"I would be happy if I were the last cisgender male to play a transgender female"

>"I would be happy if I were the last cisgender male to play a transgender female"

What he talkin bout

Other urls found in this thread:

m.mic.com/articles/153149/actress-jen-richards-just-nailed-the-problem-with-casting-cisgender-actors-in-trans-roles
google.com/amp/amp.www.complex.com/pop-culture/2016/01/arrested-development-transgender-plot-axed-after-transparent?client=ms-android-verizon
youtu.be/oChDQTTfIL0?t=14m15s
researchgate.net/publication/273362689_Transgender_Affirmative_Cognitive_Behavioral_Therapy_Clinical_Considerations_and_Applications
nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/02/fight-over-trans-kids-got-a-researcher-fired.html?
chemguide.co.uk/basicorg/isomerism/geometric.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>cisgender

I always thought this was entirely a piece of tumblr-craziness. Do people in real life actually say this shit?

Hey now...
what the fuck are you talking about?

I'm sure Jeffrey Tambor never said anything like that.
...please tell me you're memeing

>There's always money in the banana stand!

What he talkin bout?

Said it last night.

he's taken the rainbow pill (tumblr)

Xe makes my banana stand, if you know what I mean

If your show's entire audience is composed of tumblrites who love trannies then you goddamn better pander to them.

He means that he hopes in the future transgender roles will be played by transgender people. Akin to how we do have white actors play black characters in blackface anymore for example.

I thought it was all a joke, Tambor always seems like he's being ironic.

nope

To be fair it's not a 100% made up term.

Think about it in terms of traveling. Transatlantic means you're crossing over the atlantic, right? Well cisatlantic is literally just coming back.

It'd work better if Cis meant "not leaving at all" but beggars can't be choosers.

No touching yourself

It shouldn't even be said. The term is irrelevant.

More like Jeffrey Tamblr

Why do people have such a problem with this word? Trans and Cis are antonyms in Latin so from the VERY point that you use the term "Transgender" you are already implying the use of "Cisgender" as a counterpoint.

I don't even give a shit about trannies but this willful ignorance about language annoys me

It's not the word you autist, it's the ideology.

I'm all for the rights of these people but it strangely feels like this is becoming an oversaturated topic in hollywood, I mean isn't the number of transgender people less than 1% across the entire world?

Is this another one of those things where Hollywood is just patting themselves on the back, another way to be self-congratulatory from their ivory towers?

Please god, please I pray to god that no Transgender person ever has to see a cisgender male play one of them in a movie ever again.

Plus why the fuck does identity matter? Acting is all about picking up identities. A white transgender woman was still a cis male at some point in their life, so what the fuck is the difference apart from the fact that Tambor doesn't identify as a woman when he stops acting?

Should we start making sure actors taking on roles playing depressed people are actually depressed?

Cause cis sounds like sissy and i aint no damn fag.

ever since je blew the assfluete in american pie he was never the same

Yes, its a ploy and a sham to distract everyone from the real problem, the huge fucking elephant in the room, which is class.

Yeah you're right. Let's just bring back blackface too.

I remember when he came onto Opie and Anthony and started lecturing Jim Norton (aka the Tranny Fuckin Kiiiiiid) about trans issues.

Learns the role for a few months and thinks he knows more about them than a comedian who has been discussing and banging shemales for the best part of his career.

Self righteous fucking cuck. Wish these virtue signalling retards got sent to the camps.

but thats bullshit user, trans means something crossed, cis means something "on the same side" it's fucking latin you pleb
A "cis-atlantic flight" would be any flight that doesn't cross the atlantic.

0.1% at best

This. Identity politics is trash. Fight the real enemy.

What the fuck happened to him? He has a tranny daughter or something?

well when you put it like that it almost sounds reasonable.

what the fuck are you doing posting on Cred Forums?

Yeah, the white man.

I'd like to see an episode where George Sr takes up a political stance on this

SO PROGRESSIVE

If China will nuke hollywood I'm ok with WW3

If you give transwomen roles to men, and they stand on stage and accept the awards in their suits and beards, then it will reaffirm the idea that transwomen are really men, which results in more violence towards transwomen sex workers, since men will take out their anger at their perceived faggotry on them, despite there being nothing gay about straight males being attracted to transwomen.

