It's happening

It's happening...

Get ready for a whole new level of kino.

Based Jim

Why doesn't he just make an Avatar theme park? Even more 3D than the shit movies

based Jim

NEYTIRI
E
Y
T
I
R
I

>thinking people still care about Smurfs in Space 10 years later

the 3D was the only reason this sold. that fad is dead. as is Avatar.

Do people even care about Avatar?

When will reddit accept Avatar incoming dominance?

Uhh a morally compromised theme park with rides such as Colonialism, Imperialism, Biodiversity, Species Conflict

They are, Avatar Land opens in Disneys animal kingdom next year.

You're sort of right but I could really see avatar kick ass released in a year like this

Just exploring Pandora on earth will be good enough for me.

Do we ever see her nipples in Avatar?

It's just that he took way to long to bring a sequel to Avatar i bet most people forgot about it already.

How come this is still the best CGI ever made?

Is abatap still alive?

>he doesn't want a theme park covering the years 1880-1918

haha, you're a fag or something?

>best CGI ever made

top fucking kwak

on several occasions

(one off)
based Jim

Can we talk about this superb space ship design?

>one suspension of believe
>it doesn't even blatantly break physics
>realistic application in efficient space ship design

Dang, nice catch. I never realized there was an actual nip slip.

what about her vagoo ?

wow! Can't show that in a christian hollywood production

>a new wave of closeted furfags committing suicide because they're not allowed to stay in the park
Avatar truly was a strange double edged sword of shitty base line planetary romance and much needed populace cleansing.

ENHANCE

Wtf, why is this shit starting in Taiwan. Does anyone there give af about tall blue cat peple

>all those people leaving the theatre depressed because they don't live on Pandora
I never understood that. Earth is awesome. Was this just city fags who have never seen more than a community garden who were getting depressed?

Even if it's the case when the trailer hits no one remembers the first (it obviously isn't), Avatar 2 will be able to make $3 bil on it's on merits. Then when 3,4 and 5 are released in the next 4 years they will make over $10 billion combined easily.

The whole of Asia loves them.

interestingly Neytiri wears a plain brown loincloth that covers her pelvis before hanging over the waistband in all scenes except that ones during and immediately after she mates (and a short scene at the end of the movie) where she wears the purple one that just hang down from the waistband.

also, rare Neytiri coming through

Citation?

could you post pics for comparison?

Our guys.

sure thing

the previous image showed her in her "mating" clothing, this one shows her in her usual everyday clothing. Obviously the major difference is the necklaces

Oh, so she doesn't have that piece of cloth forming "panties" in the other version? It's hard to say, because the last pic is full front, so that part is obviously covered.

That was her little black dress.

ehh, if you have enough autism to collect 1000+ images of a CG character you tend to notice small details like that, and I think you get a pretty good view at it in this pic I general though they did a real good job at censoring her sexual organs, you barely notice the magnetic feathers attached to her nipples

First one was fucking trash.

That sly bitch knew exactly who Sully was going to choose to bang.

The laser on the Solar System end is ridiculously powerful but apart from that it's cool as fuck.

There is no lazer, it's a transport ship.

The Venture Star has a light sail that it uses for acceleration out of and deceleration into the Solar System to save on propellent. That sail is attached to the little bit sticking out the front between the radiators, and is pushed by an insanely powerful laser.

well, as far as the movie showed Jake didn't even talk to other na'vi women (well except for Neytiris mom).
It would be interesting to see Neytiris line of thinking when she decided to mate for life with an alien though

also, pic is from the PS1 tie-in game, featuring a scene with pregnant Neytiri

>pregnant
Now there will always be a piece of humanity on Pandora.

I wonder how many fingers it will have. I wonder if it will lead to a 5-fingered lineage of kings or if they'll just ultimately wipe out all the 5-fingered freaks.

Try the part where she swings on the branch while training Jake.

The funny part is it's his brother's DNA in his Avatar so he actually cucked himself in some strange way only sci-fi can achieve.

(dubs)
I've always headcanon it as their kids would have four digits, lack eyebrows etc but be a tad bit more muscular since the avatars are majority Na'vi genes with some human genes mixed in, so any offspring with a na'vi would lead to almost no human blood. But who the fuck knows?

Another interesting detail is that a few humans (including avatars) are allowed to stay. While the majority has to go back, I wonder how that will be dealt with in future movies

pic related?

Identical twins have the same genes. Also Sully chose the female. That just leaves memes, and those are all Sully's. Sully is totally the father.

We all know how it will be dealt with, user. We all know how everything in the first movie will be dealt with.

About here, but there's a little too much motion blur.

Not him, but I think the panty piece is there in this one.

yeah they probably forgot about Titanic and Terminator 2 also

>Identical twins have the same genes
Actually technically untrue. They're very, very, very, very, very close, but modern research in epigenetics has revealed that to not be the case. The more you know!

no! All the sequels will be Neytiri being cute and doing [insert scenario here]

well since it is the same model for all her scenes with those clothes I'll argue that she has the usual coverings

It's coming, user.

