What does Cred Forums think of the Riddick trilogy?

What does Cred Forums think of the Riddick trilogy?

Still haven't seen the third one. Pitch Black is great and I love that it has Aeryn in it, while The Chronicles of Riddick is lightweight but still fun action/adventure schlock

The game paints the deepest mythology and has the most fitting setting.

chronicles sequel fucking when

Really want to like them, but aside from pitch black its just never clicked with me.

>make a video game about Riddick, a character who jumps and flips around like an acrobat
>it's a first-person shooter
???

2 > 1 >The Last Witch Hunter > 3

>The Last Witch Hunter
I was surprised at how much i liked this movie. Its only flaw is that the redhead didn't get her tits out.

FUCKING THIS

Vin is already old as is, he needs to finish Space Conan before it's too late

Pls this

To answer OP: This and Dredd are my go-to action sci-fi movies when I cant decide what to watch. Not necessarily the most well made movies or anything but fuck that, I enjoy the shit out of them and that's all I care about

Pitch Black is a great, top-tier B-movie.

I don't really like Chronicles of Riddick, but I can admire its balls. I can't think of a single other fantasy movie that just drops you head-first into its own stupid mythology, the thing basically starts and is off to the races with the Necromongers and the Underverse and all this other nonsensical gobbledygook that clearly only makes complete sense in Diesel and Twohy's minds. It's 2.5 hours of that fat kid you knew in high-school telling about the "universe" he's created in his own head while you're stuck next to him in gym class, except that fat kid is Vin Diesel and he somehow tricked producers into giving him actual money to make it.

That third Riddick movie was whatever, a generic remake of Pitch Black with the artistry and energy stripped out of it. I liked that first third which almost plays out like a silent movie, but once the other people show up it falls apart fast.

I loved pitch black as most of us do, as a teen I watched chronicles constantly on hbo but never really felt strong about it and I only recently watched Riddick not even knowing it existed and I liked it more than chronicles but like the guy above me said it's like they tried to go back to pitch black but lost all their balls.

plus dahl was hot as fuck

Seconded. It was surprisingly a good movie. The hardest part for me was Vin trying to portray a medieval Northern European, he is just too dark skinned to fit as a 'native.' When he gets to modern times it is not nearly as noticeable at least. Pic related.

Love all of them.

The third one is the weakest and is practically a remake of the first one.

Chronicles is a huge shift in scale, the characters arent as well rounded as in Pitch Black (aside from Riddick) but it makes for it in some insne action set pieces; especially everything on Crematoria.

1>2>3

Pitch Black is great. good horror scifi action.

Chronicles is good but no where near the level of Pitch Black. kinda cheesy but fuck it its goddamn riddick. plus based karl urban.

Riddick was awesome. really fun to watch and gets back to more pitch black style which i was loolking forward to. plus batista

Dark Fury (animated movie) is up there with pitch black for me. cool aeon flux type animation and fun little ride.

Currently playing the games. Butcher Bay is pretty good so far. love fuckin some prisoners up in a brawl

Each one is worse than the previous one.

Kino: Escape from Butcher's Bay
Film: Pitch Black
Movie: Chronicles of Riddick
Flick: Riddick

i liked it aswell. pretty fun to watch. i liked seeing the true detective guy as that big wizard. everytime he came on screen i was just like *breathes heavy* "dont mess with me kids, ima lvl 93 wizard with decay spells."

I like that Vin is a nerd and wants to keep Pitch Black franchise alive even at his own expense, but I can't take the guy seriously as an ultimate-badass-action-lead until he gets that turkey's waddle on his neck lipoed.
Same thing applies to x Fast x Furious series.

>turkey waddle on his neck
wat

he means double chin

You know that floppy red nutsack looking things turkeys have hanging off their beaks? Its called a "waddle."

The more you know...