CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/1993s-falling-down-is-an-eerie-reflection-of-modern-americas-persecution-complex/

>Instead of dissecting and deconstructing racism and white privilege, Falling Down ends up reinforcing them at every turn. The film is filled with sweaty, boorish caricatures of Latino gang-bangers; heavily-accented Asian store-keepers who seemingly take malicious delight in verbally abusing their customers; scary, desperate homeless people; and various other folks at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder to whom the film nevertheless feels duty-bound to deliver a few swift kicks. The film tries to undercut the offensiveness of depicting its supporting characters in this way by adopting a cast of blandly multi-cultural cops to trade generic banter with Prendergast, as if doing so excuses the film’s extensive reliance on racist stereotypes

ARTICLE BY NATHAN (((RABIN))
Cred Forums IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-6iVvepxR-M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_white_male
grist.org/climate-energy/meet-lewis-latimer-the-african-american-who-enlightened-thomas-edison/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

but Nathan, the movie was directed by a queen!

>The film is filled with sweaty, boorish caricatures of Latino gang-bangers

Those caricatures are based on something.

>heavily-accented Asian store-keepers who seemingly take malicious delight in verbally abusing their customers

The customers are often idiots, listen at your average person in a 7-11 at 2am and try to resist the urge to curse them out.

>scary, desperate homeless people

Does this guy live in a bubble or something? Homeless people are desperate, because they're homeless.

Yeah the gay guys were the only defendable part of the movie.

there were gays in Falling Down? it's been so long I don't remember.

rotten shitmatoes lives up to its name yet again

I love chinatown for exactly this reason, them old ladies chase away all the airheads.

What did you mean by this faggot?

>talking shit about Falling Down

They've gone TOO FAR this time.

We need more movies like pic related to make the world a better place

Jesus christ...some people are absolutely ignorant about the world around them. It's like they've never been out of their pretty little neighborhood and are completely unaware of how things are in the real world.

>point of the film was that they really do fuck you but that doesn't excuse going postal
>large point of the film is that D-fens is taking it out on the wrong people which he realizes after the milsurp store
But the film is evil because Trump? Am I reading that right?
Was the whole scene with the Nazi too subtle for dear Nathan here?

I feel bad for the actors most of all with movies like this. They;re just trying to get work and this is really all that's available.

I think the woman playing Michelle is also the director or producer. Also I would jump at the chance to get on the Obama money train, the media are going to be up this guy's ass for the next two decades.

Chicagoalo here, all those things mentioned I delt with on a daily basis. Its reality. Moved to Denver where things are much whiter and a bit nicer, people her act like the guy that wrote the artical.

They are customers at the neonazi's store.

I was talking to a coworker today. I just don't see Obama going right to private life after he steps down. My coworker said he'll try for the Supreme Court down the line like Taft.

Welcome to creative work in our age. You are responsible for every social implication of every line, every piece of wardrobe, every inflection of every character. In perpetuity. Now try to tell a great story faggots.

This guy is an idiot, he has it backwards. The movie is all about a white male who can't accept that the world is changing and lashes out; you're meant to empathize with his problems but acknowledge what he's doing is wrong and not the solution. At the end the cop, who is also a white male but has shown he can accept his problems with grace, informs him (and the audience) that he is in fact the "bad guy" of the story.

I dunno, he's certainly qualified for the job but considering how much presidents are generally concerned about their legacy I can't help but think he'd consider Supreme Court Justice to be a step down from leader of the free world.

Nah I always thought of Obama as someone who would be really invested with how the country continues after he leaves office. Either the Supreme Court or back to the Senate would give him a perfect position of power and allow him to soapbox as long as he wants like Elizabeth Warren.

Or he could be the world's greatest diplomat like Clinton after he stepped down.

I could probably see that happening. He's also going to be incredibly popular an an ex-Pres, like most are, but even moreso than any previous Pres of recent memory.

>On a literal level, D-Fens wants to return to his ex-wife and daughter’s home so he can give his daughter her birthday present. On a more metaphorical level, D-Fens wants to return to an idyllic time that probably never existed, when a white man with a college degree was promised an attractive wife and lifelong marriage, two beautiful children, and a big house they could afford. Oh, and women and minorities knew their place, humbly accepted subordinate roles, and meekly, slowly worked towards social progress, albeit in ways designed not to make the white establishment feel threatened or uncomfortable.

