>Did his shit almost 100 years ago
>It's still possibly the funniest shit on film

Fucking HOW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dsw9jYU_rJI
youtube.com/watch?v=uSsUoxlSADk
youtube.com/watch?v=icq2KvONMPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would say it's still clever and witty by most modern standards.

It doesn't make me laugh deeply or for very long. Funny and clever are not always interchangeable.

his eyes

Marx brother movies are comfy as fuck, but no one here actually thinks they're funny, right?

I wouldn't say it's the funniest shit ever because people's humor changes so quickly through time but their comedy, specifically Groucho's, is so fucking brilliant that even if people aren't laughing at it they can still appreciate the writing and delivery.

Maybe it's just me then, but his shit makes me laugh out loud every time, and I barely laugh at all at anything else.

It's just the wit and perfect delivery. I know it's a cliche to say that comedy now isn't as good as it used to be, but I do think a lot of modern comedy has become more edgy than it is clever or witty. As if we should laugh because we're supposed to, rather than it actually being particularly funny.

Also how could anyone not like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dsw9jYU_rJI

Where are the jokes?

their manifesto is hilarious

this

it's less laugh out loud funny, and more "small chuckle, appreciate the wit" funny

Groucho is the best Marx Bros Member

youtube.com/watch?v=uSsUoxlSADk
I just realized they were making fun of Hitler and other dictators from 1920s and 1930s.

youtube.com/watch?v=icq2KvONMPA

best scene imo

They're hilarious in a really hokey way. Mel Brooks goes for the same vibe but imo falls flat by going to far into it. His films are often just really corny

Went into it with an open mind. Understood every joke, didn't even crack a smile.

I'm sure it was GOAT back then, but this shit ain't funny.

Are you autistic?

The Producers and Blazing Saddles are comedy kino and if you don't think they're great then I really question your sense of humor.

Young Frankenstein is a very loving tribute to old horror but it's kinda slow, still one of Wilder's best roles.

The rest of his movies are largely hit and miss.

I didn't think The Producers was very funny at all and is the worst of Brooks hokey tendencies. Young Frankenstein is like 50% great and 50% dull as dirt. Blazing Saddles is his only consistently great film but even that isn't immune. I love Madeline Kahn but her scenes are unwatchable, like 10 minutes set up for a joke about big black dicks, and there's tons of groaners spread throughout

I just think Brooks sits very awkwardly between an older era of comedy that he really loves, and being the most modern comedy writer of his time. It's an odd mix

Obviously. It's not even a context.

You have an inferior sense of humour.

You could make a case for Harpo for being the most absurd character ever