Giving trans roles to cismen will literally cause transwomen to die

>Yeah you're right. Let's just bring back blackface too.
Blackface was in poor taste, though. What Tambor does is in no way poor taste.

Blackface is absolutely wrong.

Dude, people who say "cisgender" are taking over the word, where have you been?

Apparently, if you refer to someone using the wrong pronouns is certain places, you may be fined since actual laws are in place.

I think that's wrong.

So someone wants to call themselves female. Fine.

They want to dress and act and live as a female. Fine.

They want me to treat then as such. Fine, I treat everyone the same.

They want me to think of them as such to the point I must use the words they choose. Not fine.

You are entitled to your way of life without my interference, why am I not entitled to the same? Call yourself whatever you want, don't force me to agree, my compliance is not intrinsic to your idea of yourself, I am not going to think of you as a woman.

It's less than 1% of 1%

What

>they still haven't figured out that this whole trans thing is literally just a fetish

Don't get this desu

A MtF trans-person would want to be considered Female, right? (They want society to learn their pronouns etc.)

But if they play the role of a transgender female, all it will do is highlight the fact they were once a man? Defeating the point.

So does he want someone who is pre-transition to play his role (and we see their MtF transition acted out), thus turning everything into some horrible reality TV show?

Trans people should make good actors, they have been acting their whole life

Not convincingly.

Practice doesn't make perfect.

>my compliance is not intrinsic to your idea of yourself,

For trannies it literally is though, hence why they have to change themselves to fit external ideals of what a woman is

This can be taken in both a negative and positive light, which one did you mean

>They've been forced to act as the gender they do not identify as their whole life up until transition

>They "act" as the opposite gender

As dumb as I feel by saying this, I'm in the same boat. A MtF would surely want to play roles intended for women?

m.mic.com/articles/153149/actress-jen-richards-just-nailed-the-problem-with-casting-cisgender-actors-in-trans-roles

That makes zero sense

Pretty logical mate, seems like you're letting emotion cloud your judgement

I thought this as well.

Rudy Giuliani sure has come a long way, hasn't he?

underrated as fuck desu

No.

Either you want to live like a woman regardless of what you were born as or anything else, or you want to fool people into thinking you are one all along.

I will not recognize anyone as trans and as a woman simultaneously. It's either or. And whether I agree or not should not affect the person's self image, it should not stop the person from thinking it is a woman, being born with a dick didn't stop the person.

If they want to also conform to society's notions of what a woman should look like, that is also not my problem. I do not require their cooperation to be who I am. They don't require mine.

>What he talkin bout

Basically, on the rare instance that Hollywood actually wants to tell a story about/featuring a transgender character, there's a greater than 90% chance the actor or actress portraying them will be cisgender. Since transgender actors are rarely considered for roles not specifically intended as transgender, this has the effect of basically barring them from even the few roles that seem like they have a shot at. And it's not like there aren't any aspiring actors who are trans. Casting directors and producers might not know them off the top of their heads, but a bit of looking will turn them up. In fact, that's true of most underrepresented people.

Now, admittedly, for a story about a character's transition (say, The Danish Girl with Eddie Redmayne or About Ray with Elle Fanning) it may well be logistically easier to start with a cisgender actor and put them through a cosmetic transition, but not all stories featuring transgender characters are about, nor should be about, them in transition. A few years back, Chloe Svegniy starred in a short-lived cable show, Hit or Miss, where she played a transgender assassin who had transitioned years before. Like Laverne Cox as Sophia in OItNB or Jamie Clayton as Nomi in Sense8, that role really should have been a breakout vehicle for a transgender actress, instead it went to a cisgender woman, and perhaps unsurprisingly, the show lasted only one season.

I'm not saying what they're doing it correct or anything but it's a fact that their entire being revolves around changing peoples' perception of who they are

we should fight transgender culture not promote it!

Very few actors are talented.

Very few actors are trans.
Within that group, very few are talented again.

So yeah, I'll take talented people acting as if they are what they are not since that is what acting entails.

That's fucked.

Like the disorder is not that the feel they are women being born as men, but that people don't think of then as women having been born as men.

That is profoundly more fucked up. That's a person's mental disorder stating it's treatment as a change in everyone else's opinion of that person.

