Re-Animator remake 'Re-Animator: Evolution' in the works

>Pursued by the police, an ambitious neuroscientist uses a neutrino impulse to bring his dead wife back to life, unintentionally unlocking within her dormant powers that threaten the existence of everyone he knows.

Johnathon Schaech is playing Herbert West.

bloody-disgusting.com/indie/3407109/re-animator-evolution-basically-remake-exclusive/

FUCK THIS

I dont see this going well

fucking hell

Sounds more like a sequel to the Lazarus Effect

are the sequels any good? i only saw the first

Bride is good

ehhh not into this news but I guess it was inevitable

Will his strong wife at least be nice to him?

But the first Re-Animator is shit

>are the sequels any good?

No. Bride has its moments but is so shit. Everything feels cheap, it lacks the charm of the first, and has some horrendous acting. Never bothered with the 3rd.

>you will never have your wife come back to life and have her be super strong

The girl in the original had the most amazing bush

No way they can compete with that

jeff combs IS reanimator. good luck replacing him

I bet you actually enjoy Stuart Gordon movies

hugh Dancy?

you should watch From Beyond

yes, I do. except for space truckers

fuck yeah

das it mane

the fact that they not only bring back Dr hill after his head is smooshed to pulp, but graft bat wings onto his head so he can fly is one of the dumber things I've seen on film

The first one is truly a cult film. People like it, but it's not exactly good and it doesn't really have the oomf to make a comeback.

Stuart Gordon made some shit movies, but I like them.

Instead of a nice Lovecraft Cinematic Universe we have this reboot, fuck.

I'd rather have re-animator 4 with Combs and Abbot.
something a long the lines of island of dr moreau.
and the story is about a group of people on a boat and then their ship sinks and they end up on an island, and turns out West is there still doing his thing with help of Dan.

But then the native witch dictor isnt pleased and starts killing people or something.

Ends with just West and Dan surviving and running to the beach where they end up getting arrested by the CIA.

Which would lead to Re-Animator 5, where they need West to re-animate the recently deceased president (played by John Goodman)
And the movie would end with insane Goodman nuking the planet.
which would lead into Re-animator 6, where West and Dan walk the wastelands, and a happy West finally has enough subjects to work with.

That's not bad. I like the John Goodman as the president.

They've been keeping you down in the mail room all these years with ideas like these?

I like that

Jeffrey Combs best Herbert.

Did they fuck or what?

>“Our adaptation is a modern rendition of Herbert West – ‘Reanimator’ by H.P. Lovecraft,” Levin tells Bloody Disgusting. “Moreover, we’re making sure that the spirit and the story elements are more loyal to the original written material of H.P. Lovecraft. “It’s much darker, more thought provoking, and definitely more grounded in science than the first adaptation,” he continued. “It will be a true horror film with some neat sic-fi layers.”

>Levin adds: “Staying more true to the short story, we will have Major Eric Moreland Clapham-Lee, as one of the characters from the original written material. Many other story and character elements that I don’t want to reveal yet…resonate with the H.P. Lovecraft’s original vision.”

Honestly I'm okay with this. The Re-Animator movie is a classic and I love it, but it's quite removed from the Lovecraft story. If what these gusy are doing is less a remake and more a re-adaptation, then yeah, I hope it's good.

At least they're not trying to make a teen CW show out of it AGAIN.

I wish Jeffrey Combs had been in more and better movies. He's great in this.

Jeffrey Combs or GTFO

wtf I've never even heard of this

His Ratchet in Transformers Prime wad phenomenal.

this, he's underrated as fuck

>unlocking within her dormant powers that threaten the existence of everyone he knows.
Oh my fucking god again with this special snow flake superpower bullshit, why can't we just have straight horror again?

Stuart Gordon is a GOAT director
My favorite of his is tied between From Beyond and Fortress.

Fortress is an awesome saturday afternoon movie, prime lambert and it's got clarence bodikker as a warden of a futuristic prison that uses explosive collars

>“It’s much darker, more thought provoking, and definitely more grounded in science than the first adaptation,”

thats the same bullshit they all say when doing remakes.. muh more faithful, muh more edgy and real... then you see the movie and it fucking sucks.

holy shit. that sounds good.

I think Jeffrey Combs is in it as well, I can't remember

Neither sequel is nearly as good as the original, but I thought Beyond was pretty solid. Not amazing, but a good deal better than Bride at any rate.

Just when you think Hollywood has finally ran out of horror movies to remake they pull this shit. How long until we get a Return of the Living Dead remake?

Who will play her, in this scene?

I'd like to see Dakota Fanning in it.
what do you guys think?

Reanimator is a dark comedy. making it unironically dark and edgy is missing the point

Don't think it made it beyond the pilot.

Wow, they're re-animating Re-AnimatorI'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK TIP YOUR WAITRESSES

>remake

I guess it never leaked? Would be interesting to see

Someone help me! I can't stop vomiting!

are the sequels any good?

>he didn't like space truckers

see

oh sorry
didn't read the whole thread