Is this going to become a new fad?

Is this going to become a new fad?

What do you think will/should be next?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/10/16/guillermo-del-toro-offers-update-on-status-of-monster-adaptation
youtube.com/watch?v=uROMTzJsfOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

evangelion

I can see that happening. I can also see them change the name though..

It should be Monster.

It will be One Punch Man.

>Reeves indicated that he "wished and hoped" he would be part of the film but would be too old in to play Spike Spiegel. He has also the script of the proposed live action adaptation and referring to it as "amazing" but indicated that the film would be very expensive to make.

EoT isn't a manga or anime.

Can't see OPM competing with DC or Marvel. And I doubt the western audience would appreciate the humour.

It's based on a japanese light novel.

>sigh

It'll bomb into oblivion and Netflix will never try it again.

Controversially enough, I actually do think the west could adapt a good Death Note series.

But this is not shaping up to be that series.

why would they change the name? evangelion is perfect!

Psycho Pass, it's one of the few shows that I believe would actually work BETTER with an American setting. The whole freedom vs security debate is much greater here, and the Dominators would raise issues over gun control and "good guy with a gun".

honestly, i don't see them making evangelion. killing angels would be too much for the new christianity obsessed, anti-secular, religious cult of a nation after Trump takes over. the writers would probably executed in front of a church, ironically crucified and impaled with spears.

>Netflix
>bomb

lol

anything they make is successful af

They made the newest season of Arrested Development and it bombed so hard it almost stopped Netflix from producing more content.

No need for a western remake, Breathless already existed before Eva.

>breathless

don't make me find this movie and watch it!

This is a great point. Then the question is movie or tv series?

don't, it's fucking garbage

It could work as both, but obviously as a TV series they'd have to get rid of some of the more high-tech stuff and the Blade Runner level city for budget reasons.
However, a TV show would give more time to develop the characters and the world. If it was a movie they'd have to do one case and then jump straight into Makishima.

I would like MPD Psycho and Gantz done by Takeshi Miike on a high budget but that's not the same.

Maybe BLAME or something.

It might work

Isn't there an american NERV branch based in nevada? They could just have the setting be there and not fuck with the original anime's backstory and lore

Blade Runner was done on a budget though.

Welcome to NHK when?

OPM's anime is pretty popular in the west, there's even merchandise of it sold here in stores the same way you'd find DBZ toys.

I have 0% idea on how that ammount of skin would pass or how the extremities of that series could be applied to actors.

Monster would be cool

But it would be fun finding out.

it might become a fad if a few of them do really well but I doubt it'll happen. GITS will bomb and nobody will watch death note. then things will quiet down for a few years like they did after pic related stunk up theaters for a few days.

DelToro has been trying to make Monster a thing for years.

ranma½ so progressive

Hellsing would be really good.

Gundam Wing when people are finally tired of Transformers

he's been trying to do everything but usually drops out.

rip silent hill.

del taco is on it so you know reddit will love it but hbo trashed it so don't hold your breath

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/10/16/guillermo-del-toro-offers-update-on-status-of-monster-adaptation

>ranma½ so progressive

man if you'd pitch that with a real tranny already signed on no channel could even turn it down because it'd be literally a hate crime not to greenlight it

Black Lagoon directed by Gareth Evans(The Raid movies)

Would be the hypest fucking shit.

99% of the average MCU fan is a fan of OPM as well. It directly appeals to their sense of humor

Can you imagine gundam wing with fart jokes, racist robots and random supermodels strutting their stuff`?

How come Japan can pump out fuckloads of anime and manga live action adaptations a year but if Americans do it its shit and everyone gets butthurt regardless

implying an adaption has to be faithful. everything can be toned down to fit within a PG-13.

Because the Japanese adaptations are low budget shit that never gets released worldwide.

It'd fit in

Rewatch Gundam Wing, its full retard. At one point Heero takes out a space station patrol using a head of lettuce for absolutely no reason.

Why is Japan so shit IRL?

this supposedly starts filming next month from the director of spy kids. get hype.

This is the show where one of the characters gets butthurt that he won a fight and takes his anger out by wandering the forest and talking down to wolves.

This is the same show where they play fetch with pineapples and a radical terrorist group somehow spawns a battle fortress out of nowhere and makes some random fucker that has no interest in them their leader.

>anime lied to me

Fuck off. That would completely miss the purpose.

We need it remade shot for shot. Who do we cast?

Cowboy Bebop would be extremely palatable for western audiences.
Zach Snyder has been approached with Berserk before.

