Anybody wanna watch this with me? looks kind of comfy. starts in 10 minutes

anybody wanna watch this with me? looks kind of comfy. starts in 10 minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UMf24rEsMOs?t=57
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anybody?

>Soulmate is in the same area
>Which means they had to die around the same time on the same day.
>Which means it had to be an even spread of males to females as well.

Becker is pretty fun too.

black man white woman surprise

Seriously.

It's a bit silly at this point and kinda hard to think it's not a conspiracy.

Pretty comfy so far, would get high and watch again

I hope there's unlimited asian massage parlors in the good place

>implying there's just a good place and bad place

It's almost funny, kind of boring.

I always had that idea that when you die you can ask anything and find out the truth like what happened to that thing I lost or who would have had sex with me I think there was a snl skit about it once

what the hell

trippy

yeah the setting is complete crap. but that 's how it should be, they shouldn't try to answer everything.
that said, this twist looks stupid as fuck. maybe it's a "test" sort of thing, but it seems like it's aimless this far in.

>NBC forcing this show to be dumb

whyyyyy

naw yeah classic redemption story. open close shut.

another decent premise dumbed down and ruined like last man on earth

What makes you think it's NBC

it is on it.

yeah but what if the creator is just garbage

>she's a janitor
>for free

As the show progresses it's going to be revealed that Tahani hates her husband and the goody two shoes act. Screencap this.

Truman show meets fantasy island

nigga that's like the second most foreshadowed thing, right next to the whole thing being a vast jewish conspiracy.

>Literal "kick the dog moment"

God this show sucks
Will this be picked up for Season 2?

So, like, 3 semi-weird people? 4 if you count Eleanor?

>Tahani, the condescending grand-daughter of a princess
>the 2 trash bros, who are WAY too into picking up trash
>the "real" Eleanor, who was super into clowns

might not make it to the new year

NBC sure knows how to pick them

A little unrelated, but how do I avoid writing something as boring and predictable as this?

>Irresistible
>Great
>92% on RT

???

fucking hell

well tonight was a bust with this and Kevin can wait

what a tweest

What happened at the end? I wasn't paying attention.

he was actually a white woman irl, but in heaven his physical appearance reflects his true feelings, resolving his gender and racial dysphoria

a note that said "you don't belong here"

safe money's on there being more misfits
like, most/all of them

someone slipped a note under her door that said you don't belong here

Go for cheap, basic, and overall uninteresting characterization. Do it for 2 episodes.

I mean, come ON. Out of all the ways to deepen our understanding of Eleanor, they use dickishness about being the designated driver? So goddamn lame.

wow, that's very exciting.

Yeah, Eleanor doesn't come off as a bad person at all, her being played by pure incarnate Kristen Bell doesn't help either.

In the trailer she actually makes an offer to a young lad to eat her farts. How can she be a bad person?

youtu.be/UMf24rEsMOs?t=57

Well, that's beside the point. The concept of the "good place" is that 99% of people who've ever lived aren't good enough to be there (and, thus, must go to the "bad place"). So, sure, she's not Hitler-incarnate, but she's certainly not a cut above your average Joe.

(Even more fucked up is that, judging by what was said in the first episode, even mostly good people aren't good enough on average. Like, literally *literally* only 1 in a million have a shot to get in.)

the vagueness of the "bad place" is really concerning, but it's not like it's for a reason.

She's not even as bad as Bart Simpson. Who thought of this shit? Why does it have such great reviews?

that's pretty strict, I'm waiting for it to air on the West coast, did they address goodness from a Kantian or utilitarian point of view? A poor person might have a heart of gold but a rich scumbag can do more for global happiness through charity than the poor guy can ever do.

>she's not Hitler-incarnate, but she's certainly not a cut above your average Joe.
Her level of "badness" didn't seem very consistent.

a point system per act. not exactly high minded stuff.

>A poor person might have a heart of gold but a rich scumbag can do more for global happiness through charity than the poor guy can ever do.
Most of the people in The Good Place seemed to be born into wealth.

How does every perfect person get a soulmate in the good place as well? I mean surely there's a good person whose soulmate is not a saint and he'd end up in the bad place. Are they fakes like the dog?

Wow God's a classist dick in this show
Good people get along with each other easily. If you're able to communicate, don't have emotional issues, don't have to deal with financial stress, etc., then there's thousands of people out there that you'd be able to connect deeply with.

Yeah but soulmate means literally one person out of every person alive at the time you were alive.

Does it really though? Most people who claim to have met their soulmate - funny how they happened to live in the same area, go to the same school, work in the same area. They didn't have to go to Africa to find their soulmate.

I assume they would use it in the same way in the show where it just means a really good match.

Yeah but it's used by a near omnipotent being, You'd tend to take it literally since he knows about anything on earth, and not in your immediate surroundings. I guess it's just the way he says 'your' soulmate is here. Could be the case they just matched the people already there up.

maybe the black guy is a really really good dude and God is giving him his soulmate as a reward, now he just has to make sure she turns into a good person who deserves to be there to hold up his side of the bargain

Seeing that just made me miss Bored to Death something awful. I love old Tend Danson. Maybe I'll check it out.

Don't bother.

Roger that. Is Blunt Talk good? Same creator as BtD. Maybe I'll just watch those for the third time...

Haven't seen either, but stay away from The Good Place.

So what are they actually trying to make the "Good," Place seem shitty and pretentious by making everyone rich?

>well why would I want to be there anyways! it's just rich people!
>I don't belong here hehe I mean I'd rather be in the bad place where it's cool!

Seems like the show is so convoluted it won't make it past November.

>I don't belong here hehe I mean I'd rather be in the bad place where it's cool!
The Good Place is indeed pretentious and nauseatingly optimistic, but every tiny glimpse we get of The Bad Place makes it out to be nothing to never-ending fire and agony.

I can see it getting retconned by episode 2-3

We already saw episode 2, either way it wouldn't make the show more interesting.