TMNT had best New York ever

TMNT had best New York ever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=URL7GxaFv_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NY at night is a great setting.

youtube.com/watch?v=URL7GxaFv_8

New York is the only real city. I'm not knocking other cities but face it. When you call New York a city than any other place in the United States can only look like a fucking village even if they have 15 skyscrapers.

NYC is a meme conurbation.

I like it a lot too, but I've gotta go with Sam Raimi Spider-Man NYC.

Ghostbusters NYC

>this is what nycucks actually believe

Capekino

Woody Allen and Whit Stillman and recently Noah Baumbach give great NY

Is this any good? I was recently listening to Faith No More and totally forgot they did the theme to this.

NYC has been a cultural wasteland since the late 90's

Once FRIENDS aired every yuppie douche flocked there and gentrified every borough but Harlem. Now it's like a weird joke city of angry aggressive people who have no idea why the pay $4000 a month for a studio apartment.

Everyone should watch it.

I heard about this. Wasn't it X rated?

nah, Eyes Wide Shut did it better

these are sweet

i can almost hear the score now

The first TMNT movie is legit the best comic book movie ever. Damn near everything about it is awesome. The fact that it was made on a shoestring budget with a bunch of relative unknowns just makes it more impressive.

It's also the only Turtles film that has a perfect mix of seriousness and humor. They dumped just the right amount of cartoon TMNT into comic book TMNT. No other piece of TMNT media has managed that.

They nailed the tone so perfectly that people forget how great the fight scenes were.

The production company, Golden Harvest, are the same Hong Kong kung fu movie company that launched Jackie Chan. The fight scenes, like the rest of the film, also keep that blend of silliness and wtf kung fu ability.

Milwaukee downtown is all skyscrapers

I knew you were a nasty turtle lover!

You can tell it's the same company as Jackie Chan because the Foot soldiers are actually trying to hit Raph.

lol I remember this too.

>They nailed the tone so perfectly that people forget how great the fight scenes were.

It's the only TMNT movie where martial arts play a major role. Secret of the Ooze dialed back the fighting significantly and they never really let the turtles use their weapons. TMNT3 basically has a couple of fight scenes. The new Platinum Dunes flicks don't have any martial arts *at all*. Hell, there's nothing ninja-like about the PD turtles.

I still long for the day where the major story arcs from the original Mirage comics run are faithfully adapted to live action, or CG (like the new cartoon) or even good old animation, but I know it will never happen. The closest thing that will ever exist will be the first movie.

Absolutely. And they're ducking and dodging his attacks. There's a sense of struggle, as opposed to 99% of Hollywood fight scenes that are just going through the motions of an overpowered protag blowing away defenceless goons.

>you will never watch something where the protagonists lose

The Simpsons made me hate New York and never want to go there.

Fucking crazy good choregraphy considering the lack of visibility and costume hinderance...

really the ultimate christmas film

I think Raph lost that fight. Been a while.

I think there were a ton of complaints about the violence. In the UK, they were rename Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles because "ninja" implied too much violence.

LA is better

gay

What about Ghostbusters?

American Psycho gives New York a really weird look. It's almost a creepy look but as if by day it is disguised as a nice place to live.

Yes, even though only the opening scene was filmed in NY, the rest was filmed in North Carolina i think, there's a turtles trivia vid on youtube, too lazy to double check

>I think there were a ton of complaints about the violence

That's exactly what happened. After the first movie blew up, the movie company wanted to make a more "family friendly" movie and removed any dark elements and only allowed slapstick violence.

It very odd to think that the first TMNT movie got away with a PG rating, while the Platinum Dunes movies get slapped with PG-13 for nothing more than a handful of off-color jokes.

The first TMNT movie is pretty grimdark for a PG movie.

The sound stages and farm were in NC. I think everything else was filmed in NY. I could be wrong.

That said, this movie used a lot of sound stages. The sewers and the streets and buildings they fight on during the end battle with the Foot soldiers and Shredder were all sound stages.