How does he manage to write out this break-down as if it's his own, recently reconsidered outlook on the film, as opposed to the entire intended fucking point in the first place?

He has been trying to give so much power to the UN, he will probably try to take that over.

Can I get a article in English terms?

How did D-Fens murdering the neo nazi for being racist fit into his interpretation of the movie?

People aren't allowed to have problems because other people in other places have it worse because apparently having a shitty day is some kind of competition and you can't have opinions of your own.

Funny how if someone said this on here, it would be considered awful over the top bait. A socially correct opinion a person would express in any office environment would be considered far left bait on Cred Forums. How?

an American running the UN? well shit maybe things will actually get done over there.

I don't know what it is that makes it so easy to miss the point of Falling Down. Douglas literally says "I'm the bad guy" in the final lines of the film. The movie depict's the arc of a normal man's fall from society, it's a portrait of The Everyman right at the moment where he snaps. We're not supposed to agree with him. We're not supposed to root for him. He's a broken creature, a casualty of the modern world. If nothing else, we're supposed to feel pity.

He's not some White Man's Cathartic Release.

>We're not supposed to root for him. He's a broken creature, a casualty of the modern world. If nothing else, we're supposed to feel pity.
ok, all of that, but now the main character was born in Afghanistan.

how is the movie different?

SJWs hate reality, user, and they hate when that reality is reflected in movies and TV. Only straight white men should be portrayed negatively in fiction.

Maybe the real message is the world doesn't have room for white men who want a normal life.
Your job, no matter your qualifications, will eventually be outsourced unless your top of the food chain and connected like a mother fucker.
Your wife is statistically likely to leave you and your lucky if you even get visitation.
This film is about the death of the middle class white man, he throws a little tantrum while he's replaced, but he will be forgotten a week after these events.

It's not even about a white man specifically. The guy protesting at the bank about being "not economically viable" is black and is the only character that D-FENS sees eye to eye with.

Ignore that scene, and ignore the scene where he is sickened by the rich white golfer, and ignore the scene where he is repulsed by the racist shopkeeper, and ignore the scene where he bonds with the black child who teaches him how to use the bazooka.

Only look at the scenes that prove this movie is disgusting and RACIST, white males are so disgusting, amirite guyz

>michael douglas
>white

Isnt the entire point of the movie that hes just as bad as all the peoples hes killing? Also, the author completely glosses over the scene where he pretty much murders a rich old white guy on a golf course for being so entitled, so its not like the movie doesnt critisize white people also.

But seriously, can i fucking go anywhere to get away from all this social justice garbage? Its on fucking RT now also? Its literally fucking cancer, its literally infecting everything

QUEERS AND FAGGOTS

>movie literally has a scene where a black man is implicitly denied a loan because the color of his skin
>movie is sympathetic to him and portrays him as one of the only just characters
>but the movie is still a racist white male fantasy
I hate this world

I thought he was going to do something to help black communities.

I can't believe they're taking potshots at a 20 year old movie without even watching it enough to understand it. This guy and the black kid at the construction site are among the only people michael douglas meets that day who don't contribute towards his insanity. He even gets pissed off at the neo-nazi for being a racist homophobic prick.

The movie, in my interpretation, is about the inevitable difficulties that stem from close co-existence with other humans and how we deal with them. Douglas' character explicitly states many times that he just wants to walk, and if nobody got in his way nobody would get hurt, but has to deal with a world where this is simply not possible. While the police officer is able to manage these kinds of problems healthily, D-Fens breaks down. The point isn't that D-Fens is entitled to a perfect life and throwing a tantrum, it's that the world isn't even designed for his existence. The world doesn't exist for anybody and we all have to deal with that.

FUCKING
THIS
I was watching it on a Cred Forums recommendation and was so confused to see a black guy be the most sympathetic character, or at least the one you're supposed to sympathize with most.
And the neonazi murder.

Is there a law preventing him from appointing himself into Scalia's vacancy?

No. There's nowhere you can go. We can only wait for the inevitable backlash

>I can't believe they're taking potshots at a 20 year old movie without even watching it enough to understand it.
You can too believe it. This is SJWs we're talking about here. These morons go all the way back to the Crusades as an example of evil white christians oppressing muh innocent brown muslims.

More Koran quotes and Muhammad references.

Wait a second.
Wasn't the MC a caricature as well?

>Southisde with you
They did anal?

