Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
youtube.com/watch?v=L-bQtXv68a4
youtu.be/KgHftsimpc4
youtube.com/watch?v=aSPZd9z3v5Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no fucking around R rating
lol its a kids show bruh

Please tell my my love Emily browning is in it again?

>I only watched the shitty Jim Carrey movie
"no"

Had no idea this was in the making

>Kronk
You mean Puddy

they're kids books. you read them when you were 8 years old. the show is for kids.

This has the potential to be outstanding. A perfect blend of the dark and macabre with absurdity and odd characters and world.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

And a meme actor as Olaf

>the guy who wants an edgelord R-rated version of a kid book is posting this

>R rating
Are you serious? They're literally kids books. They're not really any darker than Roald Dahl stuff.

The only thing killing my hype right now is Neil Patrick Harris. Maybe he'll surprise me.

>R Rating
bullshit

they are going for the same look with Malina Weissman

it's gonna be better than the film in every way besides cinematography

Gay boi better be wearing lifts to make himself taller than six foot.

So every way except the most important? Into the trash I goes

I know the perfect person or the role

Brock Samson

Roald Dahl didn't have his characters being killed with harpoons, or suffocated by fungus growing in their lungs, burned/eaten alive. Unfortunate Events actually has a lot of gruesome deaths.

>8 Ball is lemony snicket

Well that's different at least.

Stop being standoffish.

D S L
S
L

Shh, he didn't actually read the books, he's just assuming it's for kids because he saw a shitty Nickelodeon kid's movie

Am I going to V& if I look for more pictures

m8 it's still a kids book

You haven't read a lot of Roald Dahl books then.
They were full of children being eaten alive and tortured.

you'd only get v& if it was an habit and you had like thousands of nude pics on your hard drive lad, relax

I didn't realize Netflix movies had ratings. I'm surprised it's not PG-13, considering the target audience of the books.

>it's an optometrist gets pushed onto a circular saw episode

oh haha no problem here then haha

True, but Charlie and the Chocolate Factory got pretty dark at times. No matter what people say, Unfortunate Events was always a kids story, a dark one, but still for kids. Of course reading about something and seeing it is different, so if they want to be true to the books the R rating will help, I just hope they don't purposefully make it super edgy.

I've read every single one, although I haven't re-read any since The End came out which is 10 years ago now. Sorry I don't spend all my time reading and re-reading kids/YA fiction.

Neil Patrick Harris looks lile he has aids and he will kill this series

It isn't going to be R, OP doesn't know what he's talking about

>It's an Olaf hints that after he marries Violet he's going to give her the 'ol Lickaroo' episode.

Then again, that's most of Cred Forums as well.

>book target audience grows up, show clearly targeted towards them
Series is older than you seem to think, I read them in middle school and I'm in my late 20s now

Okay, I'm excited for this now.

It is LITERALLY a children's book series, however dark it may be.

haha

When's this shit gonna air? They finished filming in August, and we haven't seen a single trailer or promotional image.

Unless you count the not-real-but-still-probably-real youtube teaser.

Tell that to the people that thought this was a good idea:
youtube.com/watch?v=L-bQtXv68a4

she is an actress in television and films user, this isn't "deep web" stuff we're talking about here

Lemony Snicket > Count Olaf > Sunny > Violet > Klaus > Beatrice > Hook Handed Man > Person Who Looks neither Like a Man or a Woman > Duncan and Isadora Quigley > Powder-Faced Woman > Mr Poe > Carmelita Spats > Mr Poe

>sunny > violet > klaus
how very Cred Forums

Who should they cast for Esme next season? If we're only going through book 4 she won't be involved for now.

Feet first and gets only a little scuffle on his little piggies.

I think you're misremembering (or maybe I am). I'm pretty sure Charles was tied down and his feet got scratched but he was ultimately rescued. But the optometrist fell onto the saw and died.

oh. i thought lemony snicket was the name of that boy character and the series of unfortunate events was his, you know, the events are happening him so they're his series of unfortunate events. fook me.

Not the user you're replying to, but I honestly don't get the R rating on that one. It's really not that much more graphic than Lord of the Rings and the movie in general isn't nearly as creepy as those movies. I wouldn't have given a shit at all as a kid. Then again, I saw Starship Troopers when I was 7, so different perspective, I guess.

hopefully they'll graphically show the boy rape scene. I WANT TO SEE THAT NAOWWWW!

That girl looks 10. Wasn't violet supposed to be 14?

>Wanting old dried up hag instead of prime cunny

what show or film is that vid clip from?

The hobbit

R rated cut of the third Hobbit movie.

what are those bouncy balls looking at

Is Netflix the new prime peddler of pedo core?

>tfw re-reading as an adult and realizing that charles and sir were flaming faggots the whole time

>reddit theories

I'm in the exact same boat. The only things I've ever seen him in is that awful mother show and the Harold and Kumar movies. And the smurfs. Everything else sounds good though so Im moderately hype

Jim Carrey was great as Count Olaf, though. Absurdity was the whole point of the series. Maybe you missed it as a kid but stop this "We demand to be taken seriously" whining. Not everything has to be Game of thrones.