>if only others would see Timmy as Batman too, he could live a happy life.

Reminds me of when George Takei was being called "problematic" for saying his Sulu wasn't gay.

Fuck that shit. I don't want trans to only play trans. They could play women (if they were born male) or men (if born women.) In 2016, people all look effeminate as fuck anyway, no one would notice it.

>Batman
>happy
>ever

You fucked up.

Don't you see?!

He isn't really Batman!

Not to mention that gender roles are getting vaguer for each day that passes.

I wonder how all this transgender shit will play out in ~50 years when gender roles will barely be a thing in western society anymore.

We shoul see him as Batman and make his true self come out... by killing his parents.

HIS/HER PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!

This is what happens without strife.

There is no real struggle, so these overfed countries are fixating on artificial issues.

A lot of LGBTQ (I'm talking the hardcore retards SJW) are about creating segregation. We finally got rid of a lot of it that was bullshit, and they want to create new ways of keeping people appart.

Made me legit angry that. New Hollywood only made Sulu gay because Takei was. The character was never written as gay until the got to represent every color/sexuality at the expense of the character background.

Zulu had a daughter who joined Starfleet and earned a posting on the Enterprise. It was neat to see the story take that generational aspect and it was even feminist in a way.
Alas.

>In 2014, Orange is the New Black star Laverne Cox became the first openly transgender actor to receive an Emmys nomination, and was introduced as such in while presenting an Emmy for directing on Sunday.

She gave a shout out to Tambor’s speech and echoed his call: “Give trans talent a shot ... I would not be here tonight if I was not given that chance,” she said.

>I would not be her tonight If I was not given a chance...

Are people really this retarded?

Why are normal humans now referred to as cisgender rather than normal? Is this an American psychosis?

Agreed.

How so?

It felt so out of place, they we making a tribute to Takei that he neither agreed with or wanted and then they got angry at HIM for them making his character the "token" gay.

But hey, muh progressive politics...

Damn this 100% anonymous edginess is so brave, I personally salute it.

You're going places with this kind of boldness, kid. Your parents are proud, the world's in for a surprise with this one, it's gonna quake, you're gonna leave an impact, kid.

Leftists considers the truth offensive and it has to be banned. You can't allow people to have a sense of common identity in the modern world.

Also checked.

Cisgender literally means normal
And no one really uses this term (only times I enountered it irl is this one and a wannabe tumblrina I know)

If gender is a social construct, why shouldn't actors be allowed to play characters that are different genders?

I always thought that a part of acting was taking on a different role to the one you live as.

One could argue blackface is way worse because it's way easier to find a black actor than a trans actor.
If you're going that road you might as well say only soldiers should be allowed to play soldiers.
Also, nothing fundamentally wrong with blackface when done tastefully.

>getting this assblasted over a white person fitting the role as a black person by painting his face black
It's called acting, friend.

so glad I did not watch the (((Emmy))) awards last night

Well cisgender is just a word, the ideology is what you're butthurt about, because they use them words, and that means, YOU'RE LITERALLY TRIGGERED BY THE WORD CISGENDER.

I agree with the guy, proper words to describe stuff doesn't make you dumber.

>this post

Pregressives can't stop, it's only a matter of time before transspecies otherkin mental patients are legitimised

>heterosexual
Do people seriously say this? It's called "normal", faggots!

So you don't call a judge, your honor? You don't call an officer, sir? You don't call your teachers by their last name?

You call people whatever they want to be called, if they're James, you don't call em Jim.

>They want me to treat then as such. Fine, I treat everyone the same.
That's just not truth though. We all treat women far more delicately, we pamper them more, we don't have a implicit threat of violence if they step out of line. Same as women getting sex easier. These freaks are just rapey psychos.

Imagine some little dude demanding to be treated as a 6'3 jacked millionaire by women and his pronoun is daddy - you don't want to participate in his sex play.

SJW's are against Bioessentialism now because anti-trans feminists use Male/Female dicotomy to exclude trannies. For them, gender is god, sexual biology is moot

This makes sense.

I wouldn't call a random hobo "your honour" if he told me he was a judge

That's actually a pretty good movie.

this meme is getting forced so hard it might actually become normal

>You don't call an officer, sir?

No, because I'm not literal cuckfag.

>normal
Do people seriously say this? It's called "a man", homos!

