Go to the theatre to see the first star wars film in over 15 years

>go to the theatre to see the first star wars film in over 15 years
>you're visibly excited
>the film starts
>you're bombarded by childish antics from a goofy creature that talks like he has an assortment of penises in his mouth

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Oeaixkj0ec
lardbiscuit.com/lard/ilovetpm0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bKaEjPS2iRo
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
ancensored.com/clip/Girls-2012-/Lena-Dunham/60651
youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
youtube.com/watch?v=t0qH2IaSjEU
web.archive.org/web/20000305191203/http://www.leisuresuit.net/Webzine/articles/starwars_rev.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk
youtube.com/watch?v=9PCAPj4CkFM
youtube.com/watch?v=hHOTkSfVb4o
youtube.com/watch?v=-xBRxofNI3Y
lardbiscuit.com/lard/bestfoods.html
youtu.be/p0cpRamEur4
youtu.be/J0mUVY9fLlw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>you're bombarded by childish antics from a goofy creature that talks like he has an assortment of penises in his mouth
Yeah Finn and Rey were terrible, jj's writing was too

Whatever it's problems it was still way better than that piece of shit tfa.

but jar jar is one of the best characters

maz looks worse now than jar jar did then.

was this ever funny to anyone?

Oh Dear

kill yourself famalam

It's not supposed to be funny, it's the truth.

search your feeling user, you know it to be true.

Jar Jar was not as bad as people say he is.

kek Michael Jackson was going to originally play Jarar holy fuck that would have been awesome

Why are people suddenly saying that the prequels are good? I was 14 when TPM was released. I grew up with them. They were never good. The acting is wooden. The editing and pacing are all over the place. The action sequences are over the top. Pod race looks like wacky races. The final duel in ROTS is ridiculous.

>in after assdamaged prequelfags

sounds like if Lucas had his way the prequels would have been the best trilogy

Cont...

The underlying story about how Palpatine came to power while corrupting Anakinid great, but the way it is presented on screen is terrible. George Lucas himself has even admitted that the first two prequels were just filler.

>The acting is wooden. The editing and pacing are all over the place. The action sequences are over the top. Pod race looks like wacky races. The final duel in ROTS is ridiculous.
I feel the same way about TFA, minus the pod racing.

Your $10 was the only thing that got JUSTed.

sadly i think Lucas nixed Jackson because Lucas wanted CGI only, what a fucking tard

I was 14 as well. They're flawed but they were still interesting and entertaining. I was looking forward to tfa but it was let down.

But just because 7 is bad doesn't make 1,2 and 3 good.

Jake Lloyd was far worse

>Why are people suddenly saying that the prequels are good
literally no one, wtf? this is unthinkable

Okay, not being a typical Cred Forums dick here. Do you not have an issue with the fact that they are so lazily made. George never produced scripts on time. He never really worked with the actors. He did so much in post production that should be done in pre... the list goes on. Reading the making of books for these movies just makes it more clear that Lucas had no idea, story wise, what he even really wanted to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Oeaixkj0ec

>so pathetically contrarian that you'll actually defend the sequels

George had no idea how to turn Anakinid the dark side even by the time he had filmed the scene where Anakinturns to the darkside. He REFILLED THE MOST PIVOTAL POINT OF THE WHOLE TRILOGY in pickups months after principal photography was done. Who leaves that for last minute? And what did we get? He's having bad dreams. That's why Anakinid Skywalker became Darth Vader... nightmares.

>rey's mentor han solo

????

But just because 7 is bad doesn't make 1,2 and 3 good.

I have no idea why my phone keeps changing Anakin to Anakinid.

>Be George
>16 years after RotJ and technology has sufficiently advanced
>Finally get to create your own vision of what you want a Star Wars film to be like
>Literally put all of your heart and soul into this one film
>It finally comes out
>People hate it
>Your dreams are crushed
>You lose that spark you had
>The next 2 prequels suffer as a result of your crippling depression
>People hate those too
>Everyone blames you for ruining Star Wars despite all you did to revitalize the franchise for young and old fans
>Life is hell
>Finally decide to sell the franchise to Disney so you can be free of this curse
>Go watch Episode 7 in theaters wondering what the geniuses at Disney could have possibly come up with
>They just remade Episode 4 and shamelessly appealed to people's nostalgia
>It goes on to make a billion dollars despite it having no originality or vision whatsoever

JUST

the prequels are such a horrible joke

To be fair George lost his spark during Jedi when his wife left him.

It's been 10 years since the last one. I've accepted it. Sure there are things I would have done differently but they are what they are.
People still shit on George for not working with the actors but Daisey gave in my opinion the worst performance of the saga. What was JJ's problem? Could he not direct her?

In fairness, on rewatching recently I thought The Phantom Menace wasn't too bad compared to Attack of the Clones

If someone had told me in 1999 that all the three prequels were building to was that Anakin wanted to cheat death to save his wife, and then his wife dies anyway, and then Anakin keeps doing evil stuff just because. I would have thought they were joking.

tfa fags think he was a father figure to her

Don't have kids. And if you can't help it, don't ever let them take you to movies. Instead, raise them on a healthy diet of Arnold kinos, robocop, Rocky and Rocky Balboa, The Warriors, and such. There's no reason for the kids to suffer

Worse than Jake Lloyd? "Yippie" Worse than Hayden Christiansen? "I wish I could just wish away my feelings" Really?

Would aotc have been better without the clumsy love story crap? I actually enjoyed the Obiwan detective adventure shit.

You should offer this as a course for dads who hate their nu male faggot sons.

>calling them the sequels

I'd probably put her and jake around the same level. Hayden wasn't as bad as them.

It could have had a political thriller, but since Lucas decided to begin TPM with Anakin being 10, he kind of had to lump in lovey dovey stuff in one movie since Padme has to give birth at the end of the last one.

Why does everyone hate Jake Lloyd's acting? He did well playing the roll of an innocent 10 year old boy, which is what Lucas was going for. If he had started off evil then people would complain that Anakin's downfall didn't feel right because he was always bad.

I respect your opinion, but I must disagree.

There is A LOT of in-between you just casually jumped over.

How can the prequels even compete?

I think Hayden cops a lot of flak because of his interpretation of the character and because Anakin wasn't what people expected him be. I don't think it was a stellar performance by any means but there's more to it than people think.

I found this guy's in-depth analysis of TPM one day, all the way from back when the film was first released in theaters in 1999. He goes on to give a very detailed analysis of the characters and many of the film's themes, as well as why he believes TPM is misunderstood.

It's a long read, but very good if you have some time to kill and want a different perspective of the film. I certainly found it interesting.

lardbiscuit.com/lard/ilovetpm0.html

I will admit that his, Idk, speech cadence? Marched closely to how Vader spoke, but he just sounds so damn whiney all the time. It's like when Luke complains about Toschy Station, except for the whole two movies he's in.

The main issue with TPM for me is there is no dialogue, just exposition. Everyone is either saying what they just did, or what they're going to do.

I could pretty much do this with Episode I. Also there was no reveal about Rey's family.

And you forgot about how Anakin/Luke/Rey shot down the space station, thus saving the day.

