Movie theater food is too fucking expensive. It was $12 for a medium popcorn and sofa. What the FUCK!?

Movie theater food is too fucking expensive. It was $12 for a medium popcorn and sofa. What the FUCK!?
A large was $10 bucks like 2 years ago
Now the large is about $15
Can we sue them or some shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>go to my local cinema
>feeling a little /mischievous/
>decide to pee all over the seat in front of me
>walk out the theatre happy
Take that wagecucks

>he doesn't smuggle a water bottle & some candy or a snack into the theater like everybody else. I've been on multiple dates where I leveled with a girl I wasn't gonna pay movie theater food prices.

>eating shit
Stay fat, amerifat.

Go to matinees only, pay only 5 buckos. No one in theater except for some old ladies in the front. Sit in back. Watch blockbuster movie in peace and enjoyment.

Feels good man

how do you think theaters earn money? on fucking movie tickets?

this is why I'm /homevideo/

>eating

Stay fat, euroshit

>he bought a movietheater sofa
>not getting a Loveseat and Ottoman for the same amountbof legroom at 3/4s of the price

This.

Most of the sofas have more change in them so you have a better chance of making a return on your investment, but the theater I frequent usually has comfy futons for like half the price that have seen far less wear and fold out into a bed for you and your onahole.

>food prices what pay for the cinema to stay in town
>inflation

This are two things you need to know.

this

sneak cucumbers in your purse instead, bitch

>free refills are no longer a thing

I end up sneaking food in now, but I throw away the trash at home so the employees don't get in trouble. What I really can't stand about movie theatres is how indecent the audience is now. I went to see Kubo last night and you'd think the kids would be pains in the asses, but they were saints compared to their parents talking on the phone during the movie and putting their fucking bear feet on the seats in front of them. Those people shouldn't be allowed to exist, let alone procreate.

Just put some eggplants in your inside picket

I always go to mcdonalds first and bring in a half dozen junior chickens and a large soda

Do you live in India? youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo

I don't to the cinema that much, but I never had an experience like that. Only teenagers are semi-annoying, but no one talks on the phone or screams on anything.

>junior chickens

What the fuck actual chickens

>can we sue them or some shit

Nope. They charge that much because people are willing to spend that much.

If you want to gripe about something, gripe at the people who are still buying that shit.

Actually, I think their cut of the movie ticked is significantly one would think it would be considering how little they invest compared to studios.

Falcon chow went up?

>but I throw away the trash at home so the employees don't get in trouble
why do you give a fuck about them? dont you know they laugh about you going alone in their meal time? I would superglue that shit on the seats so their boss sees it and fucks them in the ass

Uh, yeah....

Theaters don't get the money from tickets, they get it from concession sales. The popcorn has to pay employee wages, power, supplies, water, sewage, trash removal, taxes, etc and some of it goes to whatever corporation owns the theater.

Nobody is charging you that much to screw you over or pull a fast one. Even the corporations don't make that much off a single theater, they make money because they have thousands of theaters.

You don't have to buy it and I've never seen anyone kicked out for bringing in a drink or candy. Only if you're blatant about it or are acting foolish anyways.

Nope, New Jersey. I usually go to different theatres, but this was the closest to me playing Kubo at the time and my girlfriend and I don't have a lot of time together so it was the only way. The movie is fantastic though and those shitstains thankfully did not ruin it.

Junior chickens cost

>for a medium popcorn and sofa
Fuck, $12 for a sofa is a great price. Where is this theatre at? They're going to put furniture stores right out of business.

>not going to a theater with a full kitchen and bar
disgusting

>employee wages, power, supplies, water, sewage, trash removal, taxes, etc and some of it goes to whatever corporation owns the theater.
the studios pay for all of this

I just heat up some tendies at home and sneak them in

>Theaters don't get the money from tickets, they get it from concession sales.
theaters get the majority of the money from concession sales not ticket sales.

there fixed it for you

>water bottle
>not a flask
God knows I need alcohol to get through genre schlock.

t. fat yuro faggot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT JOKE HASN'T BEEN MADE YET. YOU'RE HILARIOUSLY HILARIOUS.

>go to watch film
>receive chimpcon 4

Didn't specify earlier I was on a date. I'm just aware that the employees are liable for any foreign food that's found after customers left so if I'm going to sneak my cheaper stuff in, the very least I can do is not fuck them out of a job further.

>sofa
kek

Nah but the theater I work at we're supposed to get a MINIMUM purchase of $15. And we're the fucking Indie theater here.

I love our popcorn but I get that shit for free/I fucking make it so of course I like it.

My first job was one of those. Got fired for eating too much popcorn/shake toppings

No, dumbass, like 90% of ticket sale prices go to the studios.

Fucking lel

>tfw matinee is $7.50
>tfw the theater caters primarily to old people
>tfw "REMEMBER TO PUT MY SENIORS DISCOUNT ON THERE SONNY"
>"Two old people for Sully?"
>"Yeah, lemme get your super senior discount or whatever"
>"do you have a student discount?"
>"I want two ticketsSENIORS"
IT'S ALL THE SAME PRICE YOU UNBELIEVABLE SENILE FUCKS

>Peruvian expat living in the US
>Always thought theater snacks were expensive as fuck back in Peru
>Go back for the Holidays
>Go with friends to the movies to watch TFA premiere.
>Snacks cost the same except I've been working in the US for 3 years now so all my money is in dorar.
>What used to be a luxury usually split between two people is now something I can buy for all my buds.
>Go back to the US and get raped in the ass by US prices
Its a weird kind of feel.