FX Atlanta Live Thread

Anyone still watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RBtlPT23PTM
reddit.com/r/megalinks/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone that watches this show will be exterminated by RWDS

Still watching, and still pretty enjoyable so far.

This episode is pretty shit so far honestly. I don't understand the praise this show is getting, it's not awful, but it's far from anything great. Feels like it's only getting praise dumped on it because of the whole "It's an all black production" thing.

this show owns, and they cut a check to beach house.

youtube.com/watch?v=RBtlPT23PTM

it feels like a 25 min show stretched to a hour. but some how its still a 25 min show

>The misadventures of Paperboi

The show would be so much better without Donald Glover being so smug about his humor. It's like everyone of his jokes is shoe-horned and he should turn to the camera to deliver them.

I honestly think he is the worst part, I think the Paper boy actor does a better job, as well as his sidekick. Glover just doesn't really fit in well.

this

Glover has written himself to be so fucking unlikable and arrogant and has shown us nothing so far to justify or warrant it

like right fucking now

he fucking told him if he needed it to take the fucking money, now he's acting like a little shit because he was a greedy fuck and didn't think to ask how long it would take

He also obviously writes in a lot of questionable stuff for other characters in order to raise Earl up as a moral highground.
Like the "Asians are short" line, it comes off as preachy.

Is it Nigger Kino?

Did Glover just say fucked uncensored? Or can I just not hear properly?

The show has been uncensored since episode 1

Huh

I didn't even know that was possible. This is the first episode I watched not online.

>Create a TV show and force yourself into the lead role
>Make your character whiny and boring as fuck
>Hire side actors better than you

any links?

reddit.com/r/megalinks/

wait here

Yes
I don't like him either paper boi and his friend are the only likeable characters

>watching chigger show

Average ep but I like how the series so far doesn't dwell or preach "black issues" to the viewer. Those situations do occur but the characters are too busy living to teach a message to the audience.
People living life even if it's a little smug (Glover).

I honestly don't even notice it. Just shows how pointless censorship is anyways.

this show would be better if it just chronicled darius and paper boi's rise to fame without donald glover

Would also be better if it were a hour long show, right now it feels way too short.

It may not preach what you consider "black issues", but it is definitely very preachy.
Episode 2 approached transmisogyny and mental illness in the black community in the laziest way possible.

>wait
i meant a stream
but i realized this is the 4th epsiode that was leaked weeks ago
its the one where darius trades dogs so they can be bred and sold right

If it were an hour long it'd just be another ultra-pretentious show with shit pacing, like Mr. Robot Season 2.
The writers know their limits.

Yeah

I guess I saw it more as a jail thing, having spent a night and the following day moving from holding cell to holding cell. I could have made personal connections.

t pleb

The brown guy is blasian right? He looks like my little brother but with less curly hair.

Could be Indo.

Is this an accurate depictin of how black people live?

yes

probly what i'd do t b h. don't wanna come off as a mary sue in a show i made

CAN i HAVE A KIDS MEAL?
WHAT IS NEXT GUYS??

>go on a date ask for doggy bag everyone looking at him

Is this show more than just >muh black strife

its accurate for how hipster, white washed quirky indie black people live, if there was such a thing. (but there isnt, they dont exist in real life, only on tv)

I cringed at that bit

He really isn't a good enough actor to make aimless and depressed characters compelling

Kind of. Depends.

I know a lot of people like Earn and Darius, minus the excessive pot smoking and criminality. I'm mixed and was born in a relatively diverse, middle-middle class neighborhood and we all went to a decent school.

That being said, what Earn/Paperboi/Darius is going through is what most people go through during some point in their lives. The show is merely a representation of existential anxiety and reflection faced by mid/late 20s and early 30s. Seeking to balance what you love/want to do with your need to survive, juxtaposed with mounting responsibilities that you accumulate over time and acceptance of consequences.

Earn is a young father who is not ready to accept the full realization of his responsibility and he lacks both wisdom and guidance to properly focus himself. His girlfriend is in love with him still and tolerates him, and she sees the immense potential, but is frustrated by his childish nature. From those previous sentences alone, you can exchange certain words with others and identify with the character.

The show also views this through the lens of African American culture. The humor is clearly inspired by parodies they make of themselves and observations they make of ignorant black people. Notice how Darius knew about McQueen, yet told Earn that black people don't know of him. Immediately, Earn called him out on this false dichotomy and Darius quickly replied that he's Nigerian, i.e., different. African Americans and Africans have always seen themselves as separate, and the show was able to use subtlety to weave this concept into a scene.

I like it. It's a good show. I also sing the song a lot to myself.

>5 hours after show airs
>41 posts in "livethread"
>27 posters
I can't wait until Atlanta cannot be posted about on Cred Forums and I can enjoy it without feeling compelled to read stupid opinions

Glover that paper boy song is hot fire

Is this show any good?

More posters isn't always better.

This was probably the weakest episode so far and I still really liked it.
I'm sold.

I want Atlantaposting to sink to Agents of Shield season 2 tier on Cred Forums. Totally invisible.

We're on track

Glover is full black, I'm not. I'm passing. People mistake me for Israeli or northern Italian.

>RWDS
what?

Yes kino dark comedy

>Feels like it's only getting praise dumped on it because of the whole "It's an all black production" thing.

come on, no way that would happen

>African American
>full black
It's entirely possible he could be like Mae Jeminson and have Asian ancestry. His eyes appear to have a double eyelid.

>Earn is a young father who is not ready to accept the full realization of his responsibility and he lacks both wisdom and guidance to properly focus himself. His girlfriend is in love with him still and tolerates him, and she sees the immense potential, but is frustrated by his childish nature.
literally me without a baby, though I'm terrified my life will never be in enough order to be a dad so it all connects anyway

FUCK! I never set alarms for any shows I actually give a shit about, so I'm behind on everything. Atlanta included.

Fuck.

I think earn also has a hard time relating to the ghetto type characters because of his princeton education

Right Wing Death Squads; dude was being a cunt. Look, this show doesn't have the depth yet to bring out the ire of the opposite sides of the political spectrum. Actually, nor should it. That doesn't seem to be the intention. It is very comfy and I am involved enough after 4 episodes to continue to watch.

It does need to pick things up a bit. It's not dark comedy enough, nor is it dramatic enough yet. It really needs to find its wings. I think it can be both, but it's much too early and I want to give it the benefit of the doubt that it will eventually reach its ceiling whichever direction it goes. Personally, I would like to see it delve in both directions and be able to be the magnet that brings both elements towards the center.

Wow, you're pontificating a lot for someone with zero credentials

what is this show about?

I went to Tribeca Flashpoint Academy in Chicago for screenwriting, but you are actually 100% right. I'm just drunk.

He sees more of himself in them than they see in him.
The Malcolm/Martin conversation in the first episode kind of iterates that.

I could never bring myself to start.

>television and film
>credentials

pfffftaahahahahahahaha

Meh, it was a fair criticism of my critiques. I am a nobody. Obviously, like you're saying, none of us on this shithole have any credentials, no matter who we are. I just typed whatever the fuck came to mind and he called me out on it. I stand by my thoughts of this show, though.

Darius as L is the only promising thing about this Death Note remake

Last episode was way weaker.

This is Cred Forums, that is kinda the point. You want credentials go to reddit.

No, I am not watching this nigger show for niggers!

>Anyone still watching?
no

I was getting so hype thinking keith ape was about to show up after the migos appeared on this show.