I hope James does a lot of overseeing on Rodriguez' work

Not the Warner Bros ones like Rurouni Kenshin and the 4, soon to be 5, Death Note movies

>tfw there will never be a Jojo movie
>tfw there will never be an Ace Attorney movie

Their Live Action TV shows get World Wide releases now like Arakawa Under the Bridge, GTO, and Ouran High Host Club

IT DID

Fuck all of that shit

>there will never be a BERSERK series

JoJo does not lend itself well to movie and all of the existing animated JoJo movies are ass

Ace Attorney did not originate as an anime or manga, it has a movie, and its excellent. Fuck off underage.

>Trigun starring Chris Pratt never

I'm 19 you can't talk to me like that asshole

>Jojo movie
>Cast Britney Spears in every role

How would they cast Roberta?

>I'm 19

Itching The Killer is the greatest manga adaptation ever.

>what is "all you need is kill"

Do some research you fucking idiot

Initial D was excellent

DEJA VU

>Itching

Don't care what anyone says but the Ore Monogatari movie was 10/10

I don't think so, but the japs will keep making their own versions. Rurouni Kenshin, Basilisk, Gantz, Attack on Titan, Death Note, Kaiji Battle Royale, Ichi the Killer, Mushishi etc etc. and now Full Metal Alchemist is getting one as well.

A light novel that got a manga adaptation.

90s GTO > 2012 GTO >>>>>>>> Anime

It appeals to the weaboos but won't appeal to the mainstream audience.

I watched the Attack on Titan movie and it was fucking awful. I haven't watched the second one yet, is it better?

Battle Royale is not an anime or manga. Its a novel that was adapted into a movie which was adapted into a manga that deviates so far from the source material that its shit.

Just like superheroes only appeal to nerds?

Yeah but dragonball is shitty material to begin with. If they adapted material targeted at the adult demographic they could have something good, like with Edge of Tomorrow

I doubt he has the time, directing 4 avatar sequels at once

OPM is extremely mainstream now

It was the next Attack on Titan for a while.

Okay? That's great and all but nobody said it's an anime or a manga.

>Yeah but dragonball is shitty material to begin with
you never watched dragon ball

>they both do not feel like onizuka.....

>GTO Hollywood movie with Danny McBride

You are listing it with anime and manga adaptations. Battle Royale is not relevant here

Just take a look at what they did with KITE and you know what would happen to KILL LA KILL.

>nobody who watched Dragon Ball could possibly not like it
wow.

Both pictures are the 90s GTO

the left is the TV series
the right is the Movie sequel

It pretty much captures the message and the spirit better than the anime did that made everything feel like filler.

If the actor looking like Onizuka means more to you than the soul of the material being adapted well then just watch the current ongoing one, pic related

I think Trigun would make a great live action Western movie. Most of the series is in desert with uncomplicated buildings, most of which could be props. Most of the budget could be put into special effects and the more sci-fi stuff.

Just like OP listed an adaptation of a movie, a novel and a manga. It's quite relevant here.

I'm saying you only watched DBZ and not Dragon Ball, especially if you think Evolution was anywhere remotely similar to either.

listen kid I'm 19 I grew up watching plenty of DBZ and GT and it wasn't good it was just Goku powering up to fight Broly for a billion episodes

Because the Japanese actually do a good job of it?

All You Need is Kill is a Light Novel. Meaning there is some artwork and its a short novella.

Battle Royale is flat out just a normal fiction novel. OP is quite clearly talking about manga and anime adaptations.

>he thinks DB is somewhat patrician and niche
nigga, everyone watched when King Piccolo wasted Goku's best buddies and took over the world
the first series is trash just like Z and GT and whatever the hell they're making now

>I'm saying you only watched DBZ
but I just said Dragon Ball, not DBZ.

again, do you seriously think that nobody who watched it could possibly dislike it?

Weeb spotted go back to Cred Forums

Can't believe you like the Attack on Titan and Gantz movies, bet you like Batman vs Superman too?

Problems with getting the rights or what?

It's not like it needs loads of cgi and budget, just film it in Germany and get a few competent actors.

Speaking of which.

Who would you cast as Roberto?

>OP is quite clearly talking about manga and anime adaptations, that's why he included a novel

Nah.

