Defend this scene

Defend this scene.

>Defended

this is actually a good scene. The timing of it is bad.

>capeshit needing to be defended.
Kek

one parts fever dream, two parts vision of the future caused by the Flash time travelling.

The long take had some damn poor choreography but it's the only time it's that bad

It's completely out of context, but a cool scene, would like to see how it got to that bad.

Literally a full 15 minute sequence exclusively created for the comic book readers in the audience

For all the claims of Marvel loving the source material more than DC, where is the equivalent to this? Not a tiny easter egg, not a little shoutout, a full fucking sequence JUST for the fans

It's the studio looking at the movie and going
"so we have an action scene at the beginning of the movie, and then 90 minutes of utter bore until Batman and Superman fight. We need another action beat in the middle. Maybe it can be a dream sequence since we're too far along in development to rewrite the script?"

And Zack kneeling down to his producers, kissing their hands, and saying "Yes M'Lords, whatever you command"

Its a flashfoward of a possible future within a nightmare. And short of that shot in the OP, it objectively looked terrible.

Its the epitome of bad.

It's awesome. It's foreboding, mysterious. Batman looks sick. Great action. Spooky. Better than Civil War in those couple minutes.

It was the only entertaining scene in the movie besides batman in the Asian sex slave house. Whole movie should have been like this, Superman going full overlord style and batman and rebels fighting back.

>It's awesome. It's foreboding, mysterious. Batman looks sick. Great action. Spooky.

Are you a telegram?

the only actual problem here is the blatant choreography

The surrealism and ambiguity of the dream while explaining nothing. No wonder normies & marvel drones were confused

The entire Vision character in the MCU is a for the fans

No one else understands him or likes him.

>explaining nothing
It is set in a future where Superman has become Hitler and is destroying all humans.

How the fuck can no one understand this?

it needs no defense, it's objectively a great scene.

Kino.

>The entire Vision character in the MCU is a for the fans

>No one else understands him or likes him.

How do you know that? did you make a poll? how many people did you ask about the Vision to come to such a conclusion.

Stupid jackass.

this was a top 3 scene in the movie you asshat

just because everything is not spelled out for you marvelgimps doesnt make it a bad scene

Can any comic fags tell me why the alien bug things are carrying people, that some appear to be corpses, away?

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

parademons/stymphalian birds

It was cool

Should have thought up a reason for why they don't shoot him, such as having some people take shots at him but the suit is so bulletproofed he gets right back up after being stumbled a bit.

I thought the neck break was cool.

So they... eat them or?

people still watch capeshit :L

people still do this: :P

Its hip.
Its now.

Zack Snyder actually has inoperable brain cancer and directing the entire DCEU is his "wish" from the "Make a Wish Foundation"

thats not what i do though

Because Darkseid wants batman to be his new vessel

This was the only interesting scene in the movie. And it wasnt like the rest of the film made sense

ba dum tsh

>And it wasnt like the rest of the film made sense
how do you have trouble following a superhero movie

because Superman rules this world and he wants revenge on the man who took her away from him? they explain it in literally the next scene

Where's the Vision movie if he's so popular

Ya fucking cunt!

Somebody please edit that scene and add the adam west theme and punch bubbles

Sounds like a lotta work.
Why don't you fucking do it?

That's not how that works autist

2nd best scene in the movie
yes it shouldve been explained though

In the cinema, i instantly thought:

> obviously a dreamsequence or something, but looks cool af, so ill dig it.... wow, they are really taking it far? oh there, its over. that was cool & stupid

Marvel simply doesn't put the nonsensical shit "for the fans" in the middle of the movie

>nonsensical
I had no idea what it was about and it made perfect sense, stop being retarded

>test marketing showed it was necessary to put a flashback to wayne's origin at the end of the titular fight because test audiences were groaning and scoffing at the fight suddenly ending like that

I like how WB just completely misinterprets test marketing data every single time.

>"for the fans"
>literally Injustpleb

Pretty sure that flashback was only in the ultimate edition

>it made perfect sense for the world to be a wasteland filled with literal demons because superman decided to rule it

Thanks for reminding me of the stretch armstrong I had as a kid.

what

please tell me you're joking. You have to be. no one could be so stupid as to think there needed to be a huge flashback there.