Humans will establish a base out to sea or simply on the other side of the planet. They'll outfit the operation with ACTUAL military hardware instead of the canonically glorified forklifts they were using before. They will place a few nukes in orbit. They'll begin studying the planetary tree network. They'll start making deals with tribes of Na'vi, playing them off one another. Eventually they'll establish a new mining operation and if the shit hits the fan again humans will come out on top.

Well in all honestly all the humans have to do is find a cosy place to mine and not chimp out when they find minerals right under a settlement.
Uplifting na'vi is also much more economical than spending their already strained to the limit budget on a private army and probably 50+ years of COIN warfare

in other words: reee don't touch my waifu

I'm not normally into that shit and not even a waifu fag, but she's so pretty in this shot.

Nobody cares about Avatar anymore

>Uplifting na'vi
That is what they were doing, user. That's what the American government was doing to Amerindians. It turns out natives don't like it when an advanced civilization shows up on their doorstep and tells the natives to act like the advanced civilization. The elites of the savages don't want to lose their power so they tell all the others that it's a bad idea and the other savages fight tooth and nail against the interlopers.

>2009
>CG still hasn't been topped

literally, figuratively, objectively and subjectively Reddit: the movie

I bet Sam Worthington does

I'm sure a dedicated effort from the human community to reach out too Na'vi tribes in dire straits (hit by natural disasters, pandemics etc) and offer them a place as equals in a united human/na'vi community would be very popular. Hearts & minds, not strife and genocide, ok?

>mfw Avatar is essentially a movie about James Cameron's experience taking Ayahuasca

Based

>I'm sure a dedicated effort from the human community to reach out too Na'vi tribes in dire straits
They had a dedicated effort. it didn't work.

Granted, it was implied some itchy human trigger fingers were involved, but still. The Na'vi would have zero intention of leaving their tree no matter how well behaved the humans were.

Imagine if aliens came along and told you to give up your physical form and upload your conciousness into a computer. All you have to go by is the promise from the aliens that they have your best interests in mind and that it's for the better. You wouldn't be able to comprehend the decision itself just like the Na'vi couldn't comprehend what the pros and cons of "industrialization" were.

Speaking of "industrialization"/civilization... did the Na'vi have a writing system? It seemed implied that it was only oral.

>try to go to sleep
>alien is sleeping right next to you
>mfw

well nobody has really tried, with the exception of the hobbit maybe.

I wish sequel was like this - Humans coming back and nuking everything - I'm a suker for this 'humanity fuck yeah' trope

The CGI looked better at 48 fps

As a fan of Spartacus, Azog was one of the weirdest things ever. In HFR I could *feel* Manu Bennet underneath the CGI. He has the same mannerisms as in Spartacus and it was freaking me out. The 24 fps version doesn't get that across so well, the CGI loses weight and detail

I understood it as they where making headway and educating Na'vi in a school but that there was an incident involving na'vi kids destroying a bulldozer IIRC and the human response was to kill everyone they could at the school. Leading up to the events in the movie.
And no the na'vi don't have an actual civilization since they live under divine rule and they don't need to write things down since they can upload memories to their global tree network. They do have a history dating back 50.000 years though

Cry more.

Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, T2. He gave us so much already I'm not even mad he decided to spend the rest of his career working on sub-par CGI movies. Well maybe they're not really bad just pale in comparison to his older movies. Just like Zemeckiss and Lucas and some other older filmakers in early 2000s he just decided he loves this new "exciting" technology too much.

Quints aside, I prefer the Star Trek brand of H,FY, where humanity isn't physically or mentally superior, but superior in essence, in how we see things and how we organize ourselves.

I want a H,FY story where humanity finds a galaxy in a billion years of technological and social stagnation where the elites rule through fear and slavery and there is zero conception of common good and humanity turning it all on its head, building a coalition built on trust and the greater good of all.

That isn't what humanity is like, though.

him abandoning battle angel hurt even more. a dark scifi story about a cyborg would've been perfect for jim.

I actually rooted for humans. It's because Cameron is way better at making up future technology than than natural environments. The sequels won't even have that because Sam Worthington went full smurf.

When's parts 2 of the trilogy happening?

I say it in essence is H,FY. "LoL, humanity blowing shit up" is such a juvenile form masturbating to one's own species. And that's the key part of H,FY, getting off to one's own species.

>sam worthington's salary for avatar
>actor's guild minimum AKA scale

>robert downey jr for marvel stuff
>50-100 million per flick

>daniel craig for bond
>30-50 million per flick

>christian bale for batman
>30-50 million per flick

Really makes you think...

The design in overall is fucking amazing. I got a huge concept art book when the movie came out and it's just sooo much of creative concepts.

kawaii meets kino in blue space kitties 2 :3

not really.

Yeah, it does. If they used the money they spend on "A-list actors" on effects, the movies would look 100x better.