NPH will never top Carrey's Stefano.

He is actually a character in the story. He never appears and talks to them, but his existence plays a decent amount into the story. Stuff about his sister, and the woman he was in love with, and stuff like that.

It's written from his perspective, about the baudelaire orphans

He was supposed to be a lot more scary though. He was always a bit absurd and ridiculous, but the guy WAS trying to kill them. He hit them a lot, too.

The film was a solid 7/10. The visuals were gorgeous and everything else was solid and captured the source material well. Other than Carrey's overacting I don't know what could be improved in a remake. The books are entertaining as far as children's literature goes but let's not pretend that they are anything more than Harry Potter tier formulaic pulp.

>let's not pretend that they are anything more than Harry Potter tier formulaic pulp.
They absolutely were better than that. Everything was far more interesting and smart and the descriptions were more vivid. They weren't as 'big', but they were far less shit

I remember stopping reading when he pulled off a "if we kill them then we'll be just like them" when they had the bad guys at their mercy

>comparing anything to Harry Potter
Why would you do this? Why would you subject anything to being compared to the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Lot of people calling them kids books and yeah they are kids books because we all read them as kids but whats stopping them from being books for adults? I think the themes and ideas in them are fine for adults and the stories told arent dumb down for kids. The only parts that seems strictly dumbed down is the narration about what words mean. but really the simple metaphors he uses to describe the problems the orphans face arent at all simple or bored. I see no reason why it cant be a mature kids show.

Ontop of the fact we here are all adults talking about these fuckign kids books and looking forward to watching a show based on them....i think thats pretty telling that an adult or R version isnt something that shouldnt be done..

those two guys are cute

I mean it was extremely heavily implied but he never outright said "these characters are fags" so I guess you can call it a theory

The narration about what the words mean are great even as an adult.
Not because we don't know what the words mean, but because they often contain jokes or puns. A lot of the times they aren't exact dictionary definitions, but something that might give further insight into the action or characters.

For example:
>user was acting autistic. A word which here means: "repeatedly posting the same critique of Harry Potter on a website devoted to Micronesian smoke signals"

tbf these aren't like superheroes. They're actually just kids contemplating murder.

Wasn't their main reason that 'we have been framed for a crime already, and we can't prove ourselves innocent if we literally kill some people'?

exactly, the books are wonderful whether youre 8 or 68. and honestly i dont give a fuck what the rating is for the fucking show. Im very excited for it either way and my only hope is that we see all of it. I trust snicket to stay true to his own work so, i just hope it doesnt turn into the fucking movie all over again.

The fact that you feel the need to ask that tells me you're already on a list bud. Wipe your harddrive before they decide to take action.

>Mr. Poe twice
>and so far down the list
I dunno user...

DUDE COUGHING LMAO

The autism dripping from this is astonishing.

Unf

Why did you put "no" in quotes

Can't wait to see a baby get in a swordfight with her teeth in live action

Un. F.

>no fucking around R rating
they're kid's books. i read them in primary school. what the fuck are they doing

>I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times

Now, that is overly dedicated. Dedicated to the point of obsession. Pretty much text book autism.

Fuck off Jim.

They literally gave up and stopped doing it. How can you call that dedicated lol. Also it's copypasta.

OP's retarded

it's on Netfix, it doesn't get rated

If you actually go back and look at them, it'd be difficult to adapt them WITHOUT a fairly strong rating. Books get away with a lot of stuff. There was some pretty messed up death in ASOUE

youtu.be/KgHftsimpc4

OP is this you?

Still pretty autistic, real patricians would have a notepad.

wait a minute i recognize that autist

youtube.com/watch?v=aSPZd9z3v5Y

>tfw up to 5th grade you and 2 female friends spent years reading these books, no cares in the world
>talking about mysteries
>dissecting the opening and closing images for secrets
>looking at the chapter header illustrations for hints to VFD
>read Lemony Skicket's Unotherized Autobiograpy for more secrets
>grow out of them way before the last one
>see shitty movie and forget it forever
>going to watch this now for serious nostalgia purposes and to see how it ends.

heh, that sure sounds like one miserable mill

Go read the books again. They hold up excellently and you can read one of them in a day really.

I hope Tim Curry voices Snicket again

Is this performance art?

it's method acting

4 what moovy?

your biopic

What about the Man With A Beard But No Hair and the Woman With Hair But No Beard?

>it's a theater troupe member is eaten alive by starving lions episode

A Series of Unfortunate Events is old news. Call me when they are doing All the Wrong Questions.

Later ones took me a couple of days when I reread them (maybe if you spent more time on them each day you could do them in one), but either way they're pretty short.

what's your #?

>confirmed waifus cast

Tell me more

Moxie is my waifu

Same thing I am

But that was Jude Law

What the hell man, she's a kid. Don't say shit like that

He did do the audiobook though.

>Netflix

All story, no art direction. Dropped.

He's a nice man user, he may be incompetent but the man does try, and he never gave up on them even after they went off on their own.

Step off man, she's my waifu.