>tfw call myself heterosexual in front of my grandpa
>years later I realize he thought hetero meant bisexual, since he didn't know there was a word for being straight
>all those times he tried to talk me into hanging out with other guys that I might like
>those times he sent me on an errand to some guy my age's house
>my grandpa telling me to be myself and to not give a fuck what other people think of me

It all make sense now!

No man.

Everyday life I treat them the same. If I'm trying to fuck one she gets special attention, but aside from that no special consideration or treatment, why the fuck?

I call people what they are, faggot, not what they want me to think they are.

blackface is another race playing another

this case is a man playing a man who thinks he's a woman

Just ignore them and they'll go away! ;^)

Whatever you say, shitlord.

IYou are literally The Lord Of Shit. You may think you're an user, but I KNOW better.

I don't know about you but I find it funny

Just tell him what it means
That you like girls

Good damn I hate when people are confused

>his pronoun is daddy
kek

that's the thing, i dont see any difference between these people and unstable closeted teenage muscled freaks who demand you respect their ultimate male authority and is very territorial and paranoid about the tiny ways you disrespect his self-image

He's so used of thinking of me as bi that it doesn't register.

>it's an online network submits their premiere drama as a comedy in order to win awards in less competitive categories episode
hate these episodes desu. Orange is the new black also had a bunch.

I doubt it, men and women are different and even the most tumblr "gender roles are toxic" feminist will impose their feelings on men according to how successful of a male he is and will make demands on them according to their gendered expectations

people act differently near women, they talk to them differently etc. It's biology, we all care for them more.

go back to srs

>I know I'm doing something bad but I'm not going to stop :^)

this is like getting mad that the word "heterosexual" exists

I work service.

Most of my human interaction is there.

Let me assure you, everyone gets treated the same.

They look for it to be different, women in particular bat eyes, lean over, even popped a tit (I manage a hotel). I take pleasure at the equality I dispense and consider myself a true feminist.

why are they always MtF?

He sounds like a sweet grandpa, warmed my heart

idiots you never took organic chemistry
> trans or cis bonds

Because of male privilege

>Not to mention that gender roles are getting vaguer for each day that passes.
is it? women can wear a boy's pants and we'll fuck them, they're still women.

you can't wear a dress and expect to be treated as a man. Hell, you can't be a nerd and expect to be respected as a man

it's pretty transparent isn't it?

>very territorial and paranoid about the tiny ways you disrespect his self-image
DID YOU JUST MAKE EYE CONTACT LIKE I'M A BITCH!?

Yeah, very tumblr-esque but inverted

I mean yeah, no one wants to say it but all these trannies aren't oppressed, they're all upper middle to upper class white guys who get to make their fetish into a lifestyle that the entire world has to feed into.

It's gross

were you around at the time of Occupy? The entire conversation on class issues was brought down for the progressive stack shit, "what about rich black trannies' perspective" etc

Basically, a bunch of working men had to take their hats off and be quiet to their bosses' feminist daughters and their creepy tranny rich sons

He's just saying that he wants trannies to play trannies

is that really so upsetting

That's fucked up

And there you touched on the diagnosis known gender dysphoria.
The only known cure which is transitioning.

It's fucking stupid. We don't exclusively cast gay actors to play gay characters. We don't exclusively cast Americans to play American characters.

Moreover, if they're playing somebody who is just coming out as trans, it would be immersion breaking to cast somebody who already had hormone treatment. It just wouldn't work.

>trusting the DSM-V
lol

>CIS gender, its a term to marginalize normal people
-Norm McDonald

I'm still pretty sure its a bad dream.

Thanks in part to the trans lobby and big pharma :^)

Considering trannies shouldn't exist in the first place, yeah it is. It's like saying terrorist characters in movies should only be played by actors who are actually terrorists.

Cate Blanchett played an amazing Bob Dylan in "I'm Not There" - personally my favorite portrayal out of the bunch. I don't think it's progressive that a woman played a man; I don't think it's wrong either. She just proved to be an amazing actress who managed to capture the mannerisms of Dylan.

Should we start protesting that only musicians should play musicians on screen? No. Same with this shit. Film is an artificial reality. Play. Pretend. Have we really reached the point in society where the line between real and fiction is so blurred we demand the fiction we see to be more authentic or "real"?

