The Americans

>The Americans
>Better Call Saul
>Downtown Abbey
>Homeland
>House of Cards
>Mr. Robot

>Game of Thrones - "Outstanding Drama Series"

Game of Throne fans. Look at me. Look at me.... Why? Why do you like it? What is it specifically about the wooden acting, absurd melodrama and cheap visuals that speaks so strongly to you? I'm honestly, genuinely curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L2tQ12lYz-c
youtube.com/watch?v=-hh-52ptifI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dragons

That can't be it

m-muh nudity and edge

dragons commanded by a badass female, what's not to like?

A ton of plot threads, great world building, very entertaining and engaging characters

>wooden acting
>absurd melodrama
>cheap visuals

Those are all qualities in almost all television shows, so this show is well-liked because at least it is entertaining.

And the visual effects lately have been actually better than anything I've seen lately. The dragons in this past season looked better than anything in Captain America, which had a much larger budget. Also, there is good cinematography and not ALL the acting is wooden.

Boobs, also natalie

plot threads fuck off, this show got spastic after season 3

Because the show was great seasons 1-3 and people are still hyped over it

Only non-meme answer you're going to get op, disagree with user or not these are the key things people who like GOT are attracted to

>cheap visuals

None of those shows look as good as GoT

Don't look at me, I've been avoiding this season like plague, season 5 totally killed any interest i could have and the reports on the current season only made me feel good about the decision

The problem lies more on the thousands of people that have spent the last few years constantly hearing about how cool the series is. Even if it turns 100% to shit it'd be hard for people to take notice, it's too big to fail

>The Americans
Good but not well known
>Better Call Saul
Shit (BrBa is a great pleb filter tool)
>Downtown Abbey
Kek isn't this cancelled
>Homeland
Died after season 2
>House of Cards
Sterile series, the fact that Spacey is doing television is the only reason people are watching
>Mr. Robot
Edgy hacker Cred Forums shit

The real travesty was last year when Mad Men didn't win.

:(

season 6 was the best season since season 3

The Reddit sensibilities.

she's fine user she made it out just in time

Game of Thrones not being a great show is one of those things that you dumb, asshurt neckbeards started repeating over and over to each other until it was the Cred Forums version of "fact," not dissimilar to the alt right conspiracy theories you morons think are facts.

Slightly better shit is still shit

I'm not interested in D&D's take on the ASOIAF saga, end of story

I like the characters and the world. I like how they aren't afraid to do things that are controversial and might make people uncomfterable. There's a gritty ness to it as well that I like.

All those shows other than GoT and The Americans are shit.

Your personality is what's shit, not the show.

Why does Halt and Catch Fire never get any love? AMC is the only station currently producing quality network TV, The Walking Dead notwithstanding.

I like all the characters and character building, the visuals (which aren't cheap wtf), the different plots going on, the blood/gore/tits/dragons.

I honestly don't get how people dislike this show and why they all seem to be on Cred Forums.

Are you 12?

You're right, i should stop having an opinion that's not "in", i don't know what got over me

You rally believe that? I don't follow her, but at the start of the season i gave a small look to a video about it from comicbookgirl19 and she apparently had problems with it too

Of course nor she or me are an authority on the subject, but clearly it's not just Cred Forums

Man enjoying things sure is fun. I'm just glad the show started to make actual interesting developments on long gestating plots in season 6. Season 5 spent a lot of its time meandering and I didn't really dig it all that much.

I read all the book before I even watched the show, by several years in fact. I just recently marathoned the show over about 3 weeks and have to say, season 5 is the worst but the quality upcurve for 6 is phenomenal.

My more intelligent friends who watch it seem to clam up and hang their heads whenever I pry just a little and explain why I feel it's an offensively bad show. They know it's bad and on some level they're ashamed for liking it. It makes me feel bad, I never try to make people feel bad for liking a TV show. But after so many years of family, friends and strangers alike becoming confrontational when I say I don't like it or haven't seen x-amount of episodes, it's starting to get on my nerves.

You can have opinions without calling everything "shit" like a deluded hyperbolic neckbeard video game player from Cred Forums. The word shit should have been filtered a long time ago on this site, as the only people who use it are some of the worst people alive, trying to stir up internet arguments because their lives are empty of everything apart from an excess of calories.

You literal shit posters have a severe personality disorder. I wouldn't trust any of your own opinions if I were you.

no, why?

I like how no one mentions the fact that the writing is plain bad.

good show = good writing
bad show = bad writing

got = bad writing

everything else is 14y olds arguing about muh cgi

it actually may edge out TWD for shit writing now, it's not even fucking funny how shit D&D are at writing.

