Did he actually kill anyone?

Did he actually kill anyone?

No, he just checked their dubs

No

Didn't the directress say that she regrets making it so ambiguous as to how much was real because the intent was to say that most of it was real, it's just that he started going really crazy during his final rampage?

Yes.

Well she didn't write the book so who cares

Filmmakers said yes. The final rampage is a hallucination, but he was certainly a killer. Paul Allen may or may not be dead, because it's possible the guy he was calling "Paul" was someone else and was just tolerating it the same way he accepted the name "Marcus". It's also possible the lawyer at the end confused Paul Allen with someone else.

>the guy he was calling "Paul" was someone else and was just tolerating it the same way he accepted the name "Marcus"
Mind blown

Yes he killed people. The fact that he got away with it sybolises self obbessed yuppie culture in the 80's. Everyone was too self involved to notice an actual serial killer

Glad to see someone is taking this thread seriously.

>directress

shut up dude

Why?

Tbh when he goes to his "lawyer" at the end, only to be called Davis by someone he's apparently in constant contact with, I thought perhaps "Patrick Bateman" never actually existed and it's just a character in his mind, whereas he himself is some other dude

It sort of ties in to his monologue towards the beginning

It may be something of a paranormal nature.

They should've called Mulder and Scully.

dubs?

This and only this. The whole book is a pastiche of 80s yuppie culture.

You don't get to bring dubs.

Yup

Even the ones that notice don't care. Like that woman fixing up the apartment to rent it near the end. She realizes he's the killer but only tells him to not comeback cause it'll hurt the bottom line.

Why hasn't anyone acknowledged this guys digits?

>double 17s

Nice

Wait? This is from a movie??????

How did you not know this?

I think you do it like THIS.

Yeah that's the scene where Paul Allen get the axe.

Also check em

>Afraid its too ambiguous
Wasn't that the point? The book is twice as ambiguous, because of how outlandish Bateman's crimes are in the book.

Truly shameful display so far

>lack of dubs so bad people resort to shit like this

Even the lawyer who was explicitly told?

>yfw someone has a better business card than you

No he was just a psycho

Paul Allen is probably alive though

And if he didn't kill him, he never had access to his apartment to store all the bodies

On multiple fronts actually

Not him but I think the lawyer just knew who Bateman was and what he did and was conspiring against him to make his life a living hell.

Trips confirm Paul Allen is still alive!

Nice timestamp to go with those dubs

w o a h

People who think he actually ran around the hotel with chainsaw, no one heard it, and he killed that woman by dropping it. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Nice

But the girl saw everything so it WAS real.

Also, it was the apartment building, not a hotel.

"It's just a movie brah it makes sense"

>Also, it was the apartment building, not a hotel.

Yeah, right.

>But the girl saw everything so it WAS real.

The book is written in a way where even some of his sexual exploits in how he describes it are physically impossible. Do people really not question how much his apartment would stink with those dead bodies in it?

The book is written in a way where he microwaves a jellyfish and eats it

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

This is the only correct answer. It was commentary on yuppie culture but not in that way

Alright lads, time to bring some dubs to this thread. Check em.

So close...

I mean saying definitively that this or that happened or did not happen is retarded because the book is literally written to be as ambiguous as possible. He didn't shoot down a police helicopter with a handgun but he almost definitely killed Paul Allen and stored bodies in his apartment. The attitude of the real estate agent, threatening to call the cops, it points to SOMETHING.

This isn't Cred Forums, this is only a coincidental dubs thread

Check all that you can while having a valid discussion, but go to Cred Forums for posts purely dedicated to acquiring dubs

But I want to make this comment hypocritically, because really I deep down want those digits.

I thought everyone knew this was the prequel to The Dark Knight trilogy?

Paul's alive senpai

Paul?

was getting singles a part of your plan?

>yfw Bale would have been a better Joker than Leto

He used to be a renegade, he used to fool around.

But he never faced the punishment and didn't settle down

Now he's playing it real strict. And yes, he cut his hair.

You might think he's crazy, but he doesn't even care

Bump

ITS HIP TO BE SQUARE

So what was he gonna do with that kitten?
Force it by gunpoint into the card feeder of the ATM?

Huey Lewis himself checking dubs

He has it wrong. She says that she fucked up in that people came away thinking the twist was that it was imagined, rather than it being a question of whether it really mattered if he had killed them

Paul Allen is alive.

Being a psychopath doesn't mean you see hallucinations/delusions of such a degree.

He clearly had something worse going on than psychopathic tendencies.

learn english

>implying anyone with half a brain would go investigate a woman shrieking for her life and chainsaw noises right outside their door
Nobody home nigga. Shades drawn and lights dimmed until that situation is resolved

He wasn't the sanest of minds lad, he's probably force it into the machine

Only if this post is dubs

You. I like you.

Everytime you guys say paul allen was killed by bateman i keep picturing pic related getting shovelled.

Bale's performance in this was tip top tier

the exploding car and the scenes with the ATM and with the attorney made it pretty obvious that everything was just a figment of his imagination

>the exploding car
Nah mate that was totally legit. I played GTA San Andreas and when you shot the gas tank the cars would blow up in one shot, just like real life. Bateman must have just got a really accurate shot or gotten pretty lucky, which resulted in the explosion

Nah if this GTA rules than he would have at least had like 3 stars which he would have no way of outrunning on foot.
The cops would have run up to his apartment room with their broken AI and mostly likely waste Bateman.
Honestly with the Helicopter, he was like at 4 stars.
No way he would have escaped the cops on foot.

You're forgetting a crucial part. Cops literally can't touch you in your safehouse which is where he ended up

I kill these sweet diggets

Ah damn you're completely right.
Valid.
You are correct.
Considering he must have saved after the phone call and wake up hours later from his bed, he could have lost all his stars.
No wonder he was never caught.

Nah he just chicken these

Is it possible to discuss American Psycho anywhere on this site now?

Only the homeless bum.

why do people enjoy these poorly veiled dubs threads? page 10 and not even close to bump limit, abject failure this thread was