Seconded. NK would do as well.

To me, unless the role focuses a good deal on the transwoman's life before surgury or alterations, it should be played by a transwoman. Of course transvestites are a whole other bag of chips. It is different from gays playing straights or vice versa. To me that is more fluid and alterable in acting than gander.

Also, it is hilarious to see you tards get your panties in a bunch over someone using the term cis the same way your hated liberals get theirs in a bunch when people use words like retarded and faggot inplaces like this. That's retarded and queer.

It is just being polite by not saying "normal" when talking about a minority who has gotten so much hate in the past. To me, I don't have to agree with them to be nice and I recognize their beliefs are just as protected by the Constitution as mine are.

He's so far up his own ass. Last year when he won he said his role was saving tranny lives. Fuck him

Nice to know you want to shred the Bill of Rights. These people are free to practice their beliefs in America. Unless you want the government to lock up everyone who believes they eat the body and blood of a 2000 year old carptenter.

You always whine about your religious freedoms, but turn around and want big government opressing the same freedoms of others just because it isn't the same as yours.

Why are liberals so sad and confused? They have constant never ending anxiety and torment. I almost feel bad for them

I just started making shit up to piss of my tumblrite ex on facebook.

>"of course you don't understand, you're a cisgendered white male."
>"First off, just because that's what I look and was born as, doesn't make it so. Second off, I am Protogenger, and prefer to identify as an m2 Browning machine gun. Though my main purpose was fire support, I have been used as a sniper rifle and on occasion lonely marines make passionate love to my barrels or ejection port so stop discriminating you regendering labelist procunt."

>But if they play the role of a transgender female, all it will do is highlight the fact they were once a man? Defeating the point.

That IS the point. Getting attention is the point. That's what this is all about for all parties involved.

>trans
>religious freedom
How are these related? Also, maybe I believe in being naked in public. Why the fuck am I locked away if I do that?

Why doesn't he just quit the show then?

Same with other white males who want more minorities in film/tv. Quit and bam, there's an open spot for a minority.

Oh but YOU'RE not part of the problem, it's the OTHERS. I see I see.

It's the new rules - from now only actual amputees will portray handicapped people, and only people from mental wards will portray the mentally ill.

>cisatlantic
sJsətˈlantJk/
adjective
on the same side of the Atlantic as the speaker.

Jamie Clayton is terrible in sense8

Cisgender LITERALLY means normal.

The term was used to denote male and female genders versus intersex and hermaphrodites in sociology before tumblr co-opted the term

>it's a neckbeards talk about things that have no impact on their actual lives episode

>americans

Gender is a social construct.

The makeup of your gender is denoted by biological traits such as your biological sex.

Just because it's a social construct, doesn't mean it's a made up thing that can be changed willy-nilly like tumblr likes to think, it just means it's the way we can measure and dissect the social counterpart (gender) to the definitions found in nature (sex).

It is defined as a society as a whole, and differs from society to society - for example hermaphrodites and transvesties are viewed differently in India to Thailand to America. Even 1 million people on the internet decided something means something does not mean society as a whole does, and it being a construct doesn't mean it is malleable and can be whatever they want it to be.

tldr; Social constructs used to actually mean something and tumblr has appropriated it to the point it's such a joke, alternative terms are being created in social sciences to distance themselves from it.

>can get fined, fired and arrested
>no impact

Normal men were watching the Vikings beat the Packers

Next level demigod tier numales were watching the Emmys

This entire show's critical premise is "has a tranny in it 10/10", so not surprised we're hearing shit like this.

>Next level demigod tier numales were watching the Emmys
>2 threads an hour on Cred Forums
Really makes me scratch my noggin.

>implying any have jobs where that is a possibility

Why do people keep saying trannies have a mental illness?

Even normies say this now

>nothing gay about straight males being attracted to transwomen

>Why do people have such a problem with this word?

Because it's retarded Newspeak.

We shouldn't need a word that mean "not a crazy body-mutilating freak". Just like we don't need and shouldn't need a word that means "not a pedophile".

>What he talkin bout

That he's Jewish.

>othing gay about straight males being attracted to transwomen

This. Personally I'd like to see Tilda Swinton play Bowie if they decide to make a biopic.

