twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What is the meaning of life?
>Bitch how da fuck should I know.

Really made me think.

A N T S
N
T
S

And also, in the book the Ayy's pretty much verify that the universe was designed by an intelligence beyond their own that hid messages buried in transcendental numbers, and Palmer Joss is the only one to recognize that she's something of a messenger for a new cosmic faith.

It's a synopsis of Sagan's own concept of faith along side a really interesting story of ayy lmao contact and the impact it has on the human race.

was great at time of release in theater

>tfw they start the machine for the test run

>that hid messages buried in transcendental numbers
This was silly, shame on Sagan for thinking that
You could find a picture of the Cred Forums logo or the reddit alien hidden deep in the numbers of pi if you looked hard enough

Sounds similar to the follow-up books to Rendezvous with Rama.

Also, Rama film when?

Morgan Freeman will die soon and Fincher doesn't seem interested so never

What's a good Netflix show to watch after Stranger Things?

I've read how they did this and I still don't fucking get it

>insulting one of the best sci-fi movies of our time

eat shit OP

>Rendezvous with Rama
explanation where?

How about a visual explanation.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fxa3j8bK-c4

thx bud

Fuck Freeman. Someone else needs to work on the damn project.

Basically the mirror is actually a bluescreen and they pasted the sequence of her running onto that bluescreen

Loving something doesn't prove it's existence. Someone could be hated by literally everybody and it doesn't invalidate that they exist. And the reason things exist isn't because they're loved. It's a completely difference concept. She loved her dad because he cared for her. I literally never understood that line in the movie.

I'd like Kevin Spacey as Commander Norton and Christina Hendricks as Dr. Ernst

I never read the sequels, I've only heard bad things.

But the book is a pretty great read, it spends a lot of time showing how contact and the machine changes planet earth as a whole. Ellie asks about the station, and her "dad" tells her that they found this station long ago just like she did, and they work with the others who have been contacted as station keepers. They say they don't know WHO built this place, but they suspect that it was the people who built the universe. She tips her fedora as hard as she can, and he explains that they've found messages buried in the essential numbers that define existence. They haven't found them all, they don't know what they mean, but for someone to encode something like that implies that they BUILT the universe. And the messages in those numbers are just a higher form of the contact message that led the humans to build the machine in the first place. It's like "god" left breadcrumbs to follow. The Ayy's tell her that they are working on a way to create a universe of their own. It's a support system for intelligent life in the universe to help ascend to a "godhead" in a never ending loop.

Shits good.

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=ToQVoyWWluQ

*furiously tipping fedora*

kek