5 - 4 - 6 - 7 - 1 - 3 - 2

Switch 3 and 1

AOTC is better than ROTS AND TPM

anyone who says otherwise is either a pleb or a memer

Switch 4 and 5

Yea I said it

first post best post

this

Agreed. Empire only works so well because of all the heavy lifting done in ANH.

7 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 6 > Rogue One > Clone Wars > 3

Don't insert cartoons for babies and a movie you haven't seen before into this.

6>4>7>5>3>1>>>>>

4 is the only one that works standalone and sets the scene
5 is world building and story development
6 is the payoff
6 is the best, followed by 4

The Clone Wars movie is part of the SWCU. And i meant the Rogue One trailer.

4>1>2>5>6>7>3

Can't even be bothered to type out why. Star Wars fans are too autistic to show any interest in alternate opinions from their reddit approved purist order.

agreed

5 - 4 - 7 - 6 - 3 - 1 - 2

Only the last ten minutes of 5 develops the story. The rest is just characters running away from the Empire in a series of action sequences. The Luke training scenes are just a rehash of his arc in 4.

Its literally ranked first by reddit because it has more action than other OT films.

Also 5 is wanked over because it's 'dark' and films can't be good unless they are 'dark'.

When did TESB being bad become a thing? It's been my favorite Star Wars movie since I first saw the trilogy in 1995.

It's not bad, it's just not as good as ANH. Empire is babby's first down ending.

ROTJ is better

sure it has the ewoks but it also has jabba the hut and the rancor, the condescending emperor, the best space battle in the series at the end and the best saber fight of the original trilogy

TESB starts out with a great action sequence then spends 40 minutes on a puppet show and ends with a saber fight that isnt as good as jedi

Write something next time so my filter can catch it you fucking autistic nigger

>Filter didn't work, so takes time to shitpost.

Who hurt you, Greg?

The sober fight in Empire is the best shot, but the one in ROTJ has the most meaning. The bit where Luke just wails on Vader is classic.

I dislike Jedi because it shits all over the other two.

Leia being Luke's sister is terrible.
Vader no longer wants to betray the Emperor.
Jabba doesn't do fuck all.
Boba Fett dies like a bitch.
Empire is beaten back by midget bears.
Cinematography looks like a shitty 80s TV show.
Lightsaber fight is poorly choreographed.
Way too many Muppets in Jabba's Palace.
Opening act has fuck all to do with the rest of the movie.
All Leia and Han do in the final action piece is try to open a door.
Second Death Star.
Return to Tatooine for no reason.

This is a respectable opinion, but i'd go

5 - 4 - 7- 6 - 3 - 1 - 2

And Endor, where we spend the last hour of the movie, looks like the woods behind my house so it's not exactly alien.

>TFW when the same autists who've spent years complaining about too many CG characters refer to the inhabitants of Jabba's palace as 'muppets'

5, 4, 7, 3, 6, 1, 2

5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 2

Leia being Luke's sister is terrible. - Not really, Lucas probably was going somewhere with that.
Vader no longer wants to betray the Emperor. - That offer in Empire was desperation on his part.
Jabba doesn't do fuck all. - Except resolve a storyline that ran throughout the first two films and provided Han's entire motivation.
Boba Fett dies like a bitch. - He was only meant to be a minor character, only our collective headcanon made him a badass.
Empire is beaten back by midget bears. - ....and the entire rebel fleet.
Cinematography looks like a shitty 80s TV show. - Debatable.
Lightsaber fight is poorly choreographed. - LOL WUT
Way too many Muppets in Jabba's Palace. - Get out.
Opening act has fuck all to do with the rest of the movie. - Oh god.
All Leia and Han do in the final action piece is try to open a door. - And?
Second Death Star. - Ok, I'll let you have that one.
Return to Tatooine for no reason. - Except that that's where Jabba liv- DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE FUCKING FILM?

You know if anything in star wars can be called a "puppet show" it's Jabba's palace, right? Yoda is an actual character with substance, Jabbas palace is just a Jim Henson wankfest that has nothing to do with the rest of the movie

>Cloud City is just a matte painting wankfest that has nothing to do with the rest of the movie

Anybody can shitpost if you know the secret.

>Leia being Luke's sister is terrible. - Not really, Lucas probably was going somewhere with that.

NOPE- Lucas, even with all his lying and bullshitting even admitted in the 2004 commentary of ROTJ that Leia being Luke's sister was because he couldn't think of who the "OTHER" in TESB was going to be. He literally just picked another lead character and made them a Skywalker on the fly.

>Vader no longer wants to betray the Emperor. - That offer in Empire was desperation on his part.

NO, it's Vader's entire motivation in TESB. Vader wants to turn Luke to the dark side so they can defeat the Emperor together. He even bullshits the Emperor in the hologram scene by hiding the fact that he already knew about Luke being a threat even though the opening crawl establishes that Vader was already looking for Luke.

>Jabba doesn't do fuck all. - Except resolve a storyline that ran throughout the first two films and provided Han's entire motivation.