He means this. Cred Forums is full of reactionary emotionally stunted children. It's like you are all stuck in Arrested Development

But seriously what he said makes complete sense.

Actors should be able to play anything. In the future with CGI and make up and so on it won't matter who you are. Women will play men, black people will be played by asian people, humans can be dogs, it wont make a damn difference. Right now the technology isn't cheap enough,but also we seem to like people playing what they are. We don't like to see "black face" or the like, even though at times we don't notice or don't care.

Reminder that using that image is hypocritical because Don was a whiny bumboy in that episode and left his work in a cab on purpose

Are you sure?

google.com/amp/amp.www.complex.com/pop-culture/2016/01/arrested-development-transgender-plot-axed-after-transparent?client=ms-android-verizon

Can we holocaust the jews again yet? And add the liberals for good measure.

I laughed when Dikey Brewster shouted her garbage about "the patriarchy", but I was truly heartbroken having to hear him say "cis". Put me in a melancholy mood for the rest of the night. Anybody else have this reaction?

I identify as the atlantic ocean. what does that make me?

transhuman oceankin

a big body of water
for you

This would only make sense if actors with depression are the only ones who could play depressed people, ex-military actors could play military actors, etc

Why should trana characters be the only ones with that standard?

Freedom was a mistake.

Because it's 2016

>if only actors would stop pretending to be other people
huh, really makes you think

wait it wasn't a joke?

>if they're James, you don't call em Jim.

you do if they're wearing a nametag that says "Jim".

>everyone who believes they eat the body and blood of a 2000 year old carptenter
Now I know you're just dumb and uneducated.

I think you just argued his point for him

Because it's obvious what the prefix "trans" means. "Cis" looks and sounds made up and can't be explained using an example. "Trans" at least is used in other contexts.

I'm so tired of hearing 'cis' anything. Fuck anyone that says it.

I get mad when people use heterosexual because it's an abomination composed of greek and latin roots.

>dumbass didn't pay attention in chemistry
I pity you and your education system

The best part is they don't even follow their own logic.

Transgenders shouldn't play "transgender characters" they should play FEMALE characters because that's the whole point of their transition.

But once this becomes a legitimate thing, they're going to be completely boxed out of Best Female awards.

>why do people keep saying that people that think they're the opposite gender and pump chemicsls into their body and get their genitals mutilated have a mental illness?
Hmm, it's really a mystery

I hate that slogan so much. It's such an empty statement of how we should be progressive without actually arguing anything. "Women should have the right to vote. Come on, it's 1912!"

kek, his morality didn't keep him from taking the role though did it?

>Xe

We Aztecs now?

Because you're not supposed to feel like you were given the wrong body, if this happens to you, it is the result of something going wrong during your development. Why is this so hard to understand?

When you need to generalize and trivialize stuff like that you know your reasoning is shit

>Feel like the opposite gender
clearly a mental illness, but there's nothing to do about it

>Stay the way they are and stay depressed until they die
or
>Do what it takes to feel good about yourself

Transgendered people don't feel like they are born in the wrong body.
They get something called dysphoria, the opposite of euphoria, from their primary and secondary sex characteristics.

This dysphoria (of which there are many) is referred to as gender dysphoria, or gender identity disorder or gender incongruence manifests at all times and everywhere.
The smallest thing can give this distress.

SSRIs and SDIs do not cure it, cognitive behavior therapy does not cure it, electroshock does not cure it.
The only cure we know is for the individual to transition as early as passable.
Late transitioners might get extra dysphoric because they end up looking like hybrids between men and women and end up taking their lives. Many early tranisitioners before the technology became good enough ended up killing themselves.

It is only in recent years that hormones and SRS have been good enough to provide passing results.

I just think of him as Hank from The Larry Sanders Show and it all goes away. Tambor seems like a real pompous ass.

I can't wait till no one can play anything but themselves

youtu.be/oChDQTTfIL0?t=14m15s
> 14:15

> Cisgender is a way of marginalizing a normal person

Why doesnt Norm host these awards shows anymore?