OH NO WAIT REY DIDN'T DO THAT BECAUSE SHE WAS DOWN ON STARKILLER AT THE TIME LOL

She's the only one of them that actually fucking fought the villain in their first movie.

Thank you, someone with some common sense.

even though TFA was actually decent, but whatever

Cont...

I mean, there is an entire scene with Jar-Jar where he tells Padme everything we as the audience JUST SAW. Thanks for the recipe of those crazy adventures 10 minutes ago. Could George seriously not think of anything else for these characters to talk about?

Anakin is a petulant young guy gifted with abilities beyond anyone else. He wants things his way and can't handle it when it doesn't work out.
This didn't live up to peoples expectations of a "good friend" so I can understand why they were let down but it does work within the context of the film.

I like it too, I'm just trying to make a point.

I was in middle school. I stayed but was badly dissapointed.

Didn't even see AOTC in theater, just rented it and hated it.

I didn't watch ROTS until a year after it was out on DVD.

Phantom Menace killed my enthusiasm for star wars.

>its an "user is so contrarian he goes full retard" episode

sadly this is more and more common in modern day Cred Forums

I was actually in my freshman year of High School when Episode 1 launched

I remember people making HUGE lines, sitting in lines outside the theater weeks before the movie came out, camping outside the theaters.

I remember seeing some of them dressed as chewbacca, I wonder how they felt when there were absolutely no wookies in that movie?

Mind you, this was a time when we didn't have smart phones or tablets, they sat out there with nothing but maybe a walkman, not even an mp3 player to listen to.

I myself had loved the first trilogy, but word of mouth got around extremely fast and the first thing I heard from my peers is that it was all about politics and that it really wasn't that fun at all. So, I skipped it until it came out on VHS. I rented it from the local Broadway Video, which was later bought out by and converted into a Blockbuster Video

When I finally saw it, it wasn't as bad as it had been described, my expectations had already taken a dive, but it was definitely not what I had watched during my childhood.

Jar-Jar, to me, was Lucas trying to recapture the subtle comedic goofyness of c3po and r2, the ewoks, etc. except he went full slapstick.

He wasn't what people expected, but in their defense he had always been painted as this hero who gave in to corrupt morals. Lucas himself says the prequels are the story of how a good person goes bad. Yet we got the story of how an immature teenager became a whiny early twenty something and then killed his friends because he was having bad dreams.

What did you like about it?

Fuck Jar Jar, The Phantom Menace was still a true Star Wars movie (though just barely). The plot wasn't bad, the pacing was mostly good, Darth Maul was badass despite being in the movie for 2 minutes, Qui Gon & Obi Wan kicked ass, and John Williams farted out music that would make Beethoven jealous.

All of this builds up to the legendary, climactic Duel of the Fates. I get chills just thinking about that last scene where qui gon & obi wan fight Maul. Jar Jar, Padme, Anakin, Podracing, the "roger roger" droids, anybody who says a dual-lightsaber is lame, all of that and all of y'all can go straight to hell because the ending to The Phantom Menace is one of the best fight scenes in cinema history.

youtube.com/watch?v=bKaEjPS2iRo

modern day Cred Forums is all you know about new fag

I liked a lot of things, mainly Kylo Ren. I think he is going to shape up into a very developed character now that we've seen how emotional he is. I also liked Finn. I haven't seen a character so brave yet cowardly, smart yet bumbling since Ash in Army of Darkness. I liked Poe and wish he would have been in the story more. I feel like he was kept out of the middle so that Harrison Ford would have more to do.

imagine being this much of a faggot

>getting chills from a shittily choregraphed sword fight

Cont...

I actually liked STARKILLER BASE and wish it hadn't been destroyed. I sort of wish they had gone in a Cold War direction and gave a super weapon to the Republic too in a sort of "who's gonna use it first" kind of way.

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

>All of this builds up to the legendary, climactic Duel of the Fates. I get chills just thinking about that last scene where qui gon & obi wan fight Maul

>fight

Replace "fight" with "dance with" and you've got it right

Are you saying TPM had a dance off finale before GOTG?

I liked Kylo a lot as well but I thought Finns characterisation went full retard. There was just so much shit in this movie that didn't work as part of the larger saga.

>t.people who weren't even alive when TPM came out and didn't have the privilege of seeing it on the big screen

>Mind you,
Please fuck off back to readdit.

contain your autism

I saw it 3 times in the theater when I was 14 or 15.

I tried watching it again recently and I felt embarrassed. It's so shit. Besides the pod race.

>liked the pod race
>liked maul
>liked sheev

would give it a 7.5/10

It was alright, but the hate was largely bandwagon

I'm saying that the saber fights from The Return Of The Jedi, where Luke loses every single bit of his shit and wants to just fucking wreck Vader with all his might, that those days are long gone and replaced with senseless acrobatics and, frankly, terrible choreography.

That's what I'm saying

None of the light saber fights look like they're actually trying to hurt each other, there's no emotion, no anger or feeling.

It's all just some acrobats putting on a show, twirling and somersaulting

You forgot:
>you're 9 years old and the antics and creature are hilarious to you
>you don't dislike the movie until you're much older and pop culture has made it cool to shit on, so you wipe the fact that you loved it as a kid from your memory and pretend you always hated it to sound cool to strangers on the internet

Kylo Ren is the worst. I will always see him as Lena Dunham's boyfriend from the show Girls.

>None of the light saber fights look like they're actually trying to hurt each other, there's no emotion, no anger or feeling.

>What is Obi-Wan going ballistic on Maul when Qui-Gon dies

That's really what it was like, OP. I know you weren't born yet but it was a tragedy of epic proportions.

How does that not make him better.

>curse out Hux
>steal a dog
>fight Rey
>go to a sweet rave

The guy who did the choreography for the prequels, Nick something, is fucking terrible at his job.

Now you're moving goalposts.

This. In the original trilogy Kenobi says how good of a friend Anakin was and how skilled and good he was, but Episodes 2 and 3 gave us a whiny little shithead who was CONSTANTLY butting heads with Kenobi over everythin.

>79 posts
>29 posters
>you will never be as violently autistic as a prequelfag

When all someone has is insults, you know you've won the argument.

I didn't mean to link from you. I was just making an open statement.

Obi still loved him like a bother and he was an excellent pilot, so what he said was true from a certain point of view.

>go to the theatre to see the first Alien film from its original director in 33 years
>you're visibly excited
>the film starts
>you're bombarded by stupid shit from a poorly written pseudo-christian themes that are showed in your face in a manner worse than Alien 3 managed to do it

JUST

JUST

I'll fully admit the fight is overly theatrical, but for the climactic battle of a movie? After you've sat through an hour and a half of our heroes Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon putting up with Jar Jar & Anakin's shit? You're right fukken there with the Jedi in their fight against Mr. Dark 'n' Thorny.

This user has a good point, the theater really gets you into the movie.

What's wrong with having a small discussion? We don't need 800 people in here Bane posting.

It's funny because at the time EVERYONE in the media was forced to pretend they loved it or that it had some artistic merit because it was Star Wars. Not a single person who ever saw it liked it. It was akin to an Amy Schumer movie today.

