New Spider-Man: Homecoming Set Photos Show Mysterious Redhead

>Yesterday, director Jon Watts teased Spidey fans with high-flying aerial stunts being filmed on the Atlanta, Georgia set of Spider-Man: Homecoming, posting a video that included "TO SET" sign and the sound of a helicopter operating overhead and off-screen.

>Later in the night, stunt doubles for Spider-Man and a mysterious redhead, presumably Mary Jane Watson (who will be played by Zendaya Coleman), were spotted hanging high above Atlanta, hanging from wires attached to a helicopter. The stuntman and stuntwoman, who was clutching the Wall-Crawler, wearing a sparkly evening dress, and filming the moment with a camera phone, boldly swung back-and-forth, giving off the appearance that Spidey was swinging.

comicbook.com/2016/09/19/new-spider-man-homecoming-set-photos-show-mysterious-redhead/

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

btw this is a photo of Zendaya on set so I doubt the redhead is Zendaya

>take a mixed skin girl
>cast her as a white redhead
>dye her hair red
perfect

see
The body of that redhead doesn't even resemble Zendaya

Bitch be fat

don't you mean thiccccccc tyreese

I know it's literally a white genocide.

no one likes fat chubby girls unless you are a black male

I really don't think she's playing Mary Jane, she's still credited as "Michelle" but I think all the secrecy is because she's playing Riri Williams. Riri and Peter are both science types and both associated with tony stark (who is also in the movie). We know the old avenger actors are being phased out and after infinity war 2 we'll be looking at a whole new, much younger version of the avengers with Tony stark making cameos as a nick fury leader type.
In those pics she looks nothing like an outgoing (MJ is outgoing) cheerleader model type, she looks like fucking bookworm nerd smart type (Riri)

So in other words: the MCU is going to be getting 10 times more shit?

I actually wouldn't mind this at all. Seems like a smart idea though, so I'm sure it's not gonna happen

so it seems

>I actually wouldn't mind this at all.
People like you is what is ruining cinema

Why? It seems like an awesome idea. Thats whats happening in the comics anyway.

>swinging at breakneck speed hundreds of feet in the air, only held by one arm of a teenage boy.
>have the cognition to pull out your phone and take a selfie.

Either marvel are idiots or women are more self centered than I thought.

>It seems like an awesome idea.
>Black young women replacing Tony Stark as Iron Man
>Captain Marvel Women
ummm ok...

>wearing a sparkly evening dress
>girl in pic clearly wearing pants

but dude social media lmao

well, I prefer this to them recasting Tony Stark or some other shit. I also don't mind niggas, really makes you think.

Do you reckon they will kill off Parker and bring in Miles as Spiderman like in the new comics?

>no one is complaining about how fake the suit looks
His ass too... doesn't match with the body. Looks like they hired a chubby stunt guy to wear the suit

eventually that would be the smart way to go forward, though with how young this new actor is they could last quite a long time with him

NEW IMAGE

>mfw this is actually Mary Jane

>eventually that would be the smart way to go forward
You are a troll aren't you?

Sorry but this is not the Spiderman universe that I am into seeing

>BUT IT HAPPENS IN THE COMICS
I don't get at all for the new comics

listen, I'm just saying that if they are ever going to replace these characters I'd rather them have a successor for the character instead of a recast. Them staying dead would be fine by me too but we all know they're not gonna have that. I don't even read comics, I just don't believe they'll be making any new characters when they have something to replace them with already.

I'm user that posted this Forgot to add that I think there was a rumour on the web several months ago about zendaya playing Riri.

But IF zendaya is playing Riri, she won't be full out ironheart or anything, they'll just introduce the character, let the audience know she's smart / has potential, and establish her in the universe by including her in the plot of the movie, and her relationship to Tony and Peter.

>Sorry but this is not the Spiderman universe that I am into seeing

That's the point, it's not the same thing for a 3rd time in a row, they want to change it up.

>That's the point

The point is to make a spider-man universe people don't want to see?

You honestly think they plan on doing the same thing they've already done twice before?

Spider-man: Black Lives Matter

You're putting words in people's mouths.

No. I never said "its bad because it's different."

Someone said they didn't want to see this particular imagining and you told them that's the point. Not a single person in that quote chain said it was simply due to it being different.

It looks unappealing.

>Mary Jane
>not having Gwen Stacy be the main girl

>capeshit
>cinema

it'll be some scene that subverts the spiderman lore of mary jane
he'll save her and she'll go "thanks tiger" and he'll be like whatever and leave

>Not somehow sick of faggot numale "spider qwen" circle jerks.

Marvel fans.

>who will be played by Zendaya Coleman
okay how can you look at that photo and at least not ask some questions? These people are in total denile

Shes a bit chubby, Although she is just a double
I dont really car that much though, still more accurate than zen would have ever been

I never said anything about it being bad or good, and I don't care what people think. I never said you said you think it's bad...

I was simply stating that this particular imagining is a result of them trying to be different from the first two imaginings, to set themselves apart from the first two.

its just a rando

If it is, leaking it is a fucking dick move

Isn't Mary Jane a reporter for the daily bugle in the comics? is that some fan girl taking selfie as she's getting rescued? Or perhaps a savvy reporter busting out her camera?

>MJ a reporter
no, god no. why not just google that instead of posting like a jackass?

Disney runs the MCU bro

You would think Sony would have learned by now that this shit doesn't work

>Ultishit Spider-man
there's your problem, never watch this dribble again

>it's not canon and doesn't count because i don't like it

about done with your shit right now, fuckwit

>get dick sucked by media for being so progressive and giving some darkie kid their breakout role
>when it flops, pull some standard hollywood accounting and act like it never happened

what's to learn, really?

Why is this being shot in ATL? Spidey is NY based all day.

>it's not canon and doesn't count because no one likes it
fify

>Sony
>learning
Next you'll tell me WB would have learned shit as well

If it wasn't for Disney I doubt Zendaya would have even be cast in this flick at all

to be honest when I first heard the music to the original annie I thought she was black

I didn't see the actual movie till years later

I don't even think Mary Jane will be in this movie, just like she wasn't in the Andrew Garfield series.
Marvel are going to want to play the long game so going all in with all of these characters doesn't make a lot of sense.

is that real? why does spidey look fat as fuck

I think you're forgetting Marvel has to put up with Amy Pascal in order to keep Tom Rothman and Avi Arad away.

this fucking shot, are we just going to pretend this looks good? I really hope that is just a stunt suit that'll get fixed up in post, CHRIST.

It's not 1972, fuckwit. 90% of what you see on-screen for these kinds of movies is post-processing

all the raw footage could be of an avocado rolling off the wing of a 747 into a pit of snakes and they'd be able to edit it into a full spiderman movie with CG

See I could see Amy Pascal pushing the idea of MJ as a journalist, she likes stronk smart women and the idea of MJ (a main female character) just as eye candy or Spider-Man's trophy girl is sexist, and getting paid for her looks (modelling) isn't a good of a role model for young women. Plus it's a narrative that Disney has already established. At least, that's how I could see Amy spinning it.

>evening dress
those are fucking pants.

She just looks Latina now.

Fuckin Peter Porker over here

You do know Sony has nothing to do with Spiderman Homecoming, right?

if only that was true

>Spider-Man in the MCU is announced
>FUCKING SONY BTFO!!!! BASED MARVEL WILL HAVE COMPLETE CREATIVE CONTROL SO THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO FUCK IT UP ANYMORE!!!!

>Spider-Man Homecoming looks like shit more and more each day
>F-FUCKING SONY HAD TO RUIN EVERYTHING AGAIN!!!! MARVEL CAN DO NO WRONG, IT HAS TO BE SONY'S FAULT THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!!!!

Like poetry.

>All news about Homecoming is fake
>Marvel is secretly making Spider-Ham

They really like their movie synergy

fuck how long will this MCU train go

>all the raw footage could be of an avocado rolling off the wing of a 747 into a pit of snakes and they'd be able to edit it into a full spiderman movie with CG

best analogy ive read in months

godspeed user

That's, like, a hundred times more shit than kolkata

Pascal isn't with Sony anymore

Fucking faggot I hope your mother dies in her sleep

Oh, I get it.
>Peter saves Redhead
>she tries to kiss him
>"Sorry, not into gingers"

Are you telling me you wouldn't feel incredibly safe in Spider-Man's arms?

You say that like it's already shit

You can't ruin capekinos, you pleb.

>stunt woman for a black actress is a white redhead
Does any thought at all go into these articles?

No, but she's still producing Homecoming

>Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.
>marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

This movie never stood a chance

>all the raw footage could be of an avocado rolling off the wing of a 747 into a pit of snakes and they'd be able to edit it into a full spiderman movie with CG

holy fuck i love that image

It's Aunt May.

Sony does have final say in casting, that much is confirmed.

By one arm of a mutate. Not just a teenager.

i dont get it, are those 2 different girls or is one of them a double?

mad gay

>take blonde girl
>cast her as a redhead
>dye her hair red
perfect

>People working for peanuts doing the dangerous work, while the snobs get paid millions and still manage to bitch about trivial things.