Jabba didn't do shit though. He just sat still and then got choked by Leia. And the opening is lazy anyway. A hero gets fed to a giant monster and then escapes and then the heroes all get fed to a giant monster and escape.

>Boba Fett dies like a bitch. - He was only meant to be a minor character, only our collective headcanon made him a badass.

I'll give you this.

>Empire is beaten back by midget bears. - ....and the entire rebel fleet.

Rebel Fleet didn't do jack shit on the surface of Endor.

3 > 1 = 5 > 4 > 6 = 7 > 2

7 is fanfiction, and a bad one at that. it's worse than the prequels' worst moments combined. I'm not even joking.

>Cinematography looks like a shitty 80s TV show. - Debatable.

Most of the shots are from a flat angle and poorly lit. Sets look like sets because lighting was piss poor. Richard Marquand and whoever was responsible for cinematography were terrible.

>Lightsaber fight is poorly choreographed. - LOL WUT

Luke looks like he is swinging baseball bat around and Vader takes a knee at the end of the fight because he was just tired I guess. TESB was way better.

>Way too many Muppets in Jabba's Palace. - Get out.

Muppets were put in to draw in the kiddy crowd, same as Ewoks.

>Opening act has fuck all to do with the rest of the movie. - Oh god.

Your response doesn't really give me enough to respond to so...

>All Leia and Han do in the final action piece is try to open a door. - And?

And that's pretty lackluster for two of the three main characters.

>Second Death Star. - Ok, I'll let you have that one.

>Return to Tatooine for no reason. - Except that that's where Jabba liv- DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE FUCKING FILM?

It makes no sense for him to live there. If he lived on tatooine then Luke would have known where to find him and it wouldn't have taken the heroes a YEAR to find out where Han went. Also, if Jabba lived on Tatooine then why would Han have just been hanging out there in ANH if Jabba was after him.

>Rebel Fleet didn't do jack shit on the surface of Endor.

They kept the Imperial fighters from strafing the Rebels on the surface and preventing any troop transports from reinforcing the shield generator.

But muppets pander to kids and matte paintings pander to no one.

user isn't complaining about the muppets, he complaining about the fact they were used to make the movie more kid friendly when they didn't need to do that in the first place.

UMMM... The rebels were out numbered. The only thing keeping the Empire from attacking the Rebels on the surface was the fact that there was no way to have that happen in 1983 given the special effects of the time.

NOTHING was keeping Star Destroyers from blowing the fuck out of the ground troops other than special effects limitations.

Is anyone else bugged by the fact that in ROTJ a couple of grenades in a bunker control room somehow cause a giant shield generator to explode. The generator must have been pretty far from the bunker entrance or else there would have been debris falling where the bunker was.

ALSO, does it bother anyone else that as soon as the Ewoks attack, instead of forming any sort of defensive positions, the Imperial troops just run every which way. They literally just scatter at the first sign of trouble.

Is this a viewing order thread or a quality thread?

Because that's a bad quality order and a worse viewing order.

Chronological (by release) is best, removing prequels is even better.

As for quality:
5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2

I'd switch 6 and 7 because Jedi has the best final battle, but Endor is so goddamn boring.

Also, why does Yoda tell Luke his training is complete when he warned Luke not to confront Vader because his training was incomplete?

Yeah, because kids love the disgusting monsters of Jabba's palace. Every kid on the block had a stuffed Bib Fortuna.

5 4 3 6 7 1 2

You can argue all you want, but those things were put in to appeal to kids. Read the making of books.

And Bib Fortuna isn't a puppet.

2 1 3 6 5 4

agreed

At first

>did this nigga just put the prequels first

But then

>I see what you did there.

5-4--->6-3---->2-7-1

Not sure what you mean.

Correct order is

5>6>4>3>7>1>2

Pretty much anyone who puts any all prequels behind 7 is a pleb.
5>6>4>1>2>7>3

You put 3 behind 7.

This tbqhwyphamilglia

5-4-6-1-3-2-----------------------------...

All prequals. 3 is worse than 7

That comment and putting 6 2nd means i can safely ignore u

/Thread

This entire series is for babies.

Finally the first Star Wars rank thread that's not retarded.

I'll never understand the love for 3, unless you're watching it for the laughable dialog.

That is definitely the casual/mass friendly opinion, yes

5-6-4-the clone wars tv series-3-2-1-7

6 > 4 > 5 > 2 > 7 >3 > 1

>putting the prequels above TFA

6 > 5 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

NO MORE CARTOONS FOR BABIES!

4-5-7-6-null

prequels were bold and original, tfa was a safe and boring rehash. tfa only beats rotj (because 4/5ths of rotj sucks real bad)

Silver Screen Edition 1.6 > Despeciliazed 2.7

4 > 5 > Clone Wars > 6 > 1 > 7 > 3 > 2

>prequels were bold and original

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 2
Sith is more entertaining than TFA.

more original than ur meme response

5>6>4>1>3>7>2

Just my personal list.

Good come back.

Sarcastic.jpg