No but seeing what TFA lacked made me appreciate what the prequels had.

The prequels weren't perfect, they did many things wrong, but they also did many things right.

TFA was the same, it had many problems, but it did some things right that the prequels didn't.

Overall though. I thought the prequels were better than TFA,

obi wan going apeshit did the same dancing bullshit so who cares.

Sounds like you got BTFO and are whining about it, user.

i'm not even that user, and you're still a retard.

>Luke gets mad
>starts swinging wildly and just batters Vader down
>Obi Wan gets mad
>fights the exact same way as before but his face is now more angery >:^(

That's fair, I guess what really irks me is people saying TFA was unoriginal like Lucas didn't pat himself on the back about his POTTERY all the goddamn time.

Were you even born at the time? Because that's complete bullshit.

Did you miss the part where Obi-Wan thrashes on Maul and cuts his lightsaber in half? Or the way he knocked Maul down? What about how much more aggressive and faster he obviously was after Qui-Gon died?

For sure. Jar Jar was annoying to the characters IN the movie. He was shitty, but at least its not like they were all accepting of his horse shit.

Everyone treats anakin like being a little mouthy fuck wit is cool. Nothing about Anakin made his character tolerable to other characters. They're not begrudgingly taking him along like jar jar, they bend over backwards to free him because of 'destiny' rather than organic plot reasons.

Cont...

The prequels had just as many callbacks to the original trilogy as TFA has. And it's not like the whole WE GOTTA DESTROY THIS ONE BIG EVIL SHIP plot hadn't been done three times before which means Lucas copied HIMSELF twice.

kylo ren fucking lena dunham

ancensored.com/clip/Girls-2012-/Lena-Dunham/60651

>>you're bombarded by childish antics from a goofy creature that talks like he has an assortment of penises in his mouth
C3PO isn't THAT annoying, user.

holy shit the dumbest thing i've ever read

You're trying to hard. He fights the exact same way, just slightly faster. Both have thousands of opportunities to cut the other down and don't. It's bad choreography regardless of how angry they look.

>watch star wars episode 1
>everyone likes it mostly
>watch episode 2 some years later
>still hyped and positively recieved by masses
>watch plinkett reviews
>wtf I hate the prequels now
>wtf everyone hates the prequels now
>star wars 7 comes out
>uninspired ripoff of the OT
>dangles OT icons on a fucking string
>see it for the soulless cash grab that it is
>"OMG Millennium falcon xddd"
>wtf everyone loves ep 7 now
>plinkett review is around the corner

We all know how this will end.

It's not the same thing user youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

The prequels are a bunch of rehashing of OT concepts in superficial ways because HEY REMEMBER THAT HAHA. Why was Darth Vader space jesus? Because he's important to the fans and the marketing, so he HAS to be the literal center of the star wars universe. Why was the entire clone wars made up of Boba Fett clones? Because he sold toys. The movies lack a core central thesis, really the prequels lack any kind of theme or greater meaning.

The Force Awakens borrows a lot of its plot structure from ANH, but it's done for a thematic point. It's a movie about how the new generation constantly lives in the shadow of their parents and how the expectation to live up to their legacy affects them, and how to truly inherit the true spirit of the Force you must find true greatness in yourself. I'd elaborate further but I've honestly learned to not argue with TFA contrarians on this board, their line of reasoning is so affected by bias because they hate le disney jewz or hurr durr muh feminism or hurr durr not muh george lucas auteur there's no point to try to discuss the movie with them

I think you're blind, user. There's clearly a difference in Obi-Wan's fighting style right after Qui-Gon is killed vs before that moment.

I want to know what people like about the prequels?

Is it Jar-Jar's crazy antics?
Is it Natalie Portmans endearing line delivery?
Is it the coughing robot? It was the coughing robot, wasn't it?

going by the daily star wars threads the majority of Cred Forums seems to dislike tfa

But the choreography itself sucks, user. They have dozens of chances to maim each other and don't. They swing at each other's BLADES instead of each other's bodies.

They think pretending to love the prequels makes them enlightened and euphoric kinographers.

and then you get the REALLY pretentious assholes who fell for the "George Lucas is an auteur" meme so they MUST defend le epic solo artist even though he's completely fucking inept and was never that important to Star Wars' creative success anyway.

what thrashing? he lands a hit and cuts the saber in half.

so what. the point is that it doesn't look much different from the entire preceding fight. Qui Gon landed a hit too. still lots of twirling and bullshit.

>The Force Awakens borrows a lot of its plot structure from ANH, but it's done for a thematic point. It's a movie about how the new generation constantly lives in the shadow of their parents and how the expectation to live up to their legacy affects them, and how to truly inherit the true spirit of the Force you must find true greatness in yourself.

The last time I saw someone reach that far was when they were pulling you out of your mother's vagina.

Thank you.

>and how to truly inherit the true spirit of the Force you must find true greatness in yourself.
>I've honestly learned to not argue with TFA contrarians on this board, their line of reasoning is so affected by bias
Your truth is more true than any truth I've seen in this thread. Truly, you have what it takes to become an hero to us all.

We have to wait until the new Plinkette comes out, then we can properly form opinions on them.

>Obi-Wan fights the exact same way despite being angry!
>He doesn't
>But the choreography sucks!
Moving those goalposts, I see.

I fully understand shitting on Rey and all the New Hope plagiarism but Kylo Ren was great and I never got the hate outside of people literally not understanding it by saying "he's a bad character because he's whiny"

That feel when you have read about how Star Wars really came to be and realize that most of the good parts were from other more talented people arguing with George Lucas rather than from Lucas himself.

I have the same exact body frame as him except I'm a manlet. Should I kill myself already?

>The last time I saw someone reach that far was when they were pulling you out of your mother's vagina.

>Kylo Ren literally puts Darth Vader on a pedestal and thinks Ben Solo is too weak, so he must imitate Darth Vader even though he hates himself for it and murders his father to prove himself he can live up to grandpa

>Rey is abandoned by her parents and holds onto the delusional hope that they will come back for her and can't let go of the past even though she shows great potential. It's only when she acknowledges her love for Finn and Han Solo that she acknowledges her destiny as a Jedi and move on to the future, and that allows her to know the true spirit of the Force

It's not fucking complicated you nigger, you're just genuinely stupid or you think being obtuse about a children's space movie's themes makes you some kind of enlightened genius

The Phantom Menace is better than Revenge of the Sith

Cred Forums is an early adopter. It will take a few years of groupthink for normies to grasp why episode 7 was terrible just like with the delayed consensus on the prequels.

Eventually even the bandwagon fans will follow the normies who at least know star wars as they share the plinkett video around.

I never said Obi-Wan fought differently, he juat fights slightlyvfaster in the same style.

My second point is that the choreography is shitty because they aim for each other's blades.

I'm not moving goals posts. I'm making too separate points.