You can dislike the show, but it's not bad.

How the fuck is it bad? I'm no film or television buff/junkie, but when I watch it absolutely nothing about it screams bad.

When I think bad I think Supernatural or Legend of the Seeker.

A majority of GoT fans like it because they are told to. They watch it for the EPIC BIG BATTLES AND SHOCKING CHARACTER DEATHS!!!!!! So pretty much the same reason people watch The Walking Dead just replace big battles with massive Zombie killing and there you have it.

Everyone mentions that. "Bad writing" is the go-to vacuous criticism favored by unintelligent neckbeards as an attempt to paint their subjective, absurd gripes as objective faults in the material.

>I'm no film or television buff/junkie
well, of course you wouldn't think it's bad

Grow up.

Well honestly I adored the books and only started watching the series after and was greatly let down by it, the timelines are all different than originally and intertwined timelines/ lives have been jiggered with so its more contrpversial( more 'Hollywood friendly', sexy etc )

It's pretty poorly done and written but with such a strong basic story and idea behind it I can see why people who have only watched it not read it why they like it even though it's just average,

Just my opinion though

I don't understand how a grown, intellectually-able person can watch this and not giggle, or at least concede in conversation that it's corny.

youtube.com/watch?v=L2tQ12lYz-c

Honestly you'd have to be a fucking retard to think the show still makes sense and isn't contrived as fuck at this point.

>"Bad writing" is the go-to vacuous criticism
Maybe when you're a child

Grow up, read some fucking books, watch actual good shows. Then you'll notice bad writing.

>badass female
Read a book. Watch more television. Stop sucking dicks.

KINOGRAPHY

>cheap visuals
GOT probably has the best visuals of any TV show ever 2bh

The thing that really brings the show down is its absolutely horrible writing in recent seasons. Especially that Arya episode last season I mean wtf

I do notice bad writing. Every single time a Cred Forums poster elaborates on an accusation of bad writing it turns out that they're actually retarded. Every single time. GoT has a few iffy moments that gluttonous morons like you love to exaggerate the faults of and pretend they constitute the entire show, but by and large the writing is the same as every single other HBO drama I've seen: great.
I can tell just by your posting style that you're one of those inbred drooling imbeciles whose complaints are difference from the source material, which is never an argument.

You solved the problem right there, user. This is Cred Forums, and objectively speaking, you can't satisfy 99% of the fucks on this board. If the rest of the world likes it, Cred Forums doesn't unless Cred Forums comes to a hivemind consensus, and then pretends they liked it all along. This is one of THE most cancerous boards on Cred Forums.

What characters do you like?
Dany, the dragon queen who looks deadpan and kills sexist men?
Jon Snow, a bland, moody teenager who is incapable of doing anything right except swinging his sword around?
Cersei, who was a bitch in season 1, then acted drunk and stroppy for everything up to ep 10 of season 6, where she killed everyone?
Tyrion, the perfect dwarf who makes cock jokes and drinks?
Sansa, who isn't really a character at all?

There is not one character on the show written consistently, or who behaves as a real person would. Characters simply do what the plot needs them to do, regardless of past opinions or personality. In good narratives, characters drive plot. In shit narratives, and in GOT especially, the plot (and usually the shocking twists) drives everything else and nnothing else matters.

Give all the props you want to the budget, the special effects and the direction. But the writing and the characters are shit.

Holy shit, you're a fucking moron.

When it comes to TV shows there are multiple that this board agrees are great you baby.

>Sopranos
>The Wire
>Deadwood
>Twin Peaks
>Rome
>The Leftovers
>Band Of Brothers

Are all considered great by mostly everybody here, you get the occasional contrarian but that is it.

You GoTfags are such fucking babies.

Fine, I'll bite.

When LF's army shows up in ep 9, where did they come from?

D and D's ass that's where.

You're mistaking your own lack of mental coherence for a lack of coherence in the show. No character has changed their personality, none of your descriptions of the characters are remotely accurate (and you managed to fit in proof that you're an whiny alt right wing SJW abortion in there too, bravo).

One thing I've noticed about GoT is that people who dislike it tend to make long posts in which, somehow, every single point they make is wrong. It's like you're satirical of people and not actually people, because no one is really this stupid.

They don't feel like characters anymore. Feels like they're just moving the "plot" forward (while still having massive filler which doesn't deepen Westeros). Also all the main characters left sincerely can not act. Jon Snow can't act. Mother of Burgers can't act. Littlefinger... get real. Sansa, Arya, Bran, can't act. Lena Headey really can't act either but at least she's a good meme.

