Why doesn't Cred Forums talk about this show? Is it something Americans just can't understand?

Why doesn't Cred Forums talk about this show? Is it something Americans just can't understand?

Childermass best JSMN

The best tv show this year. I can't believe it flew under the radar

it came out last year buddy

we talked about it when it was relevant buddy. you know, in 2015

I could have sworn I saw it this year. Regardless, best show of 2015 then

The book was underwhelming as fuck, how's the show?

>Look Stephen, how pathetic he looks trying to summon me
>But sir..are you not here?

GENTLEMAN FOREVER AND EVER BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>he isn't aware of the [current year]
JOHN'S

It probably slipped under America's radar because britain hasn't made anything worth watching in years.

Is this still being aired?

I remember watching it last night but it felt like as if it was gonna get canceled.

slightly above average visuals and fantastic acting especially on Strange's part.

Didn't read the book but the ending was bittersweet but tinged with hope, reminded me of All Star Superman somewhat

It wasn't that big and came out a year ago. It was also intended as a one-off mini series so there's not much to talk about after the season aired

I mean, it's great that you just finally got around to watching it user, but your question is a bit stupid

It had some comedy gold moments as well as some really dark moments. The zombie soldiers were fucking unsettling

it was only 7 episodes, usually Britbong mini-series style with hour long episodes, plus it's based on fairly light on words novel.

From what I remember, the book was fucking huge

The book endung was a lot more depressing

>Norrell realizing he doesn't know how to make them dead again as they plead to be released
>that shot of the windmill burning

Whelp..

I loved What We Do In The Shadows

Recently rewatched it and it was even better on the second viewing.

Very solid series.

I watched it, it was okay.

It dragged on too long (like the book) and had too many characters it didn't need (like the magicians that found the mad house) and it had a downer ending. Also neither of the main characters were likable. Unlikable protagonists make shitty shows.

Strange was an arrogant single minded ass who only got fun when he intentionally went mad.
Norrell was a cowardly selfish imperious cunt and continued being so, only repenting and admitting when he had no choice.

The Gentleman with Thistle Down Hair was a bit more evil intentioned instead of just being alien and capricious like in the book.

The Nameless Slave was the most likable guy.

the acting and visuals were good, though

>The Nameless Slave was the most likable guy.

He had a pretty decent arc all things considered, it was pretty weak of the Gentleman to try and manipulate him with "muh slavery" bullshit and even then he realized that even with all that the Gentleman's manipulations were wrong, especially to someone like Bell who was kind to him.

my fucking face when he gets supercharged and is trouncing the Gentleman and as a last ditch tries to bargain for his real name and Stephen don't give a fuck

Loved it almost as much as the books.

The way Stephen was powered up really blew my mind

Kek I thought the same from the thumb

>le black man is the most powerful wizard in Britain

The show is cuck trash

Only he wasn't.

He was. All the magic knowledge of England went into him.

This is the first I've ever heard of there being a show. Might need to check it out.

It was a temporary thing, the power boost was also never meant for him

How did you miss all the threads?

yeah, that was a satisfying climax with the Gentleman getting destroyed by the servant who he underestimated

>gentleman is nothing but a friend to Stephen
>helps him countless times
>finds out his name through great trouble
>intends to make Stephen a king
>gets killed by Stephen in the end

Hmm, really makes you think

What's the name of the show, you inconsiderate fucking limey shitstains?

Johnathan strange and Mr Norrell

It recently became available on American Netflix so I expected Clappers to be just picking it up.

It's in the fucking filename you stupid mongoloid.

>muh books

what did he mean by this

He was a bibliojew