I really liked it desu...

I really liked it desu, obviously wasn't going to live up to the original and you're a fucking idiot if you think it ever could of. The jump scares certainly got obnoxious and insulting but it was really fun. The scene where darknet666 and his girl found the group after being separated was genuinely chilling with him saying things like "it's a trick", "it's been five days", "when's the last time you saw us?" and "it's starting again". Think it was a missed opportunity though, could've played with the time loop stuff a lot more with the amount of times other characters got separated. Could've had them walking in future / past parts of the movie and interfering with other points of the timeline. darknet666 asking something like "has Peter died yet?" would've been a lot more effective too.

The movie frustrates me. It could've been GOAT, it had a great atmosphere, a few fantastic scares but it felt like it was trying too hard to appeal to dumb shit modern audiences who want nothing but jump scares. Adam Wingward had the set-up for a really intricate horror film but blew it because he wanted to make a more generic, safer horror film. Still enjoyed it, just left thinking of what could have been, just left wanting more desu, I hope Lionsgate make sequels that are more daring but the box office results aren't looking good.

The 3rd act was fucking amazing.

Just a shame the movie wasn't all polished leading up to the climax

>Lionsgate
>Daring sequels
>mfw

Post pic of witch

The later Saw sequels are a 9/10

I can't wait for Saw 8

Not sure what to think of the witch's design. I'm fine with them showing the witch but the design felt a bit too generic, looked like one of those CGI monsters from Grave Encounters. Speaking of CGI, was the witch CGI? Camera moved way too fast to tell. This movie was cheap as fuck to make, surely they could've spared some cash for a decent practical effect.

Found the patrician.

so disappointed with BW

would've liked something closer to pic related. unnerving > jump scare bullshit

I just want someone to post pics of the witch so I can get what I want out of the film without having to pay money for it.

Cross the thing from the attic in REC with the monsters from Grave Encounters and you get the Blair Witch.

nothing like the mcfarlane toys? dang.

Definitely thought the cinematography was good for a found footage film. It played more on the creepiness of the woods to build the environment rather than excessive use of shaky cam. Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

I'm disappointed too. I love the design with the veil over her head and that long hatchet. With the tension, atmosphere and build-up of the first movie accompanied with great make-up / lighting, I think that thing would've been genuinely terrifying if it popped up at the end.

Although they did say if you look at the witch you die instantly and I'm highly disappointed I'm still here.

It's not the idea that she looks so terrifying her appearance will stop your heart, that was something the character's incorrectly hypothesized earlier because they were recounting urban legends. She physically attacks and kills you but wont do so unless you look at her. Basically the tooth fairy in Darkness Falls.

I wish they didn't show the witch

My favorite moment was the guy and girl approaching the campsite at night and revealing that they had been wandering in the woods for DAYS when only hours passed for the main people

>My favorite moment was the guy and girl approaching the campsite at night and revealing that they had been wandering in the woods for DAYS when only hours passed for the main people
Really should've played with the time travel shit more and given the guy more cryptic dialogue like I suggested in the OP post, "has Peter died yet" would've been a great line to throw in there. I just want more from this universe.

I really liked the first time you see the witch outside the house before the girl runs inside. That one shot was really effective, wish they just kept it like that. It was in the distance, in the dark and out of focus but at the same time still delivered the goods and satisfied my curiosity.

Darn, thanks for clarifying though.

Would have also been cool if they used time travel and the brother saw his sister and her friends in the distance or something.

But agreed. A lot of untapped potential to explore but sadly the box office ratings weren't good.

>Would have also been cool if they used time travel and the brother saw his sister and her friends in the distance or something.
I thought that was how the movie was gonna end. When they're in the attic you see the bright white line shine through the boards, I thought they were bent sent back through time to the ending of the first movie. Then the climax would be them running into the basement and continuing off the ending of Blair Witch 1.

1. This movie fictionalized the original. The whole point of The Blair Witch Project is that it is supposed to take place in the real world... but this time around, I know they are just actors.

2. Establishing the time loop stuff was predictable and a bit lame.

3. Showing the Witch/establishing that there is a Witch.

4. Leap in logic: if you look directly at her, you'll die from fright -> if you stand in the corner, she won't hurt you -> she can't hurt you if you don't look directly at her.

