I didn't get this

Explain Barton Fink to me Cred Forums.

Why was the fat guy a nazi?

One of the few Genreless movies. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar and a cuck with their mother will die tonight.

was he? He was just a common man.

Fink wanted a common man, he got it.

I can totally understand Barton and the relationship between him and Goodman's character but I didn't get the girl in the beach, that dance scene and nebuchadnezzar thing.Can someone explain it in?

Playwright moves to Hollywood and fails because Hollywood is only interested in shitty wrestling and Transformers movies. And there's this chick on the beach he likes. Also John Goodman shows him the life of the mind.

>Fuck pretentious hollywood liberals - the movie

the Coens followed this with

>fuck pretentious musicians - the movie

and

>fuck pretentious hollywood liberals again - the movie

>Playwright moves to Hollywood and fails because Hollywood is only interested in shitty wrestling and Transformers movies.
>John Turturro later appeared in the Transformers movies
It's like pottery

Pretentious jew writer claims to listen to and write stories about the little guy. Constantly interrupts when the little guy tries to tell a story.

>are you in pictures

Oh really?You must be a genius to understand that.How didn't I get this oh my god silly me.Dude I think we should accept you as our savior I mean with this brain you must be a prophet or something.

so you're saying you want to be shown the light of the mind?

((())) is all about the "common man" but doesn't actually pay any attention to them because it's just virtue signalling

Just like real life.

They way I saw the photo, was that the writer's goal is to create art, but he fails to look into his own life. Or rather, he tries to look into his own life and find that inner pain that he keeps talking about, but he's still disconnected from it and still looking through a pretentious lens.

Eventually, he does go to the beach, and it's sort of symbolic connection that he's learned to take things from his life and create art with it.

Turns out that building was hell.

And this was in a broader sense a metaphor for how academics and politicians think they understand how the common man thinks but they fundamentally don't, and this patronising attitude can lead to the rise of fascism. Hence Goodman's "Heil Hitler". Though I think the Coens said they just had him say that to be surreal and cool.
Barton Fink is too surreal for any definitive analysis.

It's a typical Jew thing. They're writers, but they hate writers, and thus themselves.

All writers hate other writers because all writers know they are pretentious, but pretend they are the only ones who know this, thus allowing them to hate other writers.

I just wanted to add that I'm a writer (I write amateur screenplays and short stories in my free time), and I *get* what it is to be a writer, and I don't think a lot of writers understand that, because whenever someone tells me they're a writer, I know they're a fuck.

Wallace Beery. Wrestling picture. What do you need, a roadmap?

What is that, a vagina?

I hate you just because you're a writer.I hate every single people who wants to be a director or a writer in this world.I want to be a special snowflake but sometimes I see all these ''''''normal''''' people having the same thoughts with me and it devastates me.

jew cuck jealous of alpha southerner

>I'm a writer

No, idiot...you WRITE. "Writer" is what other people call you when you've succeeded.

That's actually solid.

>sometimes I see all these ''''''normal''''' people having the same thoughts with me and it devastates me.
It's all about clarity. If you can say what everyone's thinking in a way that hasn't been said, you get called a genius.

>And this was in a broader sense a metaphor for how academics and politicians think they understand how the common man thinks but they fundamentally don't
This is called the "Burden of Nescience." An underlying tenant of the SNAFU principle. Once you get a handle on the notion the universe starts to make a lot of sense.

you sure showed him! way to be a whiny faggot online as well as in real life

Did you watch the movie?

this

pretty sure that's not what OP missed, unless he's mentally deficient