Now that the dust has settled, how do you rate Daisy Ridley's performance as Rey?

Now that the dust has settled, how do you rate Daisy Ridley's performance as Rey?

I didn't find her that great but I guess she wasn't that bad either.

Although JJ should have better directed her because in the scene that she first meets Finn after knocking him on the ground and then she helps him up: Daisy has a smile on her face and it looks like she is trying to not laugh... when I saw this in the cinemas I thought it was from a blooper take. JJ should have watched over the footage and got Daisy to re-do the scene in a more serious manner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
youtube.com/watch?v=qB3G2hkn278
esquire.com/entertainment/movies/news/a47051/star-wars-young-han-solo-trilogy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought she gave a fantastic performance for her first major role. The character was terribly written but that's not her fault and I think she did great with the material she was given.

She wasn't oscar worthy by any means but she definitely had an endearing charm.

I love how quiet white boys and pol gets when this movie starring a girl and a black guy historically broke ticket records

OI BLIMEY! OI BOIPOSSED TEH COMPRESSAH!

>The character was terribly written but that's not her fault and I think she did great with the material she was given.
Yeah true, if her character was better written then she would have been far better

Don't kid yourself, that was the Star Wars name responsible for that, singularly.

Don't get your hopes up because Finn + Rey is most likely not going to happen

>implying I didn't buy a ticket to watch an elderly white man die and his bearded, fat, old friend turn around

Kys she's absolutely terrible 0/10 won't be watching her again

>and his bearded, fat, old friend turn around
KEK

I actually told my friend a month before TFA that that is how the movie would end with Luke getting only 30 seconds of screentime and JJ actually made the movie like this

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

i want to lick her sweety pusy!

So how come you fuckers never bring this up when talking about the prequels and their supposedly bad writing? Fucking Disney shills.

The prequels has no bad writing. Only some bad acting in some places. The writing and story is 100% fine

Post the pic with the hashtags. And the webms

It was very distracting as all I could think about was her biting my dick and balls. They shouldnt have cast someone with such sexual teeeth

Good, Finn deserves better.
Rey fucking ruined herself

>tfw there's actually a high percent Rey will end up with Kylo.

I know she's a Mary Sue but she doesn't deserve this. Marrying into that family is a death sentence. Just look at Padme and Han.

I hate how fat she looks now. She looked perfect in December 2015

>No one's posted THAT webm yet

Should have saved it when I had the chance.

But she looks so ugly in it desu. You can see her mid life women English genes

>tfw unironically liked most of the prequels, even if some of it was stupid

The songs in TFA were not memorable at all, that's my biggest complaint. I've watched it twice and I never once thought 'this song is perfect for the movie'. There were countless moments in each of the prequels that actually resonated with me, simply due to the music.

I can overlook how stupid supreme leader jafar is, I can even mostly tolerate the money grabbing safe-play Disney did bedding a bigger badder deathstar, (but I can't overlook the Mary sue bullshit of a 'teenage' force savant learning jedi mind tricks on the fly and even coming close to injuring a trained dark jedi, let alone Leia's son.)

It would have been an easier pill to swallow if they had a sound track up to its usual standards.

It's the dress.

really bad. not even any screen presence. nothing good about any of it.

She's cultivating mass.

Daisy Ridley did nothing wrong, although I don't claim to know anything about her beyond Star Wars.

The script was shit in every aspect. Why even hire actors like Gleeson, Isaac and Boyega if you're going to squander them on directors and writers like J.J. and that guy who co-wrote the OT?

Breaking news: The OT had a shitty, generic script too. Star Wars was only ever famous for it's special effects, something TFA notably lacks.

No writing. No acting. No neat effects/imagery. Shitty, terribly choreographed forced fight between two shit characters. Fuckton of marketing AND I still have to hear about this garbage for the next 30 fucking years.

Bar none, the worst film of 2015 when weighed against it's potential.

>It's the dress
Is that supposed to be a step-up...? She looks even worse
She used to be qt af when she was slim & dainty,

>Daisy Ridley did nothing wrong
kys

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
saying Ridley cant act is an understatement

holy hell, she looks like a single mom.
it's like she aged 10 years.

Well that's not her fault, in this context anyway. She didn't produce TFA.

As I said anyway, you don't need to be able to act with these garbage scripts. The 3 male leads, and Gleeson in his 45 seconds of screentime, have all been established as great dramatic actors, and they got nothing. Not a single memorable moment, line or anything.

At least Alec Guiness got to say some dumb shit before the camera started cutting 100/s. The bulk of the monologue time went to a fucking CGI alien who monologued about nothing and said, quite literally, "We'll save the exposition for the next installment. Maybe. Buy more tickets and merchandise."