(dubs)
can't wait for 2018

So contrarians can root for the aliens and argue how space Hitler did nothing wrong?

abatap detected

You wish.

Ridiculous power is necessary for near relativistic speeds and all things considered a huge ass laser array is by far the most sensible option.

How is the laser powered though?

With whatever the fuck they want to power it with. Probably fusion or maybe a solar collector at a lagrange point so large it can be seen from Earth.

UNOBTAINIUM

How the fuck does that work? Is it suspended by wires?

Incorrect. Unobtanium isn't a fuel source.

This.

ree, Neytiri is not a furry, she is an elf with a tail and flat nose

pic is Neytiri finally connecting the dots between 9/11, Israel and George Bush

and thats when i dropped the movie.

Dude, as an engineer and physicist, I loved the name. It's exactly what a tongue and cheek nerd would call it after discovery.

I need more blue tiddies.

Also why do they all have perfectly perky breasts with zero sag?

>Avatar gets a whole mini theme park
>Jurassic Park's Island of Adventure is one ride, some shit for kids and a museum
WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT FORD EXPLORER RIDE WE WERE PROMISED, UNIVERSAL? TEAR DOWN ALL THAT MARVEL SHIT AND MAKE ROOM. JW JUST CAME OUT, RIDE THOSE COATTAILS. The possibilities are fucking endless. They're obsessed with those screen projector rides anyway, so just make one of those for the field scene from TLW and be done with it, fuck. If there can be four Harry Potter rides, JP should be equally as successful.
Also why do the dinosaurs on River Adventure have stock sound effects for the most part?

Xenos should be purged desu

because they are all very lean and their breasts are small?

>lose your name
>lose your language
>lose your religion
>lose your hair or lackthereof
>lose your traditional activities
Would anyone ever be cool with that?
God only knows how many theater shooting/stabbings would take place if someone told fa/tv/irgins to stop clapping at the end of movies or to put away their crab legs.

The gravity is 20% lighter than Earth's.

Japan was... at least more so than virtually every other culture. Also the Congo picked Christianity up like as soon as Portuguese stepped off the ship.

>Na'vi have naturally very little muscle and small tits
>humans have a lot of muscle and large tits
>male avatars have a lot of muscle
>female avatsrs of human females with big tits...
Is such a thing possible? Yes.

You are posting so many of these things but I made a concious effort to find nip slips last time I watched Avatar and found none of them. I guess you actually have to pause every suspected scene and go through it frame by frame to find them.

male Na'vi are actually pretty muscleous (avatars are still largest though, thanks to human genes), it's just the females that lack any sort of visible muscles. It wouldn't be out of the picture that avatars have considerable larger dicks than na'vi men, since humans have relatively large penises compared to other apes. Of course na'vi males might have huge dicks for some reason, but I like the thought.

1000+ pictures, there are bound to be some of them

but they are

so you admit it's gay as fuck

>I'm talking about tits
>Cred Forums responds with no mention about tits
>Cred Forums just goes off about dicks
O-Okay.

... No. It's good and I enjoyed it. The people who didn't enjoy it were the people who hadn't heard of the term before the movie.

>i cant see past the fact that their skin is blue

fixed that for you

WTF. I never watched the flick but why does everything looks like Reboot tier lighting and color palette?

Furryyiff Revengeance will make money but nowhere near what Dancing with Aliens got.

>be a pirate nation for a century until big brother China and Korea force you to calm down
>become a nation that is prone to lashing out at the two established empires whenever you're bored of infighting
>full blown autistic after your constant attempts to start shit run out of steam
>white people show up requesting that you open your ports
>respond with cannons
>America shows up requesting that you open your ports
>respond with threats
>"No really, open your ports or we'll show you real cannons"
>"Y-y-you too"
>spend decades siphoning arms designs
>fling shit at your big brothers that have no been crippled by white interests
>World War were declared
>White people distracted
>yellow people try to request less imperialism
>Versailles opts to let Japan handle that shit
>Japan goes apeshit on the roasted chicken that was handed to it
>America wants a drumstick and decides to cut oil from Japan
>receive World War 2
Yeah, real nice cultural advancement.

korea pls

lol

Do we know anything about the second movie yet?

it's now 3 movies.

all of them will probably take place in China and feature Chinese Na'vi to help fund them all

You approach Neytiri with a pair of scissors.

>me on the left

The VentureStar is probably the most realistic spaceship in cinema and by far the coolest. It really exemplifies what you would need for a interstellar ship that actually travels the entire distance conventionally.

I really wish JC would do a movie like the first 10-20 minutes of Avatar where it mainly focuses on the humans; it is the best piece of scifi I can think of. A movie about that kind of shit, with realistic spaceships exploring other exoplanets and showing what Earth is like.

wait is avatar real?

James (James) Cameron the greatest pioneer!
No budget too steep no ocean too deep
Who's that? (Yeah it's him)
James Cameron!

A new age of kino begins soon.