Why are the humans so inept?

Why are the humans so inept?

You can't create a character that is smarter than you are.

Not true, if you take your time and put a lot of forethought into how the characters solve various dilemmas they can appear much smarter than the writer.

those "vampire bombs" were pretty cool famalama

In concept. In execution it was beyond terrible.

>Big jizz-splosion
>TAKE OFF YOUR COAT
>commercial break
>let's talk about the Fet/Dutch romance nobody cares about while ignoring the bombing
>councilwoman gives a long, cringingly terrible "what the fuck were they thinking" speech about how the events of this dumb vampire show is THE SAME AS NINE ELEVEN
>lol councilwoman ur fine the bombings only killed extras in another location that we've never seen

I can't be the only one who is starting to get irritated by the Mexican Dumb & Dumber duo.

The guys are capable, sure, but they've caused a couple of needless deaths because of a completely selfish purpose. And then Gus has the nerve to bitch about everything afterwards.

Angel is getting into a bad light because of him.

It was a stupid flavor of the month book that got too popular for its own good, similar to The walking dead(though the comic was of ok quality) and now it's struggling to keep everyone's attention away from the stupid shit now that the glow of the "it's popular and new" has worn off.

you made some good points but
>commercial break
HAHA WHAT YEAR IS IT

>Something dramatic happens in any show
>commercial break
>Am now completely uninvested in what's going on after hearing the charmin quicker picker upper commercial for the thousandth time
And that's why I stopped watching TV for most of everything.

At first I figured it was going to be an explosion. Didn't figure the worms were going to fly everywhere.

Like fuck man. I figured everyone was screwed. Good thing cotton just stops worms now.

So Conan Doyle was god detective?

>commercial break

I pity you.

The writers don't know what to do with him. The subplot with his mom just made him out to be criminally retarded. Thanks to him police died for no good reason at all.

to be fair, they did demand that the muzzle be taken off of an obviously turned vampire and then proceeded to stand directly in front of it

Gus was great in the book
Yet another victim of adaptation RIP Nora

I didn't watch the commercials, faggots, it's just obvious that's where they went. Should I have just said "act break"?

Literally The Walking Strigoi

I don't know how humans got stupid enough to make a shitty show like The Strain either, OP.

It's best not to think about it.

scene change my nigga

This show is so bad that i can't stop watching it.
I like the colored lighting tho.

That's still the writers being dumb. In every horror movie/series humans are portrayed as fucking neanderthals.

It's definitely a guilty pleasure.

They're not really, no idea what the German dude has been doing most of the time though, seems so powerful he could easily murder the important good guys at any time he wants

Are the russian guy, grandpa jew and 'I want to kill my own father' the only good characters left?

You are incorrect.

>Not understanding what that means.

I like Eph

>hmm burning his bitch wife with the book

mmmm choke on it, you whore..

White Blade, Stein and Based Rat-killer. Pretty much. The doctor lost his place these last episodes. The british bitch should have died last season and the kid have never been good, no matter which actor played him.

>You are incorrect.

You sure showed me.

Dutch should have died instead of Nora desu

gtfo

Kelly is /ourstrigoi/

>GIMME DA BOOK!
>AHH! It's covered in silver!

see? its not only the humans who are stupid

You are an abomination, I'll drag you into the Sun kicking and screaming..

They should both have died. Samvise was too good for that world.

To be fair, she was bundled up and had gloves on

>dat sweet latina rump
>dat third rail

I was said, but that was a metal as fuck way to go out.

Nora atleast had fat latina ass, Dutch is an ugly dyke

Because then the vampires would be no threat.

SH used magic all the time tho. That is pretty much evidence of ACD having to resort to coincidence and bullshit because he wasn't smart enough

fuck no

Why not? ;_;

>forgetting /our guy/

She's annoying. Also, all her scenes are with the shitstain kid.

Jokes aside, his origin reveal was really well done, he took the redpill but boy did it hurt going down and there was just no coming back from it.

Dutch has her charm.

I swear they put in that whole Dutch rape subplot because viewers were finding him way too likeable

well, that just made him more likeable, cuz nobody likes dutch

>less likeable after this whole event

Pretty much this. He's a great actor which probably helps. For some reason plays the part of a nazi in everything he is in.

It was cruel yet fascinating the lengths he would go to get a remembrance of a long lost taste.

Also, this whole conversation.

that was a genuinely good episode. eichorst is a sad cuck of a man and that webm that's so popular on this board is out of context and edited. he's so pathetic it sheds light on why hes the only one of the masters minions he doesn't have to control the actions of. there's no resistance at all because his life is and was completely devoid of meaning and substance without some fuhrur telling him what to do and granting him petty personal power

See this is were if it were a great series she would have died. The main cast could do with a death, Dutch, the kid and Mexico-man first, please.

Based.

This, Eichorst is a massive faggot who needs somebody to follow

He is one redpilled motherfucker, that's for sure.

Eichorst getting shafted as the next host for the Master has to be one of the funniest scenes ever.

What the fuck are generic mexican thug and Masketta Man even doing? The other main characters are busy trying to destroy the Master and save the world, why the fuck are those two even in the show?

diversity quota

He has a Nazi face.

I gotchu senpai

Mexican thug seemed like he was gonna have a cool arc being trained by Quinlan 1.0, then they killed him and dropped it

>no red worm

??

He plays the part of a number 2. henchman really well.

They could have just spared Nora's sexy and ass then. At least she was useful.

What happened to Eph's biological weapon? Seems to not be working on it anymore

So this is based on a comic book, right? How closely does it follow it? Also where did vampires come from in this universe?

