Why was this billed as a comedy? There was only one funny part in the movie (with the American tourists)

Why was this billed as a comedy? There was only one funny part in the movie (with the American tourists)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tW9SWTazdIU?t=69
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Billboards_Outside_Ebbing,_Missouri
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this some new form of shitposting?

It was a dark comedy familia. It was just as much a comedy with its presentation and delivery of lines as other films are with outright visual gags and jokes.

I'm serious

Name another thing that was funny. All the shit with the midget was delivered poorly, and the stuff with him fighting the other tourists was enough for a breath from your nose but it didn't evoke any laughter

I enjoyed the movie but felt that it shouldn't have been touted as comedic

darkly comic kino there. so underrated.

might be in my Top 5 along with Naked, Mr. Nobody, Fight Club, and Donnie Darko as my favorites.

Because it is a dark comedy. It's not supposed to make you burst out laughing, just put out ridiculous and absurd situations as if they were serious.
>Farrell trying to commit suicide right when Gleeson is going to kill him
>The boss of a group of assassins being heavily influenced by morals
>The midget/child thing at the end

The American tourists with poorly concealed British accents?

its a dark comedy you underage pleb

>Rewatch In Bruges after all these years
>Learn that the guy behind it and his bro made two more dark films
>Watch The Guard and Seven Psychopaths

I love it.

Don't forget that countdown at the hotel and the preggo lady.

There's many humorous elements but I still think labeling it as "comedy" doesn't do any justice to it.

youtu.be/tW9SWTazdIU?t=69

Not sure why everyone raves about this film. It was good but not great, and I like my dark comedies. It was a tad too slapstick.

i dont want to say the comedy in the film is sophisticated, but its definetly more intelligent than your retarded pleb-brain. go back to normievision

there are plenty of black comedies that DO, though, like four lions and fargo

The American tourists scene was the only funny part? What about pretty much all the scenes with Ralph fiennes? fucking pleb

>You're a fucking inanimate object!

>Gets mad Gleeson called his kids cunts
>Calls them cunts anyway

Fuckin A.

What part of Fargo made you burst out laughing?

How's middle school?

I found the bad accents hilarious
Now 7 Psychopaths, that was a good dark comedy

On the topic of dark comedies... Why WASN'T this billed as a comedy? There was tons of funny parts.

to me "Her" with Joaquin Phoenix is a dark comedy

but In Bruges is definately a dark comedy

Her was like a weaker version of Lars and the Real Girl, but still good

Irish Humor, senpai.

Steve Buscemi's face

her is not a dark comedy

You clearly don't understand the dark comedy behind it. It's one of the best films to invoke laughter and sadness at the same time.

The comedy is especially great if you have a best friend who you do fucked up shit with.

I don't think it's even underrated, it's right where it belongs. Not too much exposure, but just enough to be recognized by most people.

I ALWAYS LIKE U MARGEY

what's wrong, did that scene hit too close to home?

You're an inanimate fucking object

OP what's that in your hand? Oh, a bottle?

>that icecream
>(it's in Belgium)
>sightsee later
I actually had to look up the poster to see if this wasn't shopped, never noticed that before...

Off the top of my head, the scene where he shouts "bottle!" And smacks that women.

The change counting scene before going up the tower always make laugh as well.

Theres loads of little gags here and there.

Because it's funny all the way through for non-Americans

>I don't get it so it's not a comedy

wew lad

>You take that back about my cunt fucking kids!

this movie is great

>Maybe that's what hell is, the entire rest of eternity spent in fucking Bruges. I really really hoped I wouldn't die.

>mfw a feudal potato farmer from the british isles believes the average IQ of his village is the global benchmark near me

McDonagh only got to do his terrible, self-indulgent screenwriter wank fest of a follow up film because of how well received In Bruges was here.

yes it is

>Leave my cunt kids out of this

I never understand people who watch comedy films expecting it to be full of jokes. Go watch stand up for that.

I wonder how different this movie would be if the script was updated to suit the present conditions in Belgium, post-migrant-flood.

>how the fuck can fucking migrants not be someones fucking thing?

>The father of my wife's son was a refugee, Jimmy. I loved him very much.

>the alcoves

>Like Tottenham?

Best line in the film

it's one of the funniest comedies i've ever seen actually

Instead of Seven Psychopaths you could have just watched Calvary m8

An Uzi? I'm not from South Central Los fucking Angeles. I didn't come here to shoot twenty black ten year olds in a drive-by. I want a normal gun for a normal person.

OP is a yankee fucking cunt

"Belgians are known only for chocolate and pedophiles and they only invented the chocolate to get to the kids"

> Why didn't you wave hello to me today when I waved hello to you today?
> I was on a very strong horse tranquilizer today; Wasn't waving hello to anybody. Except... maybe to a horse.

> Huh? What are you talking about?
> Just horseshit.

Midget race-war soon, prepare your asses

>I didn't think there were any prostitutes in Bruges
>You just have to look in the right places. Brothels are good.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Billboards_Outside_Ebbing,_Missouri

will it be good bros?

Where he has to kill him, and then stops him from shooting himself. That was ironic and i found it comedic.

>Sam Rockwell
Yes

>i didnt find the jokes very funny so it's not a comedy
that's not how it works you donkey