Star Wars was never good. I'm convinced of it.

>Cred Forums hates Daisy/Rey
>there are still threads about her after 9 months

Does she take bottled nutmilk as tribute?

>there are millions of star wars 'fans' who love episode vii and or daisyfags

are you talking about this one pham?

das it mane

would still bang

>It's been 9 months since this trash came out

She probably gets a 8/10 for her acting, but Rey as a character is 2/10

I could bukkake the entire Magna Carta on her forehead.

You need to leave

>used to be cute and small

What went so wrong? ;_;

A lot of cocaine, have you been paying attention?

>Let me just widen my eyes whenever I'm surprised.

Re-watching it and they're all pretty sub par.
Chemistry wise though they are pretty great. Every interaction Fin and Poe have is 10/10, it's just the serious matters or solo bits that really suffer with their acting.

I want to watch a movie where Poe and Finn go on an adventure and then Kylo Ren gets suckered along against his own will.

low self esteem

>believing a website which most of its stories are fabricated

I thought Cred Forums wasn't this gullible?

You beautiful bastard

>having to believe that to know daisy ridley does as much cocaine as fischer
she looks and acts like a coke fiend

I'd like to watch a movie about star wars with minor subplots about mysterious space samurai.

Does that movie exist?

>JJ should have watched over the footage and got Daisy to re-do the scene in a more serious manner
Yeah, gee, he probably could have raked in a couple extra billion dollars if only he got that one scene right

Good thing neckbeards on the Internet are here to watch out for dumb old JJ

The coke rumours were heard of long before I became aware of that site

that site has been right more times than you have in your life.

>people find this attractive

Anyone else notice all the weird cuts in this movie? Like the actors fucked up or something?

Like there was this weird jump cut when Han shot the door with chewies blaster and it just jumped randomly for no reason. Like was that supposed to make it more impactful?

Looks really awful and I'm noticing a fair amount of them. Is harrison ford that expensive that they can't redo the take?

not him and ridley does coke but theres probably just as many of more bs posts than real ones

women age fast every month

>Is harrison ford that expensive that they can't redo the take?
It is obvious that Harrison wanted off the set as soon as possible. Not to mention after a big door crushed his foot.

its adhd because its shit

>A C T I N G

How the fuck did she knew to throw back the force to him?

this is cringe please for the love of god dont plague us with tfa webms

fuck she cannot act

>Rey finishes flying doing death defying tricks
>HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!
>I DON'T KNOW!

what

>check imdb to see if she'll ever be in anything besides Star Wars
>4 movies lined up
>tfw Star Wars VIII is already in post-production
They're really shilling that franchise out now, I forgot all about Rogue One too until now.

She didn't even know the force existed until that very same day.

There are some liberties that the prequels wouldn't even touch.

The force awakened...and chose her.

honestly the camera work is tacky as shit, all those close ups really dampen the intergalactic sci-fi mood and what's worse is that besides isaac all the cast is ugly as sin

Still why did she nudge her head towards him?

She uses the force and pushes back/resists his mind probe which physically manifested itself with a head lunge forward as she peaks into his mind as he was trying to look into hers.

yep, the camera work isnt the only tacky thing though

But how did she know to use the force and push back?

>mfw Finn is getting with Poe & not Rey

Gay niggers from outer space

Remember when luke had to try like 3-4 times just to pull the lightsabre towards him when he was hanging upside down?

remember when star wars was good? circa 1997 was comfy af

the minute they shoehorn homosexual romance is the moment I drop Star Wars completely.

shit movie

shit cast

3/10 at best

>remember when star wars was good?
star wars was never good, it was just genuine and that made it good.

This desu

I really don't think disney would try something with a franchise like this.

gosh just look at her butt jiggle when she does those jumps mmmm i want to lick her sweety bum crack

The difference actually is less than I thought it would be after all that weight-lifting. It's just that her hair is super unflattering and that dress is too. Horizontal, metallic stripes wouldn't work well on most people. And her face is too broad for that kind of haircut to work.

Reminder that this is right after Rey knocks Finn over and considers him an enemy until Finn says he is with the resistance and suddenly Rey has this smiling face

I really wasn't all that bothered by her.
>Daisy has a smile on her face
Eh, A New Hope had a smiling Luke Skywalker in the detention block rescuing Leia while they were in a hurry to gtfo

They're all about "getting the message out" or whatever nowadays. And a huge franchise with guaranteed sales is the perfect avenue for their subliminal (superliminal?) message.