What the fuck?

5. Having the corner thing be part of the Witch.

6. The Grave Encounters permanent night time shit.

7. Rehashed a lot of the old stuff and established it as a rule instead of just what it was in the first movie.

8. How many fucking floors did that old house have?

9. Yes, climb the tree and get the drone for some reason...

10. Hyping up all the camera equipment and precautions and instead of working it in cleverly, they just had it all not work as usual.

11. Time loop stuff was fine, but the time warp stuff was confusing.

12. Why did Lane stuff Lisa into the pit and lock her in there?

13. Why did the Witch surround the entire camp with wood stick figures?

14. What came out of the black chick's wound? Why did that never come back or have anything to do with anything?

15. Why did the Witch fuck with them? In the original, we assume it's because Josh disturbed the rocks - he's also the one to go missing first.

16. What was up with the black guy standing in the corner in that one room?

17. What was the white light all those times?

18. Why not include any actual Heather?

19. Who wrote the sign about not entering after nightfall? Anyone who would know not to enter after nightfall would have been disappeared.

20. Is there a time loop or is there not? If they went back in time, how did the GPS still work? There's also evidence that they did - the house was where the tree was at the beginning, the road and the cars were no longer there...

Reading this tells me you want to be a movie maker some day.

This is me saying, don't

>4

You could easily chalk this up to a myth not being 100% true and I don't see why this is a problem. Also when they look at her in the end it was pretty clear they didn't die from fright but rather the witch physically did something to them which doesn't conflict with the fact that they she saw the witch a few times before then. No leap in logic.

>5
I agree that I don't like this becoming a gimmick for the witch but why are people up in arms about this corner business? You're assuming it was implied in the first movie that Mike was standing in the corner because a real human serial killer told him to and not the crazy supernatural presence that has been haunting them the entire movie? Also why are people so up in arms about the confusing nature of the Rustin par serial killer story and the myth of the Witch and why the witch does the corner thing? Is it beyond the scope of your imagination to assume that there's more to it that what we have been deliberately told?

>8
I thought it was astoundingly clear the house was non euclidian (as was the forest, and the fact that it was perma-night). it could have infinite floors if the witch wanted it to be so.

>11
You mean how conspiracy theory couple go away for a few hours and according to them it's been 6 days? Why is that confusing especially considering it's very very clear the world is not following traditional rules anymore.

>13
Who knows, why did she leave them all over the place in the first movie? You dont' need to have everything spelled out for you.

>14
This was a baffling inclusion into the movie it had no purpose what so ever, it was literally a waste of time.

>15
We don't assume it was because josh fucked with the rocks, if anything that's why he died first. Again, you're expecting to have everything spelled out for you but that defeats the purpose. The rocks, the stick figures, they probably did serve some specific purpose but it doesn't mean that purpose is as simple as it might seem.

>16
Who knows, maybe just a vision to fuck with him. Maybe Peter actually found himself at the house as well and that was a glimpse into a different time. Considering the witch has the ability to completely distort the world not everything is going to make crystal clear sense.

>17
I was thinking about this, I thought it might be like reality was being distorted outside the house so maybe the light was a flash of lightening in slow motion or something. The same lightening that blew up the tree they find in the beginning.

>18
I could go either way on this, it would have been neat to see her, it's fine we didn't see her. My initial prediction for the movie is that the witch would simply be possessing an older more decrepit malnourished looking heather and that's what we'd see as a representation of the witch rather than seeing her actual form.

>19
Probably some park ranger. People don't go into forests at night especially ones that are known for being haunted And I don't think it's a stretch to assume the sign was put up during the day by people who know how dark and confusing this forest is because it's been established that people have regularly gone into the blair forest during the day. It seems (and it's said in the movie) that staying over night is what makes you ded.

>20
You're thinking too hard about this. There doesn't have to be any time travel. The witch can fucking bend the physical world to her will she operates on a level people can't understand and does things that people cannot understand. She simply used their own footage from her warped version of reality to entice them to fulfil their own destiny of investigating and then being swallowed up. Asking why the gps still worked is like asking why they were still able to stand on solid ground as opposed to falling through it. Certain things are static, certain physical things are fixed, others are not.

I don't know if you were joking with some of these but w/e