Halloween Thread!

so, Halloween is close and it's time we discuss some good horror movies,bad horror movies and also goofy old low budget horror/sci fi movies and stuff

Trick R Treat has gradually become essential Halloween viewing for me. Anthology films really work best on Halloween night.

I watched another Halloween anthology movie like Trick R Treat last year but I don't remember what it was called, Tales of Halloween or something like that. It was more tongue-in-cheek funny than it was scary, but I thought it was pretty good.

Why the fuck are the animated children's movies and comedies listed higher than actual horror movies? What fucking Facebook page did you pull this from?

basically the entire first half of OP's list is garbage or not even Halloween related t-b-h

yeah I watch Trick R Treat every halloween as well, there's something comfy about it that makes it really entertaining

nice trips.
I got it from a halloween thread posted here a few months ago
is more accurate perhaps?

Here are my favorite horror films per category
>Vampires
Bram Stoker's Dracula/Fright Night (Can't decide)
>Werewolf
American Werewolf in London
>Ghost/Possession/Demons
Exorcist
>Alien
Aliens
>Animal Attack
Anaconda
>Zombies
Return of the Living Dead
>Mad Scientist
Reanimator
>Cross Over
Van Helsing
>Cartoon
Paranorman

Oh and I forgot
>Serial Killer/Slasher
Silence of the Lambs

Essential AYAOTD/Goosebumps/Haunting Hour viewings? Feel like a comfy-ween this year.

>tfw you'll never go to a halloween high school party
>tfw you'll never make a gore/slasher/bad horror flicks marathon with your friends
>tfw you just want to go on a costumed adventure on halloween night, but you'll end up going to a party with your friends filled with slutty girls in nurse or vampire costumes

Sorry to hear that user

I never did any of that either, but I enjoy the spirit anyways. I went in College to a few parties, i imagine though it would be worse in high school since no drinking is allowed+ interference of parents

Sex only really becomes good in College, most high school sex is just depressing and awkward

yeah, I don't think there will be "real" halloween parties, I guess it's just not the way things are around here (Chile), so I guess I'll just have to go to normie parties w/ my buddies

also, I hever had high school sex, so there's that

Halloween is the best time of year for fapping because of the influx of appreciation for pre-2000s scream queens. I love my trashy horrorfus.

Shame about the show Scream Queens clogging the internet though.

>That list
>No Rocky Horror
>No Return of the Living Dead
>No Evil Dead Trilogy
It's like you deliberately are trying not to have a comfy time

>ghost dad nowhere on that list

what a piece of shit

>Halloween Movie list, no fucking Romero movies kys

yeah, because ghost dad isnt on the list.

Rate my title list for this Halloween:

>A Girl Walks Home Alone (Ana Lily Amirpour, 2014 USA)
>De Vierde Man (Paul Verhoeven, 1983 Netherlands)
>Dementia 13 (Francis Ford Coppola, 1963 USA)
>Diabel (Andrzej Zulawski, 1972 Poland)
>Goodnight Mommy (Severin Fiala & Veronika Franz, 2014 Austria)
>Green Room (Jeremy Saulnier, 2015 USA)
>Inferno (Dario Argento, 1980 Italy)
>Las Mariposas Disecadas (Sergio VĂ©jar, 1978 Mexico)
>Maniac (William Lustig, 1980 USA)
>The Devil-Doll (Tod Browning, 1936 USA)
>Pos Eso (Sam, 2014 Spain)
>The Conjuring 2 (James Wan, 2016 USA)
>The Hills Have Eyes (Wes Craven, 1977 USA)
>The Return of the Living Dead (Dan O'Bannon, 1985 USA)
>Train to Busan (Yeon Sang-ho, 2016 South Korea)

I like whorer

I only know like 1/3 of those films ._.

Hocus Pocus and Sleepy Hollow are good for a fun time on Halloween fuck you

>tfw you never grew up in a small northeastern US town where Halloween is a really big deal
Do places like this actually exist?

>tfw you never grew up in a small northeastern US town where Halloween is a really big deal
>Do places like this actually exist?
I've always wanted to know that

I'd be afraid a horror movie might break out at any time and I'd be caught up in it.

nah, it'd be fun

I can't deal with superhuman killing forces, man. I'm too lazy for that shit. I just want to carve a couple pumpkins and eat some sweets.

kek
I just wish halloween was a little bit more creepy here, not just another excuse to make theme parties

I get you, senpai. Halloween sometimes feels like it loses a bit of it's spirit. Back in the day I used to visit haunted places with friends, amateur ghost hunt and search for the jersey devil and stuff where I'm at. Decent thrills for cheap. I wouldn't mind going off to more haunted places in other states. A good scare is worth fighting for.

bump

yeah, I wanna make this halloween different and go looking for some spooky stuff with my buddies, but I don't think there's much paranormal activity around.
I guess I'll just have to roll with the rest... at least until I find some place where halloween has more meaning than just slutty vampire chicks

Is Rocky Horror Picture Show a halloween must watch?

Amazing taste. You rock. Internet kudos.

Monster Squad remake with the Stranger Things kids when?

>not living in Wisconsin and wandering around the woods drinking beer in the fall and living the beginning of comfy horror movies for two months every year

My sister lives out there. I don't envy those winters. Nice place though. And god so white.

As far as acts of god and regional environmental shit goes winter is pretty tame. I'd rather have blizzards than earthquakes or hurricanes or something. God forbid serious heatwaves. You can always just bundle up more and learn to drive on snow and ice.

