Bad movies that you swear are good

And not in a so bad it's good sense. They're genuinely good movies. It's just everyone else seems to deny that.

To me: Demolition Man

It's more and more representing the society we live in, that gibberish talking, consumer friendly, increasingly tolerant, seemingly freedom loving society, that stands in harsh contrast to the "brutal, honest" 90s with its love for violence.
That, while presenting 90s badassery and being one of the best action movies of all time.

What's yours?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_b25Fbg8xqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pic related is an 8/10 imo

Revenge of the Sith

God this movie 100 times over

Pic Related and I love return of the sith as well

The New World

Attack of the Clones. I understand the Anakin/Padme scenes are written really shitty, but aside from them it's a pretty solid flick.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Smokin aces.

Better than The Dark Knight.

by far my favorite superhero movie, not even a fan of other ones honestly

The Lost World

I can't be the only one who likes this the second most

The assembly cut is better than Aliens.

The Nolan trilogy has a fuck ton of things I don't like, and chief among them is Bale as Wayne/Batman.

BvS has a lot of issues, particularly an editing problem, but Affleck as Batman is worth the price of admission alone.

I lover the score, Irons as Alfred, and even though I've never been the biggest Supes fan, I'm warming up to Cavill.

Affleck is the best live action Batman since Keaton.

>particularly an editing problem
I really don't get what people mean when they say this, it seemed pretty well-cut compared to, i dunno, something like Tokyo Drifter (great film, but it had some jarring editing at parts)

I like it a lot, but it's still my third favorite. After Alien, and Aliens. Hell, I still like things about Resurrection.

the theatrical cut had a lot of editing issues in my opinion, but I thought the Ultimate Edition cleared most, if not all of that up.

It's just a busy film in general, and whenever you have that many characters and threads running through it, it's going to have some issues.

Either way, I fucking love it.

>Demolition Man
For its time, a mediocre film, but compared to today's fare it's really good.
It's not bad, but not entirely successful either.
The DC is my favorite Malick.
Not since Transformers has a film been so noisy and incomprehensible.

havent seen the theatrical but I agree, I think without WB meddling it would be a near perfect film for a blockbuster, but despite the forced JL setup it was still a very good film.

>pic related
>Pompeii
>London Has Fallen

But everyone knows it's a great movie

got pretty low ratings but definitely the best korean gangster film out, also the closest thing I've seen to the godfather yet.

The Lost Boys is 55% good, 45% bad.

The first half of this movie is pretty great. The aesthetic Schumacher created is perfect, and the premise is fantastic.

It's right around the middle part of the movie when Michael sleeps with Star that you realize the movie begins to be mediocre.

There are too many characters without depth. You could easily cut out a lot of the characters in this movie. Start with two of the vampires in David's gang, one of the main baddies and the little kid. Cut out the non-Corey Feldman kid, too. The grandpa is honestly not necessary, he does nothing the entire film until the last five minutes. Flesh out Star and Corey Feldman's character.

The second half also struggles tonally. Schumacher shouldn't have added so many corny jokes, they don't fit.

Overall it's still an enjoyable movie. It could have been more, but that's the case for a lot of movies. I still watch it every time it's on tv.

I unironically thought Wild Wild West was a great movie.

>Pic related

It got mixed review, but it's still pretty fun and maybe even the best of the trilogy.

I can't even look at The Lost Boys with a critical eye. I grew with, and still love it.

I watch it often, qoute it often, and it's still in my personal top three vampire films.

I lover the soundtrack, the atmosphere, the camera work, the locations, characters. It's just so damn fun, man.

I put it squarely in league with films like the Burbs. I've seem them both so many times I can qoute them in verbatim.

Prince of Darkness
Most Brian De Palma movies
X-men Apocalypse
Showgirls, even though I'm not a fan

holy fuck this

why do people hate it so much

Brad Pitt might still look out of place, but Troy was still a hell of an awesome movie with great moments in it.