>All You Need is Kill is a Light Novel. Meaning there is some artwork and its a short novella.

plus they threw out everything except the most basic concept for the hollywood version

Well from images alone it gave me more of kamen teacher feel

lmao does she get blacked

this makes me hate all of movies ever I wonder why we haven't discussed this on Cred Forums

IKR

>everyone watched when King Piccolo wasted Goku's best buddies and took over the world

That was not what Dragon Ball was about. And no one watched it cause it rarely aired on Toonami. Every cares about Z because of the power ups and fights, no one in the west cares about Dragon Ball for the adventure.

About 2/3rds into Dragon Ball however, when Piccolo and the World Tournament stuff is in full effect is when the series shifts focus from fun random adventures of Dragon Ball to the next to zero characters focusing on fighting that was Z

No clue, m8. I only watched Rurouni Kenshin out of those. It actually wasn't bad but obviously inferior to the manga.

I'm not even him but stop busting a nut over the entire DB franchise. Its all garbage. Dragonball, Z, GT, Super its all crap.

>Naming Piccolo as the core villain of Dragonball over General Tao
>Implying Dragonball was ever about fighting the villains and not some crazy adventure with a fuck load of new characters showing up for each arc.
>implying anyone even watched it.

I don't even like Dragonball that much but even I can tell you're full of shit . Don't bring up that 19 year old shit again either.

Did I say I liked either of those?
I like the Hana Kimi live action series tho. Its really good.

Re read the post. If you think Evolution is remotely similar to Dragon Ball then you didn't watch it.

who said it was? saying that DB was a crappy source to begin with does mean at all that Evolution was like it, hell the biggest reason people hate it is because it's offensive to even call it an adaptation.

King Piccolo was the peak of the entire show, the build up finally paying off, the years of training finally put to the test. Then we had that whole tournament thing and marrying Chichi that kinda sucked. Only contrarians think the "adventure" part of DB is somehow good anime. Betcha think The Hobbit is some kind of literary masterpiece compared to LOTR because it has less battles.
It's a formulaic show that follows the same pattern, there's nothing special about it except its enormous success.

What does Evolution have to do with user saying Dragonball was shitty material?

Stop fucking talking about DB and all of its' incarnations fuck. This is about what we think should be next not what no one ever would ever want to see next

>people under the age of 28 dick waving their age in this thread

all anime and video games are trash

>OP is quite clearly talking about manga and anime adaptations.

No, I meant any japanese source material that might be used in a western movie or tv show.

>Stop fucking talking about DB
Don't tell me what to do.

>Journey to the West is crappy source material

DELET THIS

This would be awesome. They'd better use eurobeat for the soundtrack though.

Okay so how is it a fad then when the west is still doing adaptation after adaptation of Yojimbo?

lmao normalfaggots are fucking idiots

that's the material dragon ball draws inspiration from, what with the magical extending stick and the main character's monkey features, yes, but it's not literally journey to the west.

>This would be awesome
>would

Are you that 19 year old retard posting in here again?

I'm still a bit pissy that they didn't pick Zac Efron as Light.

He really has that look. Whereas the guy that they cast really looks like some random guy next door. Same goes for L, except the other way around.

Samefag underage retard incapable of using google spotted

I meant a western movie without chinks and good production values. Not sure why you're being a cunt randomly.

>Coldplay
I like Speed of Sound.

Not literally but a lot pre-Tao and post buddha training is pretty much the same essence and tone of Journey to the West. To say there is no strong resemblance is wrong.

You realize the Initial D movie was a huge budget Hong Kong movie by the same team behind Infernal Affairs, not some low budget jap shit right?

They were able to afford putting A list HK actors in pretty small parts

>an extremely dense man in his 30's gets a job as a high school teacher so he can look at teenage girls all day or something
>well this could be interesting
>filler
>filler
>filler
That's as far as I gotten into GTO

which one did you watch?

Oh god ew

Berserk needs to be an HBO series honestly.

Cast him.

Chink actors automatically means its terrible.

Fuck no. It's even worse somehow.

The 90's animoo

the Big Guy himself

Like Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee?

Too short

watch the 90s Live action instead, especially the movie.

It can get pretty late 90s political at times but it helps the overall message. More focusing on the statement against the drone society of the japanese education system less focus on "bruh lets jack off in these ramen cups"

Watched a couple of clips of the races on youtube this looks garbage lmao.

>exceptions as a rule

>exceptions as a rule
What?

Another Wing is unlikely unless it's a kids show. Macross, Gundam 79, and Gundam 00(season 1), are all more likely contenders for direct translation. And an original show is the most likely of all.