Literally looks like a video game screenshot from some hot shit announced at E3 2012. Marvel shits all over this garbage.

did you even finish the movie you retard?

Excellent reading comprehension.

Oh so the literal demons in the dream sequence were supposed to make sense because lex was chilling out, talking to literally satan at the end?

you're being really obtuse for some reason, not like it takes much critical thinking skills to assume both scenes had something to do with each other.

Yes you do.

wew lad

Dude, nothing indicated that sequence was anything other than batman having some paranoid fantasy nightmare.

Batman never sees lex chilling out, talking to literally satan. Even if he did, dreaming about it before lex calls up satan to see if hes down for netflix and chill,l it would only be explainable by bruce being fucking clairvoyant.

You basically have to be all up in the comic's shit to know about steppenwolf, parademons, and dariksed.

Not really though because the important aspect of the dreamworld is that Supes has become a dictator, some obviously alien lifeform has fucked shit up on earth. The parademons are actually a pretty minor aspect of that scene since we can glean enough from that scene and two other scenes later in the film that gives a very plausible possibility of their origin. Whether or not you believe the dreams were just dreams brought on by Bruce's seeming alcoholism/pill use or whether it was a result of time fuckery, it's pretty clear what it means to Bruce and in terms of the story.

The implication, before the fucking insect soldiers start swarming in, is that fucking supes had fucked up the earth's shit.

As a third party being responsible would make batman extra retarded for trying to kill superman.

That's the point
That's how bad it was

Then why do they even have guns in the first place? Why not just carry some non-lethal weapons or something that can be used to trap him?

Looks like skyrim

>is that fucking supes had fucked up the earth's shit.
not at all, involved perhaps but not solely responsible

And the third party aspect being responsible really just reinforces Bruce' fears even more so, Supes has already been responsible for others coming to tear Earth apart, and in his dream it appears he's actually working with them this time.

Then superman vaporizes him.

Why give everyone a gun when they could have just cattle prod him from all angles. Inb4 they had to limply hit him with their guns for Christ's sake.

>supes is literally the only alien left in the franchise

>BUT I SOMEHOW KNEW IT WAS ANOTHER OTHER ALIEN

why do you lie to yourself?

what?

Defend the scene after it with latino flash showing up after he wakes up from this dream (batman is psychic?)

No one had trouble following it.

They had a ton of trouble caring about a single damned thing that happened in it, as it's fucking ridiculous start to finish.

Did I stutter?

I swear to god there's a joke about mexican premature ejaculation there but I can't quite reach it.

Literally every capeshit movie has a scene where guys with guns just running up to stand there and get punched by the melee hero. There's no point in defending it or justifying it with story reasons, it's just shitty filmmaking.

just seems fairly obvious to the viewer that superman doesn't have the ability to make huge fucking omega explosions and create winged demon soldiers, so presumably it was a third party.

>Then superman vaporizes him.

It was ambiguous but I think he punched his heart out.

>this is actually a good scene. The timing of it is bad.

Snyder, epitomized

... uh, no, they pretty clearly establish superman's eye laser can do some crazy shit. So making a big frat symbol on the ground doesn't quite leave the range of that.

And the insects only show up just as the sequence ends.

So, until the insectmen show up, literally nothing indicates anything other than superman is responsible for the devastation, then the insectmen swarming just results in incredulous dismissal... from people who aren't retarded, of course.

Not to mention the fact all the soliders have "HOPE" emblems on them.

jesus christ, read this post again and think how stupid it is.

Sure.

The problem is snyder's shit has been built around some pretense of realism. So its a sort of uncanny valley effect. The failures between what was attempted and the final product standing out more because of the contrast.

>no one can refute this

Feel free to elaborate on what indicated anything other than superman had gone "full dick" before the insect demons swarmed in.

I mean they show eyelasers carving through metropolis like nothing when kryptonians aren't even trying to shoot them.

>the literal demons in the dream sequence

>confirmed for never having read any comics

They're parademons.

