Why did Raphael paint Diogenes in the middle of the frame?

Why did Raphael paint Diogenes in the middle of the frame?

He wanted to show him masturbating as the centerpiece of the work, representing the real moral values of the ancient Greeks, but the Pope didn't like that so he had to cover him up which is why Diogenes is posed with his legs wide open

Diogenes often spoke against prevailing culture.

If you notice, the block he is leaning on is skewed. The skewed block highlights the perspective and depth of the image by drawing the viewers eye to a cube angled offset to the horizon lines in the image.

>If you notice, the block [DIOGENES] is leaning on [SIC] is skewed.

THAT IS HERAKLITOS; DIOGENES IS THE BALD OLD MAN SITTING ON THE STEPS.

Alright whatever dude. Either way the skewed block is deliberate drawing the viewer somewhere other than a bald junky.

cos he was an attention whore shitposter who stole the limelight.

>ywn shitpost at Alexander the Great
Was he the original Australian?

Because Diogenes wouldn't give a fuck about ruining the composition by sitting in front of main subjects of the scene.

>Cred Forums thread

Fuck outta here, delete this

>wah pls talk about capeshit this hurts my head

>mom is gonna freak when she finds out I'm crossposting renaissaince art in Cred Forums, now thats what I call edgey! ((((tips fedora)))

Go back to your faggot board. This is Cred Forums you dumb autist

Still more related to Television & Film than most threads here. Not to mention this is a legitimately interesting topic of conversation. I'll allow it.

i'm not even OP and don't even know what board this thread should be on

There is an art or a history board, tourist.

It doesnt matter how interesting it is. Reported faggot. Stay in your containment like a good boy. These boards suck as it is

But-but Im not even the person who started the thread

>Still more related to Television & Film than most threads here
Fuck... he's right!

Was Heraklitos a Cynic or Stoic? Which was the one where Alexander was like "If I wasn't me I'd be this fucking dude"? He seems like a pretty chill guy, some might even say a parallel of Zen.

Cunnys are Cred Forums and cunnys are art; therefore, art belongs in Cred Forums

Proceed

Kill yourself. Even that fucking word you use to make such a reprehensible act as the sexualization and eroticizing of children sound innocuous just makes you sound like a pathetic piece of shit trying to be funny.

I hope a solid steel pneumatic robot viper impales itself zig-zag across your urethra. Why don't you try and actually use your three brain-cells to contribute something witty or interesting to a conversation instead of fawning over pixel representations of little girls you will never meet?

this is probably it

>Was Heraklitos a Cynic or Stoic?

NEITHER.

>Which was the one where Alexander was like "If I wasn't me I'd be this fucking dude"?

DIOGENES.

>He seems like a pretty chill guy, some might even say a parallel of Zen.

YOU IGNORE WHAT ZEN IS, AND WHO DIOGENES WAS; WHY WOULD YOU STATE THAT IF YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHO THE MAN WAS, OR IN WHAT HIS WORLDVIEW CONSISTED?

LEARN BASIC HISTORY, AND THE HISTORY OF PHILOSOPHY, OR ABSTAIN FROM COMMENTING REGARDING THEM.

Goddammit Averroes this is time for philosophy, not ficki ficki

>parallel of Zen
H was sort of a mix of toughness, intellect, creativity and control. He gets plenty of scientific things wrong but the social things he blows out of the water.

D was apparently the guy who alexander said of "I would wanna be like him" but take it with a grain of salt, lots of people glorify the homeless to score humble points.

So he could hog all the darn sunlight

>paints Diogenes
>doesn't portray him with a doggu
Raphael was a hack

Caps lock is cruise control for off the scale autismo

> He gets plenty of scientific things wrong but the social things he blows out of the water.
interesting, does he have any extant writings?

> lots of people glorify the homeless to score humble points.
True dat.

clearly plato and aristotle are in the middle

Who was the philosopher that liked to jerk off in the middle of the street and bang dogs, because "we're nihilists bro, we don't believe in aaaaanything oooOooOo?

only "fragments" remain, it's short and very sweet.

>you will never die from having too much sex

Diogenes

Added to my reading list, thanks user.

Im convinced you all are too autistic to be able to realize what board this is. I hope the next time you bitch about bane posting or something, that you realize how you are part of the problem and the reason we will get /film/ banned after three hours of being up

Well shit.

How did this thread end up here?

What?

>being this new to the autism that is Rei Koz

What did you not understand?

or maybe youre just pulling shit out of your ass without having any idea wtf youre talking about

Bump for discussion

some stuff I picked up from reading ancient greek philosophy

>start with Plato
>...but do read Xenophon's account of Socrates, it is interesting and probably more accurate than Plato's in some ways
>most of the stuff you read in a Penguin or similar publisher's edition of pre-socratic philosophers or Ancient Greek characters comes from Diogenes Laertius's Lives of Eminent Philosophers-- cut to the chase and just read this text, it's great
>check out Loeb editions, they are publishing more obscure Greek authors
>you need to read Ancient Greek drama and of course Homer to get a more complete picture
>???
>they used leather dildos back then
>Herodotus said that the Egyptian uncut cocks were more aesthetic

I dunno, I have more little anecdotes and tidbits if you'd like