Have you even watched TPM recently? You can clearly see the differences from before Qui-Gon's death vs after. We see Obi-Wan struggle to play catch up almost the whole time, showing how inexperienced he is compared to Maul and Qui-Gon, and right as he's about to catch up with his master, he watches him get killed right in front of him. Once those shields go down, he's on Maul like a rabid dog, fueled by his anger and desperation. That's why he was able to slice his lightsaber in half and knock him down vs getting his ass kicked earlier. There's a clear difference in how he fights at that point vs earlier on. It may be too subtle for you to grasp it, but it's certainly there.

Holy shit, why are you so angry?

This. I love Kylo Ren as a villain. I really hope they don't screw up his character in the next two.

Mike and Jay fucking loved The Force Awakens. Why the fuck do you think the Plinkett review would be negative?

Do you think mike doesn't actually hate the prequels and was just being funny for le epic memes? The character is just there to be a more entertaining vehicle for mike's own opinions

That's a pathetic opinion to have. Are you one of those people who asks Cred Forums what they thought of something?

The Phantom Menace wishes it was as good as Prometheus.

I don't think people understand he's more like anakin than vader.

>Be george lucas
>get to make huge budget sci-fi film
>filming is not going to well, post is a nightmare too
>fox is already planning to take the franchise from him, they've lined up their sequel and are going to drop george from the franchise
>it comes out, it's a huge hit
>george gets to keep making star wars his way
>teams up with Leigh Brackett to write sequel, she dies before a new draft can be done
>has to move forward.... makes 2 more movies, but says this is it, as he divorce happens
>Marcia Lucas his ex wife wins an academy award...george never won one....
>Speilberg is going through some shit too, the guys bro out and make the dankest Indiana jones movie, which gets mixed reviews
>says star wars is on hold, lets spin off shit happen, but makes sure its not as awful as the holiday special
>george is pretty burnt out on this shit... but hey... howard the duck?
>Does some shit thats not star wars big, but is beloved over time, Willow, Labyrinth, Captain EO
>helps out with 3rd indiana jones, people fucking love the shit out of it
>drags ass a couple years
>speilberg is super busy killing jews and needs someone to finish his dinosaur stuff
>lucas shrugs and over see's post on jurassic park
>super impressed with effects
>thinks he can finally do prequels
>drags ass so much it's been 9 years since a star wars movie
>works on special editions to breath life into star wars
>it works, but people are pissed
>rushes episode 1 to try and smooth things over and get fans back
>no one wants to direct them, he has to do it himself
>pushes through the franchise to finish off prequels
>people fucking hate his god damn guts

Poor george.

hell yea boi

youtube.com/watch?v=t0qH2IaSjEU

Nobody loved the prequels, people are defending The Phantom Menace because for all it's flaws it still very much felt like an epic Star Wars film... the overall idea of the film was excellent, it's Jar Jar, Anakin, and a few trifling details that made it into a laughingstock.

user, give it a rest. You can have your own opinion, but you're not going to change anyone's mind either. Just stop.

Why are you here, then? You obviously came into this thread with the intention of changing people's minds about the prequels. Sounds to me like you're just butthurt, user.

>uncle and aunt WERE big starwarsfags
>they introduce me to OT
>saw TPM
>uncle and aunt hate it (it was really fun watching them lose their shit)
>disliked: podracing, C3PO, R2D2, "mom"
>liked: everything else
>JJB was like an "odd" thing
>discussed this with my anti sw friend about how odd was JJB in that "kind" of movies
>DarthJJB theory one year later

JUST

What can we expect from Plinkett's TFA review?

>he's on Maul like a rabid dog

except he's not fighting rabidly. he's fighting more competently. no one disputes that.

He fights slightly better while making an angry face. Thats categorically different than Luke going apeshit and showing actual emotion.

I came in here to ask people what they liked about the prequels and what they didn't like. I'm trying to have a fucking discussion. YOU are to the one that can't go dice seconds without arguing.

Watch the scene again, user, and this time pay attention to how Obi-Wan fights instead of thinking "This movie sucks" the whole time

he'll give it a positive review like 09 trek.

as he should.

Mostly positive analysis that shows where it went right in comparison to the prequels, but with the occasional nitpicking at some cheesy moments and similarities to ANH for humor.

Expect lots of mockery of prequelbabbies

Why are you so angry, user? Just leave the thread if you can't tolerate differing opinions.

The plinkett reviews didn't go viral because they were Mike's opinions wrapped in crude humor. Otherwise the rest of red letter media's videos would have blown up as well.

Plinkett exploded in popularity because it tore the prequels, which were mostly liked at the time, to shreds with a little bit of critical thinking and plot disection to back it up. People other than the hardcore fans didn't question the prequels that much until plinkett told them to dislike it. Whether it was true or not, it showed that the masses cannot form an educated opinion and will eat shit if they're served shit unless told otherwise, hence why episode 7 is also le best movie evar because it's got low effort pandering and fan service.

I watched it a few mins ago. You are totally right man, that moment where Obi Wan twirls you could feel how rabid he was. A normal man does not spin like that holy shit. Such emotion.

Can we drop the fucking MAUL fight? It's an okay fight as long as you don't focus on the fact that they aim for each other's blades instead of their actual opponents bodies. And then at the end Darth MAUL thinks to himself if he left his oven on and Obi-Wan has enough time to cut him in half.

It'll probably be like the Titanic review. Show off what he liked and what he didn't in detail with reasoning, plus comparisons to the prequels.

Either some joke about Plinkett not doing anything for years will also pop up or it will end with a joke about another review coming out soon or in 12 years

I think you think I'm the only person disagreeing with you. There's a few of us, m8.

>which were mostly liked at the time

I love this revisionist history. Fucking Carlos Mencia of all people had a shitty joke about how people who hated the prequels were nostalgiafags or something stupid like that, so hatred for the prequels had been in the public consciousness for long before plinkett.

>Plinkett exploded in popularity because it tore the prequels, which were mostly liked at the time,

>le "Red letter media invented prequel hate" meme

web.archive.org/web/20000305191203/http://www.leisuresuit.net/Webzine/articles/starwars_rev.shtml (review written by Eli Roth like three days after the movie came out)

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk (episode of Spaced that aired in 2000)

youtube.com/watch?v=9PCAPj4CkFM (episode of Simpsons that aired in 2002)

holy shit you are fucking delusional and most likely younger than 20 so you don't actually remember what the reaction to phantom menace was like.

Plus the South Park episode that aired only a month after TPM

this is from 2002 as well i think

youtube.com/watch?v=hHOTkSfVb4o

No one liked the prequels.

I really hope they bring Jar Jar Binks back as a Sith Lord.