Conjuring is not good

Green Room was very good

>From the border of Wisconsin and Illinois
>Move to Winnipeg, Canada
>MFW
Is the next logical step to move to the final circle of the Inferno?

>mentions Cujo and Pet Sematary
>doesn't mention Christine
Why is Christine so underrated? It's one of my favorite Stephen King adaptations.

It really is underrated. It's hard to make a car legitimately spooky but it did.

That list is deeply flawed. What should be taken out:
>all of the Disney channel tier movies
>all of the animated movies
>Harry Potter (why the fuck is this on here? It isn't a horror movie and it doesn't have any connection to horror or Halloween)
>Paranormal Activity
>The Strangers
>Insidious
>Signs

What should be put in:
>Evil Dead 2
>Army of Darkness
>John Carpenter's The Thing
>The Fog
>Christine
>Halloween III: Season of the Witch
>A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
>David Cronenberg's The Fly
>Videodrome
>An American Werewolf In London
>Creepshow
>Night of the Living Dead
>Dawn of the Dead
>Day of the Dead
>Return of the Living Dead
>Hellraiser
>Fright Night
>The Wicker Man (the original and the remake. The original is a horror masterpiece, the remake is hilariously awful)

>Vampires
Fright Night
>Werewolf
An American Werewolf In London
>Ghost/Possession/Demons
The Evil Dead
>Alien
The Thing
>Animal Attack
Jaws
>Zombies
Dawn of the Dead
>Mad Scientist
Does The Fly count?
>Cross Over
idk
>Cartoon
idk

>he fell for le Pulp Fiction of Horror meme

why is Fright Night so comfy?

>Matilda
Good kids movie, but has literally nothing to do with Halloween, horror, witches, etc. No one even dies or gets seriously injured.

Where will we congregate now that Instasync is kill?

I've summed up this thread's posts in one single pic... is this Cred Forums's halloween kino?

>Vampires
The Lost Boys
>Werewolf
Probably one of the Ginger Snaps
>Ghost/Possession/Demons
The Shining
>Alien
Night of the Creeps
>Animal Attack
Cujo
>Zombies
Day of the Dead
>Mad Scientist
Bride of Frankenstein
>Cross Over
Not sure what this means but Monster Squad I guess.
>Cartoon
Monster House I guess

I also would like to know this

Nah. Halloween is best when you just wing it and not let others decide for you.

Planning to rewatch all the episodes of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace when October comes around.

cytube I guess

diabel is A++++++

Inferno and Opera are the only of Argento's good period I have left to watch...going to be so sad to run out, no one does what he does better

giallos/other movies to fill the void?

Well October 1st is on a Saturday. Need to start planning the 4 weekends of comfykino now.

>tfw two of those posts are mine
Thanks, user.

It's the perfect vampire movie. The casting is flawless, the practical effects are great, the new wave soundtrack is great and there are tons of scares and laughs.

>No more real trick or treaters anymore
>just minorities from out of the neighborhood usually with minimal or no costumes
>no point in decorating home
>no point in buying candy to hand out

Halloween sucks dicks these days. Fuck trunk or treating and other '''''safe''''' methods of celebrating the best holiday, fucking pussies.
God damn it I even had full sized candy bars. I wanted to be 'that house.'
It's not fucking fair.

good taste man :)

Yes.

I really wish I could've lived those things

This. Thanks a lot Bernie Sanders you fucking faggot.

Hey Cred Forums i have a large screen and projector in my back deck. I want to do a differnt horror movie every evening in october. If i steam it would you guys watch? Would be 8-10 PST

Ayyyyyyy

Do it. I'm sure at least a few anons would watch

that's like a 4 hour difference with my country, but yeah I'd watch

S/o for Return of The Living Dead. Seems to be unknown to this board.

>Vampires
Nosferatu
Blade

>Werewolf
That one Xfiles episode

>ghost/possession/demon
13 Ghost
Paranormal Activity
The Omen
Rosemarys Baby

>Alien
Alien
Predator
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

>Animal Attack
The mist
The Happening
The birds

>zombies
Dawn of the Dead
28 days later

>mad scientist
Frankenstein

>cross over
League of Extraordinary Gentleman

>cartoon
Monster House

>slasher
Maniac

Anyone watching any spooky shows? Just started Penny Dreadful and Slasher. Slasher I'm a bit iffy on. Is it worth staying aboard?

You going by favorite horror movies in general or ones that with with the Halloween season?

>Vampires
Let the Right One In
>Werewolf
An American Werewolf in London
>Ghost/Possession/Demons
The Shining
>Alien
Alien
>Zombies
Day of the Dead
>Mad Scientist
The Bride of Frankenstein
>Cross Over
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
>Cartoon
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
>Serial Killer/Slasher
Halloween

>Animal Attack
Jaws

Sum ting gud pls

True kino, keep it up user. Only movie on the list I downright dislike is Goodnight Mommy, but at least it has impressive cinematography.

Diabel, Inferno, and Return of the Living Dead are great. Green Room, Conjuring 2, and Maniac are fun.

Oh damn monster house nice one

Slasher was great

There isn't a kid cool enough to recast Rudy.

>Halloween is close

No it's not fuckhead, some of us still like to enjoy our summer days while they last.

Summer is for fags, nobody gives a shit about you wanting to stretch out your bullshit season.