>cognitive behavior therapy does not cure it,

Except by the time cognitive behavioral therapy came into use, "transitioning" had already become the de-facto treatment for "transsexuals"

Stop trying to invent this narrative that every possible alternative treatment had been tried before they started pushing transitioning as the "only real solution"

It has been tried and tested
researchgate.net/publication/273362689_Transgender_Affirmative_Cognitive_Behavioral_Therapy_Clinical_Considerations_and_Applications

Its not a psychiatric disorder but a neurological disorder.

except it leaves out the fact that your average tranny is crazy as shit and hollywood would rather not deal with that/ruin the narrative

He's being over dramatic of course, acting is acting, and we shouldn't put limits on who plays who or what gender plays what. Its just pretty ironic screaming TOPPLE THE PATRIARCHY when your show's lead actor is a straight white dude. There's probably a bunch of transgendered people who'd love to be acting, so I'm not sure why they went with Tambor, who seems to think of himself as a hero for being on a tv show. I think there should be more transgendered actors/actresses, it'd be fun to watch how audiences react.

But everything is just so agenda driven its not even funny....Its like that bitch was told to say "TRANS" as many times as possible in 30sec....

is gender dysphoria not literally classified in the DSM as a mental disorder? i dont get why 'mental illness' is necessarily taken as a pejorative

>Transgender individuals report pervasive discrimination, microaggressions, and victimization across the life span, contributing to disparate rates of suicide, anxiety, and depression.

Yeah, because we all know trannies are totally normal people and not histrionic walking neuroses

>The only cure we know is for the individual to transition as early as passable.
have you not read about all the kids who think theyre trans and regret the operation after the fact? most people dont really have a full grasp on their sexuality until well into adolescence

Don't worry about that user, valiant transsexual activists are working day and night to shut down any and all clinics that offer alternatives to pic related

nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/02/fight-over-trans-kids-got-a-researcher-fired.html?

>believing in religious freedom

which is why you give them hormone blockers so puberty can't do much harm until they are ready to decide when they are of age.

why are you son anti-science?

I would also be happy if he were the last normal male to play a tranny. I would love it if no trannies were ever portrayed in media again.

>microaggressions

So, anything that makes them feel a bit triggered...

...I.E, anything, at all, whenever, whatever they feel like at any given time...

I like this guy. I feel bad that he's so cucked.

>making up scenarios in your head to get angry for no reason

I think you are confusing tumblr users with transgendered individuals.
People with gender dysphoria, or transgender individuals do not get triggered by things. They experience distress from their primary and secondary sexual characteristics.
It would be like you getting suicidal every time you look at your wrists, or seeing people with wrists you thought you should have and getting major depressive cycles because of it.

Because a lot of people see the mental illness label as some kind of gotcha card where they're "right" and they can say the mentally ill should be locked up and denied treatment

This is called a mental illness, when was it okay to start feeding those?

This statement only suggests that the psychatrists or whomever were at fault in identifying a certainty in the child's transgender claim, and not the absolutely falsehood of trans-gender identification in infant.

Personally, I feel as though the rate at which this gender identity crisis is growing is far exceeding the rate of which medicine can 'solve' the issues

When the quarterly records came back proiftable

what the fuck is a microagression. Say if withdrew my hand quickly while handing you change, would/could that be intereted as a microagression? Would "one" then think i didn't wan't to touch you?

My point is when you use stupid buzzwords like microagression who actually knows what it fucking means? Anyone can say anything is a microagression.

i had genuinely never heard of the prefix "cis" until 2014. it's bullshit.

The mental illness comes from the experience, and is not the cause.

The cause is from their brains being different through exposer of testosterone in the womb. As you can read about here Personally I think people should be able to do with themselves as they wish.
I might not understand why they want to, but I like science and trust science more than my feelings.
I also don't want to control people into what they should do or not. As I am not a statist.

When did all this shit start? I feel like I must have graduated just before everyone became an SJW loser.

>getting this angry at a post on an anonymous mongolian throat-singing board

>what the fuck is a microagression
>proceeds to make up whatever he can easily dismiss as nonsense
You're very smart.

So tell me what a microagression is then. Define one. Without a definition I can only speculate.

The Atlantic Ocean has almost had as many dicks floating in it as your mother has.

www.google.com

kek

You probably learned what photosynthesis was at one point as well.
Good on you for continuing to learn things.

When did transgenderism start? Its been here since there have been humans, as the cause of it is too much exposer to hormones in the womb.
In recent years medical science has reached a point where people can transition with good results and live good lives.