>He comes in with that fucking goofy voice
>as he's talking it gets deeper and his accent disappears
>he pulls out a fucking lightsaber and has a short battle with Luke.
>He cuts his other hand off
>"Luke misa is your father"
>He shoves his lightsaber through Skywalker's face
>Kylo Ren proceeds to get down on his knees and sucks Princess Leia's monstrous cock
>Chewbacca mounts Han Solo's corpse
>Finn starts beating the shit out of Rey(it's her kink)
>Princess Leia cumshots on Kylo's tits
>Chewy stricken with grief starts eating Han's rotting flesh
>As Leia is distracted Darth Jar Jar slices that bitch in half
>Kylo crawls to Darth Jar Jar's feet and proceeds to lick them as Jar Jar strokes his hair
>Rey is now taking it from behind from Finn as she sucks Chewbacca dry
>Finn in a jealous rage takes out his glock and pops a few caps in Chewy's chest
>One hits Chewy in the throat and he charges Finn and with his last breath, Chewy "REEEEEEEEEEEE" and rips Finn's head clean off
>Rey, a little light headed from the beating, struggles to get to her feet
>Kylo holding onto Darth Jar Jar's legs, looks up to his master
>"Darth Jar Jar, what misa do?"
>Jar Jar gives Kylo a reassuring look and nods his head
>Kylo knows what he must do

DUUUUUUN DUUUN, DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUUUUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUUUUN

kill yourself liar

>Chewbacca stricken with grief
>eats Han

10 star post nigga

They did but they were not widely accepted as bad like they are now. All those people that like star wars because it's cool to like star wars, the ones that jizz their pants over the lazy fan service and eat that shit up, those people all hate the prequels because that's the common consensus now. And their hatred for the prequels only uplifts the originals as some holy grail of nerd cinema and pop culture that when they see an iconic thing from that movie shoved in their face, they giggle with joy and think that equates for good story telling or creative universe expansion. But it's really just another safe and unoriginal remake based entirely on brand name.

I'll get right on that.

youtube.com/watch?v=-xBRxofNI3Y

You really are blind if fail to see this you did. Plebs.

Don't pay attention to these queer-baits:
After watching that edited clip you posted, I remembered just how truly awesome that sequence was. Especially in the theater!

(see:)

I was in my late 20s when I saw that in the theater with an incredible sound system and with the Duel of the Fates theme playing, dance-off or not, it was quite impressive and satisfying. (see: )

I do have to say, though, the edited cut where it's ONLY the Jedi/Sith fight without all the space battle and Padme's coup stuff is WAY more effective. Keeps you in the "dance".

TFA's plot was shit. I can see your argument that it was about the themes, but it feels like they put some work into coming up with Kylo, Finn, and Rey's plotlines, then slapped them all together and ass-pulled another FUCKING DEATHSTAR out of sheer laziness. The plot has no emotional force behind it, they just shout, "DEATHSTAR" and expect the audience to give a shit while Kylo, Finn, and Rey do their stuff.

For the record I liked the characters, but I really must complain about how boring and unoriginal the plot was. Utter laziness.

Kylo was cool until he went full emo about not living up to gramps. It's fine to be dark and brooding, it's fine for a character to feel inadequate or to doubt themselves, but usually that's paired with an illustration of the struggle that character faces; e.g. a character might doubt themselves while training for some tournament, but then the filmmaker will show what that character is up against, they'll SHOW WHY the character doubts themselves, and how the character struggles to reach their goals.

Kylo crosses the line by wallowing in self-pity over not living up to Vader. The viewer doesn't get to see what the fuck made him so angsty, we don't see what his goal is, we don't see why he struggles at all. As far as the viewer sees, Kylo is just some 2edgy4U punk going through a ten-year-late puberty. Why is he conflicted at all? Why doesn't he just embrace the dark side? None of this is revealed, only some of it is hinted at, so the viewer is forced to conclude that Kylo is simply a pussy.

There was no music in tfa that compares to anything in the previous films, even the opening fanfare sounded weak.

They are pretty crap as movies but I'd legit take them over the new one and the originals. I generally see them as being 'so bad they are good.' Where as I see the others as being just boring, probably circle jerked over by the same nostalgia fags.

>DEATHSTAR

Again, another pleb who doesn't understand that the First Order is a failed imitation of the Empire. They're desperate to prove themselves as the successor to the Empire so they build Starkiller Base because building superweapons is what Star Wars villains do.

>hurr durr why is Kylo conflicted
>I need to see him kill younglings and have a convoluted plot about turning evil to save his wife from dying in childbirth to understand why he's evil

I absolutely LOVED the podracing video-game.
That was the shit, man...
Even my girlfriend at the time was obsessed with that game.

"Now THIS is podracing!"

Have to agree with you on this.
The best duel of the entire series was when Luke loses his shit and it's all emotion. Matched with the score, it worked. Pure rage, turning to the Dark Side, etc...
Looking at his own robotic self and seeing himself turn into his father. Good stuff, that scene.

>And then at the end Darth MAUL thinks to himself if he left his oven on and Obi-Wan has enough time to cut him in half.
This was my biggest complaint with TPM, bigger than Jar Jar & everything else because the climax was the one point that manages to be completely epic despite all the rest of the film. I hated that part where Obi-Wan blatantly looks over towards the lightsaber and Maul gives him a puzzled look like, "wtf u thinkin?"

All they had to do was, after Obi-Wan glances over,
>Maul takes a step back and readies his blade because he senses Obi-Wan is up to something
>Obi-wan jumps up high while force-grabbing saber
>Obi-Wan flies over Maul's head, swinging at him with his saber as he does
>Maul blocks overhead attack with a wide swipe
>Obi-Wan lands and cuts Maul in half while he's bringing his blade back from the block-swing.

It boils down to Obi-Wan making an extra attack that gets blocked before he finishes Maul. That's it. All they had to do.

same. I had it on PC. played it at gameworks the few times I went too.

>So I guess Rey is supposed to be the protagonist of this movie, and I got some mixed feelings about this broad. While the actress who plays Rey does an okay job and has a great ass, she doesn't really have what I would call a "personality". I put her through my own time-honored test again and again and kept coming up with nothing. I think a big reason as to why this is the case is because Rey doesn't face much adversity throughout the movie. Instead, she mostly just succeeds at things without trying very hard. And while Luke succeeded at things too, Luke never beat up like three guys all by himself in his second scene. Nor did he walk onto the Millennium Falcon and immediately fix something that Han Solo himself couldn't figure out. Luke's victories came after a lot of mistakes and with help from other characters.

>I'm really not sure why Rey was written this way, but I suspect it was a misguided attempt by the writers to not alienate their new female audience by making sure to never depict her getting any help from a man. And before you fucks in the comment section start calling me a sexist, lemme be the first to tell you I'm not. If I was a gay, I'd have killed plenty of male hookers, too. I see 'em all the time down near the K-Mart. In fact, that was one of my son's jobs before he killed himself and I'll have you know I was very supportive.

>What was I talking about? Oh right, Rey.

"...from a certain point of view."

>I see what you did there, user.

I enjoyed it for what it was: a popcorn flick; no more and no less.
And Amy Schumer isn't the worst out there.

>>you're bombarded by childish antics from a goofy creature that talks like he has an assortment of penises in his mouth

You mean just like every other Star Wars movie?
They're all "family movies", you know.

Yes I was there OP, and you know what ? it was still way better than watching a terrible lifeless industrial SJW reboot made by robots.

>OMG ! A space fantasy lightsaber fight is not realistic BUT visually pleasing

Pathetic sarcastic fags who made their opinion with youtube.

That clip was pretty awesome. Thank you for that. "You want a Gatorade?" Ha-ha-ha-ha!
"What flavor?"
"Uh... Orange."