Pro-Tip: watch the extended version

The original TMNT too, since it's so much better than it's made out to be

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
>watched it when it came out in theaters
>theatre was full
>90 minutes in
>look around
>only person left

At the time I know jack shit about HST and the movie blew my fucking mind.

>well-known and liked action movie that's got an above-average IMDB score
>omg like everyone thinks this movie is bad except for me!

T2 is a good movie. I don't understand why everyone denies it.

DCEU is basically Transformers with better cast but equally terrible story.

>Man of Steel wasn't bad though

>London Has Fallen
Bait? I didn't know they still made movies this bad

>London Has Fallen

This is definitely the most recent thing I can think of. I can't help but feel that the people who went crazy about how terrible it was would have bitched about Die Hard 3 if it came out today.

oh fuck off, BvS is the only redeemable thing capeshit has ever produced.

>he doesn't realize it's a subtle comedy with some political satire masquerading as a shitty 90's action flick

I fucking love the original Turtles, man. I even got to meet the entire cast, minus Elias Koteas(Casey Jones)at Fandom Fest two years ago.

Meeting Judith Hoag(April)was a dream come true. I grew up with the biggest crush on that woman, and she's still hot as hell. Very sweet too.

Ernie Reyes Jr(Donatello suit/Keno)was such a cool person as well. Hung out with us and Judithave Hoag and just shared memories from the set for about a half an hour.

>that striptease scene
I swear to god that the most fapable movie scene i've ever seen in my life.

It was only poorly received on its initial release.
I thought all the performances in BvS were awful. I could tolerate the first half of MoS, for the domme and the Ihop fight.

>I thought you'd be bigger

This movie is genuinely great for the soldier portrayal(dat scene where he's confused about his own tears), and the action is good too. It's really confusing how it's talked about less than your average b-movie.

Everyone I've ever shown this movie to hasn't liked it.

I did get a couple laughs at how bad the cgi was, but mostly I felt sad about the horrible dialog out of morgan freeman and aaron eckart. It has my vote for worst movie of the decade

Fuck off DCuck.

Same here. MoS first half was good, a solid origin movie. Though i don't like the whole Pa Kent died in the tornado scene. The second half fells a bit too long IMO, though Superman vs Zod was cool enough.

I typically feel nothing regarding cumdumpsters. This film made me want to love. Now I am in my 30s and dateless. I feel manipulated. C'est la vie!

Paul WS is such a strange bird. He's so much better than people give him credit for, but still not very good.

ONLY GOD FORGIVES

Soldier, starring Kurt Russell

Such a fucking good sci-fi flick

nigga, Freeman and Eckhart are non-factors. It is entirely the Gerard Butler show

>Why don't you boys pack up your shit and head back to Fuckheadistan or wherever it is you're from?
>I was waiting for you to come out of the closet
>I don't know about you but I'm thirsty as FUCK

i dont give a fuck about company wars or DC you sad manchild

he makes fun shlock better than pretty much anyone. Also the superior Paul Anderson

Col. James Faith: They were nice funerals.
MacGruber: Yeah. What did you think of my eulogies?
Col. James Faith: Very touching. I might have cut back on the F-words a little.
MacGruber: Well, they were fucking great guys. And this is a fucking asshole of a day.

My nigga.

Fucking jerks. The Long Kiss Goodnight is fun as hell.

>Mommy, am I going to die?
>Oh, no, baby. No, you're not gonna die. They are.

>Should we get a dog?

pretty decent action movie with rutger actually playing a good guy

I like pic related as well

> it's just that their kids were there...
> they laughed
> because of your heavy use of language.
> wellllll FUCK em

the 'burbs and lost boys, my man

Miss March

> Horse Dick...Dot MPEG

I will never understand why this kino got so much shit from critics and truly believe in 20 years time it will be reevaluated and regarded a masterpiece. I only hope the next gen of filmmakers also saw that film and loved it and were influenced incredibly by it.

I used to not really like this movie compared to the rest because they replaced Jodie, but after watching recently, I think it's one of the strongest movies in that series, maybe even the best.