My brother tried to show me this show but the first 20 minutes seemed really cliched, does it get any better?

The ladies wouldn't have a sexy brown man to crave for if they had killed them instead of Nora.

Fro mwhat I hear S3 is very OFF THE RAILS from the books, no red worm there.

He gets some of the best lines and is just a smarmy fucker.

Eph way too punished and too drunk to get his head in the game sorting it out, he needs a serious bitchslap.

mexicana man seemed to at least have a plot point in the first and second season. Now the writers don't know what to do with him.

Didn't they say the strigoyim get stronger as they get older? They're just mindless zombies at first, but then they get stronger and faster like Eichorst. I just assume they're resisting it.

>yes
>doesnt follow it very closely
>they came from fragments of an angel that fell from heaven, the fragments became worms that became The Master and the Ancients

off camera

For me and completely unapologetically, something about the cliched shlocking late 90s TV show feel have me enthralled along with some good performances that make up for some weaker ones.

t.pleb

It's an acquired taste to be sure.

>implying the 3 women who watch this show want a manlet
>implying they're not lusting after Fett's big slav cock

Does it bother anyone else that Fet uses way too many american idioms? His somewhat heavy accent combined with the american slang makes it seem like he is making the accent up.

>they came from fragments of an angel that fell from heaven, the fragments became worms that became The Master and the Ancients

I can dig that origin. Are there any other supernatural creatures in the setting. Werewolves, ghosts, pagan gods and that stuff? Like Supernatural, you know.

no, its a show about vampires

>A-Two-Three-Zero-Three-Eight-Fiiiiiiiiiiive

UNF. Like fucking silk.

Not really, I'm danish and it can't be understated how much of an effect american television have exported american saying/idioms/proverbs to the rest of the world.

The soft power of America is almost as powerful as your military.

Fett is too white, contemporary strong independent women dream about having caramel babies.

If nothing else there are at least angels, which would mean that there would be demons as well.

Not really. Eichorst is more valuable with his mind intact. He actually knows how to do shit beyond slither and bite
Also the bomb idea is pretty cool, if lacking in execution

That's not what I saw in the last episode when he laid the pipe to that chick from the bar.

Also, why we're talking about based Fett, does anyone have the webm of that Premium gas scene from S1? That was the best scene in the whole season.

Because del Toro has the subtlety of a nuke and wants to tell us for the millionth time that ~*~humans are the real monsters~*~

I mean from the sense that Eichorst seemed to want it so bad, and it is strange too, he actually is quite competent but if he were host to the Master he couldn't honestly put himself out there anymore for fear of attacks, regardless of his strength. Being an extension of him is way more suitable

Yep

Well shitposting is no fun with you, sir.

He was still making it at Fett's place for that Feraldo lady a couple episodes ago and it was suggested it was losing its effectiveness, from practically 100% at first down to like 72%. The strigoi are probably building up an immunity to it either naturally as they mature, through mutation, or the Master just getting too good at suiciding carriers before they infect others.

thanks

>when Eph had hair

I just can't understand how these things are even a threat now. Why hasn't the American government deployed all of their considerable military might in NY? Instead they loan them 5 SEALs for a weekend?

Corey Stoll is one of those few men who look way better completely bald. His head shape is 10/10.

His accent is so terrible it's distracting. They can't decide what they want and now it's just grunting.

Guys I miss Nora so much

Why go on fighting strigoi if she's not there to soothe you

No because Fet is based

Doesn't the master have like moles inside lots of places causing disruption and shit? Sure they nearly killed Eph when he went to Washington or some shit.

Also I think they are focusing on keeping it all in NY and not letting it spread

Can anyone truly blame Eph for choosing this over Kelly?

that's a big image

Could cause an eclipse with that ass

Well, they do need another eclipse, don't they? Trully best girl.

>user, I'm completely strigoi-free :)

she was a 10/10 in her youth

what's the fun in that?

>half sister of Sydney Bristow

Are mexicans white? Always thought they were halfbreeds between spainards and old incas or something like that.

I need more comfy eichorst flashbacks this season bros

>shitty show
who gives a shit? The show is garbage on every level except for the visuals and even that has shit recycled from del toros other movies.

The good ones are

more eichorst anything pls tnx

So what, the master is just one single big red worm.
If somebody had stomped that worm at the peer when the master was beheaded then the show would have been over.

>s03e02
I wonder why they didn't stomp him!
Besides, the old git would have broken a hip trying to stomp something crawling away quick

I liked the concept better when he could reincarnate by any of his million of worms. I mean you could just burn the host body and kill the master like that.

The masters new host is that office worker guy who was held prisoner with gus and angel. Screencap this.

For what purpose? doesn't he try and choose physically impressive hosts, like the retarded giant guy

What was physically impressive about the metal singer?

I think he just thought he was sexy

Social influence
The Master goes after people that are useful, be it physically imposing or with social sway.

My bet is on Feraldo, Feraldo's cop bodyguard, or Palmer

So the Master is a boylover, eh?

>Social influence

He looks like a fucking zombie.

I want the Master to take Zach's body and go tease Eph

Oh, God. That kid is fucking unbearable.

The kid could not act the part of an ancient vampire lord, he can't even play a kid.

did you notice he was recasted
I didn't, I read it on Cred Forums

Have you seen any of the hard rockers
Most of them are zombie-lite

>The night is as long as the day

The Master is a fucking idiot, also dude should move to Iceland or some shit where they have 4 hours of light

The same but on /r/thestrain. The could recast again and I'm sure i wouldn't notice.

Think it was more metaphorical than a statement of fact.