This is us

anybody gonna give this a try? after the turd that was the good place last night i have mu doubts

Why does Mandy Moore always play the same character

fit man/fat woman

its bad its so bad its bad right? god this is bad

That's not her boyfriend; it's her brother.

I like it. I like it a lot, by the way. The last scene was a bit funny.

so it just like follows these people around who have the same birthday?

major dad

Holy fucking shit.

I really like this show.

I liked it.

does anyone know where I can find a link to view it or download it? my searching unsurprisingly isn't giving me anything.

I told my friend that it wasn't shit and he doesn't believe me

If it was short it would actually not be half bad.
but it's going to go for ten seasons and run itself into the ground, so never mind.

Without having watched Parenthood, I see it becoming the next Parenthood.

It just aired.

Check NBC.com or wait a day or two. Be patient.

Is this just some like "WOW LIFE IS COMPLICATED BUT YOU GET THRU IT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS THANK BE THANKFUL FOR THE ONES U GOT

From the commercials it just looks like "Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Series," is there any merit to this?

Already did, they only had the after the episode talkback shit. I will be patient though, thanks for the reply.

fat protagonist

kek

so far yeah just people with the same birthdays going through rough shit in their lives.

pretty much, it was surprisingly not shitty though. It stood up to my scruitiny at least, and I'm not a fan of cable shows usually.

There were some good transitions as well as a meta part that stood out to me, addressing the shit on (cable) television lately. I had some smiles and the ending wrapped the story together nicely imo. The characters at least thus far seem like they could go archetypal routes but that being said I was captivated most by the black guy and the actor's personalities.

Like what was said earlier this is probably going to be a parenthood replacement, but it was still a good first episode that I think is probably worth checking out. the summaries I've found online in my searching for a torrent call it a "dramedy" so take that as you will.

She's one of a number of protagonists.

All positive comments are actually paid for, no one is allowed to like anything

polite sage for samefag

Because she can't act.

Is there anything wrong with that?

I'm actually exhausted by the shows which must consistently push sex, rampant violence, vilification and general decadence in lieu of anything meaningful. I'm not talking degeneracy, but let's look at the current shows on TV
>Scandal
Side bitch problems: the show. Every episode features a sex scene, a murder/fight, etc. Always something edgy.
>How to get away from murder.
Sex scenes and murder scenes galore. The show has made it a point to constantly shoehorn in some ridiculous sex scene.
>GoT
Enough said.

I'm tired of the constant stream of murder -death-kill-sex-nudity. As I'm watching this, I'm viewing Star Trek.

shill post is obvious

fuck off

nice dubs

I think you have a case of confirmation bias. there are shows airing now that don't push sex, violence etc. Look at basically any comedy. Or all of those medical shows.

Do they really think anyone here is going to watch this mediocre focus group 'diverse' crap?

why would someone shill this on Cred Forums of all places and not some chicken soup forum?
why would a shill be asking for a torrent? wouldn't they rather say something about paying the channel or whatever? would they give a review as wishy-washy as the one that was provided?

I think you're a bit delusional and nothing said to you will change your opinion that all not-completely-negative discussion of a show is paid for. There is no need to be upset.

I liked it. It's basically Parenthood 2: Electric Boogaloo.

The "Man-ny" scene with him quitting was fucking great -- especially considering this is on NBC.

I have to admit, though -- the previews for the next episode don't fill me with confidence. So, there's a good chance this will just be a show that had a good pilot and nothing more.

And not to shill even more for the network, but...have they had a shake-up recently, or something? Because Superstore was good (and audiences liked it enough for it to be one of the first NBC comedies in quite a while to get a confident renewal); The Good Place wasn't perfect, but it wasn't completely awful like their recently cancelled shows; and This is Us wasn't half-bad, either.

Is NBC finally going back to being the "network that brought you The Fresh Prince, Seinfeld, Friends, ER, Hill Street Blues, and The West Wing"?

also

so many fucking "family" commercials during this... Like, this is one of the first times I've noticed how targeted these things can be. It's like, "FAMILY, AMIRITE? YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY! OF COURSE YOU DO! HAHAHA! FAMILY!"

>nothing to see here

Ok. I'm super stoked for this fat bitch show. Capitalism at work

talking to yourself is pathetic. you marketing dorks have really gotten desperate. Literally no one under 50 other than crazy fat women will watch this.

>that one guy who says "st-st-st-stop shilling!!!" in a thread about a new show

Please stop being so dumb.

Even if we were shills, there is very little that you -- the "anti-shiller" -- could do to help us -- the shills -- out. You're probably not targeted by Nielsen; there are countless options to watch this without paying for it.

This isn't video games. This isn't even a movie. "Our" views actually have zero effect on whether this show lives or dies.

your medium is dying

>this is U.S.
Pretty accurate desu

The quitting scene stood out to me as well, (I referred to it as meta in my review up there) but I agree with you; I don't know how well it's going to stand up after the pilot, and I don't know how long they can keep what I see as a such a simple concept going for more than a few seasons. I'm sure they'll find a way to run it into the ground and beat the corpse though.

I didn't immediately recognize the production companies in the credits so maybe that's a good thing, an indicator that they're moving in a better direction. I don't really watch many airing shows though, especially on NBC since the shows consistently make me feel like shit that people actually watch this shit, if that makes sense. I saw the first half of the good life and it was not enough to keep me around for the second half.

Just ignore them

Take it to Reddit. This shit show is for senior citizens.