What did you think of this film? It's pretty interesting to see Zizek analyse films

What did you think of this film? It's pretty interesting to see Zizek analyse films.

Sniffs

*andshowonandshowforths*

Town drunk who was lucky enough to be born in a family with ties to the secret police so he was allowed to spout his bullshit in academia. He was a pretty good informant who sent quite a few of his colleagues to prison, and since the same power structures are still in power in Slovenia, he has very good relations with the post-Yu-breakup government too.

Obsessed with the most retarded iconography of the commie age, MUH HEGEL, and a form of "psychoanalysis" that has been proven to be a cultist sham.

*swallows fly*

These are the words of a man consummed by ideology.

But it's not a Zizek quote.

These are the words of a man consumed by a lust for my meat pole

t. Gnome Chomsky

Zizek is a substanceless meme theorist.

I've read him, I've read them all, and have come to find I really disagree with him on far too much.

Sure he's a cute, sniffly meme man, but he's peddling bullshit.

Pretty good. I liked the Pervers Guide to Ideology for the most part.

He is educated as a continental, so the way he words things are sometimes confusing. Too many prepositions.

>I've read him, I've read them all
Kind of doubting you there but if you say so.

What would you say you disagree with him the most?

Really good movie actually.

He has a patrician taste in movies and some interesting points.

Film analysis it's a lost art here in Cred Forums, but if people here could take their head out of their assholes, maybe they could still discuss movies, instead of complaining about things they do watch, like reddit facebook and Cred Forums.

I just wish they'd stop unironically talking about superhero films as if they are some great form of art.

Have they ever actually talked? I know Chomsky has commented on him but I'm wondering if they had a chat like the Foucault debate.

my gott

commie cokehead imbecile

Not that I'm aware of. Zizek would probably heem him in a debate.

Seething

how do you like your trashcan?

because you've been eating from it al your life

Anybody knows where I can find a torrent for this?

Nvm faggots, found it

rargb

Thanks for including the word "commie" in your posts so I can know to discard your opinion immediately.
Fuck off, classcucks.

He's not really analysing films, he is examining various cultural ideas by using examples born from the same culture. We are all within the Capitilist hegemony. We were born in it, we live and work in it, and we will likely die in it. It is hard to examine the way we think about life objectively, so Zizek uses pop-culture as a sort of cultural mirror: examining the way we look at the world through the way we portray it within art, with a focus on film.

Don't get me wrong, Zizek knows film - probably better than most on this shithole board - but he is focusing more on what the films says in relation to the ideology that created it, rather than what the film says in itself.

I guess I have to have already watched the movies he is referring to, to watch this, right?

It would help slightly but usually he explains the context of the things he is referring to. You might want to watch Red Shoes he references that one a lot.

Goddamn commie piece of shit, the weak should fear the strong.

You must be pretty scared right now.

Tbqh, I am mostly worried about the fact he is going to explain/analyse them to me before experiencing them myself. I found a list of all the movies included in it, a many of them are classics, so except some, it wouldn't hurt to watch them all.
Thanks

It's great. The Pervert's Guide To Ideology is also great.

Also, check these dubs.

what are you gonna do commie scum? Your leaders give you like 1 bread piece a week and your gulag arms are as small as twigs

He's no Baudrillard.

>the weak should fear the strong
That's right, my dear classcuck, you should fear the strong. Have fun slaving for a shekel a week while Mr. Goldstein makes a fortune off of your labor.

>commie
>leaders

that's not communism then

>that's not communism!!!!

that is the problem with you fucking commie retards, you don't understand human nature, in a commie society the people who would be the richest in a capitalistic society have instead control over the party and the whole country, the people who are more bloodthirsty and capable than others always get in power. But now they are above the law and can kill millions and millions and take all the wealth to themselves without consequences

This repeats in every communistic society in the world, it happens again and again but you stupid morons never learn, i really do hate you. you are a weak stupid person that can't take care of yourself. You dying is good for the world

I see you taught your asshole how to talk

>muh human nature
every fucking time

it's because it's the truth you imbecile

>every communistic society in the world
Tell that to Rojava's snapped neck.
Fuck off, classcuck, and take your pitiful refuted-to-death "muh human nature" argument with you, you shitkicking assclown.

>But now they are above the law and can kill millions and millions and take all the wealth to themselves without consequences
So just like in every other system?

MEIN GOTT

i didn't hate him until i found out he PRAISES lynch