en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodorowsky's_Dune
nerdist.com/watch-a-fan-edited-3-hour-cut-of-david-lynchs-dune/
youtube.com/watch?v=dZdj5NJj-Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=KYUolurihOQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The author didn't let them use the right theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=JO2UtDzr7sw&index=9&list=PL3YsvLz49R324QU0pLxP1VwovxLWiY69r

Absolute nothing.

Read the book and watch the movie. It's the perfect adaptation.

In that order

He truly is the quiz Dat hat rwck

Nothing. Pure space k i n o.

Not enough quips and reddit humor.

They picked the wrong director and tried to make a hollywood adaptation for a book far too long and complex to condense in a sub-3 hour blockbuster.

Also en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodorowsky's_Dune

yuck. the music to Dune 1984 is one of the best parts of the film.

wrong director/producers for the material. jodorowskys would have been much worse and a giant clusterfuck though.

honestly that hack ridley scott probably would have done it best, especially at that point in his career, but then we wouldn't have gotten blade runner.

I agree Jod's would have been shit. I think that it was just developed at the wrong time and it was too much source material for a single film.

Directed by hack.

All of the inner monologue stuff was terrible. The general aesthetic was terrible. Pretty much everything except for the source material was terrible.

There is a special fan edition out there

internal dialogue removed, certain scenes cut/added, sfx tastefuly cleaned up

It's pretty good
Forgot the name though

The material is better suited to a TV mini-series or at least a trilogy of films. Also precisely zero of the characters in Dune are likable or relatable, they are all weird space assholes with nebulous motivations.

> the general aesthetic

Seriously? The god tier aesthetic was the saving grace of the film.

They didn't let /ourboy/ the spiritual warrior direct his 7 hour space epic about space jesus

no jodo

It wasn't longer. Everything else was perfect

AND HE'LL KNOW HE'LL KNOW IT IS I, BARON VLADMIR HARKKONEN WHO ENCOMPASSES HIS DOOM

We really need more movies about milking cats.

I thought Cred Forums hated this film.
Personally, I love it.

Thar stupid fucking sound guns they used. That shit isn't even in the books so someone had to have thought it up for the movie. Was it so they could have people shoot at shields without nuking everything or something?

Sting.

He was suave as fuck in that film.

I should really continue with that Dune game on my dos computer.

> implying jodorowsky's dune wouldnt of been the film to end all films

well shit

anyone know tha name?

nerdist.com/watch-a-fan-edited-3-hour-cut-of-david-lynchs-dune/

I think this what the other user was talking about.

It's fun.

Father! The sleeper has awakened!

This. Otherwise the mini series is 100% way better than the Lynch movie in almost every way.

But the 1984 soundtrack is such a highlight and I love re-listening to it otherwise I just don't feel like rewatching it.

Children of Dune's soundtrack is also a 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=dZdj5NJj-Bk

Really? I didn't find it that fun. The sandworm part was cool, I liked the villains but it just seemed bland and the indoor structures felt too dark, the gothic feeling just did not work with this film.

idk to me this film failed and I am a huge Lynch fan who enjoys all this work but to me this is by far his weakest production

I saw it as a kid before I read the book. I enjoyed it and I don't understand the hate it gets.

>I don't understand the hate it gets.
I am sorry but something about it just doesn't let me "like it".

I don't mean to be a hater like I said here
I am a big fan of all of Lynch's other work but to me this film severely failed.

The mini series and the sequel Children of Dune is far superior in every way.

Someone tried to film it.

Outside of the internal monolgue and alien ideas, the flashbacks have flashbacks.

You can maybe animate it and do it right. Maybe.

>bring in that floating fat man
>...
>The Baron

I've always loved the miniseries. It just needed a higher budget for special effects.

I've read the book several times, and I feel like I'm missing something when I watch Lynch's version. In the book I don't recall them having laser handguns that work by vocal vibrations or whatever Lynch was trying to imply. I just don't understand what Lynch was going for with that.

IIRC the weirding way mentioned in the books was basically super effective martial arts which Paul and his mammy teach to the Fremen.

Lynch didn't want the action scenes to be kung-fu in the desert so he combing the bene geserit voice power and weirding way into those "weirding modules" which fire sonic blasts or some shit.

Yeah, due to cancer.

>fremen use weird sonar weapons
>perfect

there's lots that's wrong with it, but this shit was it for me.

>my name is a killing word

wtf i hate lynch now?

My recollection of the "voice" & the weirding way from the books was using the full power of the mind & body to have superpowers.
It probably made producers nervous as it would have been compared to the "force" from the SW films inviting plagiarism suits & causing delays & pricey lawyer time to an already bloated & shaky film.

Lynch being a possible director of Jedi couldn't have helped much.

Oh I didn't know that. Fox really dodged a bullet there.

>plagiarism
Dune came out in 1965. I don't think they were gonna get in trouble for that.

>What went wrong?

Weirding modules.

When Paul and Jessica find Sietch Tabr the movie immediately turns to shit.

>My name has become a killing word.

I'd suck every single last sperm out of Gurney.

>No homo

some scenes were based:
youtube.com/watch?v=KYUolurihOQ

How long have you known?

I have always known.