>hey, we're making a silly movie
>silly thing happens
>lol

>hey, we're making a SUPER SERIOUS MOVIE!!
>silly things happen
>what the fuck

I like how he casually snap that guys neck at the end LMAO

yes i'm sure all the smart people in the audience thought superman flew into the sky, nuked the entire earth then carved an omega symbol into the ground with laser eyes

See: Try reading a reply chain before replying.

Is it standard nazi training to try and use the butt of a gun as the weapon instead of the shooty bang part ?

it looks cool and stuff

... and how does the sequence not imply that? Before the insect people?

jesus christ you're really desperate to win this internet argument aren't you?

good job, you win.

kinda looks like batman is fighting these guys

this.

Worst blockbuster movie of the last 5 years tbqh

jesus christ you're really desperate to seem superior despite being unable to back up your claims.

The sequence implies the possibility of a lot of things, but just because you thought it implied that, doesn't mean it's not what it was actually implying, dipshit, there's till many movies to see before the plot is unraveled, so judging the movie on traditional methods of narrative critique is wrong.

Like I've said before; Snyder is doing something totally different.

>you thought

Good man, make it seem like hes the only person who thought the knightmare was about a superman ruled world.

>tripfag
>i've said

... well, welcome to Cred Forums, no one gives a fuck about you or will look up anything you've posted.

Building up another alien invasion is the worst route they could have taken. This EU is doomed to mediocrity right from the beginning.

All the best super hero movies are about fighting one to a handful of terrestrial foes.

People who have all these problems with this movie are fucking retards

>just shut up and like this shitty movie!

Probably why you're too stupid to comprehend Snyder, desu

>I'm a pleb, spoonfeed me pls

People tend to have more problems with things they don't like than things they do like.

>This scene is alot cooler than the movie I am watching
>I would rather watch this movie

I remember thinking that I'd rather stay in the dream than wake up to the boring fuck fest that was FMvSM

Why is Batman shooting people?

Because he did?

t. Snyder

I love it when people go back to pre-silver age batman to try to defend him being a murderer.

>Injustice

You're the pleb here. Brainwashed Superman is from "Legacy".

Nevermind the Crisis on Infinite Earth Flash scene.

Nevermind, the Crisis on Infinite Earths teaser.

>pre-silver age

Oh, you mean the GOLDEN AGE? As in, the better age of comics, before the Silver age almost killed comics and the Bronze age resurrected them?

You realize the only reason they couldn't have him use guns anymore was because of the Comics Code?

I love how you slavishly devote yourself to single interpretations of characters that have lasted for 75+ years and inundate yourself against all change, ironically denying the evolvablity factor of the characters that has in fact allowed them to survive that 75+ years

In other words: NOT MUH

If they're corpses, they're probably fodder for making more parademons.

and batman was strengthened as a character because of it.

A lot of others weren't, thought.

He killed KGBeast in the 70s. He also killed people in Arkham Asylum Serious House On Serious Earth and that was one of the most popular Batman books ever.

>As in, the better age of comics, before the Silver age almost killed comics and the Bronze age resurrected them?
The Silver age is superior to whatever the Golden age brought to the table. It at least made the characters interesting instead of carbon copies of earlier heroes. I rather have MUH ZEBRA BATMAN than MUH LITERAL COPY OF THE SHADOW BATMAN.

What is asserted without proof can be dismissed without consideration.

why would anyone refute that?

He kind of is. The parademons in the comics don't look too different than the Monarch's henchmen in some older depictions. I always half-thought that was where the idea came from.

>The Silver age is superior to whatever the Golden age brought to the table

The silver age (the age of the CCA) was notorious for the killing of virtually all EC Comics' comic book titles and almost killing off Batman.

You're a fucking retard who know's absolutely nothing about comic books.

Why? It was the best part of the movie, jackass.

The Darkseid allusion. The Omega. The Paratroopers.

I liked it. The rest of the movie? Needed work still, even in Ultimate cut. Way too much for one movie, someone needed to tame Snyder on what to cover and to streamline.

Can't defend that which is objectively terrible.
the costumes suck, the setup is completely scattershot, the cgi is a blurry low-detail mess, the acting and fight coreography are completely lifeless and dull.
The scene exists to please a board of directors and to haphazardly set up a bunch of shit down the line in the laziest possible way.

c o o l

fuck off dirty pleb go suck your own dick faggot