Paul Walker's Magnum Opus.

Why do people think its bad I really like it

I meant they replaced Mike, whoopsie doodle

It's a great movie

>Demolition Man
the cyberprep aesthetic is all Steve Job's fault

youtu.be/_b25Fbg8xqU
In Southeast Asia we call this type of thing...Bad karma.

Ironic filmmaking is still shitty filmmaking

Oh shit I bought that on dvd with no idea what it was, and it turned out way better than I expected. Underrated as fuck.

Waterworld

I genuinely don't get why people say it's bad.

Bruce Dern really makes a lot of this movie, I mean there are a lot of things that are good about it but his performance as the ex-military looney is fantastic.

Because it was a huge bomb.

Week, Vera Farmiga.
*Wipes sweaty forehead.jpg

I fucking love this movie

It really is, if you want to see Patrick Swayze sword fight some niggas in the post-apocalpyse, you really can't go wrong. There's even some quasi sandpeople that he puts to the sword, nice.

I actually enjoyed apocalypse.Hated civil war,phoned-in performance by RDJ,the whole story was so ludicrous.Spider-Man guy was ugly as hell.Does anyone actually give a shit about a Nigerian kingz?muh UN,muh redemptions.

Main character is unlikeable and kid is annoying.

I still like it though especially the mayhem on the tanker at the end.

>when that kid didn't know how to swim

Funniest shit I saw that year.

Pretty based. I re-watched this about a week ago.

>Main character is unlikeable

He behaves like an outcast actually would.

Tremors 5 seemed to be universally hated but the dumb jokes and cgi worked for me. I liked it more than tremors 3 and 4

Joe Dirt
Austin Powers 3
Life Aquatic

Because somwhere along the line critics decided that every film had to strive to be more than a genre flick, and smoking aces came in and stomped all over their faces, simply by not being afraid of being itself. The Raid would come along and do the same thing years later, reenvigorating a septic genre.

Tremors was a fucking great movie, sad to see it devolve the way it did. Imagine the IP handed off into competent hands and having the whole thing rebooted.

Shit, The Burrowers was pretty well done.

Kind of tremors related: Grabbers is a great horror comedy that feels like an Irish wet Tremors.

It wasn't though. It actually made money. It was a critical failure for sure, but it made money.

I liked grabbers a lot too, very reminiscent of tremors

david lynch's dune. it fails as a film, but its so much fun to watch. the mood and imagery are so non-sf, more like a dream

i know its got failings, but it MOVED me. i cant stop thinking about it. so its great, even though its melodramatic. it might as well be an opera

Eventually. It did poorly in the US though, and so it suffered a drubbing. No big mystery.

I thought this flick was awesome, but everyone seems to hate it.

Well since i'm convinced they're good i wont say they are vad but are often called bad by one group or another

>the patriot
>gladiator
>speed racer
>last samurai
>signs
>jim carrey's the grinch
>titantic
>hobbit movies
>indiana jones 4
>pirates caribbean 2 & 3

good pick

...no homo

It has a few too many endings, but I really dig living in this world so I'm cool with it.

agreed

Looks like diam9nd dallas page

Highlander 2

The only genuinely funny film to have come out of the gross out comedy trend of the late 90's/early 2000's
Plus Rip Torn is H Y S T E R I C A L

But...why? I've watched it a few times and it's just so nonsensical.

The only decent scene was them getting shot up in the car and counting their bullet wounds.

Fuckin' A.

I like Battle:L.A., Its a great "humanity, fuck yeah!" movie.

Rip Torn is spectacular in this

Is this a tiny copy-pasta? Because I'm getting serious deja-vu.

I can't help but watch this as a sort of unofficial sequel to District 9. I don't know if that's why, but I love it.

Also got into the Crysis games around the same time I saw Battle: LA for the first time, so that probably also plays a part. I wouldn't call the movie bad by any stretch, though.

KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR92KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392KFBR392

I really liked this movie.