TV Ratings: Emmys Sink To New Low

>Per Nielsen Media, the primetime block of ABC's telecast averaged an all-time low 11.3 million viewers and a 8.4 overnight rating among households. That's down 5 percent from the low set in 2015.

>Improvement was desperately needed. The TV Academy and ABC were no doubt hoping there was nowhere to go but up after the 2015 telecast bottomed out as the all-time lowest-rated and least-watched. The initial 8.7 overnight rating ultimately translated to 11.9 million viewers, below the previous all-time low set all the way back in 1990.
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/emmy-ratings-sink-new-low-929796

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8cKwEmY-uYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i read an article about this kike in the new yorker a few weeks ago. fucking disgusting.

I've never watched this bitch's show, but I do have Amazon Prime, so Amazon already has my money. Am I supporting this show even though I don't watch it?

What does she plan on doing after she "topples the patriarchy" exactly?

Force everyone to be trans? Take estrogen? I don't understand.

They're pandering to children, what did they expect? Kids don't actually watch awards shows, talk shows, etc, no matter how hard Reddit shills them.

Broadcast TV is dying

Oh boy mayhaps this is my chance to mention BASED NETFLIX? :D

Subscribe to Netflix you guys. They've got Stranger Things and Luke Cage comes out next week!

People probably realized awards shows are a self-masturbatory and meaningless scam. The White Guilt Oscars probably didn't help.

Why would anyone watch a 3 hour broadcast with ads every 4 minutes when they could check twitters every 5 to see who just one and see all the speeches on youtube the next morning?

>yfw it was beat by the jon benet ramsey special

>Game of Reddit winning Best Drama
good, they fucking deserve it

Who the fuck said you could shill on my turf? If I see you here again they'll be scraping brains off the sidewalk.
And to everyone else, don't forget tomorrow is tuesday, meaning all day matinee pricing at your local amc theater with your stubs card, go see crappy movies at the price they deserve, $5.

>cater to le millenial sjw's

>forget that millenials don't watch television and instead watch pirated streams of a show that they could get for free with an antenna

Netflix is garbage doe

>pander to Meme of Thrones fans hoping it gives the Emmys a ratings spike like when they pandered to Breaking Bad bandwagoners
>ratings hit the lowest ever anyway
wew lad

>force feed diversity down everyone's throats
>still no one watches it

Holy shit my Amazon Prime shekels are going to this bitch?

UNSUBSCRIBE

How did this make you feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=8cKwEmY-uYI

>What went wrong?

No one really cares about awards shows anymore.

I know. It's a great service, but I'm thinking that if they already have my money, they don't care if I don't watch that particular show. I just want to see Woody Allen's new show.

kek did he died?

Nope still going strong

You just gotta order a lot of stupid shit for a dollar a day apart so you get the most out of your Prime™ membership while wasting as much of their money as you can.

I like to order each individual item separately, even if I'm ordering several things. Sometimes they have that thing where if you let them ship the item a few days later, they give you a one dollar digital store credit. I've gotten several free dollars for music downloads that way.

>What went wrong.

Nothing. The internet happened 20 years ago and people stopped giving a fuck about television. Same thing happened to radio but, back then, they realized it.

Bunch of old, stupid, fat, ignorant morons think people want to watch television awards shows. Give me a fucking break.

But last years Super Bowl had the highest rating in decades

good lad

As someone who didn't watch this year...not too surprised, honestly.

Award shows have been crap this year, and the Emmys are almost always guaranteed to be worse and more boring than the Oscars or the Golden Globes.

A big, key thing is that television is more splintered than ever, and there's more shit to watch than ever. As a result, the truly average Joe will probably have seen ... none of many shows getting nominated.

And sure, that's kinda true for movies and the Oscars, too. But Oscar season is an excuse to go out and see those movies, and you'll be fully caught up in the conversation in just 2-3 hours.

Conversely, you have to watch an entire season of TV, across various shows, to be fully up-to-date. Not worth the time or effort, especially when a lot of those shows are overrated anyway.

Well cause its fucking predictable

A bunch of mundane, PC, worksafe, non-christian but still moral as fuck, preachy garbage shoved out over and over while more than half is reboots or remakes...

AND NOBODY GIVES A FUCK?!

lol

>le reddit
Die
>Millennial
Isn't everybody on this fucking site a damn millennial? Or have we always had grandpas browsing Cred Forums?

Like 98% of this board is Gen Z

You forgot the part where she patted herself on the back for bravely portraying ornery Jewish people as if there is some shortage of that in Hollywood

>Neckbeards see low ratings
>"We did it guys! everyone is redpilled and soon the 4th Reich will rise!"
>Just ignores that nobody watches TV in general anymore

Me and my girlfriend had the tv on all last night while she worked, but we just watched SVU reruns. 3+ hours of bad cop drama is more appealing to two average viewers than this shit was.