Please god no

>sweaty, boorish caricatures of Latino gang-bangers;
Those accurate representations back in the 90's, in the movie they were shit for brains who caused major collateral damage.

>heavily-accented Asian store-keepers who seemingly take malicious delight in verbally abusing their customers;
Has this faggot ever been to a convenience store? How out of touch can someone be?

>scary, desperate homeless people;
Clearly never dealt with the homeless either.

>and various other folks at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder to whom the film nevertheless feels duty-bound to deliver a few swift kicks.
What about the non-economically viable guy? Is he a "swift kick" too?

>The film tries to undercut the offensiveness of depicting its supporting characters in this way by adopting a cast of blandly multi-cultural cops to trade generic banter with Prendergast, as if doing so excuses the film’s extensive reliance on racist stereotypes.
What the fuck does that even mean?

I bought this movie just because Cred Forums is constantly talking about it. What am I in for whenever i finally watch it?

Sympathy for the main character.

>These morons go all the way back to the Crusades as an example of evil white christians oppressing muh innocent brown muslims.
>Byzantium
>brown

I read somewhere he wanted to be a t-shirt salesman. No joke

>Asian store-keepers who seemingly take malicious delight in verbally abusing their customers
What. Is this faggot projecting? The guy just seemed fed up and irritated.

Also god forbid a latino person is shown sweating on a hot summer day.

>implicitly denied a loan because the color of his skin
No. You've inserted your own racial narrative because of the colour of the man's skin.

You never heard of redlining?

Have you seen the Obama vs Obama montages on youtube? There's one in the latest Drunken Peasants show. Basically, they have him from 2008 debate himself from 2016 and he flipflops 180 degrees on pretty much everything, especially Clinton.

Stereotypes that persist do so for a reason.

So then it's true, white people are racist and keep minorities down while also marrying their cousins?

By your logic, BLM is correct--cops do unfairly target blacks and are murderers.

No, because by your logic the stereotype about blacks being criminals would also be true.

Coveniebtly ignores the white supremacist he distances himself from.

>Byzantium
>not Istanbul

But on a serious note, you know that most of the Crusades did not take place in Byzantium, right?

>drunken peasants

It's the worst podcast, I started watching in early Gamergate days because they had Sargon on, then I realized they're all disgusting sociopaths. Why are all youtubers such scum?

These people don't even realize the film is a black comedy.
It doesn't matter if it has a message or not. You're supposed to laugh

I'm using your logic. So by your logic, both are true.

>sociopaths
In what way? I'm talking specifically about Sargon, because I don't hold Banana Atheist in very high regard.

Oh no, I meant the DP people.

Sargon is just a dumb stoner, I don't think he's especially evil or anything.

>tfw forced myself to watch all of his bullshit cyberpunk pen and paper RPG sessions because I have no friends and he's the worst goddamn DM

Sargon isn't a regular on the podcast

It's banana atheist and his retard luchadore brother that are the host

Sargon is just kind of a dick who thinks he's charming but not any worse than your average atheist

>tfw forced myself to watch all of his bullshit cyberpunk pen and paper RPG sessions because I have no friends and he's the worst goddamn DM
You could try watching itmejp's D&D session that had TB on. Too bad the series was interrupted, but it's hilarious as fuck while it lasts.

>TB
Can't stand his corporate shilling, and the entire crowd around him seems to be of the corporate apologist/SJW type. I wish normal nerds who were anti fucking everything still existed.

>>heavily-accented Asian store-keepers who seemingly take malicious delight in verbally abusing their customers;
>Has this faggot ever been to a convenience store? How out of touch can someone be?

the irony

>TB
>corporate shilling
What

What so bad about a film that vents frustration at different marginalized parts of society? A single individual is not to blame for his society's problems and can rightfulyl feel frustrated by the consequences of having to live with and near less civilized and integrated people.

>I watch falling down and actually thing the main character is a cool winner

The words of a person who is even more cucked then falling down man.

Notice that him and D-FENS are wearing the same exact outfit, and the knowing nod they give each other as he is taken away by the cops.

It wasn't so much a race thing as a class and status thing, 2bh. Also showing how there are non-violent ways of venting your frustrations with society, although its not like the black man is very successful with the route he takes.

Does that mean they're admitting that "modern American persecution complex" is separate and distinct from white nationalism? Because that's how it was in the movie.

Nope.