>Again, another pleb who doesn't understand that the First Order is a failed imitation of the Empire.
You're a moron, the viewer is beaten over the head with that point and it's really moot to my argument.
>They're desperate to prove themselves
>building superweapons is what Star Wars villains do.
Except my beef is that nobody gives a shit about the First Order to begin with. So what if they're living in the shadow of the Empire? They could have a great explanation for building another Death Star, the point is that the audience has seen it before... twice. Three times if you count Anakin flying into the Trade Federation ship and blowing it up from the inside in TPM. It's unoriginal and frankly immersion-breaking that these people would keep trying the same damn thing over and over again when it keeps failing.

>>I need to see him kill younglings and have a convoluted plot about turning evil to save his wife from dying in childbirth to understand why he's evil
Nice strawman, faggot. You're holding up an even shittier character and acting like Kylo is well-written because his reasons for being evil aren't as retarded as Anakin's. Anakin is a terrible example to use, he was even whinier than Kylo-- better to have no backstory as Kylo does than have a terrible backstory like Anakin who was played like a fiddle into ruining his own life.

Holy crap.
You are so right on this.

>Forgot about Howard the Duck.
>You cracked me up on that one.

politics is exposition, lucas just had a very wooden way of expressing that

Vader in ANH worked perfectly well when he was just a bad dude who got seduced because he was evil.

Ben Solo was insecure and had issues due to being related to the four most famous people in the entire galaxy so he tried to imitate darth vader to make up for his own inadequacy. It's fucking easy, dude.

I don't know if it's because I'm totally drunk or what but that was some funny shit, BOOOOOI!

This. The prequels were shitty, but at least they weren't boring cookie cutter shit. You can still enjoy how bad they are, while there's nothing in TFA that stands out enough to make me want to see it again.

5 > 7 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 >1

Contrarians like usual.

>left his oven on
now that's funny
lol'ed

poor guy

im sure not even his gorillion dollars make him feel better.

5 > 4 > 7 = 6 >> 3 > 1 >>>> 2

Attack of the clones has 0 redeeming qualities

Reminds me of what they did to James Bond...
In the books that Ian Flemming wrote he hardly ever was going to win. It was only with the help of his buddies or the gal interest of said story that he got out of the climactic situation at the end. Now, in the movies, he's the bad-ass hero where everything comes naturally for no apparent reason. But in the stories he'd just get himself into a situation and try to fuck things up as much as possible.
Ah well... Franchises.

I suppose the same applies to the people who like the force awakens

quads don't lie
so mote it be

This tbd (to be desu)

lardbiscuit.com/lard/bestfoods.html
>1. Cheese
Would you trust a man who thinks the best food on earth is "Cheese"?

Dude. The prequels still did really well. From what I saw, they mainly only got hate in retrospect.

Still much better than this abomination. Not only it's a rehash of the original, but a fucking awful one at that

I remember when watching it the first time in the theater. It was so packed we had to sit on the floor in the back.

I recall just hoping Jar Jar was only a temporary character like the Jawas in a New Hope, but then he goes on the whole fucking journey with them. At the time I was mostly mixed about the film but gave it the benefit of the doubt that it might improve with a sequel since it was an intended part of a trilogy.The Clone Wars confirmed just how awful everything really was.

Just give the contrarianism a rest already.

>not a long read at all...

Cheese? I'm O.K. with that, I guess. I wouldn't say best but my ex always said cheese and wine were the best.
>But those music choices are complete rubbish, so THAT'S where he lost my trust.

Agreed on everything. AoC might be one of the worst films I have seen period let alone the worst Star Wars.

they never will

contrarians get a thrill about being contrarians

i should know i'm armond white

It's ballet with lightsabers. There are a dozen points in this fight where one of the characters is needlessly spinning around and the other character could kill him in an instant but instead he's just waiting for the cue for his next piece of choreography.

It's immersion breaking. Remember the tension of the first lightsaber duel between obi-wan and darth vader? It never had any fancy acrobatics yet still managed to shit all over this.

Uh no it wasnt

Had to look that name up. You've made me chuckle a bit. It's even in his bio description.

I was 10. I went with my dad. I loved it. I still like it. Fuck you.

>CONTRARIAN CONTRARIAN CONTRARIAN CONTRARIAN

How hard is it to accept that people simply have a different opinion from you and that they're not making up an opinion specifically to piss you off? This retarded "There's no way you can possibly think this so you're just a contrarian" bullshit needs to stop. I liked TPM when it came out, I still do. I thought TFA was an "okay" movie that blatantly rehashed the plot of ANH in a way that didn't make sense with the series lore. How many years is it going to take before you realize that not everyone is out to get you and some of them actually have points to make?

>that didn't make sense with the series lore

Yet you like The Phantom Menace and the prequels, which contradict the original trilogy like fucking crazy?

How can a movie with Liam Neeson as a main character be this bad?

But the prequels absolute SLAUGHTERS the lore. Obiwan-posting is almost entirely based on weird shit that the prequels was responsible for.

It wasn't. And he wasn't. See, he had a special set of skills. Like spinning around in a duel.
>I'm guessing to see if there's any bad guys behind him (quick look-see check) and get right back to the battle at hand without losing his beats.

Watch the clone wars. Everything past season 2 is great. You will get to see Anakin much more fleshed out as a character, his struggle against going to the dark side, his total devotion to Padme, become a master, and how great of a Jedi he actually was. Then watch RotS.

I really enjoy the prequels now that I have more backstory on the characters.

After watching them all the
movies in order, including both animated series, clone wars and rebels, it completely changed my perspective of the Star Wars saga. I'm much more emotionally invested and love the world building in the story now than I ever was when I was young. I just take it for what it is instead of judging it so harshly. The books are also great and fill in so much.

>that fucking comment section
youtu.be/p0cpRamEur4

If you like those, you should definitely read the books. Even if they aren't canon anymore they don't contradict the movies outside of TFA. Some of them are REALLY well-written, like Barbara Hambly's stuff.

>tfw I actually like Jar Jar

Of course the prequels had similarities to the OT, as they should. TFA should have references to the OT too.

The problem was the types of references. I cringed at all the 12 Parsec joke. Not only that, but the structure of the TFA was a blatant carbon copy of ANH.

That normally doesn't bother me. So what if it copies it? No need to get mad, and I would forget about it later on.

What makes me mad, is they had the opportunity to tell a brand new story, advance the universe, create new factions, new societies, a new Jedi order, and yet they decided to play it as safe as fucking possible. They threw away 3 movies worth of character development; they ruined Luke before we got to see him as a Jedi master, they split Han and Leia before we got to see them as a couple and parents.

Wasted potential, over anything, is what really riles me up.

>Pls, give it a pass
Nah.

Yes. I finally understood how hard Anakn fought against the dark side. I actually felt bad for him. He wanted a family. Everyone he loved or cared about either got killed, left him, was murdered. The council wanted him to spy on father figure Palpi. He was used the entire time by both Jedi and the Sith and constantly being pulled in two different directions.