What does that have to do with being a SJW? I'll think you find most transgenders are quite conservative.

we need WW3 (with no full nuclear exchange) now
>inb4 some smartass goes "lol edgy"

I find your pointing me to google a bit passive agressive.

This "their brains are different" myth is complete bullshit. If you scanned a transfemale's brain (biologically male) and a biological male's brain, you wouldn't be able to look at the trans person's and say "yeah they're a woman on the inside." The trans person's brain will still look more like a male's brain than a female's. There may be "areas of disagreement," but that's it. The same can be said about gay men compared to straight men.

(Note that none of the actual research support's the summary's claim of "Transpeople have brains that match their preferred gender.)

If one day we could scan somebody's brain and say "hey you're a woman on the inside," that'd be fucking swell. But that's not how gender identification works. It works by somebody choosing their gender completely ignoring the evidence, and everybody is obligated to believe them.

photosynthesis is a commonly known word. we learn about that shit as kids. i had never heard or seen the prefix "cis" used until after i turned 18.

>knows enough trannys to discern what average behavior is

Sounds like you're the expert here

kek'd at Franco. The resemblance is striking

Hyperbolic

I wish I could be like you and dismiss that many papers because "it just don't add up". I feel safer knowing Bill O'Reilly posts on Cred Forums.

>despite there being nothing gay about straight males being attracted to transwomen

So you didn't read anything then.
No, transgendered individuals both MtF and FtM fall in-between men and women brain structure wise.

Does anybody think he would really be happy about this?

Like if nobody ever directly asked him he felt about the issue but he got exactly what he wants, does anybody truly believe that's he sitting on a beach watching a sunset and thinking to himself "this moment couldn't be any more perfect. I'm glad I live in a world where trannys can become typecast as trannys in television and film. Only the reassignment surgery of my new daughter brings me more happiness than tranny actors."

lmao like you've actually read them anyway, faggot

Just fix the summary on the image so that it doesn't contradict the research. Say "certain brain regions in transpeople resemble the brain regions of their preferred gender moreso than their biological sex" and you'll be golden.

You never learned about fats and trans fats and unsaturated fats and the cis bond and trans bonds that separate them, in high school?

>the last cisgender male to play a transgender female"

Doesn't adding the qualifier "cisgender" completely undermine what he's saying by suggesting that he thinks transgender women are really just men?

literally none of the research supports that claim for the brain as a whole, only certain regions

The corpus calossum of gay men is more similar in size to the corpus colossum of women than it is to the corpus calossum of men. Doesn't mean that gay men have brains that fall between male and women.

>lmao like you've actually read them anyway, faggot
I actually read the image all the way down, and the topic is interesting enough for me that I'll probably end up researching more about it.

You didn't even look at the image, just the mere idea of transgenderism triggers you. I have no idea how moralfags manage to survive in the real world.

Not that user but in my entire highschool experience I never heard anything CIS in my life.

The only CIS was the Confederacy of Independent Systems in Star Wars. Literally. I went to a richly funded public school too.

Why did he take the role in the first place if he's so against cis people playing trans?

kek

>Packers don't go for the easy FG
>Rodgers throws the pick at the worst moment to the guy who was fucking up ALL game
>Nelson played like shit most of the night

I'm still mad

Can we just bomb LA and get it over with already please?

That's a good point, actually.

Usually people that get so upset over transgendered individuals are closeted trannies themselves. They hate that other people are daring to live a life they could only dream of.
If you are ever over on lgbt, you'll see tons of threads by people like that.

Guess you went to a bad high school then. No chemistry at all? Its pretty basic stuff, maybe you just forgot about it
chemguide.co.uk/basicorg/isomerism/geometric.html

trips confirm

>.uk
that explains it

Reminder that the """alt-right""" complains about trannies in between fucking them

tumblr craziness and real life has been intersecting for many years now

As a counterweight Cred Forums memes are going mainstream

>mfw I have lived long enough to see the ridiculous neologism "cisgender" enter the public realm

>my gender is made up of cis-bonds

Are you a real retard?

>thinks

>atheist rant
What did any of that have to do with the comment you replied to?

Ok Mac, we're sorry carmen didn't tell you when she got her dick cut off. So you're right, you aren't gay