ITT: cool fictional tech from movies and tv shows you like

ITT: cool fictional tech from movies and tv shows you like

pic very much related. Those gauntlets are just neat as fuck.

Crossbones was kinda' wasted.

agreed. but that whole getup is sweet.

the lawgiver from Dredd, the idea of exchangeable tips for a bullet is fucking badass and I wish it was real

The gauntlets literally do nothing

in theory it totally works. it's just a matter of practical application.

the comic design is so goofy, but still cool.

they enhance his punching power by a pretty big margin

And how exactly do they do that, apart from increasing the mass of his punching thingies?

you can clearly tell that they utilize hydraulics or pneumatic systems of some kind.

I haven't seen the movie / show / whatever capeshit this is from. But judging by the photo, it looks like each gauntlet has pistons attached to the push-plate at the end. Presumably when he punches, the pistons rapidly extend, pushing the plate towards whatever he's punching.

Literally took that from fallout

I was gonna say. It's just a power gauntlet or whatever they're called. But things like that aren't that uncommon in sci fi-fantasy.

Eternal youth from "Young At Heart".

wouldnt that just push his arm away from what he was punching? you'd need a full exo suit that braces against the ground for it to enhance his punches

is that Warwick Davis in that suit?

No more worrying about parallel parking if you have an Audi RSQ vintage 2004

That super serum shit from Captain America.

Except that HE is braced against the ground. Plus, if it moves fast enough, there isn't enough time for the recoil to counteract the forward motion. It has to move the mass of his body.

Plus, even if it was free floating in space, it would still punch you pretty fucking hard if your face was right in front of it. It increases its length.

The Punisher is way cooler than that faggot Crossbones.

Yes, but they won't put him in a movie because he is too violent and gun loving for Disney. And if they did, he would be a straight up villain, not even an anti-villain.

Crossbones isn't getting his own netflix show though

Oh that's cool. I'd always thought it just alternated between firing different kinds of bullets, rather than tips.

Like switching to armor-piercing loaded some armor piercing rounds in the little front magazine, instead of the main handle mag.

They always put the violent stuff on TV. In the marvel movies, there is a lot of shooting, but almost no one getting killed by guns. In Daredevil alone, it's par for the course.

Shame they killed him moments into the movie.

Like why even bother rehiring the actor if he's going to die so soon? Just call him the same name (if continuity matters that much) but don't have him remove the mask.

That is what I assumed, too. The simple of course is that there isn't nearly enough room for all those rounds with upscaling to ridiculous handcannon levels.

Don't worry about it. Cap wrecks them 3 seconds into their 8 second fight.

To me though that made sense because in the movie he doesn't seem to have all that much of the specialty ammo, just a few shots of each.

Like as I recall he only uses maybe three types after entering Peach Trees, so it would make sense if the front mag only held maybe 10 bullets total, of the various different types.

Yeah fallout got them from shadowrun I think.

Obligatory

trips of truth.