>the writing is the same as every single other HBO drama I've seen: great.
I refuse to believe anyone really thinks this. Seriously comparing The Sopranos with this bottom of the barrel pleb drivel... 10/10 you got me

Sansa changes character sometimes in the course of a single episode.
I guess I was wrong to say Jon Snow changes. he was surly and quiet in season 1, and he's surly and quiet in season 6. Even after dying. That's some impressive character development right there.

Opinions that all of those shows are "shit" become more and more prevalent the more people have seen it. Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, and the Leftovers are mainly considered bad here now, while Band of Brothers can't be discussed at all because of the alt right infestation. Deadwood has a positive consensus but that's only because the average IQ here is too low for anyone to follow the Shakespearean-Western dialogue.

>GoT
>character building

stop it

I was fine with the show winning the directing awards, even tough Winds of Winter was better, but best drama it is not. The show just isn't well written or acted. This season would be worse than season 5 if it weren't for a few good moments.

The writing's gotten way too repetitive and self indulgent. How many times do we need to see Ramsay being an evil mastermind? We've had 3 seasons with this character, and he's had very little depth to his character since his introduction. It seems like Euron's going down this exact same path. How many times do we have to see Tyrion making a funny quip with Missandei and Grey Worm? How many times do we need to see Daenerys making an impactful speech about her going to take over Westeros? How many times do we have to see the common people having disgusting and juvenile "banter" before they're all murdered? I swear this happened at least three times last season.

Half the actors are bad, Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner, etc. And if they aren't badly acted, their characters are either boring, Jon Snow, Missandei, Grey Worm, or have nothing to do, Tyrion and Theon.

Plot threads are either thrown away or half-assed, such as The High Sparrow and Margaery's plans, Oberyn Martell and the Sand Snakes, Davos caring about Jon Snow, Tyrion and the slaves, Roose Bolton's death, Tower of Joy, Euron taking over the islands, Rickon and Osha's death, Arya's training, etc.

I could keep going about the continuity and lore errors, but the worst part of the show is simply the lackluster writing.

>Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, and the Leftovers are mainly considered bad here now,
no they aren't you delusional fucking retard

I like all of those characters and they are written consistently. Tyrion is a narcissistic whoremonger in S1, but does that mean he HAS to be that way in S6? Who says characters can't change or grow? Your entire point is fucking bullshit, and simplifying each character with your negative opinion of them doesn't really compel me to believe you actually know what you're talking about.

If the books didn't exist and only the first episode of the show was aired as a special or something, it'd be one of the most hated things HBO's ever done. I remember feeling betrayed and cheated.
>oh, all right, they killed Sean, the only actor I've seen in the past hour who isn't completely dreadful, but at least they have all these other, awful people
Killing off characters mid-arc because you've got lots of others to replace them is not justified and shows you can't see things through and be imaginative as a writer. That's why I've never seen more than a couple episodes.

Tits.

Ok so you simply have no experience.

If you don't read or enjoy good TV then you're threshold for "quality" is significant lower.

Fixing plot holes (that GoT definitely has) is RUDIMENTARY. Good writing with bad plot holes can be average. Once you fix all plot holes so that it all makes sense it can be a step above.

And when you have flawless writing AS WELL as more depth and supplementary flourishes then you have "great" writing. You admitting that it has faults alone proves that it isn't "great writing"

The only way that "Great writing" can have any faults, let alone as many as GoT, is if you're experience of writing is so shallow that flawed writing is an accepted norm.

Also forgot Sansa not telling Jon about LittleFinger's army.

If they can't act why is HBO paying them to act?

I like the ice monsters. Storylines in the North remind me of Skyrim.

You are either trolling or a fucking idiot.

The absolutely only reason the sandniggers bowed to the fat alien retard white bitch is because they know as soon as they step foot in Westeros it's raping time? They're not actually breaking character like every "fan" expects, right?

I just got finished watching through Deadwood for the 5th time and I think GoT has great writing, a few minor moments aside.

Then again I'm capable of remembering that the sheer amount of plot to get through means that cuts need to be made, so I don't hold that against it like you neckbeards do with your laughable agendas against media that you have. Translating ASOIAF to film according to the standards that you fucking losers want would be literally impossible. I challenge you for a moment to sit down and think on where you would even fucking START putting those pages into a movie script, deciding what to keep, what to change, what to throw out. There's absolutely no way to do it while satisfying the types of stormfat retards who post here.

legit one of the dumbest, shittiest posts I've ever read on this site, if you were actually trying to make us think you're retarded then congratulations.

