The Lobster

Why was the whole "turn into an animal" angle necessary?

because it was a quirky indie film and having the netflix blurb be "Socially inept people stay in a lodge for two weeks before getting kicked out" would be pretty boring

I can't believe they didnt change his hair either

I kind of question it myself. I thought near the end with them in a restaurant at a table that he might be sacrificing himself as a lobster to her so she might somehow get her sight back through this and it would show a real loving gesture. As cliche as it sounds a lot of the build up would've have at least supported it.

It leaves intriguing mysteries to the films story but I'm not exactly sure if it ends up meaning anything upon further viewing. It tells us as a character he valued safety and survival over other concerns when the story started by picking a lobster, but not much else.

Because it's a good hook for the movie and it's a fun little concept to think about what you would choose. Not everything has to nestle perfectly into reality user.

it wasnt necessary, lanthimos just is into that kind of ridiculous plots

>Lanthimos
>quirky indie film

Good god was this movie pretentious.

Was everybody socially retarded because of the totalitarian government?

>actually arguing

it was a metaphor... for something

It's probably a nod to the absurdist play Rhinoceros.
The theme of conformity is a pretty central theme in both, but the similarities obviously end there.

Well Cred Forums, what would you be?

Me? I'd be a bull

It did a lot of good for the tone of the movie.

If they'd been executed or imprisoned for life after failing at the hotel it'd would've been kind of off. If they just got to leave afterward, what's the point?. Being turned into a lobster or a dog or a horse is a nice middle ground.

Because a man without love is just that: an animal.

A monkey

a human

Parrot

Was the whole "normie bullying" angle necessary?

I couldn't exactly pinpoint what this movie reminded me of, but now that you mentioned it, it made me realize that I did pick up a Ionesco vibe from it. Thanks user.

a fuckin badass bull shark