What went wrong?

What went wrong?
Is it his personality or the writers

both

Both

Why do you do this user?

I know it's you because it's the same image and it's mobile every time. Why do you make variations on the exact same thread every day every few hours? Who are you talking to? No one here likes this guy. No one even cares.

His SA sensibilities clash with the liberal narrative enough to produce a dissonance in his humor

Jon Stewart is a political pundit first and a comedian second. Trevor is a non american comedian, it was never going to work.

Besides most of the talented writers/correspondents left a long time ago.

Both.

Stewart set him up to fail so that he'd look good in hindsight

>Yeah, I'll hire some literally-who from South Africa to be my replacement, why did I hire him? Oh I saw potential in him, that's it

I think he's alright

There are plenty of dumb dumb dissenters out there. They'll get little to no feedback about a given subject, or little of the kind they desire, but will keep on talking about it until they find some other asshole to scratch that itch for them by caring enough to agree...

By the way, I hate the new Daily Show but I hate people that do this type of shit more. They exist in real life too and are twice as annoying.

He's a nigger

Both

Both he comes across as a cunt and the jokes don't help

but cunts are funny

The media has become saturated with snarky leftists, and they've been caught outright fabricating narratives or colluding on talking points a few too many times for their own good.

It's embarrassing to watch them still pretend like they're edgy and counterculture and in touch with the youth at this point.

he has a personality

like uncle ben has a personality

a face to put on a product

don't forget he can barely speak english

When Colbert left he took a lot of the best writers with him, including all the people he used to work with on Strangers with Candy, arguably the best comedy show in the network's history.

By the time Jon left the writers' room was full up with trust fund hipster shitheads.

He's an ok comedian but his personality was not strong enough to counter the inevitable hate and inertia he had to fight against to take John's spot. Haters will hate but I think they should have promoted John Oliver before HBO got him.

>Reddit

He's trying to force an epic meme you fucking idiots

Hes not jewish.

i think most americans have become too sophisticated and cynical to buy into political lecturing from comedians anymore, as if they know more than anyone. it's probably social media's fault or something.

He comes off like a nice guy, but he doesn't have any comedic talent and the writing isn't good either.

>muh haters

Fuck u fag