What a beautiful, powerful movie. It just ended and I feel so emotional. Caine, Keitel...

What a beautiful, powerful movie. It just ended and I feel so emotional. Caine, Keitel, and Dano gave marvelous performances.

Although this is likely an unpopular opinion, I'm relieved to say Sorrentino has not taken a step back from The Great Beauty whatsoever—he is a master of his craft.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/05/paolo-sorrentino-to-make-movie-about-silvio-berlusconi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Pope
youtube.com/watch?v=EpZCdE1yI94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you can't tell me it's not watered down
he re-used music
unnacceptable

I found it just as stirring. The orchestra at the end released all the emotion of the movie that had been waiting to explode in the last two hours.

So Youth is an ass?
A naked women?
What is Youth!

Youth is emotion.

That's all we've got.

Do my boys Caine and Keitel get in it?

If they're your boys, you should watch and find out.

I'm always afraid this posters gonna fart in my face

Hadn't heard of it until now, I'll look into it.

I completely agree.

Enjoy the watch, user.

Maybe pic related is more your style. It's quite beautiful.

So,

actual spoiler ahead.

why was Keiteils character so quick to take his own life? Seemed kind of rushed to me. Unless film making was the only thing left in his life he had to cling to and suicide was always around the corner and the confrontation with his lead actress was the last straw. Or did I miss something?

also, Dano dressed up as hitler was a great moment

Great film, i watched months ago.

Glad you enjoyed it as well, user. Did you hear about his upcoming project?

theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/05/paolo-sorrentino-to-make-movie-about-silvio-berlusconi

He's also got this coming out soon, which I cannot wait for:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Pope

Do you remember when Mick (Keitel's character) shows his group of students the mountains through the telescope? He then reverses the lenses and tells them, "Now it feels so far away. That's the past."

Mick was broken ever since it didn't work out with his childhood love, when he first learned "how to ride a bike." This is reinforced when he hires the prostitute simply to take a walk with him, as he yearns so strongly for the emotion he felt as a young man, when he was inspired and full of vigor. Now, he's just writing screenplays about death and the best parts of one's life passing one by.

He felt it was time to end things. As he puts it, emotions are all we've got. And he just couldn't tap into them in the same way anymore.

I also wish he hadn't died, user. It was tragic.

as soon as i heard it i looked around and thought to myself, "oh i'm sitting in a movie theater." completely fucked the film up for me.
the great beauty had emotion every scene. youth just wasn't memorable to me. just thinking of pic related can throw my whole day off.

I was a little worried about checking it out because the consensus seemed to be it wasn't as good as The Great Beauty, which is one of my absolute favorites. I know it's silly to hold any director to the standard of what one perceives to be a masterpiece, but that's just how I felt, and I didn't want to be disappointed.

I'm glad to say I wasn't. Quite the contrary, actually. This was as beautiful a movie as I've ever seen. I still think The Great Beauty is his best work, but I found Youth equally enjoyable.

Totally understandable. Pic related is the most haunting ending scene I've experienced. The Great Beauty is a true masterpiece.

Ah, thanks for making that clear. I liked the film, but The Great Beauty still had something special that this unfortunately lacked.

That's how a lot of people feel, and I can understand why. For me, however, the unevenness and incompleteness of this movie mirrored the lives of the characters. I found it to be a perfect choice.

Thread music: youtube.com/watch?v=EpZCdE1yI94

What would Hannibal think of The Great Beauty and Youth?

Such a letdown after the magic of The Great Beauty
Jep > all the old farts in Youth

Only thing I know about this is the trailer, which I have fapped to many times

Are there any more fappable scenes?