Already done and it wasn't as shit as NHK.

lol what is this shite

All gundam shows are kids shows.

It's in the title. I loved that movie too.

Castaway on the Moon (2009)

It's gook-shit.

Who in their right mind can look at that ugly piece of shit scarlet johanson and think "what a beauty"?

>It's gook-shit.

I never woulda guessed from seeing the gook girl.

>He can distinguish between gooks, chinks, and nips

Get a load of this progressive faggot.

Castaway in the Moon =/= NHK you fucking piece of shit.

All anime are kids show tbvh.

i'm still waiting for that Akira life action they promised me.

youtube.com/watch?v=uROMTzJsfOI

Already got made

>edge of tomorrow
>anime shit.

It's from a novel.

I'd love to see some adaption of legend of galactic heroes.

It was based off a Japanese light novel. No one ever said anything about anime.

Haibane Renmei miniseries series with Sophia Lillis as Rakka and Samantha Isler as Reki.
With the scale and size of LOGH I don't know if it would be possible to see such a thing come to be.

>Macross
Which one? I can see potential in Plus, but other I rather not see adapted.

Oh boy, Saint Seiya adaptation is looking good.

>ctl+f
>"Boku No Pico"
> 0 results

I am disappoint

I don't want to go to the prison.

>Upotte
>Girls und Panzer
>gate

c'mon Hollywood, do it

>>gate

if they could tone down the BIG TITTED ELVEN GIRLS AND LOLI DEATH GODS it would be glorious to see Armed forces curbstomping fantasy races

Ippo with Michael Cera

the idea of Michael Cera putting on almost 60 lbs of muscle makes me want to see this

Easy. Griffith on the other hand is impossible.

Hopefully not
We don't need more Cred Forumsedditors that think here welcome here posting here

>adapting cute girls doing X to Hollywood
We already suffer from lack of originality in mainstream.

but the priceless reactions from the normies when they understand that the movie they paid to see is literally only cute girls that are also guns

Nickelodeon show about airsoft and feet maybe??

Wow, they actually look like the characters.

One Billion Dollars.

Western kaiji could be cool

But user, it went tickticktick BOOOOM timebomb

SAW with gambling seems more series oriented.

Gangsta would be good. It's gritty enough to appeal to a western audience, and they could cast an actual deaf person in the role of Nicholas to get tumblr audience to see it.

I never understand why people ask for a Jojo or one piece movie regardless of american or Japanese. It won't work there's just too much there for 2 hours

>tfw there will never be a Jojo movie
but we got zoolander already

It could work. Phantom Blood is Dracula essentially. Everything after that however unless the first movie is amazing and people love it I couldn't imagine sequels.

code geass

literally begging to be made

Henry Cavill

unironically good choice

>Literally no actors in Hollywood who are pretty enough to play Griffith.

That's the toughest part of a character like that, since his beauty's one of his biggest traits. Literally wouldn't work at all if they went with someone conventionally, by male standards, attractive.

griffith is basically a girl anyway

Guts is in his early 20s, not some 35-45 grandpa.

I hope they stay away from Haruhi and Madoka

Considering all the shit he went through the man is beaten enough to look like in his mid-30's

No, getting beaten up doesn't make you look 40 when you're 22. His hair is turning grey because of magic bullshit.

I can see Haruhi adaptation, but Madoka IMO isn't compatable with live action. The whole theme of the sieries is deconstruction of mahou shoujo genre which would alienate huge chunk of audience.

Guts looks like 80 now

If GitS and DN succeed then yes.

Prob AoT. It'll build off the success of Pacific Rim and Godzilla.
What I want though is a five film series of FMA.

ellie raping casca
>bleached

>since it's hollywood they underline Ishbalans are refugees running from the white man's colonialism and oppression.
>they make Mustang or Bradley a black guy
>Xiao, Mei, Fan and the old guy are cast as by white actors.
>no asians in the entire film

I'm getting angry just thinking about it

I'm okay with the first point. It makes sense.
But I doubt they'd cast against the race intended. There's enough different races for the sjws to be pleased but enough whites for execs to be okay with making the movie.

I look like Griffith, but I can't act and I'm a NEET.

I can't even begin to imagine how much work Satoh put in to get those stunts to work the way they did. The speed and control the fights needed were mindblowing.

Planetes could actually work as a western thing, though its long form storytelling would probably take better to a high budget miniseries than a single movie. Everything is basically already there, though you'd probably need more faith in the audience to not fall asleep from the lack of tits and/or explosions than can be afforded today.