Why did they make him so fucking stupid in the later seasons

Why did they make him so fucking stupid in the later seasons

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization
uk.news.yahoo.com/emmys-2016-creepy-matt-le-blanc-blasted-for-inappropriate-comment-about-emilia-clarke-094308426.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KAzZuf8UgRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cheap laughs
cheap jews

how youuuuu doin

Flanderization. They all went through it except Rachel.

this
flanderization is the mark of a bad writer

All shows experience some amount of flanderization, though.

then why does always sunny pull it off while others shows fail at it?

It's always Sunny doesn't pull it off, it's been declining

hotmeal

>Sunny is not nailing it with their flanderization

YOU DIDN'T THINK OF THE SMELL, YOU BITCH

That's a big pineapple

DINNER
NICE AND HOT

For you

ah yes, flanderization, of course
*surreptitiously opens google*

Season 1:
>What's a guy gotta do to get a hot dinner around here?
Season 10:
>I AM JOEY, DESTROYER OF MEALS, NAUGHT BUT THE HOTTEST OF DINNERS MAY CURTAIL MY WRATH, IF ONLY BRIEFLY

Why do TV writers do this shit?

That's not helping your case. They took an occasionally creepy character and turned him up to 11 all the time.

Same thing happened in friends.

>waiter, I would like to order a hot dinner
>that will be $12 sir
>oh

>people use the term flanderization when the best example of that phenomenon on the sipmsons is actually homer

>complain about joey's flanderization
>post one of the few scenario where joey it's actually being professional and in his element

>not Lisa

same thing happened to O'Neill on Stargate. at the beginning of the series he was a tough soldier who also happened to have a sense of humor and liked to drop a sarcastic quip here and there. by season 8 this had gotten completely out of control, Jack wasn't taking any situation serious anymore (so neither was the audience), they totally flanderized him into a borderline retarded meme spouting idiot.

Dennis is now a rapist
Mac is now gay
Dee is fully retarded
Charlie is still wild card

You mean Homerization right?

I mean, original Homer was "normal", today's Homer is a retarded person, like a mongoloid you know

This is called Homerization

Homer was always an idiot though, Flanders is really a better example

It's just a name, the meaning is what's important.

homer is a normal example of flanderization
flanders is one of the most extreme

There was a pretty slow and clear progression of the Dennis character, it's not like it came out of nowhere.

The real turning point was when he impersonated that LeFevre guy to 'get off' and almost fucks that asian kid.

when will tv trope terms be banned from Cred Forums?

How can we ever be a respected board about film?

The day after you are. You fucking trash hipster.

Because in IASIP it feels like the characters are slowly going insane and having their lives deteriorate rather than the writers getting lazy.

The last two seasons also aren't as good as 7-9 anyway, though.

>Charlie is still wild card

It's a good term. The process happens to pretty much every sitcom that runs longer than a 4-5 seasons.

that just happens after you've seen some shit, traveling the universe, everything becomes a fucking joke, welcome to cynicism

yeah it's also what happens when writers keep exaggerating the traits of their characters, thus turning them into caricatures of their former selves.

Did anyone ACTUALLY give a fuck about Rachel and Ross getting together again at the end?

Even at the time the finale aired it always felt like it was only such a big deal because of their status as THE 'will they or won't they' sitcom couple and a bunch of people who'd dropped the show returned for the last episode.

Nobody I've ever met who watched all of it or would describe themself as a big fan of it has ever really seemed to give a fuck about their relationship past season four.

It wasn't worse than the Joey and Rachel romance.

Every comedy has a character that gets stupider each season.

Someone had to fall into the Wild Card role.

I didn't really care. Rachel was a cunt who fucked up every one of Ross's relationships, but by that point in the series I just didn't care anymore.

Why the fuck did they write out the lesbians and Ben in the last five or so seasons?

Who ever mentioned IASIP, good call. Seriously the only example of "artistic flanderization" I can think of. Very well done and something me and several friends have separately noticed about the show over the years.

Because they were shitty characters that no one cared about.

The lesbians were funny though.

No one has ever thought that.

Said no one ever

I have for literally years.

Carol is a top 5 contender for best side-characters in the series.

Why did they make him so fucking stupid in the later seasons?

>we have to call it however i say
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization

Wasn't he always a deadbeat dumbass?

Nah, in the first two seasons he was just a douchebag.

someone post the image of Kramer becoming a caricature.

name one funny Carol moment

got you covered bro

I remember my sister was crying when she got off the plane [\spoiler] so yeah, 12 year old girls cared.

damn how new

Cred Forums never has been and never will be a respected board on film you dummy.

Love it or leave it

Oh man, it's been awhile

>that episode where Joey's trying to learn french
>He speaks utter gibberish and thinks "it sounds the same"

Is this where they finally jumped the shark?

>Flanderization

Another nonsense buzzword

>TV Tropes

I've always thought this was unironically funny
A stroke of accidental genius

I can't say it definitely didn't before, but if not then it certainly jumped the shark with that episode

He just got lazy with his acting because he no longer had to work hard for hot dinners

>mac before: funny character
>mac now: trite gay jokes

He's our guy.

uk.news.yahoo.com/emmys-2016-creepy-matt-le-blanc-blasted-for-inappropriate-comment-about-emilia-clarke-094308426.html

A man liking naked women what a CREEP like ugh I can't even

Didn't this exact situation happen on Graham Norton?

I never thought about it but I guess the red carpet interviews are also scripted.

youtube.com/watch?v=KAzZuf8UgRo

Imagine if she just started sucking him off right there

I don't think any character got it worse than Eric Matthews

Always Sunny is shit now

Always Sunny was always shit.

And cheap hot meals.

I don't get it.

naw

Serious question but is it just Jews chasing money that causes American comedy shows to have a ridiculous amount of seasons/episodes?

British shows are much less likely to do it. There was 9 seasons of Peep Show IIRC but only about six episodes per season, plus it manged to stay fairly consistent throughout.

>is it just Jews
Yes.

I said his exact thing to my wife , who is a huge fan. She can't explain it.

My biggest gripe is that Ross is written so poorly on top of it all the Ross and Rachel plot was written so poorly I can't believe anyone actually thought there was anything worth watching. It was truest abysmal. The only likeable characters are Fibi and joey

This isn't reddit, you're not going to get upvotes for your shitty self-deprecation jokes idiot.

Every show does it eventually. Even happened to George on Seinfeld once David left

>The only likeable characters are Fibi
Literally kill yourself.

>2016
>being mad about friends

yes, a British show is more likely to be for "art" whereas an American show is for profit. That's why the UK Office had 12 episodes and the US Office had 110

It's hard to get people interested in a show. Once a show has an established audience the writing simplifies when you realize what the audience wants and it's easy money. They introduce new shows leading into or following popular ones but they rarely hit it off. Just more efficient to continue a popular series-even when actors are getting more expensive to keep-than it is to constantly produce and test pilots

>friends is good

>the US Office had 110
Scratch that, it was actually 201.

Felt like a formality for them to finally end up together during the finale. I really just did not give a fuck about that dynamic of the show

Charlie and are the only characters who haven't been flanderized too much

lmao

Name one long running show that did not suffer from it

There was nothing funny about those dykes

>That's not a question professor.

>Matt LeBlanc said he wants to see a woman naked in television where she was paid and agreed to be naked on television
>someone punch him in the throat please

every character became a caricature of themselves so joey had to become super dumb