I just don't see how anyone ever wanted to watch it outside of having nothing else on and wanting to see the winners. For as long as I've been aware everyone complains about awards broadcasts. The internet cuts that out for them. I don't see a problem for ABC to fix, it's just dead. There's no going back

don't these people KNOW that if they keep saying this shit and further dividing the American people there really will be A SECOND CIVIL WAR. it will take some years but all this anger and hate will build up and all hell will break lose. how can these far left morons not see this

how did she win a trophy in the face of this extreme patriarchy?

Sports is an exception to the rule and people will go out of their way to watch it live. No one really cares the same about Game of Thrones or whatever.

I honestly thought the thumbnail in the catalogue was Eric Roberts.

Not that retarded looking dyke monster.

I have no idea who this useful idiot is, but her face looks uncannily like that of the woman from that image macro that says "Europe will not be the monolithic societies of the past...Jews will be resented for our role" etc.

>Just ignores that nobody watches TV in general anymore
That's exactly what people in this thread are saying though.

>going up against Packers vs Vikings in a new stadium and not expecting to get BTFO

That's because you're not going wait to watch a stream of a football game after it happens, dingus.

Why don't they?

damn that's pretty smart b

Not enough trannies obviously
People are tired of cis gendered white males

Not only that but it was a close game so people were less likely to change the channel

>Game of Thrones sweeps over better shows/actors

deserves it

if you were born after 1985 you are a millenial

That's exactly what the illuminati wants.

I quickly scrolled the thread and didn't see it. Who is this creature

They know exactly what they are doing. They just played their hand too soon and underestimated the amount push back.

Europe happened too soon and that migrant fiasco has turned a lot of White people who wouldn't have otherwise got involved in conservative politics involved.

The battle lines are being totally redrawn in the culture war right now. You have christian conservatives and gay atheists working together against Islam in Europe now because the gays know they have it better in western democracy than a caliphate and the white nationalist groups that would not accept gay members have literally had to start allowing them because so many gay men in Europe want to oppose globalism now.

I think things like that are why the establishment doesn't quite understand the alt-right. It just does not line up with any direct parallels in recent history.

So how do we save the Emmys?

Surprised NPH drew such a crowd

We don't. Let them burn, as all award shows should.

Save the money by not hosting them.

In the era of Youtube top 10 or 20 or whatever number list videos people don't need a big hours long annual list video of the "official" best of whatever.

Kill 98% of the voting base so they don't give awards to GoT and trannyshit

People still watch sports and political debates.

Stay mad Cred Forumsmblr

If you were born after 2000 you're gen z and the average age is 14

Make better television.

ignorant faggot

butthurt millennial

Fucking spot on post, user.

I'd give you a firm handshake if I met you.

What is important is that people pushing the movement like Gavin McIness have been able to keep the narrative on our side able being rooted in shared western philosophy and not about race. In Canada it's impossible for the media to get away with calling him racists because his wife and kid are POC and unlike in the US court of public opinion a white man with a non-white wife is untouchable because its the pairing they are pushing hard in the MSM narrative.

> le man wearing a wig and mutilating his penis makes him a woman mey mey xDD

>le qt grills have an easier life and loads of attention, I wanna be an qt grill now mey mey xDD

everything has a political agenda, who wants to watch this shit

Yeah but the NFL is showing games on fucking twitter now. They know TV is numbered (not that the NFL has a bright future)

I honestly had no idea the Emmys were even on until the next day when I saw an article about how many Emmys the worst season of GoT received

>another self congratulatory Hollywood circle jerk that means literally nothing

And nothing of value was lost.

And very probably the Oscars will do even worse this year.

>that part where he interviews black people who were upset about no black people being nominated, even though they had literally never heard of any of the films nominated for Best Picture except Straight Outta Compton
What did he mean by that?

Straight Outta Compton wasn't even nominated for Best Picture. It was just the movie they all said should have been nominated instead of the shit they didn't hear of.

>Oscars are chosen by the Academy, their peers
>Visual Artists pick the nominees for Special Effects, Actors pick the nominees for Actors, Directors for directors etc.
>Of the nominees, the winner is selected by the Academy as a whole

That's it. It's not some thing where they just arbitrarily pick shit and forgot to choose a black person.

For years now it's never been a problem, once blacks actually started being eligible for nomination, but now suddenly everyone is outraged, like we should have a slot saved for it. These are the same people who say Tokenism is bad, but then complain that the people of Hollywood, including black actors, directors, ect. (Samuel L. Jackson is an Academy member, for example) didn't find in their opinion and voting for it to be there.

Straight Outta Compton probably would have made it on some nomination lists, if they had released it closer to the season and actually done an Oscar push, but the studio elected to push it as a Summer blockbuster, where it was incredibly financially successful.

