'Snowden' the lowest opening of Stone's career for a movie opening in more than 2,000 theaters

>Maybe Edward Snowden’s next stunt will be learning to fly a plane. For Snowden, Oliver Stone’s long-awaited biopic about the former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor who is now in Russia after leaking classified information in 2013, had a subpar U.S. box office unveiling.

>Snowden was comfortably beaten by Sully, Clint Eastwood’s movie starring Tom Hanks as Captain Chesley ‘Sully’ Sullenberger, the pilot whose emergency landing on the Hudson River in 2009 saved 155 passengers. Sully has now taken $70 million from 10 days, and over the weekend grossed almost triple Snowden‘s $8 million from 2,443 theaters.

>At $89 million, this weekend saw the lowest amount of ticket sales so far in 2016. It would have been far worse had Sully not continued to capture the imaginations of cinemagoers in red and blue states throughout America, a la American Sniper, Eastwood’s 2014 Chris Kyle biopic, starring Bradley Cooper.
heatst.com/entertainment/snowden-biopic-movie-crashes-at-box-office-as-sully-soars/

How come no one wanted to see it?

I saw it in Bridgewater, NS on opening, and there were maybe 5 other people in the theatre.

>How come no one wanted to see it?
I didn't even know it existed.

He didn't deserve a movie. Just like assange didn't.

no one asked for this shit, that's why. plus, its too soon. just watch citizenfour.

does this mean Trump will win?

no American wants to watch a movie about a treasonous numale. i hope Trump extradites Snowden from Russia and executes him.

Isn't Oliver Stone an actual communist that thinks American capitalism should be destroyed?

This year is cursed for movies in general. I see it being one of the worst in some time.

watched the trailer and jgl's goofy snowden voice put me off it...just like his french accent in the wtc tightrope walker trailer last year. he's terrible

He's an anti-semite

>old white guy flies a plane
>the most important story broken in our lifetime

>the overweight city of America

Yes
Based Trump has already denounced this traitor. Once he is elected and becomes BFFs with Putin he will extradite Snowden and Trump will hang him infront of those commies in Hollywood. Cant wait for the libcuck tears.

The Nice Guys was 9/10 though

The spot on Snowdens neck really bothers me and I don't know why

Was it any good?

Americans lost.....

My theory about this movie is that the American government is trying to discredit Snowden by associating his image with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

I rather enjoyed it. Very well shot, and The guy playing Snowden was spot on.

>2016
>making a flick about a 2013 happening
what were they thinking?

Believe it or not, Americans believe he is the enemy.

because there was already a doc that used actual footage of him filmed while it was happening

no point watching it again with an actor mimicing his voice

You know his mother is one? How can he be anti vis own mother?

>clearly never met my mother

Anybody who gives a shit about snowden doesn't give a shit what pedowood has to say about him.

Who is this movie for? It's mostly a terrible fabrication that pleases nobody.

Concerned IT professionals

See

This movie was almost parodying itself.

Because its a boring meme movie with meme actors?

yep. And platoon is his only great movie, the rest are mediocre or complete shit

Because absolutely nobody gives a shit.

>What was happening was a matter of public record since about 2006
>Everyone just assumed the government was doing this anyway
>Despite a few seconds of outrage ultimately no one cared because there is no noticeable impact on their lives

It's a movie about a subject nobody cared about and have since forgotten.

Obama and NSA lovers are still butthurt which is the majority of the country

These are the same retards that think everything about 9/11 was a fact as well

Of course it was going to bomb

I liked it.

go to bed, Edward

because there isn't much substance behind it
it's not really a thriller, not really a documentary, the story everybody already know about, there isn't a proper ending and most people stop giving a shit about this awhile ago
maybe in 10 years when some shit happen and more stuffs to follow and you release this, right now it is too early for anything

similar to his W. movie. You cant make a good movie about a president while they're still in office. You need at least a few decades of reflection

its mid afternoon/evening in Moscow

A simple, apolitical story of some guy saving a handful of people is more attractive than a politically loaded movie about an IT guy considered a traitor by the US government. Whoa.