Entire plan depended on big trees not noticing the giant wood graveyard right on their doorstep

>Entire plan depended on big trees not noticing the giant wood graveyard right on their doorstep

Aruman BTFO

In the books the world is WAY bigger and not nearly as closely connected as it seems in the movies.

>entire plan depended on rohirrim for some reason not attacking the completely undefended flank of his siege

Why did he suck at strategy?

your mom sucked my strategy last night

wtf i hate tolkien now

the whole point was that the ents were so sedentary and outside the concerns of other races that they posed no threat. they didn't even enter into saruman's plans. their chimpout was sudden and unexpected

>Sauron stirs shit up
>God literally intervenes and sinks an entire continent
>Sauron attempts the same thing again

What exactly did he think will happen?

If he won God would literally intervene again and sink the whole fucking thing again.

Hell, I can get why Morgoth was just fucking things up for the sake of things getting fucked, but Sauron knows he has no chance of doing anything worthwhile since forces larger than him will just wipe the slate clean if he fucks things up too much.

His entire goal is completely pointless.

Also the Istari seem to have this dynamic where they lose their wisdom when they grasp for power. At least that's how I read it but its been a while.

Maybe not some magical thing, but greed and lust for power blinds you a bit or something?

Eru didn't intervene because the Numenor rebellion was caused by Sauron, but because it was spilling to the West. Sauron staying and fucking things up in ME doesn't bother Eru nor the Valar

What does sauron wants?

everything

You mean the rohirrim that were sent out of the kingdom and would have had no way of knowing what was going on unless Gandalf happened to have a super-fast horse and rode off to go tell them about it and bring them back just in the nick of time?

Yeah, how did Saruman not plan for that?

>>Sauron stirs shit up
>>God literally intervenes and sinks an entire continent

That's not what happened, though. Sauron wanted revenge on the Numenorians for humiliating them, so he tricked them into attacking Valinor, knowing that the Valar would just destroy Numenor. It was intentional. If he took over Middle-Earth he'd know better than to try to take on the people who even Morgoth couldn't beat.

Melkor wanted to create the world in his own way. Sauron is continuing this and presumably is holding the fort until Melkor breaks free from the void

>Morgoth fucks up Beleriand
>Valar intervene and sink Beleriand
>Sauron fucks up Numenor
>Eru intervenes and sinks Numenor

That's why they sent Gandalf and the Istari the third time to quietly oppose Sauron and rally people around him. They decided constantly sinking continents wasn't much of a long term solution

damn lotr is comfy
better start reading again

You're arguing semantics.

Point remains that no matter what Sauron achieved it can be undone in a second by forces much greater than him that he knows he can't possibly oppose.

Yeah, BUT if Gandalf and co failed then they'd sink the entire continent yet again.

In no possible outcome will they allow Sauron to reign freely.

>"""trapping""" gandalf on top of a tower when he's friends with the giant eagles instead of down in a prison cell

saruman was retarded

I think they aren't fully themselves to begin with. Being an Istari is probably like dreaming for us.

They still live in reality, but something is missing, and they can't really tell it's missing, it's only after they return to Valinor that they fully wake up and resume being the full maiar they were before leaving, and go "Oh.. right."

The only hint at that in the movies is the way Gandalf talks about his experience after he comes back as Gandalf the White. That's not in the books, iirc, but in the books, there are some places where Gandalf acts as if he doesn't really know much more than the average human.

You watch your whore mouth.

Am I the only person who's a little sympathetic to Sauron? Poor cunt just wanted to get his bro back from the void. I mean he was a dick, yeah, but it's hard not to understand his motives.

I would actually pay pretty decent money to see/read a well made alternative LoTR from Sauron's PoV.

Except he could've just chilled in his tower until his army came back from Helm's Deep, sniping at the Ents with fireball spells

That's what he was hoping for. Too bad his army got BTFO by Rohan then wiped out by animated trees (not ents)

>Sauron tricks Numenorians into attacking god

fucking numenorians