Pretty suspicious that this is the only place on the internet where people can really speak their mind about this shitshow.

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE STUPID SHITTY BOOKS YOU GODDAM RETARD

the show is only being judged on its own quality as a show and it fails

goddam watch something well written once in your life

That post isn't an opinion, it's just an observation that threads on all of those shows are primarily meme-spamming 12 year olds and inflammatory comments that the show is le "shit" buzzword.

People dislike GoT here because it's popular, and that's the only reason. You think it makes you cool to dislike it.

Seriously, you're really good at this, I'm actually convinced you're one of the dumbest persons on this site.

Not a fan of the books.

But an adaptation is meant to remedy the faults of the source material, if you are slavishly faithful to a flawed source material you are retarded.

Similarly, if you adapt a source that can't translate to your format but fail to account for those limitations you are also retarded.

There was absolutely no resolution or motivation to Sansa not telling Jon about Little finger's army. All we get is a belated apology with NO elaboration. "LOL sorry that I almost got you and everyone all killed for absolutely no reason! I have no idea why I did it!"

Literally the explanation. There others here, but if you're deluded enough to accept that as "good" then what's the fucking point.

Saying bad writing over and over isn't an argument. You say GoT has bad writing because you're a fatass who gets riled up over popular things. This is due to your complete lack of positive human characteristics; you latch onto vapid, counterfeit sources of self-esteem like adopting a pretentious, contrarian attitude towards entertainment.

I loved this show throughout, even managed to enjoy S5 despite the huge stepdown, I've rewatched the whole series 3+ times.

S6 was the laziest season of a show I'd ever seen, it's like they only had a week to write it.

TRIPS OF RAPE

I say GoT has bad writing because I've seen enough good TV to see the difference. If GoT is good, what is Mad Men, Sopranos, the best episodes of TNG?
Fuck off back to facebook

But calling everyone a retard over and over IS an argument?

Ok, I'll give an example.
Sansa Stark - naive girl obsessed with chivalry in season 1. No problem; plenty of room for development.
Season 2; still naive, not proactive, but has a nice bit of back and forth with Shae and Tyrion in Blackwater, suggesting she is learning to hide her feelings and play the game.

Season 3; is told she is to marry Loras, gets excited, can't spot that he's not interested in her - the whole thing is played for laughs. Cries a lot. Marries Tyrion, does what he says.

Season 4 - Explains her feelings to Tyrion about her family's murder (committed by Tyrion's family) does nothing, gets rescued by LF. Changes her dress and starts to play the game.

Season 5 - Back to being idiotic, obeys LF's orders without question, antagonizes a family of flayers, gets raped, shouts at a fellow victim. Lights a candle, picks a lock. Cries a lot.

Season 6 - spends two episodes crying, has a reuinion with Jon, her only surviving family. Reams out LF for implementing a plan she agreed with. Starts to distrust Jon because LF reminds her he's only her half brother. Tries to get LF's help after turning down a few episodes before. Persuades Jon to attack Ramsay because he has Rickon. Tries to persuade Jon not to attack Ramsay because they are not ready. Doesn't tell Jon about the Vale Knights because she doesn't trust him, even though he is fighting a war for her. Has Ramsay eaten by his dogs, even though she didn't hear him talk about them at the parlay. Meets LF, turns down his proposal of the two of them ruling together, still thinks it's a good idea.

Sansa ISN'T a character. She does what the plot needs her to do, or acts however a particular scene requires. There is no consistency whatsoever in how she is written.

There obviously is a motivation behind it as they get into an argument where Jon says something like "What larger force?!" and Sansa stands there conflicted over whether to tell him or not. Possibly she didn't trust Jon to go through with the invasion if he had to rely on Littlefinger's army. The conflict between those three will obviously be a major plot line next season. The fact that you think something like this is an example of bad writing is representative of why you deserve to be ignored. Your opinions are shit and you're stupid.

I used to be a huge /got/fag, with Baratheon wallpapers and everything. Now I fucking hate the show. GRRM too. Why does everything have to turn to shit?

The Leftovers or The Knick were both better and they weren't even nominated. At least the picks for the miniseries categories were solid.

>The conflict will obviously be a major plotline next season

>cheap visuals

Name two other shows that have more expensive visuals.

Every episode of the show has an analysis by this youtube channel New Rockstars. At first I was put off because they put clickbait red marks in their thumbnails and have somewhat superficially off-putting presenters, but a few minutes in and you recognize that they're legit. They absolutely blow the fuck out of "muh bad writing" neckbeards and do so while being rather unbiased, mentioning moments that they feel are suspect.

youtube.com/watch?v=-hh-52ptifI

That's the analysis for 6x10, serves as a good example of how they blow out contrarians in every episode, at least for season 6.

