By tomorrow, the media/press is going to do an about face on this thanks to David Simon's outburst tonight...

By tomorrow, the media/press is going to do an about face on this thanks to David Simon's outburst tonight, I guarantee it. Get ready to hear all about how The Wire is "problematic" and "cultural appropriation" done by ignorant racist old white man.

Other urls found in this thread:

gq.com/story/david-simon-bad-tweet?mbid=social_twitter
nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/wire-creator-david-simon-attacked-n-word-article-1.2798844
gq.com/story/david-simon-bad-tweet
twitter.com/search?q=from:AoDespair "white people"&src=typd
twitter.com/search?q=from:AoDespair "white men"&src=typd
theguardian.com/world/2013/may/25/the-wire-creator-us-drug-laws
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What did he say?

What outburst?

Who cares. When are we getting The Deuce?

He said "nigga" and people are going nuts and he's getting into twitter fights

RiP

David Simon is a fucking stupid classcuck Hillary supporter though. I don't give a fuck about him. His retard-level liberalism proves that The Wire, while good, was still ultimately just a plea for "nicer capitalism" wrapped up in copaganda.

THIS

Exactly. He just shot himself in the foot, like every sjwcuck that get sjwcucked by the other sjwcucks, sjwcucking for everything.

dumb frogposter
sjw scum

DS thinks he's cooler than he is. He's got the same obnoxious middle aged wigger thing going that Tarantino does.

The left eating the left.

During Season 3 he posted on the HBO forums that he was deeply troubled by the problematic number of black crew working on the show -- only 70% of the crew was black. He whinged so hard and "apologized", saying he was taking every possible step to increase this figure.

twitter is pretty much the worst fucking place in the world. it's full of fucking SJWs and nu-males who are just waiting to get offended at the tiniest thing. calling hannity "my nigga" because it's a joke to apoint him as a town hall moderator about black issues is not offensive in the least and i'm guessing 99% of the people telling david simon to be ashamed of himself are white liberals.

What a fag

more context on this plz? screencaps? link?

Who gives a fuck what is and isn't offensive?

The liberal nonsense machine requires sacrifices.

it's still up, just look up david simon news

>gq.com/story/david-simon-bad-tweet?mbid=social_twitter

Smh

Simon BTFO

>A straight white male thought SJWs where his friends

eh, the work stands on its own.

>why didn't foxnews pickup deray or l'dante instead of a host they own?

Given that he's been vocally against the war on drugs and mass incarceration, I'm assuming that he was being super sarcastic since Hanity is likely the last person the media should want talking about black issues.

Now there's blow back because he was being too meta.

It does and it doesn't. Funny how in the entire show NEVER not once was it pointed out that the Democrat political machine has been running Baltimore for the last 50 years. Oh, there was some political analysis, but was the word 'Democrat" even mentioned?

Duh. His problem was that he though he was 'down' enough to say the sacred word.

These people are toddlers.

Democrats were mentioned a lot. CIA turns down the money to help the schools just because it'll make him a big guy to turn down the republican to the other democrats.

yeah it's a great show like I said. It still has its limits. knowing what a dumb, clinton-loving liberal the writer was just helps you see where the limits of the show are.

Dems were mentioned a lot.

Did they say democrat?

Season 4 sure as fuck didn't point any of it's many fingers at the teacher's union.

>Season 4 sure as fuck didn't point any of it's many fingers at the teacher's union.
lol how the fuck is the teacher's union at fault? what are you, an ancap?

>read an interview with David Simon the other day
>he actually believes people are going to start voluntarily paying for quality journalism
>"they used to buy a newspaper"
mfw

You play in the dirt you get dirty faggot lol

reminder that this "writer" got paid to use the phrase "the wokest of the woke" and put up a fucking kanye gif

he's prob a 23 yo unpaid 'intern'

Journalism is dead. It died a long time ago. The papers were just liberal propaganda mouthpieces anyway.

His hard on for newspapers were unreal for the 5th season.

Besides Templeton and a few of the owners of the Sun the rest of the newspaper cast were noble-honest-randomly-quoting-literature-paragons, it was jarring considering the rest of characters have some complexity and contradiction to them.

I had to look them up because they were so forgettable but Gus, Alma, Jay, Mike, whoever, are the exact same boring character. Also that Simon cameo in the newsroom

Just an out of touch old libtard

They clearly say that all politicians in the show are Democrats since a goat with "Democrat" written on it could win against any Republican in Baltimore.