>Spider-Man Homecoming looks like shit more and more each day
Anyone who cares about the skin color of fictional characters is a fucking bozo.

she looks older
pls be older than the other characters

lol you're fucking dumb. She was the perfect MJ.

lol you're fucking dumb. lol

No. NO!

If the actress doesn't have the exact same height, weight, skin color, hair color, and eye color as the comic book character I WILL AUTISM DAMNIT.

It's why Famke was such a shit Jean Grey and Sophie Turner was CLEARLY SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY BECAUSE HAIR COLOR DIFFERENT COLOR NO HAIR COLOR SAME COLOR YES.

Sean Connery is objectively the worst James Bond because he's not the right ethnicity.

Yeah, I mean we should totally make a movie about To Kill a Mockinbird and cast a white guy as Tom. It's not like skin color matters, right?

She's a stunt gal. Those are usually toned as fuck.

It straight up doesn't and I hope they do exactly that to make idiots on the internet like you who care about "social justice in fiction" upset.

Wow.

Nah, I think people are just pissed because it's clearly a marketing thing.

lololololololol

>Atlanta, Georgia set

Sony's going all out I see.

Why would you get upset over that?

IT'S NOT SONY. STOP BLAMING SONY FOR THE THINGS THEY RELEASE. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER ANY OF IT!

>a lot of people wanted donglover to be spider man
>end up making everyone BUT spiderman brown

bravo disney

it's cheaper
it's like filming everything in toronto

I could care less. I won't see this because comic book movies are boring and predictable. I just think it's funny that people refuse to see what's really going on.

kill yourself

So people aren't pissed? But you said they were.

>I could care less
triggered

Still this is miles better than the stunt double they used for Daniel Craig on Spectre.

>i'd rather have another spiderman origin story as long as hes white

neat

It's a trick to make people go see the film thinking something changed.

Looked good on screen so I don't understand the fuss you're trying to make.

How does he become Spider-Man? The world will never know.

>all the raw footage could be of an avocado rolling off the wing of a 747 into a pit of snakes and they'd be able to edit it into a full spiderman movie with CG.

Hah

The point is that a rubber mask is what is missing. What are you some kind of fucking retard?

What's that? Practical effects suck dick and CGI is way better?

No, I said I'm not pissed. Just tired of this cheap attempt at selling movies. It doesn't work either. The people defending it never buy the tickets.
Be careful, or you'll get the big sausage pizza treatment.

Nothing about Spectre looked good on screen.

>Just tired of this cheap attempt at selling movies.
As opposed to all the other cheap attempts at selling movies?

I mean, movies are a business. They gotta sell them. Dunno why that bothers you, buddy.

Quip so good they're gonna put it in the next Marvel movie.

Donald would never be spiderman. I would rather see Jaden smith as spiderman.

Oh my fucking god

If they actually fucking pull this shit, I will never watch another marvel movie again. Who will they pass the torch to when RDJ leaves? OF COURSE, A FUCKING BLACK TEENAGE GIRL.

I don't know. Why does my opinion bother you? The thread is in reference to the fact that they cast a mixed chick to play a white girl, so that's what we're currently discussing. You're not one of those dinks that goes into a thread to intentionally trigger himself, are you?

Marvel has always been crap.
Most fans didn't see how dumb marvel was until Civil War (in the comics, not the film) happened. Marvel lost a lot of fans, combined with the 90's being one of the worst comic eras financially speaking and killing alot of fans so they had to regroup, retool, let disney cuck their characters and do whatever they want.
Nobody respectable does anything for marvel comics.
Disney makes billions off stealing other peoples ideas, fucking over fans, and actually manipulating the US copyright laws to their will.
DC steals a bit less, and has some actually good comics in the last ten years, but everything they've done post Dark Knight is shit, film wise.
they're distributing the film though, correct?
There is some weird split of profits that they are doing, but I'm not sure what percents we are looking at.

Sophie Turner has dirty-blonde natural hair.

Also, kill yourself.

Your opinion doesn't bother me, friend. Truth is, I'm bored and trying to figure out why you're getting flustered over the casting of capeshit.

>false-flagging this hard
Don't lay it on so thick next time, m90, at least try to make it believable.

best reddit post ive read in minutes

kill yourself user

The user who keeps replying "kill yourself" in this thread is a faggot.

kill yourself

Spiderman looks thicc but with chicken legs.

>is white like mj
>has red hair like mj
Not seeing the issue, tiger.

Spidey's stunt double's body is fucking hilarious.

aren't redheads already minority in america?

WOAH, HE TOOK THAT MAN'S FRIDGE

She literally was.

chill, it won't happen

Riri is not even an established character, no one would watch this shit

>Riri

At least in the comics we will have Iron Doom.