You deserve to feel bad.

star wars is just a product of someone who had a good idea, lots of help and... nothing else at all.

try harder

>can't even shit on jar jar without someone saying some stupid shit about TFA

What a cool and smart guy, who brags he would rather watch a bad movie than tolerate the existence of a normal space adventure.

So you admit that you defend the prequels simply because you spent a long time getting over how bad they were, and let this cloud your opinion on movies you haven't tough about for as long?

Why do prequelfags always have to bring up their dad when they say they enjoyed the movies?

>just kidding I know exacfly why

Because there is an actual epidemic of people intentionally choosing opinions they feel are rare and unusual in order to feel superior to regular human beings?

I'm not shitting on you, since you are totally right, but that's why.

That doesn't hold up when the First Order superweapon destroys multiple planets at once. It's clearly just "oh, we'll have a Death Star, but make it cooler and bigger and betterer!"
Kylo is the only thing that the whole unironic IT'S LIKE POETRY bullshit people are clinging onto. The other references are nostalgiabait. Get over it, It's not a bad film but that doesn't mean it has to be a very good one either.

Coca Cola fish get out

No I enjoyed the prequel, otherwise I wouldn't have gone to the opening of all of them but after I saw the tfa I don't feel any desire to see another new star wars in the cinema.

Which book should a person read first? There's so many.

I was never that bothered about jar jar. I mean the jokes with him were bad, but as a character design I thought he was fine, essentially a bumpkin alien goofy.

I think he could have worked fine, possibly great as a concept with much better writing.

Anakin a the main problem in the movie. The movie should have happened around him, not focused directly on him

This tbqh familia

personality aside, jar jar looks great (both design and quality)

For some reason I find CGI stuff from that era fits in to the movie way better than stuff being put out nowadays.

Is it just the lower quality of the film? Like, I can see that Jar Jar looks less realistic than, say, that little bar woman in TFA, but he still fits the environment better, y'know?

Prequelfags absolutely destroyed.

Was it rape?

Based user deliver us from prequel defenders

absolutely savage

how can prequel fags even compete?

Jar Jar bugs people because he was all over the movie and George Lucas was super proud of him and he's just a retard who goes around saying deebadabbadoobadabba and swinging his body around like a bad old caricature of a black person. The way he was marketed and just showed up in the movie for no reason to play no real role but was at the forefront all the time really exposed that Lucas was looking at the prequel as some silly toy movie that had action scenes.

the podracing parts were better than anything in TFA.

>a plotless racing scene is better than a whole story

Prequelfags, everyone

>inb4 'yeah lmao that's how much TFA sux'

I cant believe that someones legitimately trying to defend tfa while calling the prequels superficial marketed trash. There were themes in TPM but that doesnt make both movies good and not garbage.

The fact that you just label anyone who disagrees with you contrarian makes it even better. Please explain the deep thematic symbolism behind howing the chess set in hans ships, throwing down one liners in the midst of danger to destroy the tone of the scene, another deathstar popping up to be destroyed by xwings the same exact way, or a cantina scene thrown in for the heck of it, oh and dont forget that symbolic meaningful moment where han says " I got a bad feeling about this."

Any good points for tfa are utterly destroyed by the execution, which already negates all the achievements luke and crew made. The movie takes no time to establish the relationship of the characters, Rey literally gets leias dead husbands ship for no other reason than her presumed importance. You dont defend pandering turds by pointing out another panderding turd then acting like youre enligtened.

>posting racism graffiti on Cred Forums
just stop

>a scene to show anakins piloting prowess and win his freedom while helping the jedi get the parts they need is plotless.

Wew lad.

Episode 1 was still made in the celluloid era where they had to print digital effects optically onto a 35mm master during the inter-negative stage.

Since the digital effect has to be printed physically onto the film it appears much more seamlessly bonded to the rest of the frame.

That's why Jurassic Park still looks good today too.

Digital effects can be so clean nowadays they have to be imperfected to better mimic reality. This is why we have to apply motion blur and fake grain and shit, which used to be a natural byproduct of the celluloid process.

Lol nah bro you just don't get it TFA literally has no plot bro there aren't even characters bro there's nothing going on and the biggest multimedia company in the world literally doesn't know how to make movies and that's why I texted the whole time god they should have put even one scene in it I was so bored by this nothing movie that I stayed in the theater for an hour in a half after it was over on my phone before realizing it was over when the staff had to lead me out

lmao no

The Phantom Menace, at it's core, is about a guy who manipulates trade fees and a trade organisation into blockading and eventually invading a planet in order to earn himself political capital and eventually get elected as chancellor of the galactic senate. This might have been an interesting movie done by anyone else but at it's core it was a horrible, horrible star wars movie because you had to ruin this pure idea by inserting extra idiocy on top, like a slave jesus space wizard and space monks who do ninja flips and a guy cosplaying satan.

Why was it so perfect brahs?

>kylo skmply is a pussy
Hmm i thoght that's the point.

yep

>go to the theatre to see the first star wars film in 9 years
>you're visibly excited
>the film starts
>village shits getting btfo left and right by the first order
>wow this is pretty go..."who talks first you or le me xD?"
>all tension in the scene and the rest of the movie is gone

JUST

Maybe her career got damaged but not her boobies

She acted like a huge cunt against Keira Knightley so she deserved it.

do you have that edit?

i was trying enjoying the movie last night on T.V and here comes yong Annie mid duel to shoot two torpedos and yeeehawww out of an explosion...

not even a smooth transition

>liking a completely unnecessary CGI demo reel

They could have shown Anakin cross the finish line in a brief scene, and then done another brief scene of Liam getting his part of the winnings from Watto.

And saved 15 minutes of screen time that could have been used to flesh out the characters or the story, rather than focusing on a non-character doing a thing that won't matter.

Contrarians who are still ass blasted that normies love TFA and it went to make 2 billion after convincing themselves the movie was going to suck hard weeks before its release

What did she do? Tell me the gossip

>Dumb repackaged version of original Star Wars for a new audience that meets all the diversity and feminist quota marks

Star Wars has become a cancer
The prequals are horrible either way though and nothing will be worse than them.

I really wanted it to be good.

Jar-Jar is a sith lord

I liked Jar Jar. He was the clown and comedic relief especially for the younger viewers. However, his comedy fell flat with many adults. The funny thing about comedy is, when it fails to amuse, it typically inspires hatred.

>the viewer is forced to conclude that Kylo is simply a pussy.

Yes, he is. Kylo's not some cool dude looking up to his grandad, Kylo's a little bitch who desperately wants to be like a legend (even though said legend didn't even believe in the Dark Side when he died).

Congrats on also missing the point.

>wow why does a kids flick has a childish character in it!

goodfriend.jpg

Jar-Jar has second most screen time in TPM after Liam Neeson. Which is weird because it's odd to spend the most screen time on a character that dies the the end and is mentioned only a handful of times in the next two and then not at all in the originals.

And it's really weird to have so much focus on Jar-Jar since he's barely even in the next two at all and also never mentioned in the originals.

The pod race is WAAAAAAAAY too cartoony. It's wacky races in Star Wars.

