is retarded

Except that it isn't. If it was Lind, he would be showing his face, as Kira needs a face to kill, and L is willing to sacrifice Lind for that confirmation.

Like I said, I liked The Guest. One of my favorites, and one of the best things to come out of the neo-80's trend.

dafoe is gonna be the only good part of the movie, are they doing a trilogy or something? or are they gonna butcher the story?

Dude even random chicks at my work watch anime. Sometimes pretty ones too.

also
>using a black guy so he has an idea of the ethnicity of L instead of something else

you're talking as if this is a japanese movie, when it's not.

*tips fedora*

>read

anime isnt normalfag, go out and ask people on the street if they watch anime, 1 in 10 will say yes

and 90% of people who know death note watched it, not read it, there's way more anime fans than manga fans

>ethnicity

Not only that, if this was L and Kira is a clever as he is he could use the video to determine L's height, his location based on the time of day in the video, his body type, his eye color etc etc. Sure it could all be staged if L was clever enough, but even then Kira would probably have suspected a double-play.

The point is that there is a very good reason why the manga specifically states that L has NEVER been seen at all, to the point where the police suspect L might be multiple people.

lol dude jojo is gay as fuck

you're gay

>"When asked about L's ethnicity, creator of the series Tsugumi Ohba responded, "I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian, like that."

So he's basically a white guy. If only they had gotten an Asian to play him or maybe half-Asian. That would be perfect. The Japanese character played by a white guy, and the white guy played by an Asian

AYO YU BE WHITEWASHIN THIS JOINT?

L is suppose to be a quarter Japanese English French and Russian according to the creator. No where in there does it say nigger.

I'd be okay if they made Kira black. That'd be badass.

No because Kira has to be smart

Motherfuckers casted the wrong black guy as L.

>Sure it could all be staged if L was clever enough, but even then Kira would probably have suspected a double-play.
Like he suspected in the anime? Oh, wait, he didn't. Come the fuck on, you guys are just making shit up to get angry already.

Just get Mr. Robot to play L

goog casting