Why do people pretend to like this when its actually really boring and literally nothing happens?

why do people pretend to like this when its actually really boring and literally nothing happens?

how is this movie boring?
I have attention span problems and never stood up during it

>boring
>nothing happens

Go to capeshit pleb

>nothing happens

I have never, ever seen an intelligent person use this phrase as """criticism"""

It's only used by mouthbreathing troglodytes like OP.

Fuck off retard

OP hungry for some (You)'s

where do you breath out of?

>boring and literally nothing happens?
OP if you're making a things plebs say episode you really should start the thread with a frog reaction image.

there is a lot of development in the protagonist soul no?

calm down bro its overrated but its a great kino

(Usted)

Nothing but greatness

Watch this instead. Its right up your alley.

My nose. Sometimes my asshole participates in releasing gases too.

i got bored the first time I watched it because I was stoned and wanted to watch something more consistently action packed I guess

But normally, I agree with this guyI have a low attention span and when I'm in to watch good movies I don't lose interest. Watching Plainview's character unravel is cinema at its best

good post

Im sure if you think long enough you can answer that yourself.

Regular people breathe out of their noses unless they're sick af

I meant I didn't finish it the first time when I was stoned and watched it through later. Don't get high if you want to appreciate a movie, it makes me basically want nothing but tarantino or kickass

So, on a scale from 1 to 10 how retarded am I for thinking that Eli and Paul are the same person the entire movie, until the final scene? I thought, that one of the reasons for Daniel to loathe Eli was that after taking money for the tip he also started to demand more and more.

>people who know lots of things about movies like this so i like this
who's the retard now?

This. Just when you think you understand him, he does something to change that

You aren't retarded desu. I thought the same thing because they are literally identical twins and I don't remember it ever making much clarification, and considering you never saw them at the same place at the same time

farts aren't breathing you idiot

We don't like it because others like it, we like it because we fuckin watched it and loved it

Fuck off underage

>it's actually really boring and literally nothing happens

Wow, I wonder what would you say then for the work of Bela Tarr, Bergman or Tarkovsky if you think There Will Be Blood is boring and uneventful.

Low bait, 3/10 for making me reply

>what would you say then for the work of Bela Tarr, Bergman or Tarkovsky

i dont watch disney films

why do you pretend to be above the other members of this board because you're a pleb who only enjoys capeshit and blockbusters?

1/10

Nigga literally makes Dano recant his faith before beating him to death. Cold as fuck.

>this is nothing like my epic videogames

i was actually with op when i first watched this

but on rewatching... god its just so atmospheric, the acting is so outstanding and its such a believable period piece.

Soundtrack is very fitting as well.

You have no idea you're about to watch a psychopath movie up until at least halfway through the movie

>make bait subtle and clever - everyone calls it out

>make bait retardedly obvious - everyone falls for it

wtf tv

I feel like the part where he starts becoming suspicious towards his brother's impostor was the beginning of the end.

He had some major trust issues before but that sealed the deal and went full Monty Burns mode.

lets be fair. The movie DOES disregard traditional story telling devices. There is no grand conflict at first sight. We got Plainview who is already pretty rich and successful at the start of the film and we watch him trying to get richer so its not a rags-to-riches story the audience could get invested in. We got Eli who becomes his nemesis in his struggle for power but they dont compete over anything materialistic as their fields of interest vary greatly and they only butt heads for short moments when they intersect so its not a story about competition either.

Most movies would have handled this very differently to make it easier for the mainstream audience.

>implying it's bait and not just one of the thousands of incredibly retarded people who post on Cred Forums everyday

It's a character study of a deplorable person. It's something that shouldn't really work but it so does.

it's because liking this film is another form of virtue signalling

TWBB is a film that plebeians flock to in awe, because they are nearly completely underexposed to cinema.

It is a film which exposes the tasteless, time after time.

This

If I loved this movie when I was 17 and you did not have the attention-span for it as an adult then you should stop talking about movies

Normally I agree with these kind of threads, but this film is a masterpiece.

its a masterpiece in terms of boring nothingness

you're no better than the ones who see this as a "10/10 masterpiece." In other words, it's clear that you're a vapid, shallow, emotionless tryhard retard.

You are silly

Don't be thick in front of me, user.

>Stupid youtuber and Adam Sandler in front, `MURRICA flag in the back

Yeah, that's your country nowadays North America

Overrated """epic""" that has everything to trick you into thinking it's good but doesn't go anywhere and ends up being a huge mess of random scenes with mostly good (but a little exaggerated) acting. Definitely wasn't boring though

You have no taste

can Americans agree to stop making comedies?

pretending to like it and boasting so may be virtue signaling.. but if you genuinely like it, that is a personal endeavor.

>but doesn't go anywhere

What does this even mean? You expected some grand lesson about life at the end? Are you a child?