>you will never go up on stage and tell them the truth

" a lot of people are talking about Donald trump tonight, but id like to say, we live in an oligarchy."
"Both major political parties are beholden to capital"
"the country is run by lobbyist groups and corporations and wall street"
"I think the ratings for this show would be higher if there were a guillotine on stage"
"you're all fucking garbage"
"i mean that, with every fiber of my being"
"im very sorry to the americans who dont live in this bubble watching this clown show"
"thanks for the plastic piece of metal"

>le independent thinker meme
>being above voting

>le contrarian normie meme

The politicians really do care about us though, the american people, thats why they outsource our jobs and flood the country with immigrants

>those hosts

Besides NPH and Ellen, it's all nobodies, no wonder it's failing.

Jeb is too pure for this political climate.

>not voting for the man who the establishment of both parties hates

>"thanks for the plastic piece of metal"

Glock

Something in the format would have to change completely. The whole intro sketch, monologue, then 1 minutes of jokes in between two people coming out to give out yet another award is played out and boring.

There's literally zero reason to watch it. I can get the results in 20 seconds on IMDB after they're over or I can slog through hours of actors giving me their ill informed opinions on politics with a healthy dose of advertisements.

This. They'd have to turn it into something that's like straight up entertainment itself. So you're watching it not because you want to know who wins, but because it's fun to watch. Maybe turn it into 2 hours of sketches with the nominees and make the actual awarding parts very brief or something.

> Some asshole complains how every Jew is behind a giant Jewish conspiracy.
> Boo. They're racist!
> Some bitch complains how every man is behind a giant evil patriarchy conspiracy.
> Yaaay! Feminism!

>smash the Patriarchy
Oh by the way let's mass import immigrants from primitive ultra patriarchal societies with no will to integrate.

>Some bitch complains how every man is behind a giant evil patriarchy conspiracy
>every man

Only the most insane tumblrites say "all men"

>political and trans statements instead of just saying thanks for the awake and getting the fuck off the stage

Oh geez, I wonder what went wrong?

SVU is comfy as fuck, especially the early seasons

If it was a regular person I might accept that they were just stupid. Jill Soloway is not stupid. She knows what she is saying is contradictory but promotes it anyways.

Wow! Thanks for reminding me mate! I'll make sure to pirate that show next week :^)

Who the fuck names his child Jonbenet?

probably because if you keep giving awards to steaming piles of shit like game of thrones or BBT people will eventually stop taking you seriously

Award shows in general always drag. There are no good shows. People are sick of the constant lib shilling.

I guess I can understand enjoying playing sports. But watching sports? You'd have to be an ultimate bluepilled turbo pleb to enjoy that.

>rightwinger autist seething

People ask me if it’s hard to be a director, and I tell them, no. Life is very hard. Being a good partner, mother, being a good person is hard. Being a good director is so easy, I get to make my dreams come true. It’s a privilege, and creates privilege, when you take people of color, women, trans people, queer people, as the subjects of stories, you change the world, we found out. … So I want to thank you, my sweet Jeff Bezos, because you changed the world, and invited me to do this thing that these people call television, but I call a revolution. I’ve always wanted to be part of a movement. This TV show allows me to take my dreams about unlikable Jewish people, queer folk, trans folk, and make them heroes. Thank you to the trans community. Topple the patriarchy!

>Jewish people

What did she mean with this? Pure coincidence?

NFL football was on

I thought they could better for his eye than that. Oh well at least he's got sex robots in his lifetime.

They're probably (((related))

>Me and my girlfriend had the tv on all last night

we don't have enough violence against trans women.

I literally thought it was Chevy Chase at first.

Eric Roberts M2F.png

Award shows are trash by nature. Most people only cared about the oscars and that's changing now to. Basically cancel them cause no one gives a shit.

Emmy's have always been shit, even by award show standards.

Her show has Jews, what's there to get

why in the living fuck would you want to save the emmys

it's masturbatory trash

>"pandering" to breaking bad

kill yourself desu

rope is cheap

>paying for music
Good goy. :)

Me too man

Me

Jeb!2020 will easily beat Hillary at least, bringing on comfy times

as a musician i hope you choke on seven dicks

dude why arent people watching narcissistic multimillionaires circle jerk themselves for hours while people are unemployed and struggling to get by

i dont get it

must be the patriarchy and racism

>Brenda

We're the Emmys a prelude to how diverse the Oscars are gonna be?

Who the fuck in this day and age dresses in some KD Lang/Liberace ensemble at the 2016 Emmys? Well if you're the dyke kike Jill Soloway who created Transparent who no one subscribes to Amazon Prime for, that's who.

Seriously just kill the Emmys already. After old people die no one will watch this shit.

>SHAVE YOUR BEARD YOU GODLESS HOLLYWOOD HIPPY
if he had just acted like this during the primary he wouldve won

I never watch any of these awards shows anymore. They are boring as fuck and the person that should win, hardly ever wins.

I will watch the Kids Choice Awards tho.

kek, and here I was thinking of getting an Amazon Prime because they hired the top gear guys.

Fuck off Bezos you sneaky kike, you won't be seeing my shekels now.
I am sure shit like this will finally make Amazon show profits.

Thanks R*ddit

>liev schreiber didn't win
Fuck'em. They derserve to go under.