Dark Matter

What do we think of this, and are we excited for a season 3?

Makes me feel a weird nostalgia for Firefly. But I think it stands pretty well on its own. I find myself groaning at the dialogue more often than not, but in a way that I'm strangely ok with.

How long did it take you to realize they were essentially all good guys thrust into bad situations?

>all females leads
>all males tiptoe around females decisions
>never a black male villain
>at least 2 scenes per episode in which a male is beaten up by a female
>male decisions are always second guessed and overshadowed by better female plans and executions
>even when a male is right he will have to apologize to a female counterpart for hurt feelings

Too much is too much. This is beyond pandering. It is plain retarded

I dropped in the middle of season 1. Pretty shit.

I like it. reminds me of sci-fi of the 90s. Good crew. Surprised by a number of actors they kill off. All good.

>it's an evil neckbeard scene

Joseph Mallozzi is bae desu

I really get a stargate feeling watching this. The ensemble of characters working together that become a family. The genre-tropes acknowledged and averted in the writing. The overall show not taking itself too seriously.

I think it's great in a "early 2000's vancouver sci fi show" kind of way

Same. A soundtrack was nice though, can't remember where too bad.

gave it a fair shot. was really hoping for something like firefly. got some cringy as fuck dialogue and bullshit relationship drama first season.

as if fireflywasn't cringey sometimes and western planet with whores episode horrible

>What do we think of this
meh. a lot of potential that seems to go nowhere due to budget limits.
>are we excited for a season 3?
No but Im not dropping it.
>I find myself groaning at the dialogue more often than not
I don't know what you mean. it gets bit cheesy at times but its part of the charm. its not tryhard like killjoys
>How long did it take you to realize they were essentially all good guys thrust into bad situations?
What?They are monsters who got their minds mindwiped. Even black cop was complicit in a cover up and guilty of at least few kills. + I don't think any of their jobs went without a single causality.

eps were they roll in a has-been are the worst ones. He and David Hewlett don't really fit since they just seem to be doing their thing instead of playing a character

Non of the arcs seem to go anywhere and are just dropped. like whole of Marc Bendavid's plot, even the most long living plot of ryo did not really go in the direction I had hoped and now seems primed to be mired in a conflict born of misunderstanding

Reminder: Do not bully the android.

Android a cute!

They left the mystery pilot from the mirror universe unresolved this season.

Took a bit for it to find its footing and the characters to grow on me, but I like where it is right now and am looking forward to S3. Definitely has the potential to be great.

tfw no ai gf

It'll be that AU-Wexler guy, and then when they kill him again, it'll turn out he was working with AU-One.

Previously, on Milf Matter

>that stupid beard.
I believe it's the most turbofaggot and cuck he can look trying to be edgy and bad guy with that stupid ass beard.
I laughed the whole episode at how shit he looks.
It will be really satisfying when he gets killed by the crew.

sweet sweet tits, what's not to love about titfu?

Anyone know when S2 is gonna be on Netflix?

soon™

2nd season sucked bad. They really need to tone down making all the male characters either stupid, weak, or evil.

4 turned to lawful evil, right, but 3 is still a good guy

3 is practically a comedy relief that occasionally shoots stuff. None of the other characters take him seriously.

3 is the best

I like the world building. Specifically the fact that it's a future where corporations run everything and the government is just a pawn. It's an interesting change of pace from most other sci fi. If for no other reason I like it because it highlights the problems we have in the present.

The samurai corporation is retarded though.

The plot is kinda dull. There's no direction. Literally just "we have no idea who we are so let's stumble around aimlessly". It's still pretty entertaining though.

6 is a good guy too
also this:

it could become better.
i remember Gantz felt like it was written from one week to the other, w/o far planning, still managed to be interesting.

I wish the show had more money for cooler planets I mean they seem to have free run of the galaxy but everything is so obviously Canadian. I hope to God the real future doesn't end up like that.

He is the most consistently likeable character

He also had his moments to shine - when he took down his old gang in a heavily outnumbered quickdraw and when he massacred the entire clan of redneck rapists singlehandedly

And he managed to successfully dick the strong Mary Sue captain in two different universes, plus the angry blonde, plus his dead cancer waifu

And he's SNUG