And the announcers are really annoying once you realize they are only saying what you, as an audience member, just saw.

I laughed my ass off and still like that scene.

I do understand that it is Marvel tier quipping, but I've also met people in the military who respond to death type situations like this in that same manner of trying to joke it off and keep things lighthearted.

I had my doubts about TFA once I found out about Death Star 3: Gung an Boogaloo, but I ended up loving the idea of Starkiller Base and really enjoyed the movie.

>star wars
>wars only in 2,3,5 episodes.

What? Have you even seen Star Wars?

>overly theatrical

No its not. its a masterpiece and you shouldn't give an inch to these baiting nu-Cred Forums contrarian faggots.

Phantom menance is the only good star was movie outside of the originials and that is with JarJar, young annie an underperforming Natalie and shitty cgi droids all working against it. and it was still a decent flick. Liam neilson really was perfect as a Jedi and Darth Maul was an excellent villian.

The light saber battle was perfect and Darth Maul is actually a martial artist and dancer which is the perfect combonation to pull off a fight scene for a MOVIE.

God i fucking hate you all so much.

Also, the pod racing was amazing, both in concept and execution.

I would say that in the fifth there is no war, just some battles. Here 2 and 3 episodes - chic. The battle over Coruscant, the invasion of Geonosis...that's really star wars. It's not a boring fight 20 fighter vs a strange round thing.

In real life, you mean?
No, not yet.
What are they like?

It's like the second Plinkett review said: You could have started the entire prequel-saga at episode 2 because Qui-gon died, jar-jar wasn't important anymore, we knew nothing about Obi-Wan because he didn't do anything and Anakin is a new character.
The entire movie is basically pointless and the first minute in the elevator establishes the entire story

also Podracing is never referenced again, which makes that sequence doubly irrelevant.

Force kick.

Move along, move along.

Is this true? I only watched original trilogy, didnt want to spoil the joy with new movies, is the latest one any good?

What I dislike the most about the prequels is that they had all the ingredients to he amazing, but it fell flat on its face.

The story of how Palpatine turns the Republic into the Empire while Anakin gives into his darker impulses for the greater good.

But all we got was galactic c-span and Anakin having bad dreams and being tricked into going to the dark side.

youtu.be/J0mUVY9fLlw

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

>go to see TFA
>giddy from the trailers, cant wait to see what new direction star wars and the original cast go
>quips quips quips
>leia and hans relationship is destroyed, luke abandons everyone and fucks off
>its like a deathstar only biggerer and betterer guise!
>indoctrinated pilots who apparently give out information.
>jedi training whats that, anyone can figure out mind tricks you silly boys!
>han is dwad oh no :(, here random space orphan go find luke in his ship. Please enjoy our complimentary chewie and r2d2.

Felt peetty bad desu

Wow
It was just a prank bro

Worst part is that the first one is ten times visually more interesting

>The prequels weren't hated since they were released

I wish this meme would die already

People believe that the prequels were liked until RLM.

They weren't. Especially 1. If you were alive back then you'd know that. Hell, people turned on 7 faster than they turned on 1.

The critics didn't hate them at all. Only internet dwellers but internet wasn't very popular yet

No ones saying the prequels are good except legitimate contrarians. What people are saying is that tfa was so bad it makes the visual/novelty aspect of the prequels good in comparison.

Its the "welp at least it didnt suck as bad as X." Most people getting assblasted are generally in the category that fell for the blantant pandering and years of internet wank stops them from seeing it any other way.

Much like how people raised the OT up on a pedestal after seeing the trainwreckthat was the prequels. This happens all the time, but I guess Cred Forums is just retarded.

I was 14 when TPM came out. No one who I knew liked any of the prequels. Not any students, teachers, relatives or friends had anything positive to say about them.

I honestly don't understand how people can get any enjoyment out of them.

>No one who I knew liked any of the prequels.
That's because you have no friends.

But TFA's a great movie.

user please, I can only laugh so much in one day.

>i'm not contrarian, but heres some more contrarianism!

I went to see it with my high school friends in theatres and not only did we all hate it, everyone who walked out of the theatre were talking about how shit it was and how it was a kid's film.

we were hype for months before seeing it. I even had this poster hanging in my room.

Do tell.

>gives user a plate of shit.
>"this is shit"
>gives user shit,corn, and diarrhea. No plate
>"this is even worse, at least I had a plate with my other shit"

Simplified for you disney shills.

And also apparently didn't go to school and also have no relatives.

Every one of my friedns wanted a darth maul lightsaber, I remember going to birthday parties with darth maul masks and sw books.

Went with friends of mine as well. We all left in an almost silence. We knew we didn't like Jar-Jar or the kid, but everything else seemed off as well.

Finally agreed that nothing about it was redeemable.

>be 9 years old when this came out
>think Jar Jar was funny as fuck
The movie was made for children and knew it's audience well.

Don't know if this is pasta, but that sounds spot-on. Read the whole thing in his voice

>teams up with Leigh Brackett to write sequel, she dies before a new draft can be done

This is kind of a "whoa shit" right here. That fucking sucks. Dying before you even get to see the work you did on Empire Strikes Back. Its too bad George didn't team up with anyone for episode 1. Though man, who would he have gotten to help him? I never knew one of the writers died though.

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.

thank you

The prequels are infused with a bold vision of artistic profundity that eclipses the likes of generic sci-fi movies of recent times. The streamlining process that has begun to creep into the production of every slightly sci-fi-y tinged movie has created an amorphous blob of mediocrity and blandness. The prequels deliver a basic premise of good vs. evil but do it so by utilizing characters that are endowed with humanity. Aside from the storytelling aspect the prequels stand strong on all fronts, from writing, cinematography and set pieces that truly immerse you into a fantastic world full of wonder and awe. It is infinitely unfortunate that this behemoth of a film project is marred by the majority of the populace's inability to assess the genius and lack of intelligence. One can only hope that in eons to come, evolution will have worked in ways as to ensure and maximize the distribution of the gene that thrives in the intellectual minority of our time so that future generations and civilizations will be able to grasp the grandeur of the prequels and see behind the masquerading illusion that is reddit.

I prefer every other Star Wars movie over Revenge of the Sith

Less than five replies in. Would be impressive if it weren't pathetic.

>they weren't
kek

is this copypasta

StarWars8 : The force comes from a tree. Rey is the real chosen one. not Anakin. She is the reincarnated spirit of the first person to get force powers. Thx me now

>it showed that the masses cannot form an educated opinion and will eat shit if they're served shit unless told otherwise

Ah, the "no one hated the prequels before Plinkett" meme. One of my favorites.

I'll just leave this here

Yeah, you don't remember how the prequels were praised by critics and fans alike? You don't remember how episodes 1,2 and 3 swept the Oscar's?

Back in 2002, Jar-Jar and comedic genius went hand-in-hand.

>not having the republican gunship lego set
>not having the new battledroid lego set
>not having the new clone wars game for gamecube
>not seeing natalie portman in a sexy outfit
>being this uncultured

but yes, clone wars was breddy shite

who the fuck thinks this is funny?

and how retarded do you have to be to make vader look like >THAT!?