I thought Finn was already confirmed for getting with the hideoius chinkfu

I always read it as Kylo opened a link between them and, being Force-sensitive, she was more sensitive to it and could push back through. Kylo probably wasn't prepared for her to be Force sensitive like that and didn't defend himself enough.

That I could buy being intuitive enough. It was her being able to mindtrick later that was bullshit. Though apparently it's been suggested that she got the info from Kylo's mind.

She's god awful

you dont watch films

I view it the same way as Anakin in the prequels. I dislike how the character was written, shes really one dimensional and boring. Finn wasnt as bad but they had no chemistry. Poe was enjoyable

Nice fan fiction you wasted time typing out, when none of that is alluded to in the slightest in ge movie. It's indefensible on every level, user

very very qt

fuck off daisyfag

her sister's qter

It kind of was. She couldn't push back while he was just looking for info on the map. Then he started being creepy and delving into her memories and feelings and commiserating with her. That was when she was able to push back.

That was still easily the least unbelievable and least Mary Sue thing she did with the Force. Everything else that followed was pretty bullshit.

As for the "getting it from Kylo's mind" thing, I think Pablo Hidalgo said that. Though I agree it's stupid because nothing in the movie suggested that at all.

>seeing Daisy breathing and sweating hard

Gives me a stiffy desu

fuck off nonce

Thanks for pointing that out user. Made my crotch stir

see
daisyfag

why is it so incomprehensible that rey might just be a stronger force user than luke
especially if the force has, as they say, awakened, and she's basically the only person using it right now
that's a lot of force being channeled
so i reckon it makes sense she'd be unusually proficient at stuff

nah

lol, who gives a fuck about good acting in star wars?

She didn't, the force knew how to use her.

KEL

Kylo and Snoke already use the force, it didn't just reappear

She wasn't terrible. Easily the weakest link of the new mains, but it's her first film. Luke wasn't all that spectacular an actor in ANH either, but they both had charm that got them through it.

The problem is she's just not talented enough to make up for Rey's shit writing. She couldn't save it, and I doubt she'll be able to save it in the future. And if Rian Johnson really is going for more nuance, I'm not sure she's ready to portray that.

Boyega is a much more talented and charismatic actor than Daisy and will probably do better in the next movie. It'll stand out even more since everything points to him having his own separate arc.

wat

She's ugly as fuck and can't act. worst actress besides emilia clarke and sophie turner

She looks like an ayyy lmao titan from Attack on Titan desu, Daisy has better choppers too

I meant Mark. I guess he and Luke are just interchangeable to me now.

She was basically equal to Hamill as Skywalker. Good looking, serviceable, but not great and at certain moments straight up bad. Still, good enough to not get in the way of the movie.

The fact that she's an awful mary sue and the whole movie is an overly safe rehash of A New Hope isn't Ridley's fault. But she doesn't exactly elevate the material either. Again, serviceable.

She's absolutely terrible.

>Daisy will never sit on your face
>ywn feel the cold embrace of death by her thick pale white thighs

JDIMSA

>Finn had a more interesting dynamic and relationship with the villain
>Kylo Ren will be all about Rey going forward. Finn will probably never confront him again.

Sucks, honestly. He would have made for a better protagonist. And maybe if he wasn't just Rey's yes-man they'd make his background actually matter and put more moral grey in his story.

>Meets a droid
>Immediately knows everything that the droid is saying
HOW is she not a Mary Sue?

didn't luke do the same?

>but they both had charm that got them through it.
and yet Daisy had no charm.

No offence to her but Rey literally HAS NO CHARM!

>you dont watch films
Nobody on Cred Forums watches films.

nope it was C3-PO who communicated to R2-D2 and told Luke what he was saying.

Her acting was all over the place. In some scenes she was okay but in other scenes she was so bad. She was supposed to be a tough scavenger living in the desert but sounded like
>OY MATE I BAIPASST THE CUMPRESSOR

star wars is the old equivalent of marvel capeshit, not like it's all that memorable

Yes but i mean anything they watch they dont watch properly

stfu cunt you don't know shit.

I'm not a professional critique. i just like movies that i like. i really liked her performance. when i grew up in the 90's with girls and minorities, we never knew that there was racism or sexism outside of movies. we thought it was funny, not real. ridley's performance is very realistic to me. it's what i expect from a girl that didn't grow up in a society that being a girl means you're an emotional and financial parasite. it's both very feminist and anti-feminist. i can watch the movie and not have to think about "they made her role about feminism, but she's not a bumbling bimbo either"

it's somewhat refreshing.

Fucking kill yourself, Hamill could at least pull the correct facial expressions.

this is exactly what i'd expect from someone who grew up alone on a desert world with little social interactions.

How do you rate her "NO!" Scream?

She was supposed to be part tough scavenger, part naive and excited kid. She's stunted as hell.

>Good looking
Lol

That was complete bullshit that she could speak fluent droid and what right did she have to take it from teebo?

She survived massive fucking Adam Driver swinging at her full strength with a stick over and over again. She's alright.

this, anyone who thinks hamill was acting good in the first one is autistic.

>stabs and kills his own father
>says "Thank you"
What did Kylo mean by this?

i cant give her more than a 6/10

Me too, but I don't get the impression that it was on purpose half the time. Rey seemed to react the way the plot needed her to react.

who gives a fuck honestly?

He was way better than ridley, luke was a little annoying shit at first

this

This. Everyone tries to pretend Hamill was great in Star Wars but he really wasn't. I mean, he was cute for it but there's a reason Han was a bigger favorite.

they were the same, take your nostalgia goggles off.

Should have been longer and more drawn out

She wasn't great, she was a little hammy but she wasn't bad either.

just take one more step jesus senpai

he made it easy for him.

Apparently he broke a bunch of lightsabers. And went so hard that John Boyega was actually getting angry during their fight scenes.

she looks more lickable now, i just want to taste her thighs

how fucking deep are you reading into their expressions? i bet you can tell photoshopped pictures by their pixels too.

>who cares about plotholes
Hello Disney Shill

can you stop memeing. even if hamil was bad hes still acting. ridley cant act.

look at the fucking evidence, look at her eyes and mouth.

He wasn't ever able to fully commit to the darkside and abandon the light because he held onto his love for his father. He found the strength to kill his father and finally extinguish the light so he can continue on his journey to the darkside.

Who cares about internal consistency or anything making sense. kill yourself please.

Either way, this part of the film was amazing.

They should have just made Finn the Jedi user and not Rey

how the fuck do you know to run from a stranger with a knife? it's instinct you dumb fuck

U WOT

ignoring all the context shots where he owned her ass. if you keep getting your ass kicked, you're going to adapt or die. it just highlights that she has the ability to adapt to the force used against her. a non-force-user couldn't resist this.

>it's instinct you dumb fuck
You are not a Star Wars fan are you?

Therefore you cannot understand why TFA truly pisses off the diehard fans because Rey literally makes no fucking sense as a character who knows EVERYTHING without being trained at all.

>How does she know how to mindtrick
Instinct

>How is she able to use force on people when someone uses force on her
Instincts

KYS

babbys first tracking shot. rotj was better

But even that failed so I don't know why he thanked him. The script says he's weakened by killing Han.

>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW not being bad writing
>the shit about midichlorians not being bad writing
>mace windu not being explained as a grey jedi not being bad writing
>palpatines name being sheev not being bad writing
>there being a character like jar jar not being bad writing

Acting wise I'd give her a 5/10

The character of Rey itself is a 2/10

>The script says he's weakened by killing Han.
Yes he is but JJ did a horrible job at showing this on screen

When will people realize that JJ weakened this film severily with his theatrical cut of the film which deleted so much as well as him not being able to direct Daisy properly
see

wasn't that supposed to be the reason finn got a hit on him?

thats too generous acting wise. seriously.

>palpatines name being sheev not being bad writing
Do a backflip

The writing in general was the worst part of the film.

>can stop a blaster in midair
>doesn't just rip the lightsaber out of Finn's hands with the Force

Why is this movie so retarded?

The only good scene.
Doubt It was JJ's idea.

Kylo Ren is a fanboy of darth vader.
He's trying to recreate luke vs darth vader.
That's why hes doing the one hand thing and trying to "test" Finns skill. He fucks up of course because hes not as cool.

It's kind of funny how meta it is, but I doubt they'll go anywhere with it.

>implying a magic Force tree is any better than midichlorians

I think she overacted.

are you talking about the tree under in dagobah?

Cause that shit is leagues beyond midiclorines. Midiclorines are like the opposite of the force tree, that force tree was mysterious and theming.

We don't know if it's failed. He hasn't resumed his training yet under Stoke. We'll know more in Episode VIII obviously.

Think of it like underdoing major surgery. Even if the surgery is a success you're not leaping out of the hospital bed. There's a recovery time, but you will be stronger in the end.

That's what I got out of it, anyway.

desert people have british accents? Imagine if Luke in 4 sounded like Leia

Did ya'll really expect Daisy to give a 10/10 acting performance....she's new af, cut her some slack.
Still leagues better than any of the performances from the prequels i.e. Portman

>magic
>Force is mysticism

>midichlorians
>Force is biological
>Why didn't Palpatine just make a bunch of clones of Anakin so he could have an army of Vaders?

If the leaks about episode 8 are true, then the force came from a fucking tree.

I'M ACTING

because they'res supposed ta only be two!
a master and an apprentice!

Because it's Star Wars. You could give it to the people who made the latest Ghostbusters and it would have still broken a Billion.

Doesn't change the fact that Rey is a mary sue and the main girl in Rouge One is also going to be a Mary Sue.

Also, I haven't seen the movie except for the end when the ice planet exploded. But how much wildlife died when the planet blew up? I feel bad for them and all the trees.

>prequels
>supposedly bad writing
>supposedly
>s u p p o s e d l y

>>Why didn't Palpatine just make a bunch of clones of Anakin so he could have an army of Vaders?

They could not clone Force sensitives.

Also, it's stupid to deny the canon that the creator of the first six movies set up.

>girl puts on nerd helmet
>fa/tv/irgins cream their pants
Why am I not surprised

ignorant faggot

>force comes from a fucking leaf
GOD DAMNIT DISNEY

Why the fuck did JJ have to deleted this scene of Finn choosing not to shoot a villager? It helps Finn's character arc with fully turning away from the Empire and becoming good.

You are entirely wrong if you believe that this scene was not at all important.

Why can't they clone Force sensitives? It's just biological.

Am I the only one who hasn't watched this, and don't intend to?

good input

No fuck off, that scene was pretty much perfect, this is just spoon feeding and ruining any mystery.

If we knew immediately we wouldn't have time to build up his defection.

It's also cliche as fuck

>Still leagues better than any of the performances from the prequels i.e. Portman
I hope you are fucking joking

Probably the same reason Jackson left out the scene where Frodo and Sam get the Elvish rope and the light of earendil.
Time.

I don't know where off the top of my head, but it's canon that cloning a Force sensitive results in mutations and shit.

Step aside Reyfags. Jyn will be the true heroine of Star Wars.

They cut a lot from the movie

The Trooper who dies & puts his hand on Finn was suppose to be his best friend

Episode 2 also had this problem, it could have been far less shit if Lucas didn't cut so many important scenes

>another broad

>this is just spoon feeding and ruining any mystery.
>Showing Finn not kill an innocent Villager is ruining any mystery
Are you actually dumb user? Because what you said absolutely made no sense at all.

>If we knew immediately we wouldn't have time to build up his defection.
Again this makes 0 sense. New immediately what? The whole entire point of this scene is showing that Finn doesn't want to be evil so having him NOT kill a villager when being confronted with the opportunity to do so would have greatly shown how serious he is of hating the Empire and what they stand for.

>It's also cliche as fuck
So was the wiping the blood on the helmet but either way this deleted scene truly helps Finn's character arc and JJ was stupid for removing it

Was he the only friend?
Were all the people he viciously murdered in the hanger not his friends?
was he also 2 days from retirement?

>not realizing that you can fap to two different types of daisy now

Yeah looking at the wiki, apparently Finn was as the top of his class & rose through the ranks, he just had problems with being too empathetic.
All this time I thought he was just a janitor.

Because he wants a fight. He wants to torture Finn because he's angry. How do you people miss these things?

I liked this comedic scene between Han and Finn that was cut.
youtube.com/watch?v=qB3G2hkn278

Why do people keep talking about these "leaks"? They were called completely fake already.

No they weren't. The set picture with the tree only confirmed the leak.

That was in the novelization and was never made clear in the movie. It's possible that they changed it to just make him a janitor. Though it's true that he'd never fucked up before.

Relevant reply.

Yes they were. Pablo Hidalgo said they were absolutely fake. He's an asshole but he hasn't lied about the story direction yet.

Also I'm pretty sure that "leak" came after we saw pictures of the tree. The dialogue that went along with it was fake as hell too. Yoda didn't even talk like Yoda.

She was obviously nervous from the moment she knew she was filming for one of the biggest franchises ever. Her behind the scenes stuff was great, but she absolutely devolves into a yelly piece of shit from the moment JJ says action. They're sticking with her though, so the best we can hope for is her becoming more comfortable with the thought of playing in a Star Wars movie.

Boyega was good, though. More him, less her I say.

>Are you actually dumb user? Because what you said absolutely made no sense at all.

Less is more.
They removed something that was confirmed twice with the climax scene where finn decides to not shoot the mass of people. If we were shown the same message twice we would already know the answer to everything else.

That interaction is like a huge spurt of unnecessary exposition.
>I don't want to murder you
>Okay I'm going to run away
>I don't want to murder

The only way this would work is if they were watching him when he was shooting the mass of people to question if he can actually do it infront of the authorities.

>How do you people miss these things?
Bots don't understand drama.

These jokes are really awful.
Any "laugh in the face of danger" stuff really, like "who talks first you or me".

>MFW I refuse to see any JJ Abram movies, had zero hype for TFA and find out it was Abrams usual plagiarized shit show with a mary sue.
How he still gets work when he just steals all his ideas and his idea of camera work is more lens flare baffles me.

Damage control, TFA leaks were "confirmed" fake as well, but they were pretty much accurate

I actually think the tree origins is far worse than midichlorians, why can't they just let the force be an unknown mythical thing

>cutting out the scene when Kylo searches the Falcon
>cutting out how Kylo is the first to witness the Resistance fly down on Starkiller Base
Why does JJ suck at editing his movies?

It's not damage control. I don't remember Hidalgo ever saying anything about the TFA leaks that ended up being not true.

Why do you want so badly for that shit to be true? It isn't, so be happy.

>Breaking news: The OT had a shitty, generic script too.
Could have fooled me. Maybe it's because the two new females that were introduced were a mary sue and an incompetent retard who'd had been shot ages ago in any decently run Imperial army.

>Cutting out the scene from the novels where Kylo and Snoke talk about Vader.
>Now people think Kylo doesn't know Vader redeemed himself.

Shit like that really should have been in there. Instead we spend a fuckload of time with the Rathtar for no damn reason.

because you're the same but are trying to act cool hoping to impress a bunch of anonymous strangers?

It was also confirmed that they filmed the scene where Snoke accuses Kylo of having compassion for Rey but then cut it. I think they purposefully cut a bunch of Kylo stuff. Maybe they wanted to save more of the meat of his character for VIII?

Along those lines I really think they shouldn't have cut out Finn sparing the villager or the mentions of Rey's constant practice with flight simulators either. Or the mentions that being around the marketplace of Jakku was how she picked up different languages. All of these are pretty necessary to flesh out a protagonist. Especially since now it looks like she can do a bunch of amazing things for no reason.

They are already building up the force tree bullshit with the comics dude, it's happening

disney movie in the 21st century produced by jews.

yes an interracial coupling is definitely NOT going to happen. bet every shekel you have goys!

Obviously that tree is going to be important. It's a huge centerpiece and Luke is around it. That doesn't mean that stupid ass leak was true. They just pulled from some pretty obvious speculation. And again, the dialogue that went along with it was fake as fuck and it was debunked by an official source who hasn't lied before.

Why do some people have british accents and others don't?
Why does Finn not when the guy in charge and the captain lady had them and the troops were raised since birth by these british officers?
How does finn know what's"the right thing" is of he was raised since being a baby under first order indoctrination?
Why was only one section of the map to luke left secret instead of the whole thing?

I found the Rathtar sequence the most bizarre part of TFA. What the hell was with that pacing? What purpose did it really serve in the story? Why did we spend so much time dealing with it?

>How does finn know what's"the right thing" is of he was raised since being a baby under first order indoctrination?
see
Finn deciding to not shoot the villager is what makes him realize is the right thing, as well as witnessing all the villagers later on get massacred

>Panda official logo for VIII
>Panda is used to represent Yin-Yang in China
>Dark side = Kylo
>Light side = Rey

Bravo Disney!

it was a character introscene/background for Han and that was it.

What really kills the scene is how the lines are delivered.

The storm trooper's voice should be several octaves lower and slowed down. He sounds like he's about to piss himself in fear.

Ford needed the cocky flair he had in OT.

what

>implying Kylo isn't turning to the light side

it was meant to be a "muh nostalgia" trip seeing Han being a smuggler

Get ready because the "three" young han solo movies will be like this

They're going to fuck, aren't they?

Am I the only one who looks at Kylo Ren and sees and young Alan Rickman when he played Snape from Harry Potter?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this in a lot of places.

>"three" young han solo movies
that sounds awful.

Kek why do they just walk up to him? I don't think that's what most people would be doing in that situation.

that trailer shot looks way stupider in the movie.

kys shes shit 0/10

esquire.com/entertainment/movies/news/a47051/star-wars-young-han-solo-trilogy/

God I hope not. Just look what happened to Han and Padme.

I really like that actor but I hate the idea of that baby face being han.

Shia labeouf would be a better han.

>Am I the only one who looks at Kylo Ren and sees and young Alan Rickman when he played Snape from Harry Potter?
Don't laugh: the plot twist in Episode 8 or 9 will probably be that Han Solo allowed Kylo to kill him just like Dumbledore allowed Snape to kill him

I had an old classmate who was certain that Anikan and Padme were a thing when TPM first came out and I thought he was crazy. And he was right.

And since this is JJ Abrams, you know he's just going to rip off the the rest of the trilogy where Kylo is Vader and Rey is Luke, but in this case they fuck in the end and create a kid who's a balance of both the light and dark side of the force.

Save this post, in the coming years, even if this board burns. It will be true.

>han killed himself on purpose
FUCKING RING THEORY!

you too

Search your inner feelings... you know it to be true

I don't know how to feel about it but I actually think they might at this point. It's pretty much solid that they aren't related now. And if they aren't related, it's the most obvious trajectory for a hero and a villain who is relatively young and fascinated with her. And they seemed to go through a lot of trouble to primp up weird ass looking Adam Driver.

Plus that kind of story showed up in the old EU a few times.

Was this supposed to show some kind of remorse from him?

This was a pretty cool shot desus

How does this weapon not fuck up the environment and atmosphere of the planet?

Also, how can the planet maintain plant life if it's always frozen wasteland?

This shit always makes me laugh being from /fit

>that weird jumping lunges shit with just bodyweight...her knees can't even support that and they jerk inwards
>those light as fuck dumbell rows
>those retarded ass swimming things
>that shitty squat
>band shit
>that dude in the background bored as fuck
>box jumps for no reason

This is just sad that these "Trainers," Make her think she's actually doing something

I might be remembering wrong but I think he wasn't for this plan in the novel or script and tried to argue that it was unnecessary.

They shouldn't be making it in the first place

>being from /fit/
>meaning anything
lmao

I like this trend for big buttocked British lead actresses in Star Wars movies.

what the fuck is this a shitty tv show?

"That's not how the force works." is the best scene

>Giant death beam barreling at the planet
>Let's just stick around in the stratosphere
>hyper drive? What's that?
Even with the millions of risks of hyper driving into a space rock. It's still better than sticking around and being blown up.

Say that to my face and not online.

was that a spring board trap?
Are they running from ewoks?

Possibly. I'm sure he knows all about what Leia went through with Alderaan. I doubt he was completely immune to watching this.

What's Han's expression trying to convey?

She is not nearly as bad as Cred Forums makes her out to be. This was her first major role and she did her job. Cred Forums is often spergy and just wishes the lead was a strong white male because half of them only watch steve mcqueen films and think Star Wars isnt supposed to relate to anyone else or is sacred

>big buttocked British lead actresses
Still waiting for you to post one

Well whatever they did pumped her ass up from nonexistent. So something they were doing worked.

Don't try to make excuses for her shitty performance, if she wasn't up to the job she shouldn't have been cast.

Her performance wasnt that bad. Keep raging.

>because half of them only watch steve mcqueen films
Oh really? I didn't know this. Steve McQueen is a great director

>Hunger
>Shame
>12 Years A Slave

...oh wait you mean the actor?

>Her performance wasnt that bad
Top Kek

>literally show her in leggings
>she literally has no ass to speak of
>thinks she isn't padding it in dresses

SSSSSMOKIN'

Felicity Jones has quite a large butt on a 5'2" frame.

You don't know what you're talking about and it's a pathetic argument that people are against her simply becasue she's not male.

Who's hand is that?

Are you a retard?
There's clearly a time-frame between those

Look at her newer workout stuff. It's there and it didn't used to be.

>literally doesn't understand the concept of the passage of time
>literally thinks every webm on the internet is from yesterday

>Cred Forums has gone full sperg about women and blacks before
>"its not bc she was a woman , duhh"
>"dur she sucks bc shes bad because I say so reee"
>thinking this is anywhere near a valid or constructive opinion

Half of you are retards honestly

>if you dont agree with my opinion on an actors performance, you are wrong

Mommy should have told you the word "no" more

>Half of you are retards honestly
Thanks for the compliment.

>defending some ugly bitch with a huge mouth

lol low standards are we

You must be new, because ppl literally sperged out for months that she had a vagina. Because star wars isnt supposed to have those

>quite a large butt
Maybe for an Irishman
I'm not impressed

I so hope they become a couple

;_;

Yes, this really is not that bad of an audition or performance. Calm down neet

So when plinkett bashes it what will Cred Forums say about the movie.

Initially they sperged because they thought FInn was was the protag and he was black.
It's hilarious how easily they flipped the script afterward.

That it is a masterpiece

I'd jiggle it.

They won't.

They sperged about Rey too. Finn just a bit more

Your arguments would have had merit before tfa came out but anyone who saw the movie can plainly see how bad she was. I even gave you some examples in my post.

Han was really unnecessary.

Again it is a case of
>she bad because I say so
>look at dis one minute long clip. Ha! Now my opinion is fact, checkmate

Great points neet, hows that one high school film class treating you?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>a hillbilly farmer somehow has the strength of will to stay levelheaded when she confronts a guy who can literally move shit with his mind

She's a shit actress. She no sold everything to the point she wasn't afraid of anything.

You're not making any arguments, the evidence is clear as day. Perhaps you just don't know bad acting when you see it.

A "hillbilly" trained by luke Skywalker who had her memories wioed and is probably related to Luke and is force sensitive

Is your complete knowledge of this film only in memes? It sounds like you actually never watched it

>its a reddit wants to fit in episode

Have you even read the thread? Lots of proof has been posted that Daisy wasn't such a good actress in TFA. No doubt she will improve but she just wasn't that good in this movie.

Even JJ called her acting "wooden" on the first day of filming. Go and google this

"Evidence"

Lol okay, kiddo.

kek was thinking the same thing m8

All of this is not true. She never encountered Luke before this and Rey Skywalker is all but buried.

She was trembling and crying during the interrogation scene with Kylo. She also looked blatantly terrified when he first approached her and froze her. She was stumbling back looking upset and barely even trying to aim anymore.

>evidence
>anything presented in support of an assertion.
You've still made no arguments validating your opinion.

Watch the scene where she first encounters Kylo Ren again. She doesn't look levelheaded at all.

Hamill was much better in A New Hope. It also helped that he was working with better material. The combination of prequel tier writing and little acting experience did Rey few favors.

One day you people will have to accept Rey is just a terribly written character. You Reyfags are quick to say: "B-But Luke..."

Probably one of the best new actresses of all time.

Go and watch Goosebumps. Literally all those young actresses are far superior than Daisy

What do you guys think daisy's butthole taste like?

Is kylo rens lightsabre supposed to be yellow and red?

>friend of Poe's gets shot
>Poe in anger shoots at kylo
>Poe then gets knocked in the gutt and dragged to kylo
>suddenly he makes a quip
>and then makes another quip

I feel like those jokes were supposed to be more spiteful. Doesn't make sense for him to 180 into meta sarcasm.

The lightsaber awakens latent memories that were blocked. She clearly has some level of training as a child by luke. And if you dont think shes in some way related to the skywalkers (aka, kylo's cousin or some autistic shit) then you dont know star wars

Did any of you watch the fucking movie? Christ. Did all of you miss that slight flashback scene with rey as a child?

You just keep sperging out that shes bad because you say so.

>all of this is not true
There is a flashback scene where she is left on jakku you retard. Her memories were wiped

Evidence isnt just "anything that I can gather to support an assertion", evidence needs to be compelling, valid and concrete. It has to actually support the assetion, not just exist. Not just "a lot of it" or "me thinking it is"

Did you look at those clips? Are you saying that was good acting?

Please show or tell me about a part where she performed well.

>2 hour and 40ish minute film
>did I see the one cheerypicked clip where I think shes bad?

Its almost like whether we like her or not is based on opinion. Gee...almost as if liking her performance or not isnt a fact

Really makes you think

So are they just going to have Finn ignore that Poe murdered his best friend?
The trees still being there means the weapon has never been fired before. How did they know it wouldn't fuck up and destroy the entire First Order?

I think she showed a strong enough performance through the whole thing, user. You keep acting like your opinion is objective fact. I can nitpick any actor for a few minutes of bad takes. She worked well off of Boyega, the performance seemed more organic as thr film went on and shes not bad at emoting

I know you dont seem to know much about acting but jesus fuck, user. Shes really not that bad

>The trees still being there means the weapon has never been fired before. How did they know it wouldn't fuck up and destroy the entire First Order?

these are people that build a giant weakness that blows it up instantly if shot.
3 TIMES.

It's best not to think about it.

Please post one part from the movie where her performance was good.

She wasn't on screen for 2 hours and 40 minutes, those clips show multiple instances where her poor acting is evident.

Im on mobile, but I thought her reactions to han's death were genuine looking and believable. The complaint by some seems to be that she has a big mouth and a long face...which crunches up when she cries and can look off. That has nothing to do with her ability to convey those scenes. She sells the grief scenes for the most part. The only time I thought it was overdone was during the interrogation segment to be honest. But thats probably bc she has to pretend a little more. And even then, it wasnt bad

Thosr clips are maybe 4 minutes total. The character was in the majority of the fucking movie. Rey was on screen more than any other character. Are you legit retarded? She got the longest establishing character segment...it ran for like 20 goddamn minutes