Falling Down is essentially about the displacement and betrayal of the ordinary White man in America, whether due changing racial demographics or materialist consumption.

youtube.com/watch?v=-6iVvepxR-M

This scene for example shows how the White man finds himself attacked by minorities for no reason (the gang sign is only an excuse though its obvious the cause of the confrontation is simply mindless violence against Michael Douglas' character because he's White). Note the choice of words. Despite his attempts to simply resolve the issue peacefully, the gang members persist in harassing him. I think the following line is probably the most important of the movie. It conveys the entire point of the movie.

>"Okay, okay. I was willing to mind my own business, I was willing to respect your territory and treat you like a man, but you couldn't leave it alone, could you?"

Basically, the White man in America, despite being completely willing to treat minorities equally, still finds himself pushed. Michael Douglas' character only wants to travel the city to his daughter's birthday party, but find himself constantly hindered and harassed. Similarily, the ordinary White man just wants to get on with his life without getting hassled, yet he too finds himself constantly assailed by imposed racial issues, which has dislocated his place in society and destroyed his identity. Despite his willingness to go along (he even specifically rebukes the Neo-Nazi, saying they are nothing alike). His good faith has been constantly betrayed, which manifests in psychopathic violent outbursts. In real life, the same effect occurs but is more likely to out itself in use of medication, alcoholism, obesity, depression, etc. (life expectancy for White Americans is lowering due to all this).

All of this is punctuated by the final line of the movie: "I'm the bad guy?". Despite just wanting to get to his daughter's birthday party, he finds himself demonized.

It's called Four Lions. You should watch it.

>Falling Down got the green light due to nazi scene

Fucking pathetic. You can't make a social commentary without having a white racisss?

The Nazi was retarded white trash though. He even bought into the whole narrative about Zyklon B and gas chambers. I thought you guys claim the Holocaust never happened nowadays?

Why was that female employee smiling after a shootout in that fast food restaurant?

Did she find D-Fence attractive?

>you guys
What's that supposed to mean?

Sorry, I meant "you people." Didn't mean to assume your genders there :^)

The fear and excitement of the situation made her wet.

you shouldn't accurately depict reality man, unless you're depicting evil white people. everyone else should be presented as the most virtuous, noble people in existence.

>Watch Falling Down with a girl
>She finds D-Fence attractive and cute

What did she mean by this?

That she would find it extremely hot if you went on a rage-fueled rampage across LA.

Yes, this person does live in a bubble.

He's one of the actual retards that have privilege.

The problem with them is that they think all white (or in his case, (((white)))) people are as well off as he is.

>White man going on a rampage
>LAPD does not give a fuck

White privilege much? :^)

white men built this country, why should they not be pissed a bunch of nervous beta's who can't stand to be on top among us are trying to throw away power as quick as they can so jamal won't take his booty.

Not to mention it's clear no other race can be trusted to be in charge of a modern society, they didn't invent it, don't understand it, and are by and large still too undeveloped mentally to be in charge, or maybe even be a part of a modern society. The chinks come closest probably but really only japan can be pointed to as a good example. The rest is just shitty copies, what the chinks admittedly do pretty well, make shitty copies of things other smarter people did. But quick beta cucks, rush in to defend the minorities, they might be watching

More like LAPD didn't give a fuck back then

It's only recently that police have gone full gestapo in the bad areas (except NYC; that was the study for such); crime has decreased rapidly, but criminals have been killed far more and far more are in jail. Positives and negatives.

If police go back to how they were, you'll see the same violence return (it's started already in Chicago and Baltimore).

>Europoor
>College
>History course
>Teacher tells his trip to Los Angeles
>Tells that white people drive through red lights to avoid the """"""""""bad neighborhoods"""""""
>This is kind of behaviour is a norm according to them

I thought Califags are the most bluepilled liberals yet they behave like that.

we force them to murder us by being racist. only the califag's that still have a little internalized racist left speed through those neighborhoods. The truly enlightened ones among us stop and let them have their way, to repent for the rest of us. You might call us slightly better versions of jesus for that, i wouldn't but some do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_white_male

Did you know blacks are far more racist than whites?

Funny fact people never tell you.

They're even racist amongst themselves based on how brown/black they are.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_white_male
> definitive explorations of the angry white male[dead link][dubious – discuss]

My big brother visited in the US and said that the policemen are the nicest people in the world.

He is white though.

>He is white though.
0/10

>Yfw you google American inventors

It turns into Four Lions.