>longer than the actual episode
fuck off faggot

Jon wants to save Rickon. That was his motivation for marching to winterfell, which Sansa herself put in motion. We have been given no indication whatsoever that he would decide not to attack Ramsay simply because some Vale Knights would be helping him. Where is the conflict here?

Sansa doesn't tell him because they wanted to do the "surprise cavalry saves the day" for the fourth time on this show. There is no other reason.

>open vid
>skip a couple minutes
>it's just explaining ebin pottery
Yeah, don't need to watch this to know it's dumb as fuck.

If you're the type of person who gets really into fandom then you're a neckbeard who never had a valuable opinion in the first place. Your image proves this too; a screenshot of a person in motion looking weird isn't funny. Memes aren't funny. Being really loose with the word "hate" is also a sign of a mentally ill Cred Forums poster who has no rational opinions. You're a legit retard and somehow you think you aren't.

The fact that it's longer than the episode and none of it is filler but entirely actual analysis is a positive sign, not a negative sign. Grasp at straws harder dumbass.

>references, themes and symbolism are invalid if i just call them "ebin pottery"

Cringed hard. Kill yourself, shitposter.

Can one of you numales shill Arya's season 6 scenes?

again proving how retarded you are

bad writing is about how the show tells a story, develops characters, presents them with situations to which they respond according to their own personality and not the desires of the plot

your shitty youtube crab only cares about the entirely pointless consistency of the universe. No serious adult cares about some callback to 6 seasons earlier of a plot point or some minor detail. Nobody cares about the technobable in star trek making sense, thats not what makes the show great, but the fact that the characters are well written and respond to believable situations in a coherent matter.

lol, please please please have sex.

Thane?

The show doesn't do callbacks or consistency well.

Good luck asking how many Kingsguard there are, how many people are on Arya's kill list, how powerful the faith is, how important moat cailen is or how many northern lords there are.

The show can be consistent if it doesn't affect the plot. If it does, it goes right in the fucking garbage.

>Shit (BrBa is a great pleb filter tool)
I would bet a ton of money you haven't watched Better Call Saul. It's very different from Breaking Bad. BB was all about explosive plot twists, BCS is a lot slower and focuses more on character development than plot twists.

Apparently it does do callbacks and consistency well if the only criticisms you can think of are insignificant or ambiguous at worst and complete lies at best.

Do GoT fans think shilling the show out the ass makes up for the fact that they're all filthy pirates living with mommy?

Everything that happens in this show is driven by plot.
They sit down one day, look at point A, where everyone is at the end of last season, and point B, where they need everyone to be next season. They decide how they get there and divide it by ten.

Characters, coherence, storytelling, creative talent, all a thrown in the trash. The only thing that matters is what fucking happens, not why. It is exactly the same shit as other normie crap. Remember when Harry Potter books were still coming out and the kids would go out to the library and just read the end? Because the only purpose is to know what happens. And that's the definition of bad writing.

They've deluded themselves into thinking they can convince Cred Forums it isn't a steaming pile of shit.

>Number of norhtern lords
>people on Arya's kill list
>Power of the Faith
how is any of that unimportant. It directly affects events and motivations.

House of Cards, Mr. Robot and Better Call Saul are all far better than Game of Thrones.

got is a genuinely bad serial

the fact that half the episodes cant stand on their own and people still defend it is beyond me

you're making a tv show, not a 10 hour movie. Your obligation is to make good episodes, not hide behind "it will make sense when you watch everything"

american crime story was a genuinely good serial, every single episode stood on its own

The showrunners forgot that individual scenes were supposed to be good and not just stepping stones on the way to an ebin twist.

>alt right conspiracy theories
Wow, you have terrible taste and shill for Hillary. You should seriously consider suicide.

It's so weird to me how tv drama has forgotten how to be satisfying on an episode-to-episode level. When did it happen?

The Sopranos was always great as a piece and a whole, but by the time Breaking Bad came out the trend was to drag and stretch things out to fit runtimes for the episode or season and just throw in some action/cliffhanger to make it seem like you saw anything of substance

it's a "the redditor reveals himself" episode

Thank you for Correcting The Record.

Another year I have to praise this shitty show so my fanbase doesn't splinter against me. Thanks kikes.

>not developing a fanbase of people who watch the show but also hate it

House of Cards is COMPLETE SHIT

Mr Robot should have won.

(you)

She literally has the worst pancake tits ever