>retarded white supremacists can't spell 4 letter words
Shocking.

Shut up

So it begins:
nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/wire-creator-david-simon-attacked-n-word-article-1.2798844

gq.com/story/david-simon-bad-tweet

Lib media in attack mode

>as the birther candidates
>Trump
I thought Hillary started that

nobody cares about the wire

no one cared about it even when it was new

This. Only holier than thou pretentious libtards who thought it made them hip pretended to like that shit.

I think that's why he said candidates, rather than candidate.

The Wire is in the Caucasian Cat Nip Hall of Fame.

Oy vey.

David Simon is a retard for thinking he could do that but the black women in the replies make my fucking blood boil. Someone legitimately said he's going to try to whitesplain his way out of this. Fucking get cancer.

But oh well. The Sopranos and Mad Men are better anyway.

Can you imagine being the black guy who worked with him and will now be forced to talk about how he isn't a racist? Idris Elba and Omar must be thankful they're now big enough not to be pushed around like this.

hahahahahahaha he's done for

cmon people. it's 2016. white people can say nigga now

>haha dude everyone who has different opinions and tastes than me is just pretending
So when did you get the diagnosis?

Exactly

Actually, I'm equally annoyed at each side on this one. Because although I hate backlash over tongue-in-cheek shit like this, I also hate white/male SJWs who think that being "one of the good ones" earns them certain privileges. Hannity wouldn't be allowed by the social justice crowd to say nigga under any circumstances, so you follow their line you shouldn't do it either.

Being the wokest of the wokes doesn't mean you're now above the rules you help enforce.

She didn't. Does no one here actually look into facts?

What a surprise most people were too stupid to understand the point he was trying to make

>Being the wokest of the wokes doesn't mean you're now above the rules you help enforce.

And before anyone says he doesn't do that:

twitter.com/search?q=from:AoDespair "white people"&src=typd

twitter.com/search?q=from:AoDespair "white men"&src=typd

He's all in the social justice culture, so he should know better.

>When Simon brought that heresy to London last week – to take part in a debate hosted by the Observer – he was inevitably asked about what reformers celebrate as recent "successes" – votes in Colorado and Washington to legalise marijuana.
>"I'm against it," Simon told his stunned audience at the Royal Institution on Thursday night. "The last thing I want to do is rationalise the easiest, the most benign end of this. The whole concept needs to be changed, the debate reframed.
>"I want the thing to fall as one complete edifice. If they manage to let a few white middle-class people off the hook, that's very dangerous. If they can find a way for white kids in middle-class suburbia to get high without them going to jail," he continued, "and getting them to think that what they do is a million miles away from black kids taking crack, that is what politicians would do."
>If marijuana were exempted from the war on drugs, he insisted, "it'd be another 10 or 40 years of assigning people of colour to this dystopia."
theguardian.com/world/2013/may/25/the-wire-creator-us-drug-laws

Am I supposed to feel sorry that this asshole is going to get obliterated by SJWs?

wow, fuck this guy so hard
i've never even seen the wire but i sure as hell won't now

Watch it even if the guy is a bit of a dick.

He would have to do something much worse than that to ruin the entire experience for me. The Wire is better than any Polanski movie and I'm still into Polanski, so he'd have to do something literally worse than pedophilia.

>subsequently calls all the black people taking offense "hall monitors"
i'm getting a sick satisfaction from seeing him get eaten alive in the replies by these constant victims and guilt-ridden whites.

and he just carries on with his typical bullshit without further addressing or apologizing; the fire's only going to grow larger the more he buckles down and/or ignores it.

>The Wire is better than any Polanski movie
Polanski movies never had a character as awful as Brother Mouzone though.

No subtlety. Disgusting.

>Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.

>In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.

Mouzone always felt so completely out of tune with the rest of the show that I'd give Simon the benefit of the doubt and assume some retarded producer pushed it in or whatever.

i mean, have you ever encountered a nation of islam type? those guys are seriously fucking ridiculous.

It's not that Brother Mouzone is an eccentric suit wearing religious fanatic who believes that white people were created by an evil black mad scientist. It's that he's portrayed as some hyper-badass intellectual who should be the villain in a fucking James Bond movie.

>cant separate art from the artist
why are Cred Forums faux-conservatives the biggest plebs?

Because they're actually just reactionary versions of SJWs who feel just as entitled to being pandered to in every aspect of their lives.

All of those posters are talking 100% about David Simon, 0% about the show.

Seems like the one who can't separate the art from the artist is you.

Mouzone wasn't ridiculous though, he was a black militant Mary Sue.

Except the posts I noted were referencing the quality/direction of The Wire specifically in addition to the man himself. Learn to read, mother fucker.

You're right.
>fucking SJWs
>all they do is cry and whine on twitter
And then they come here and do the same fucking thing. The irony is so thick that I don't know how these ignorant fucks are still breathing.

But they do. The entire character of Royce was based around this. Narese also acts like to run B-More is her god given right. When Tommy wins and Royce and Tommy are talking, they even mention how he got a 80 something % vote in the general.

niggers sure are reasonable about the things they get upset over. and boy oh boy do the white cucks love to back them up

Who are they trying to get fired for their opinions?

thats it? i get the joke but liberals are mad at him because he said nigga? Thats fucking ridiculous. Who knows, maybe Simon will join the alt right.

>guy who created the wire uses the word nigga and people are surprised

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

SImon is way too deep into the SJW side of things for that to happen. I guarantee he'll meekly apologize in a day or two and talk about how he took his white privilege for granted.

Sure, that's a convenient excuse to differentiate them from the SJWs but ultimately that's more an attribute of Cred Forums still being a mostly underground site (compared to twitter at least certainly) and doesn't change the fact that the behavioral pattern is nearly identical.

It's self-righteous complaining and that doesn't change just because someone is on the other side of an issue.

JUST FUCK MY CAREER UP

The first three posts you responded to are classic marxist leftypol posts
The pepe image LITERALLY is wearing a smash capitalism t-shirt

>Sure, that's a convenient excuse to differentiate them from the SJWs
Trying to get people fired for their opinions is one of the main things that makes SJWs SJWs. Fucking hell, it takes more than strong opinions about things or voting for Trump to be 'reverse SJWs', dude.

Your arbitrary definition has no bearing on the actual similarities shared with them.

People have had strong opinions about things forever though. Hell, twitter is actively banning people who disagree with SJWs, whereas on Cred Forums fucking nobody is banning people who disagree with Cred Forums. So even according to your limited definition that deliberately excludes the worst shit about SJWs, the comparison doesn't hold.

Just wait till he gets redpilled and then he'll release his magnus opus and redpill the world

Nigger, the platforms you use to be a whiny bitch don't change the fact that you're a whiny bitch.

Can't we just admit that no one gives a shit about blacks except for liberal faggots every 4 years?

Every white faggot writer and straphanger jumping on the SJW trolley lives in a lily-white neighborhood living a SWPL-life, doing SWPL things.

Yeah its so fucking hilarious

I don't care if you think I'm a whiny bitch. I just demonstrated two ways how 'reverse SJWs' aren't actually reverse SJWs.

No, you didn't. The reactions of other people to your nonsense have no bearing on the similar motivations and methods of your nonsense. You're using your arbitrary definition to twist the perception of you being the other side of the same coin.

not him but holy fuck youre retarded

Yeah, not him or him, but you're fucking dumb, dude.

You seem awfully eager to call me a 'reverse SJW' for pointing out how the comparison doesn't make sense. I wonder why.

>whiny faggots with a massive persecution complex who sperg out when things don't pander to their extremely specific worldview and staunchly refuse to hide their power levels on social media while spewing special buzzwords of their very own toward their enemies in a perceived culture war
Sound familiar?

What 'special buzzwords' have been lobbed at you?

No the wire is still god tier

And ultimatly it has no other point than depicting the effect of the war on drugs on american and documenting on wild niggas

It's not like the show is pushing any ideologies, the most shilled idea could be legalisation of drugs (S3) wich is actually factually correct

You are less smart than you think.

so that's why season 3 was the worst

Me? None personally, but I've seen unironic usage of the words problematic, cis scum, and cuck in lots of replies to posts about social issues and politics on social media.

And lest we forget, both sides of this coin are ideologies formed largely by meme-spewing youth circlejerking in their own corners of the internet.
>no ur dumb
Brilliant refutation, I'm convinced of the error of my ways now.

Twitter really needs to end, no one seems to be able to avoid making an ass of themselves with it.

I remember when I was 16 and thought I knew everything

Okay I really like the wire but i don't care about this fuckface he already delivered his magnus opus

Go and get eaten alive by the people you support. Serve him right

Cool, then point out what's wrong with the comparison.