Wow Nathan Rabin is so cool and informed! Seriously, what and aware and "woke" fellow! Wowsers!

It's shocking to me people still make excuses for and even like niggers. It's takes far more mental gymnastics to take up that position.

Most inventors are black. DWI

I wasn't aware there were so many patents on rape, bike theft and welfare check claims
thanks google !

no one said anything about niggers but you.

Nigger detected

>Blacks killing each other

I never really got this mentality.

Italians and Asian mafias are scum too but they still take care of their people whether they are outside of the mafia.

grist.org/climate-energy/meet-lewis-latimer-the-african-american-who-enlightened-thomas-edison/

kek

Edison was a cracker who stole from the black man

I wasn't aware tesla was black

I know this article pisses us all off but I think it's important that you DO NOT SHARE IT. Articles like this are designed to piss you off so you show it to your friends and keep coming back to check the comments. Just leave your comment and never come back again.

>he's certainly qualified for the job

I swear to God I will kill you if I ever find out for sure that you made this post. We need flags because I would bet my bank account that you're a fucking leaf.

>no pastebin or archive
What the fuck is wrong with you?

yeah, everything "invented" by whites was really invented by blacks, they just patented it and the societal climate of those times didn't allow black people to register their own inventions

that's the narrative they want to push

egypt was black, therefore we can claim greece and rome

moors were black, therefore we can claim we're responsible for the reneissance and enlightenment movement because moors being present in spain somehow made entire europe adopt their knowledge!

Why is Africa such a shit hole?

>Egyptians were black
>Egyptians enslaved blacks

>Moors were black
>Moors enslaved blacks and have treated them worse than whites through centuries

Is this some kind of cuck mentality?

we wuz inventors n shit
Does anyone have the melanoid copypasta?

No, black nationalists are just retards that make up a history as part of their identity because their current lives are too shitty. They also argue that Hannibal was black based off of an extremely simplistic (and arguably Euro-centric) world view since Carthage was in Africa.

But those black nationalists completely ignore that Moors and Arabs have treated blacks worse than the white man.

Whites banned slavery.

>Whites banned slavery.
Like fools.

never trust a jew

>rotten tomatoes

TB is anything but a corporate shill and he certainly is not a SJW, especially after the abuse he suffered for daring to not call gamergate the worst thing ever.

That's the true definition of privilege these motherfuckers are always whining about. They live in their nice, upscale white communities safe from the thugs and violence while claiming those issues are trumped up by racists.

>Nathan Rabin

I remember reading some of this guy's stuff years ago and he was nowhere near this much of a faggot back then.

Does that faggot have literal brain damage? If murder was legal, he 'd be the first on my list. Hypothetically.

>He is white though.
This is what most people don't understand, it's not all about the skin colour. If a cop approaches you and you are defensive, give him the cold shoulder or are even aggressive in your language [body and verbal], he WILL treat you badly. This is the case both in US and European countries. But if you are calm, polite, cooperative and smiling when addressing a cop, things can go very smooth. Hell, people have gotten away from speeding tickets by smooth talking and without bribing, so it is possible. Sure, you can meet a racist prick but unlike what media today tells us, those kind of racists are super rare.

But when you take into account the "cops hate us" mentality that is spread around in the black community, things become almost a self-fulfilling prophecy. A cop stops a black guy for a routine check, the black guy assumes "it's because I'm black" and acts aggressive and is not cooperating, the cop assumes the guy has something to hide and starts acting like it. Rinse and repeat and now cops assume that all black guys can be trouble. It's a deep problem, but the skin colour is just the red herring that fuels the vicious cycle.

>They're even racist amongst themselves
My folks had a mate in University that came from Benin. The guy was alright and all that, but when he came home his family started harping on how much blacker his skin tone became while being away for school. Absolutely hilarious as far as I'm concerned, but it does have a bit of prejudice in its core.

>Obama
>American

Nice victim-playing. A favorite tactic of the sjw, by the way.

Or better yet, don't even go there to enter the comment.

Yeah! Us Americans don't want someone that's qualified, we want someone we could drink a beer with!

>confused to see a black guy be the most sympathetic character
>he takes Cred Forums at face value
It ain't Stormfront.org

>you've never been to a convenience store
This is describing literally every convenience store run by asians/indians/arabs.

Marry her

I'm sure this fucker hangs out with homeless people and others on the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder.